Prince Laurent, Princess Claire & Family - News & Events, Part 6; Dec 2016 - Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, December 16, Prince Laurent met homeless people and their pets in the streets in Brussels as part of the 10th edition of the Cold Plan of the Prince Laurent Foundation:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
The family has released a new photo on the facebook page of the Prince Laurent Foundation:

"Prince Laurent and his family wish you a very happy and happy new year 2022.
May the animal world continue to amaze us"

** Pic **

I saw Princess Louise with King Albert II and Queen Paola at a Concert at the Queen Elisabeth Chapel. She is tall and lovely but on the contrary of the King's Children she looked very shy and not used to be seen in Public?
Princess Claire lovely as always and who could say now the Boys are twins.
Prince Laurent has a nice family.

Very good looking family, such a pity we don't get to see them more often.

Laurent's hands on Camilla and her touching him as well looks a bit creepy.

The children look so different in style/type.

Had no idea they were friendly and nice to see Princess Claire .

I can never tell either of the Castro sisters apart but the one in the polka dots dress is far too short.

I can never tell either of the Castro sisters apart but the one in the polka dots dress is far too short.

If i remeberg rigth the Castr's where also guests at the wedding of laurent and Claire. The gown of the other Castro girl doesn't look much longer then the polka dot gown.

Laurent's hands on Camilla and her touching him as well looks a bit creepy.

The children look so different in style/type.

I agree that the intimacy shown between Laurent and Camilla is creepy.

The contrast between the children is stark. The Castro girls dress like ladies of the evening most of the time IMO. Ick.

The whole photo is off, it's like the left half is a normal family Christmas photo and the other half is a Mafia princess's idea of the perfect Christmas.

Isn't the duke of Castro godparent to one of the children? I know for sure his is godparent to princess Josephine of Denmark but I seem to recall he is also godparent to one of Laurent's children but could be mistaken.

N.B. Prince Laurent is godparent to princess Maria Carolina, the eldest of the two daughters.

Last edited:
Prince Laurent said once that for him the Duke of Castro was his Brother.

Isn't the duke of Castro godparent to one of the children? I know for sure his is godparent to princess Josephine of Denmark but I seem to recall he is also godparent to one of Laurent's children but could be mistaken.

N.B. Prince Laurent is godparent to princess Maria Carolina, the eldest of the two daughters.

Is it known who are the godparents of Laurent's children. As far as i remember their christening where private as there where some Issues about Priincess Louis's christening.

I can not understand the Duke of Castro allowing his wife and daughters to appear like that. He seems a total whimp without anything to say.

I remember from a recent BBC documentary (with the voice of Fred Sirieix) about the principality of Monaco. We could see how Camilla organized a fundraiser. The Duke was really no more than a sheepish appendix to his bossy wife, totally outshadowing him as a starlette.

Last edited:
I must admit I see nothing odd in the dresses or the photograph.

Anyway, it is interesting that even in the absence of family relationships or official connections (the Two Sicilies Bourbons carry out no official representation for the republic of Italy), members of (ex-)royal families from different countries who have no obvious activities in common manage to form friendships out of the public view. (I imagine the gossip magazine writers who are feeling disappointed by Prince Gabriel and the Princess of Orange will appreciate it. ;))

Two Royal families completey different style and Friends.
Behind their terrible bling bling , I am sure the Castro are kind and generous people.

Here‘s the interview of Prince Laurent he has given to PlattelandsTV last month about the Prince Laurent Foundation, animal welfare in particular and his ecological vision of life in general:

** plattelandstv.be Video **

Princess Louise has turned 18 y/o on sunday. There is an interview in sudpresse with Prince Laurent. He says that his daughter is 'like a sheppard dog, who brings people together'. In Het Nieuwsblad the reporter -Wim Dehandschutter adds that behind the screens princess Louise and her cousin the Duchess of Brabant are trying to bring their fathers closer together.

On saturday she went to Louvain with some friends. On sunday the birthday was celebrated in the family home in Tervuren. The family prepared her -on her request- 'a culinairy trip around the world' with Sushi, Indian food and as her favourite desert the Austrian Sachertorte.

A proud Laurent added that he is impressed by her ability to listen to others. She does that since an young age. It has led to others confiding in her and enjoying her company. At school she is appreciated by all.

Any plans for her? University in Belgium or abroad?

Nice to see Princess Claire back attending events after a lengthy break.

Princess Louise has turned 18 y/o on sunday. There is an interview in sudpresse with Prince Laurent. He says that his daughter is 'like a sheppard dog, who brings people together'. In Het Nieuwsblad the reporter -Wim Dehandschutter adds that behind the screens princess Louise and her cousin the Duchess of Brabant are trying to bring their fathers closer together.

If it is true, it would seem the speculation here about a rift between the king's children and their cousins is luckily unwarranted.

A proud Laurent added that he is impressed by her ability to listen to others. She does that since an young age. It has led to others confiding in her and enjoying her company. At school she is appreciated by all.

That is a nice compliment to his daughter indeed, and a refreshing change from the compliments on beauty and fashion that are typically directed at young princesses.

Prince Laurent and his foundation invited the press for a meeting in Brussels today to announce that the Prince Laurent Foundation’s dispensaries in Brussels, Charleroi, Ghent, Hasselt, Hornu and Liege are now accessible to the animals of Ukrainian refugees:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** msn.com video **

Good for Laurent for looking after something that’s so dear to him and extremely relevant. A lot of Ukrainian refugees did manage to bring their pets, and they aren’t most officials’ top priority. Laurent’s assistance is likely a big help.

Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attended the colloquium "Never alone. Covid and confinement. How did our country's youth and seniors experience confinement and to what extent were their spiritual and/or philosophical convictions a source of inspiration?" organized by the Federal Interfaith Dialogue (FIDIF) in Brussels today, March 15:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Prince Laurent and Princess Claire represented Queen Paola and King Albert at the annual gala of the Queen Paola Foundation at the Plaza Hotel in Brussels on March 10.

** Pic **

On March 14 Prince Laurent and Princess Claire accompanied by their children represented Queen Paola and King Albert at the gala concert of the musical chapel Queen Elisabeth at the Palace of Fine Arts in Brussels:

Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attended the colloquium "Never alone. Covid and confinement. How did our country's youth and seniors experience confinement and to what extent were their spiritual and/or philosophical convictions a source of inspiration?" organized by the Federal Interfaith Dialogue (FIDIF) in Brussels today, March 15:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **
So happy to see her again looking healthy and smiling !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom