Prince Louis, Tessy and Family, News & Events 2: April 2017 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly that. She was in Dubai because Vice is launching their first Middle east branch. It is why she was there in November, and why she is there now. They received an award the other night for their new branch, and she was attending the ceremony. I posted photos. She is in Saudi Arabia because she was asked to present at the forum.

Why is she doing what?

In Dubai? Because she has a job as well as being involved in charity work. Both of which requires her to have a public image.

We have no idea what is holding up the divorce. Tessy is being painted as the gold digger who trapped the prince with a baby and never loved him. Of course it is always the commoner's fault. The little commoner gold digger probably intentionally got pregnant :bang:

Why should she? :ermm:

She has two sons to help take care of financially, in a very expensive city. And I am sure the boys likely attend very expensive schools. Because of her job she is expected to attend events and is expected to look good. Instead of relying on her husband, now ex husband or soon to be, she promotes a designer and she gets some free clothes and makeup from it.

It seems nothing short of her quitting public life, hiding away in some hamlet and living like a middle class librarian, would please people. Why should she give up her charities and her career, to try and please people who will always brand her a gold digging commoner?

:previous:

To be fair, a simple caporal (corporal) in the Forces armées luxembourgeoises from tiny rural Pétange would never ever make it to fancy trips to Dubai without all the opportunities she was given as daughter-in-law to The Grand-Duke of Luxembourg.

I don't think Tessy is a gold digger, but she has been VERY much helped indeed and grabs all opportunities (and right she is). Had she fallen in love with the son of the local gas station owner in Pétange, I doubt she would have developed in the same way.

I think it si reasonable that she expects a more comfortable life, financially as the wife of a Prince.. but she should acknowledge that... and not ask for too much. her family wont go short, and she has a career that she problaby would ntot have had without the financial support of Louis's family..
And I can't understand why people put their every engagement or "wonderful sushi dinner" on social media..

:previous:

To be fair, a simple caporal (corporal) in the Forces armées luxembourgeoises from tiny rural Pétange would never ever make it to fancy trips to Dubai without all the opportunities she was given as daughter-in-law to The Grand-Duke of Luxembourg.

I don't think Tessy is a gold digger, but she has been VERY much helped indeed and grabs all opportunities (and right she is). Had she fallen in love with the son of the local gas station owner in Pétange, I doubt she would have developed in the same way.

So because she is divorced she should go back to living like she was raised? Should she get a job working at the corner store and driving a mini van? Is that the only way she wont be accused of beng a gold digger?

Yes she was helped, but she made something of herself. She could have sat on her ass and done nothing. She could have lived off her husband's trust and enjoyed a comfortable life. She didn't have to go to college and get a masters degree. She didn't have to become an ambassador for UNAIDS. She didn't have to help found professors without borders. She was a private citizen, not even given a title the first years of marriage, seen as a gold digging commoner who got pregnant on purpose by most. Yet she has worked very hard to build a life for herself.

Why should she have to throw away all she built because she is divorcing? Yes she may have been given a hand by her in laws, but she has worked damn hard to represent her charities, why should she give them up? They aren't royal patronages. They are hers. She is a private citizen.

I think it si reasonable that she expects a more comfortable life, financially as the wife of a Prince.. but she should acknowledge that... and not ask for too much. her family wont go short, and she has a career that she problaby would ntot have had without the financial support of Louis's family..
And I can't understand why people put their every engagement or "wonderful sushi dinner" on social media..

How do we know its her being unreasonable? Oh I know because only the gold digging commoner could be unreasonable. Just like Louis is automatically assumed to be the innocent party, and the suggestions Tessy has a boy toy waiting in the wings. Ever wonder if perhaps Louis and his family are not being reasonable??? But of course not, royals are always fair.

Financial security..... one of the realities of shared custody, shared expenses. Louis' care of the kids may be financed by the royal family, but she has to house and likely help with many of the expenses as well. That takes money.

And do you really think she would be sharing gowns with her former sister in laws?

All the criticism she is trying to mooch of her ex in laws, and then turn around and complain she is earning her own money. She has a job, part of that job is promoting things. Would we rather her being leeching off the royals forever, or selling a tell all to keep the bills paid???

She isn't like former royal exes like Alexandra or Diana who got very padded divorce settlements (not just the money for the kids). They had the luxury of keeping 'the royal image' as they had the luxury to do so.

More from her trip, from speaking at the economic forum (hopefully that is considered acceptable enough for a former royal).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgjJIt1Ag7F/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgitmH1ARKC/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgiLeeKA0Uq/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgg8Wh8Aokx/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgglskYg_G8/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

Shame she isn't considered a royal any more. I actually think her and Meghan would get along well, on women's issues. Be nice to see a BRF member interacting on a regular (not just on tours or rare visit) with foreign royals. Maybe Mabel and Meghan can meet up as Mabel is in London too.

We must not be mistaken by the "wealth" of Prince Louis. Not even his father Grand-Duke Henri owns the bulk of the private Nassau wealth: Grand-Duke Jean (97) is very much alive. Tessy possibly expects to maintain a certain lifestyle but in fact she married a jobless younger son from the Grand-Duke. Maybe that is the dispute why it takes so long: expectations not meeting reality.

So because she is divorced she should go back to living like she was raised? Should she get a job working at the corner store and driving a mini van? Is that the only way she wont be accused of beng a gold digger?

Yes she was helped, but she made something of herself. She could have sat on her ass and done nothing. She could have lived off her husband's trust and enjoyed a comfortable life. She didn't have to go to college and get a masters degree. She didn't have to become an ambassador for UNAIDS. She didn't have to help found professors without borders. She was a private citizen, not even given a title the first years of marriage, seen as a gold digging commoner who got pregnant on purpose by most. Yet she has worked very hard to build a life for herself.

Why should she have to throw away all she built because she is divorcing? Yes she may have been given a hand by her in laws, but she has worked damn hard to represent her charities, why should she give them up? They aren't royal patronages. They are hers. She is a private citizen.

How do we know its her being unreasonable? Oh I know because only the gold digging commoner could be unreasonable. Just like Louis is automatically assumed to be the innocent party, and the suggestions Tessy has a boy toy waiting in the wings. Ever wonder if perhaps Louis and his family are not being reasonable??? But of course not, royals are always fair.

Financial security..... one of the realities of shared custody, shared expenses. Louis' care of the kids may be financed by the royal family, but she has to house and likely help with many of the expenses as well. That takes money.

And do you really think she would be sharing gowns with her former sister in laws?

All the criticism she is trying to mooch of her ex in laws, and then turn around and complain she is earning her own money. She has a job, part of that job is promoting things. Would we rather her being leeching off the royals forever, or selling a tell all to keep the bills paid???

She isn't like former royal exes like Alexandra or Diana who got very padded divorce settlements (not just the money for the kids). They had the luxury of keeping 'the royal image' as they had the luxury to do so.

More from her trip, from speaking at the economic forum (hopefully that is considered acceptable enough for a former royal).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgjJIt1Ag7F/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgitmH1ARKC/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgiLeeKA0Uq/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgg8Wh8Aokx/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgglskYg_G8/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

Shame she isn't considered a royal any more. I actually think her and Meghan would get along well, on women's issues. Be nice to see a BRF member interacting on a regular (not just on tours or rare visit) with foreign royals. Maybe Mabel and Meghan can meet up as Mabel is in London too.

Well said, I totally agree!!!

Countessmeout You are unrespectful to HRH Prince Louis. From Canada you cannot imagine a Royalty in a small Country .It is like a family . Divorce happens once but Helene Vestur remains with dignity. Prince Felix marries the very rich Claire but remain private.
I lived in Luxembourg , I have friends there and Tessy's attitude and so much instagrams f.e from a Sushi dinner are not appreciated. The press remained silent until the Divorce Settlement.
This is my very last post because I know to much about the Grand Ducal wealth and cannot write about this. I appreciated the State Visit from the Grand Dukes to France. Prince Louis with his siblngs attends the State Visit at the Musée Rodin .

Last edited:
Grand-Duchess María Teresa is still her mother-in-law...
:flowers:

Tessy's post says 'the grandmother of my two sons'

Nowhere does she refer to GDMT as her mother-in-law.......

Still making sure everyone knows she is connected to royalty...

Everyone knows that Maria-Teresa is grandmother to Tessy Anthony's two sons.

Would it have been that difficult to simply send good wishes to Son Altesse Royale La Grande Duchesse Maria-Teresa?

Seriously, I want so much to give Tessy the benefit of the doubt because I was once her cheerleader on this Forum.

But she makes it hard.....:sad:

I don't know much about her but I feel like you Moonmaiden. I'd like to believe she was a sincere person but she does not come across well In this divorce. If she and Louis can't get along, get a divorce, quietly, keep off soical media except for your work and don't use it to make these odd little gestures.

Myself am not a fan of any royal (or those married/divorced to royals) doing the public display of congrats, best wishes, happy birthday etc. It just looks tacky, like they are trying to draw attention to themselves. Look at me I'm doing X.

As if they can't pick up the phone or send a email.....

LaRae

She could have easily posted a picture of her sons with their grandmother to wish her a happy birthday if she wanted to do it publicly. No need for words conveying the same message.

Tessy's post says 'the grandmother of my two sons'

Nowhere does she refer to GDMT as her mother-in-law.......

Yes there was a reference, I marked it in red:
Tessy wish to her ex mother-in-law for her birthday today

"Happy B day to the Grand Mother of my two sons ����✨ HRH Grande Duchesse of Luxembourg"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgnW-_qBg8e/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

That was the little remark I made: "MT is still her mother-in-law"

Last edited:
Myself am not a fan of any royal (or those married/divorced to royals) doing the public display of congrats, best wishes, happy birthday etc. It just looks tacky, like they are trying to draw attention to themselves. Look at me I'm doing X.

As if they can't pick up the phone or send a email.....

LaRae

I agree with this, I always feel strange to see her congratulate someone whether she actually know him/her or not. Of course it is HER Instagram she can do whatever she want......:ninja:

Everyone knows that Maria-Teresa is grandmother to Tessy Anthony's two sons.

Would it have been that difficult to simply send good wishes to Son Altesse Royale La Grande Duchesse Maria-Teresa?

Seriously, I want so much to give Tessy the benefit of the doubt because I was once her cheerleader on this Forum.

But she makes it hard.....:sad:

I agree; I used to completely like Tessy but since the divorce she has been giving me some different feelings. I admire her strong willed personality but as others have said she still seems to make it very clear that she has royal connections. I have always found it strange how she has shared interviews with herself or articles about her from tabloid magazines (established newspapers I can understand, or newspapers involved in her charities) - and this isn't just personal against Tessy, as I follow some other royals who do the same thing. As you, one side of her just rubs me off the wrong way - I still like Tessy, having said that; just sadly not as much as I used to.

What is she responding to? She references a specific article...

Another interesting part of her rant is that she 'will keep challenging outdated institutions'; any idea what she is referring to?

And why does she need to drag in her sons: "let me tell you I won in the eyes of my sons and myself because I tried to do the right thing"

Another interesting part of her rant is that she 'will keep challenging outdated institutions'; any idea what she is referring to?

And why does she need to drag in her sons: "let me tell you I won in the eyes of my sons and myself because I tried to do the right thing"

well of course her friends and her family are likely to think she's perfect or wonderful... doesn't mean she is!!

I don't get this, for so many reasons. One of them is that I'm not perfect in the eyes of my friends. They aren't perfect either. That's not why we are friends. We see each others strengths and weaknesses, faults and strong sides. I don't like my friend because they are perfect. But they are my friends. They make me a better person, and I hope I can do them the same favor.

Besides that - yes, she seriously need to stop this.

well of course her friends and her family are likely to think she's perfect or wonderful... doesn't mean she is!!

If (you (general sense) think that) all your family and friends think you are perfect, you should find a better group of friends as you apparently have surrounded yourself with people that do not support your growth, turn a blind eye or are afraid to say what they really think of you.

Last edited:
Is her Instagram private or public?

Tessy's tendency to publish such private feelings on social media seems, for want of a better phrase, very attention-seeking to me. This is the reason why she has fallen somewhat out of my favour... and when it comes to articles; she should be aware by now that the media, particularly tabloids, will write negative content about her. It's not pleasant but it's much better to just not read the articles - it's only encouraging the media to write more of this kind of content about her.

Tessy's Instagram seems to be causing much wondering, speculation, offence, angst and quite a storm in a teacup IMHO

Solution: Don't read it......

(If you really want to be offended check out P Marie Chantal and P Olympia's Instagrams, the best examples of self promotion that I've seen in many a long day)

Uh-oh.... :ermm: It's gone to her head. I've been suspecting as much. This sort of confirms it imo. Sad. Best to walk on.

[.....]

[.....]

Make a guess what she means with outdated institutions...
:whistling:

Last edited:
Does she mean the same "outdated institution " that provided her a title she seems loathe to relinquish, lovely homes and lavish holidays?

Not to mention a college education, advanced degrees and connections beyond what she was likely to have ever have encountered if she hadn't hooked up with a prince?

Is THAT the outdated institution she's referring to?

"Bursting with proudness" what kind of English is that? Hopefully she will stay in the arab countries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom