Prince Henrik's Plans for his Final Resting Place: August 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
However, Princess Astrid's husband is a Prince of Belgium ; the husband of the Princess of Asturias (by law and by tradition) will be named Prince of Asturias, and Chris O'Neill isn't a Prince of Sweden just because he turned down the title. Likewise, in Spain, the husband of a duchess is a duke, as the husband of a marchioness is a marquis. So, although it is true that the European custom is still mostly that husbands don't take the titles and styles of their wives, that is changing.

More significantly, husbands of queens have been kings for centuries, so , in this case, it is not even a matter of modern gender equality issues.

But Prince Lorenz(Princess Astrid's husband) has a higher rank than that of his wife as head of the House of Austria-Este. They got married while Albert was to reigning so was granted the title of Prince of Belgium as spouse to a reigning king's child.
Princess Leonor's future husband will not be given the title of Prince of Asturias as the title is only for the heir to the throne. Same as Pss Elisabeth's spouse who not get the titles of Duke of Braabant. When the time comes I am sure that both Kings Felipe and Philippe will create a title the same way King Carl XVI Gustaf did for Prince Daniel.

So Henrik is being nuissance for a while now. This is too much but my best bet with this holidays is for QMII to return to Copenhagen earlier and alone

I wonder if this is starting conversations within other European governments that have constitutional monarchies. What to do for the consort when the heir to the throne is an heiress? How will pre-eminence be handled, as well as the title? The next queen regnant coming up would be Victoria of Sweden. I assumed it was worked out before the marriage what Daniel's title and rank would be when she takes the throne, and he understands. How will be things be settled for Ingrid Alexandra (Norway), Elizabeth (Belguim), Catharina Amalia (Netherlands) or Leonore (Spain)? (Leonore's position changes if the king and queen have a son, I believe.)

Daniel has said since the engagement announcement as well as a couple of times over the years that he is perfectly fine with being a prince consort Duke of Västergötland and will do everything in his capacity to help Victoria in her duties as Queen Regnant. He admires her duties as heir and future queen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel has said since the engagement announcement as well as a couple of times over the years that he is perfectly fine with being a prince consort Duke of Västergötland and will do everything in his capacity to help Victoria in her duties as Queen Regnant. He admires her duties as heir and future queen.

What a gentleman. Same with The Duke of Edinburgh. THAT'S how to be a prince consort, Prince Henrik!

Question for Danish posters: Is there any point when the Prime Minister could weigh in? Could he make a statement saying that making Henrik king would be impossible? That could take some pressure off the Queen. (Or maybe that would be undesirable in Denmark?) (Shortened).

The stance of the Parliament has already been made very clear!
That happened some years ago, when PH again went on about becoming king. The prominent politician, Søren Espersen, from Danish Peoples Party, went out and said directly that PH should stop talking about this subject and that him becoming king was out of the question. - Back then, as today BTW, the Danish People's Party was supporting the government, so it's pretty safe to say that this was also the government's stance. The Prime Minister talking through the support-party.
Something similar is likely to happen again and soon. I guess the politicians are waiting for what QMII will do now. After all she must have time to talk to her husband and consult her advisors.

- I think there will be a statement from the court or a press meeting with QM sometime next week.

It's the job of the PM to protect and shield the DRF, even from themselves. So I think that the PM has already discussed this with QMII, or will discuss it once she returns from France. And I think her stay will be short.
Unless PH makes a 180 degree turn, which I doubt, she would have to have the patience of a saint to stand three weeks of this!
And she also has to do some damage control and probably again consult advisors, because this latest outburst must have hit the papers while she was on her way to France.

(Shortened)

PH is really only embarrassing himself. Surely the Danes realize that and will be accordingly understanding of his family's pain and suffering. You can't throw out the baby with the bath water! The RF will do their best to manage their problem, and the press will lose interest. IMO

We are of course aware that things are not normal, to put it mildly. And we certainly understand the agony of the family, probably also PH's French relatives as well. They may try and play a role while QMII is in France.
The press will not lose interest. This is very much the talk of the town! And that is justifiable, this is very much in the public interest! Is PH going nuts, or what on earth is the matter with him? And how is the DRF going to deal with.
So the press will continue to cover this, until it has been resolved one way or another. Either in the form of an official statement saying that PH is not of sound mind and the DRF ask for understanding from the public. That is something the Danish will respect, of course there will be periodic updates as to PH's general condition. But no microphone or camera anywhere near him. - After all it could happen to anyone.
I have often compared the Danes to a tribe, another apt comparison is a village. A peaceful village, where everyone more or less know everybody else and where not much really dramatic happens. That means that when something dramatic does happen, like a member of the leading family in the village apparently going ga-ga, it becomes a big deal! Bigger than it is, when looking from the outside. - So yes, this is very much a big deal here in Denmark. And that's why there is a limit to how long this can go on.

I wonder if the Parliament/government may offer some help:

A statement saying that the Parliament will not endorse PH becoming king, leaving QMII officially in the clear.

It is strictly speaking an interference in the matters of the DRF, something the government and the Parliament officially don't do. But it is a solution.
The question is whether it would shut PH up.

I'm starting to think that this thread should be titled, "Prince Henrik needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut!"

I made a comment to a friend today that we should take bets on how quickly Queen Margrethe cuts short the holiday and returns to Denmark. She thought it much more likely that Prince Henrik would take off and leave Margrethe behind!

It is horrible that after 50 years of marriage Prince Henrik is making his wife choose between her duty to her country and her loyalty to him. And she did not choose to become queen, as he seems to imply in his statement (if I read it correctly). She was born into the role. He's the one who chose to marry her.

In thinking about this sometimes when a person wants something so bad that they act up to get it and when gotten, they still are not satisfied. There are people that nothing and I mean nothing will ever please them regardless of what it is, this is the impression I get of PH. He rules that nest of his and wants what he wants when he wants it. Do you honestly think that if he gets the title, he will be satisfied? Or the government sets forth a statement that gets QM off the hook that he will go quietly in the night? I sure don't think so.

From past experience.......2 men in my life where nothing was ever enough, not money, nor property or wealth or power.........nothing, left them in the dust so to speak. That is very damaging to a family and all members in that family. I wonder how Crown Prince Frederik is dealing with this for he is the *heir*. And if QM steps down and he becomes king, do you think that PH will go after his son to be king for PH will not likely want his son to be above him in anything, in particular being the head of the family. After all, PH will see that then there is someone else, his son ahead of him in the family.

PH, I think to be buried as a King and now more then ever he is fighting for that title above all else. Nothing else matters to him at this point in his life..........nothing! Just my thoughts on PH....

I agree, Royal Rob. He has always had this bee in his boneet about not being King, and not being equal to his wife.. and now perhaps in old age, he's beginning to get a bit senile and its become an obsession that he wants to tlak about..
I think that they would be better to just ignore what he's saying and try and take some steps to prevent him from talking to the press.. or to tell the press that he's got Alzhemers or soemthing and isnt' responsible for what he says... and they would I hope be decent enough not to publish things.
And if he iis insisting that if he's not made King, he wont be buried by his wife, well fair enough. It is his choice. it is hurtful to her, but if it is what he wants, it is best that they just let him have that choice.. that he wants to be in France...

A statement saying that the Parliament will not endorse PH becoming king, leaving QMII officially in the clear.

It is strictly speaking an interference in the matters of the DRF, something the government and the Parliament officially don't do. But it is a solution.

Doubt it. All publicity is good publicity from the point of view of a narcissist.

After the recent interview (and I thought already last week was the worst possible scenario, but I was proven wrong :eek::eek::eek:) I think NOTHING can help shutting him up, I fear :ohmy:

I do not think that the Queen will divorce him, as she has given a vow for "the good and bad times" - and now there are the bad times :sad:. I rather think, that it may come to "both are living their lives - but no longer together" situation.

Possible Abdication - a very interesting point. King Juan Carlos of Spain also always said, he will never abdicate..... :whistling: Although the reasons behind his step were completely different ones (in the Spain case it was mostly HIMSELF, but also his daughter, who "committed the scandals"), this may be a possible option for QMII to shut him down by stepping aside - and thus helping to reduce the damage for the reputation of the Royal Family

Bye Bine

Last edited:

Ah! I asked that question on one of the Swedish threads but probably the wrong one, so thanks for that. Do we know is there an official line on that?

:previous:It's hard to find someone so passionate about defending PH these days, so I must commend you on your effort. You do seem to exhaust all possible (and impossible) angles to make him sound so painfully 'innocent' and shift blame on others, while ignoring all the other more reasonable explanations and analyses that don't favour PH.

Sure, everyone in Denmark and on this forum is secretly plotting to make him fall in disgrace. Everyone treats him unfairly and does not show him the respect he deserves. :shock::shock::shock:

Saw a new article on BT. I read it using Google Translate but anyway, basically some expert also thinks that the Royal Court should control PH's communication to the press and not put him in front of a microphone again.

Efter rystende situation i Frankrig: 'Jeg forstår ikke, at prinsen sættes foran en mikrofon' | BT Danmark - www.bt.dk

I mean, is that really do-able, in this day and age? They can't really take away his personal phones and stuff right? How would they stop him from talking, in person or on the phone, to one of his familiar journalists?

:previous: Every commentator imaginable is being asked these days...
They can't keep PH away from the press, or public, if he doesn't want to - unless he is locked up.

In the meantime QMII was today seen at the market in Cahors as she is every year. One of her PET officers told the press present that she would not be answering questions. She usually don't when she is visiting the market.
Ferien er i gang: Dronning Margrethe på madmarked | BILLED-BLADET

Imens Danmark er på den anden ende: Tavs Margrethe alene på marked | BT Royale - www.bt.dk
BT's reporter apparently couldn't resist this though: BT's reporter can at least tell about a Prince who is in physical top form. The morning where the wife (formal word) went to market started with 30 seconds of morning-excersize on the balcony with stretching and bending and early-morning outburst from Prince Henrik".

I'm starting to think that this thread should be titled, "Prince Henrik needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut!"

I made a comment to a friend today that we should take bets on how quickly Queen Margrethe cuts short the holiday and returns to Denmark. She thought it much more likely that Prince Henrik would take off and leave Margrethe behind!

It is horrible that after 50 years of marriage Prince Henrik is making his wife choose between her duty to her country and her loyalty to him. And she did not choose to become queen, as he seems to imply in his statement (if I read it correctly). She was born into the role. He's the one who chose to marry her.

That's actually a likely scenario too.
If PH don't get his way during the discussions they are bound to have in these days, he might actually take off. Perhaps living at a relative's chateau instead. I believe his younger brother owns one not far from Cahors. - The brother may not necessarily be that happy though!
If that be the case I fear we may see a teary drama worthy of any martyr!

Long married couple. One spouse behaves obnoxiously. IMO, the real scandal would be a divorce. "In sickness and in health..."
Is the Royal Family's position really so fragilely situated that it can't withstand this?

Well, if a major Royal of a reigning dynasty behaves like this in public and speaks with the prss openly about how much he feels disrespected by his spouse, who is the head of state, that´s a scandal indeed!
A divorce, which I´m sure will luckily not happen, would be a major blow scandal.

But Prince Lorenz(Princess Astrid's husband) has a higher rank than that of his wife as head of the House of Austria-Este. They got married while Albert was to reigning so was granted the title of Prince of Belgium as spouse to a reigning king's child.
Princess Leonor's future husband will not be given the title of Prince of Asturias as the title is only for the heir to the throne. Same as Pss Elisabeth's spouse who not get the titles of Duke of Braabant. When the time comes I am sure that both Kings Felipe and Philippe will create a title the same way King Carl XVI Gustaf did for Prince Daniel.

If a man of a deposed dynasty has a higher rank than a daughter and a sister of reigning monarchs you can well and truly argue about...
Astrid and Lorenz got married BEFORE Albert´s accession because King Baudouin was still alive, so Astrid was a niece of a reigning monarch back in 1984!
Obviously the title of "Prince of Asturias" might not (other than in the Netherlands, where the title of the Prince of Orange - now Prcss of Orange - is only for the future monarch) be only for the heir him/ herself, because Letizia was Princess of Asturias before her husband´s accession!

Tak Muhler for your insight on this matter. I was on vacation for two weeks and was amazed at the number of publications that were running this story! Especially from countries that rarely publish anything about the Danish Royal Family.

I agree that it might take a statement from the government that they do not support Henrik's view on the matter and that his role was from the beginning to be the Prince Consort and nothing more. Henrik like other male consorts in Europe (Phillip, Daniel, and the late Bernhard and Claus) knew what was required and expected of them in performing their role prior to their wedding days. Henrik's continued temper tantrums are truly embarrassing and ridiculous. My sympathies to his wife and sons.

This sad saga seems to go from bad to worse I fear the only solution is drastic action by H.M.The Queen and the sooner the better.

Princess Leonor's future husband will not be given the title of Prince of Asturias as the title is only for the heir to the throne.

Unfortunately, you are mistaken. Under the Royal Decree 1368/1987 , the husband of the titular Princess of Asturias has the title of Prince of Asturias with the style of Royal Highness.Likewise, the wife of the titular Prince of Asturias is also the Princess of Asturias and an HRH. Basically, the use of the title by marriage is not dependent on the gender of the spouse. I reproduce the relevant provisions below for your record.

Art. 2.º
El heredero de la Corona tendrá desde su nacimiento o desde que se produzca el hecho que origine el llamamiento la Dignidad de Príncipe o Princesa de Asturias, así como los demás titulos vinculados tradicionalmente al Sucesor de la Corona y los honores que como tal le correspondan. Recibirá el tratamiento de Alteza Real. De igual Dignidad y tratamiento participara su consorte, recibiendo los honores que se establezcan en el ordenamiento jurídico.

As for Belgium, we don't know yet what title Princess Elisabeth's husband will have as that has not been determined yet. As of now, technically only the eldest child of the sovereign, or, if he pre-deceases the sovereign, rhe eldest child of the eldest child of the sovereign (when applicable) have the title of Duke/Duchess of Brabant; Princess Mathilde, however, was referred to as Duchess of Brabant, even in official documents, before her husband became king.

Last edited:
If he hasn't become king after 50 years of marriage, it won't happen now.
The Queen should just ignore him, and let him go off to live wherever!

(After seeing how he's acting- and not for the first time- it may come as a huge relief to her to see the back of him!)

More and more blogs and comments are along the line as this in the conservative newspaper Berlingske: https://andersson.blogs.berlingske.dk/2017/08/08/hvad-er-der-galt-med-prins-henrik/

The commentator basically says it's necessary for the court to come out and make it clear whether PH is suffering from dementia or a similar condition or not, because that is something everyone can relate to and deal with, especially from the press. - Press-ethically speaking it would be inappropriate to publish rantings from a man who is no longer in his right mind.

So far the editorials have been pretty strong worded but none have so far touched the subject as to whether PH is no longer of sound mind. Hinting or suggesting officially that someone is not of sound mind is a pretty big step for any editor!
But words like delusional have been seen.

So the pressure is mounting and the court/QMII has to go out and make a statement, soon.
Whether we like it or not the ball is now on QMII's half of the field.

Unless something dramatic happens at Chateau Cayx in the meantime, I think we can expect something next week.
Not doing so, will lend credence to the theory that PH is very much aware of what he is saying, IMO.
And at some point the question of PH's sanity will be asked openly and directly. Then what? The court can't say it's a private matter, with PH being more than willing to voice his dissatisfaction publicly.

Ah! I asked that question on one of the Swedish threads but probably the wrong one, so thanks for that. Do we know is there an official line on that?

Will have to go through the interviews he has given say that. But I do know that just recently he reiterated the same answer on the occasion of the Crown Princess' birthday

Unfortunately, you are mistaken. Under the Royal Decree 1368/1987 , the husband of the titular Princess of Asturias has the title of Prince of Asturias with the style of Royal Highness. I reproduce the relevant provisions below for your record.

In the degree it says in Article 3

1. The children of the King who do not have the status of Prince or Princess of Asturias and the children of this Prince or Princess will be Infants of Spain and receive the treatment of Royal Highness. Their consorts, while they are or remain widowed, will have the treatment and honors that the King, by means of grace, grants to them in use of the faculty that attributes to him f) of article 62 of the Constitution.

So no Leonor's consort will not get the title of Prince of Asturias
As for Belgium, we don't know yet what title Princess Elisabeth's husband will have as that has not been determined yet. As of now, technically only the eldest child of the sovereign, or, if he pre-deceases the sovereign, rhe eldest child of the eldest child of the sovereign (when applicable) have the title of Duke/Duchess of Brabant; Princess Mathilde, however, was referred to as Duchess of Brabant, even in official documents.

That is because King Philippe then Prince Philippe was Duke of Braabant as heir to the throne.

I still dont know why Henrik is complaining 20+ years after

And we have the first comment from a major political figure. Thulesen Dahl, leader of the Danish Peoples Party. The party supports the current government, or rather keeps it alive, while at the same time having a very fruitful co-operation with the leader of the opposition.

http://nyheder.tv2.dk/politik/2017-...henriks-udtalelser-en-utrolig-trist-situation
I haven't got time to translate, but what Thulesen Dahl says is that we should back up our Queen who has and is doing such a good job for Denmark.
Thulesen Dahl describes it as an "incredible sad situation".

He will not comment on PH's statements, but repeats "But of course I acknowledge that it's sad situation for the DRF to be in".

----------------

Thulesen Dahl is so high ranking a politician (some commentators claiming he's currently the most powerful Danish politician, more powerful than the PM and the leader of the opposition, who BTW is likely to become the next PM, backed by... you guessed it.) that he is very likely to have been briefed about what is going on, by the PM.

What I notice is that he repeats that it's "sad situation" for the DRF to be in. I also notice that PH's wish is not rejected outright, something the Danish Peoples Party have had no problems doing before. To me that hints at QMII being on the verge of taking a drastic measure, whatever that may be. And that QMII has full political support in what she decides to do.
In other words: By showing strong support for QMII personally and the monarchy in general and refusing to comment at all on what PH has said I must conclude that he is waiting for an official statement from the court.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your comments, Muhler.

So no Leonor's consort will not get the title of Prince of Asturias

Yes, Leonor's consort will receive the title of Prince of Asturias (and Princess of Asturias if her consort is female). Article 3 applies to the spouses of the sons and daughters who are not the Prince or Princess of Asturias. Since Leonor is the Princess of Asturias, the relevant provision is Article 2.

Article 2

The heir to the Crown shall, as from his or her birth or as from the moment the fact giving rise to such entitlement arises, possess the Dignity of The Prince or The Princess of the Asturias, as well as the remaining titles traditionally attached to the Successor to the Crown and be entitled to the honours pertaining to him or her by virtue thereof. He or she shall be addressed as Your Royal Highness. The same Dignity and form of address shall correspond to his or her spouse, with the honours deriving therefrom, pursuant to the laws of the Realm.

Article 3

The King's sons and daughters not possessing the Dignity of Prince or Princess of the Asturias, as well as the children of the latter Prince or Princess, shall be Infantes or Infantas of Spain, respectively, and shall be addressed as Your Royal Highness. Their spouses, whilst they continue being so or stay a widower or widow, shall be entitled to the form of address and honours The King, as a gracious decision, may grant them, pursuant to the powers vested upon Him by paragraph f) of Article 62 of the Constitution.

Royal Decree 1368/1987
That is because King Philippe then Prince Philippe was Duke of Braabant as heir to the throne.

Princess Elisabeth is Duchess of Brabant as well.
http://www.monarchie.be/en/royal-family/princess-elisabeth-duchess-of-brabant

After all, Henri was not a royal himself, but rather a commoner or, in the best case scenario, a fake nobleman. [...] Margrethe, however, chose to marry unequally "for love" at a time when unequal marriages pretty much meant exclusion from the succession in the Danish royal family.

The Monpezats and Laborde de Monpezats were ennobled by law, even if they are only addressed as counts by courtesy.
LE PRINCE DE DANEMARK : Château de CAYX
http://decanetxavier.jimdo.com/noblesse-de-canet-en-béarn/

Anyway, the Princesses Alexandrine-Louise and Feodora and Prince Georg were not excluded from the Royal House when they married de jure commoners respectively in 1937 and 1950.

Last edited:
Muhler - what do you think the reaction would be if the Queen gave into Henricks meltdown.

Surely it would be a pr disaster for the monarchy.

Anyway, the Princesses Alexandrine-Louise and Feodora and Prince Georg were not excluded from the Royal House when they married de jure commoners respectively in 1937 and 1950.

Both Alexandrine-Louise & Feodora married ebenbürtig with men from Royal or mediatised houses. Georg on the other hand, who married a Bowes-Lyon, is rumored to have been allowed to keep his title because of George VI having told Fredrik IX that if a Bowes-Lyon is good enough for the King of England one is good enough for a Prince of Denmark.

What I can't see is giving Henrik the title he wants so badly as, for the most part, it will be an empty title. Its not like he's got years ahead of him to actively step into a role that would define a King Consort. He's been retired from public duties for well over a year now. What is the point of "elevating" his status that is purely for vanity?

IMO, its like a blind man insisting on having a driver's license just because he is legally eligible for one by age but has no intention of ever driving a car or even purchasing one.

And we have the first comment from a major political figure. Thulesen Dahl, leader of the Danish Peoples Party. The party supports the current government, or rather keeps it alive, while at the same time having a very fruitful co-operation with the leader of the opposition.

Thulesen Dahl om prins Henriks udtalelser: En utrolig trist situation - TV 2
I haven't got time to translate, but what Thulesen Dahl says is that we should back up our Queen who has and is doing such a good job for Denmark.
Thulesen Dahl describes it as an "incredible sad situation".

He will not comment on PH's statements, but repeats "But of course I acknowledge that it's sad situation for the DRF to be in".

----------------

Thulesen Dahl is so high ranking a politician (some commentators claiming he's currently the most powerful Danish politician, more powerful than the PM and the leader of the opposition, who BTW is likely to become the next PM, backed by... you guessed it.) that he is very likely to have been briefed about what is going on, by the PM.

What I notice is that he repeats that it's "sad situation" for the DRF to be in. I also notice that PH's wish is not rejected outright, something the Danish Peoples Party have had no problems doing before. To me that hints at QMII being on the verge of taking a drastic measure, whatever that may be. And that QMII has full political support in what she decides to do.
In other words: By showing strong support for QMII personally and the monarchy in general and refusing to comment at all on what PH has said I must conclude that he is waiting for an official statement from the court.

God forbid he is going to be PM. We have enough hate already in this World, but thats a totally different discussion.

Both Alexandrine-Louise & Feodora married ebenbürtig with men from Royal or mediatised houses.

I wrote "de jure" commoners. :flowers:

Georg on the other hand, who married a Bowes-Lyon, is rumored to have been allowed to keep his title because of George VI having told Fredrik IX that if a Bowes-Lyon is good enough for the King of England one is good enough for a Prince of Denmark.
Anne Bowes-Lyon was also addressed as viscountess as she was divorced from a viscount.

He's so dramatic. What a horrible man. He needs to be more appreciative of his wife and the life he has been able to lead when they married. Prince Phillip isn't making this nightmare with Queen Elizabeth.

God forbid he is going to be PM. We have enough hate already in this World, but thats a totally different discussion.

Thulesen Dahl is unlikely to become PM, but he is in the position to decide who will be the next PM, and that is likely to be Mette Frederiksen, the leader of the Social Democrats.

TV2 news tonight again dealt at length with PH, this time the expression "out of balance" was mentioned several times.

Lene Balleby from the court today said that the Prince has elaborated on his views. "And that he after all is entitled to".
- As I see it, that means Lene Balleby is not in contact with PH, let alone has any influence over him.

Muhler - what do you think the reaction would be if the Queen gave into Henricks meltdown.

Surely it would be a pr disaster for the monarchy.

It will be seen as QMII giving in to blackmail from her husband.
While she would get a lot of sympathy for the situation she was brought in tried to resolve it would also IMO lead to now serious suggestions that she ought to abdicate. Because what's the next thing PH may come up with?
And PH in that case, better stay out of Denmark for the rest of his life!

Dronningen dropper traditionsrigt pressemøde - Indland

The usual press meeting at Chateau Cayx has been cancelled by QMII.

Lene Balleby says: "The Queen has no plans about commenting on the Prince's statements, apart from what has already been said. That is that the Queen is accepting the decision of the Prince".

- Hardly a surprising move, IMO.

I don't think it's dementia , I see an old selfish man who wants his way. He has been whining about this for years. Now he is holding this over his wife and families head knowing this will be written in history and will be humiliating for them.
I think simply separating is a good idea if they haven't already no divorce necessary they have come this far married let them end their lives married.

I suspect its not dementia or anything medical as even if they didn't want to say so publicly the Royal Court could certainly call in the media to a private meeting and disclose it to them (i'm not saying it wouldn't then get reported).

This is just Henrik being Henrik, I'm amazed the Queen is still going to France to spend time with him as they do seem to have been living separate lives but if the love is still there some time together may actually help.

IMO Henrik is spoilt and use to getting his own way, he is like a child always wanting what they can't have. Most adults would look at what they have got and be grateful but he only sees what he has not been allowed.

I have to say the more he goes on the more I wonder about the family dynamics, they would make a great episode of the Oprah Winfrey show!

You know, they could keep him in France but that would not stop his mouth. Better to keep him in Denmark and restrict all his access to press and TV. I am sure that could be done somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom