Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 16: July-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Charles & Camilla's marriage in trouble?

I live in the USA and read in a newspaper that she has consulted a divorce lawyer and Charles wants a mistress. He is supposedly unhappy with her weight gain among other things. In the photos they look so happy that I don't know what to believe.

You must be reading the grocery store check out line rags. Just disregard them. Soon they will have Camilla pregnant with Elvis Presley's child.

greyinnan's right. The US tabloids at the grocery store are a joke for royal news. They seem to report the exact opposite of of what actually happens. Unfortunately C+C happy doesn't sell papers. :(

Personally, I would suggest you just read UK papers if you want to actually know what's going on with C+C etc. That's what I do, I don't even bother reading the US papers for Royal news. (except of course when C+C were actually in America.) :)

Elizabeth Harris said:
I live in the USA and read in a newspaper that she has consulted a divorce lawyer and Charles wants a mistress. He is supposedly unhappy with her weight gain among other things. In the photos they look so happy that I don't know what to believe.

One German yellow press mag this week had stories on Maxima fleeing to Argentina to seek a dicorce from Willem-alexander, a close to death accident of Camilla's which left her disfigured, so there might be a divorce there, too. Then a secret holiday of CP Victoria with a yet unknown but "Royal" man plus amounts of other lies... LOL!

I think the story will be when there is no story so the gutter press needs to make up something or the other

When will it ever end? Even the new scheme launched by the prince's trust is still not appreciated honestly.A little bit more appreciation please

Elspeth said:
Don't you have libel laws in Germany?

We do and they are even tougher than in a lot of other countries but I guess the editors know exactly who is going to sue and who won't. The amount of stories about the Monaco princes and princesses are reduced considerably since caroline sued several times and won - even though the family is very popular here.

But with the Dutch and British Royals the editors are at the secure side: the Dutch are notoriously "non-suing" while the British have to read worse things every day in their papers... ;)

If Lord Bath says it's a good idea, you can always disregard it totally.

That's a lttle harsh, he is only slightly batty! :lol:

I thought that was nice that Prince Charles wanted to be kept abreast of the matter and stated how he pretty much has to stay nuetral.

grevinnan said:
You must be reading the grocery store check out line rags. Just disregard them. Soon they will have Camilla pregnant with Elvis Presley's child.

I must have seen the same tabloid at the store! I would hope that it is fiction, although the rumors about Charles and Diana sadly turned out to be true.

What a mess it would be if Charles and Camilla couldn't make a go of it.

After a 30 year rollercoaster to get where they are now, I doubt very much that what is being written, has any substance at all.

I think that Camilla may have a better understanding of what Diana had to put up with in way of being (officially) 'public property' and no doubt can sympathise in this respect.

Last edited:
kerry said:
I thought that was nice that Prince Charles wanted to be kept abreast of the matter and stated how he pretty much has to stay nuetral.

He seems to show interest in a massive amount of projects but because of all the 'media attacks', it appears he now has to emphasize his neutrality.

What a strange world we live in, that democracy and freedom of speech are denied to our future king.

Skydragon said:
He seems to show interest in a massive amount of projects but because of all the 'media attacks', it appears he now has to emphasize his neutrality.

What a strange world we live in, that democracy and freedom of speech are denied to our future king.

It means that Prince Charles is closer to the throne than ever before. He must try to exercise more slience on his views like what the example the Queen set before him. I want to hear him more but I want to see a more calmed and more sensible Prince Charles. Sometimes I found him too honest to tell a white lie. A strange person neverless I like him very much. I see some book said that Charles now try to let his Prince's charities to stand on their feet.When he became the King, he had to let it go. I think he will probably miss the limited freedom of being Prince of Wales when he become King. I feel happy and proud for him because he had so many things to be remebered by us. He is a great Prince of Wales.

love_cc said:
It means that Prince Charles is closer to the throne than ever before. He must try to exercise more slience on his views like what the example the Queen set before him. I want to hear him more but I want to see a more calmed and more sensible Prince Charles. Sometimes I found him too honest to tell a white lie. A strange person neverless I like him very much. I see some book said that Charles now try to let his Prince's charities to stand on their feet.When he became the King, he had to let it go. I think he will probably miss the limited freedom of being Prince of Wales when he become King. I feel happy and proud for him because he had so many things to be remebered by us. He is a great Prince of Wales.

Yes, staying neutral on matters, not "getting involved" is good for him since he can't take on every issue and especially with his destiny so close to fruition. I'm glad that he does take interest in causes, it shows he really cares.

I agree that he will uphold the standards set before him but his track record on matters like these will be remembered in the future and his people will know how much he cares. He will have to be more "contained" in his actions and opinions when he is king but I find that not be a problem. I don't know too much about him because of lack of true media coverage but I do feel he's a upright guy like you've stated. A great Prince of Wales , you say? He's really a king in disguise.;)

kerry said:
He will have to be more "contained" in his actions and opinions when he is king but I find that not be a problem. I don't know too much about him because of lack of true media coverage but I do feel he's a upright guy like you've stated. A great Prince of Wales , you say? He's really a king in disguise.;)

He will do a splendid job as king but like any job he will grow into it, when the time comes.:flowers:

I'm sure very few of us were perfect workers, girlfriends, boyfriends, wives, husbands, parents, etc, right at the start! :lol:

Skydragon said:
He will do a splendid job as king but like any job he will grow into it, when the time comes.:flowers:

I'm sure very few of us were perfect workers, girlfriends, boyfriends, wives, husbands, parents, etc, right at the start! :lol:

Very true but he has had "many" years of training. I'm sure there will be bumps in the road but he will take it in stride.;)

Some pictures of C+C at Braemar Games Highland Gathering

gettyimages

MARG said:
My, my my! They really are an uptight family aren't they! :whistling: :ROFLMAO::w00t2:

These pictures are the ultimate proof of it :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The pictures from Hello are absolutely hilarious. I've never laughed so much at people having a good time. They seem to be having a total blast!

looks like everyones having fun.
just curious about the tartan camilla is wearing. it doesn't match charles and i wondered if it was her personal tartan, her familes or a new design just for her. i know very little about the tartan history and an eager to learn more. thanks

just curious about the tartan camilla is wearing. it doesn't match charles and i wondered if it was her personal tartan, her familes or a new design just for her. i know very little about the tartan history and an eager to learn more. thanks

It is Balmoral tartan which is reserved for the royal family

thanks so much for the information, does that mean charles is wearing the prince of wales tartan. why isn't the queen wearing tartan? is it to not appear partial at the games? charles and camilla always look so happy in each others company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom