Prince Henrik's 75th Birthday Festivities: June 10-11, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How nice to see the pictures of Marie's parents attending the gala. Was Monsieur Grassiot (spelling?) not on the guest list?

Prince Christian is just a little boy with lot of energy!

My favorite parts of these events have been:
1. Seeing Crown Princess Mary's new jewels at the Gala (even if I don't like them and she may not even own them).
2. Seeing Frederick & Mary's kids act up at the military parade.
It is very difficult to deal with misbehaving children in public. Parents may feel absolutely helpless and embarrassed.

It gives a nice dose of reality in their lives & ours - they have the same problems as other parents. And let's face it - a military parade has got to be pretty boring for a child.

My least favorite part of the events:
1. QMII's fashions!:ohmy:

I read elsewhere on this forum that her husband picks her outfits as she doesn't care or know about fashion, and it seems by the festivities planned she is rather fond of him

If this is true it's almost like Ugly Bridesmaid Dress Syndrome where the bride picks out something truely heinious so that she looks good by comparison.

Unfortunatey, tiara's do not suit Carina and her hair looked most unkept. A very unnatractive way to have worn her hair.

Agree with you Madame Royale:) She could at least put here hair up, maybe that would look a litle bit better...

On another post, did see Monsieur Grassiot with his wife and her former husband, Marie's father. They were all there and looked like they were having a good time together at one of the tables.

Was Alexandra present at the gala with a tiara etc.?

:previous:

Nope, just the concert on the 10th.

Marie's mother attended with her husband as well as Marie's father. There are a couple of pictures of her parents arriving, just one with all three standing by a table (I expect they were waiting for the arrival of the royals).

Her mother dresses in an elegant manner. Both men in regular black tie, conservative.

Prince Frederick in velvet jacket and Prince Joachim in something resembling brocade or cut velvet with a multicolored cumberbund. Personally think that J went over the top with the outfit, way too much.

Ladies were conservative, but nothing really spectacular. Marie looked demure, with a remarkable figure for just having had a child, but the style of the dress was terribly old fashioned despite the beautiful fabric. One picture showed a nice view of the back of the dress, which seemed to trail behind in a graceful way. Must admit, nice change from the purple she's been wearing to all gala events. Mary's dress also a very plain attempt at grecian style, soft coloring. Overall BLAH in my opinion.

Unfortunatey, tiara's do not suit Carina and her hair looked most unkept. A very unnatractive way to have worn her hair.

I agree, she should had worn her hair up similar to Princess Alexandra SWB. I didn't care for the gown either. It just hanged on her. I was not impressed with her this outfit nor the one she wore to the concert either.

Though this was to be an elegant party, preceded by pregala events, I can't say that anyone had the fashion sense of a Princess Diana or other fashion notable. They simply don't have IT. The gowns for the most part, were predictable, some even gaudy.

Even Alexandra's one shoulder dress had an awkward angle across the top of the bodice which, in my mind, spoiled the whole effect. Nothing that was really stunning. What a shame.

They need better designers --- or something.

Royal guests were invited only for the first evening as the Duque and Duchess of Castro, The Duke and Duchess d' Orleans , but at the second day I saw at the royal dinner at the Queen and Prince Henrik's table Princess isabella von and zu Liechtenstein. She wore no tiara.

The Duke and Duchess of Castro and the Duke and Duchess of Orléans were on the guestlist of the diner.

Josette

great photos! and specially i love frederick taking care of him itis pricless photo as sypu said!!! love it love it love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think must be difficult for them to get use to behaive in public, specially becasue they are always in the school or babysitters! it is not easy for kids , my sister in law can not take the kids anywhere i remember for my daugher batisim they wee very bad behave! she use o leave them since born with the baby sitter! i didn't have a choice i have to take my daughter everywhere with me so she had to learn to behave everywhre!
back to the most important chrisitna and isabella, it is marvellous to see there parents involve in situation like this are not with a babysitter, it looks frederik a great father!

In the Point de vue of this week I saw at last a whole page of the Royal Dinner . The Queen and the Prince where at each end of the table. Of course a lot of beautiful chinas and silver. The Queen had on her left side Prince Haakon of Norway and the Prince had on his right side Queen Sonja of Norway. At this table were also sitting Princess Benedikte and Princess Isabelle von und zu Liechtenstein. The man sitting on the right side of the Queen should bemore important than prince Haakon , but I did not know him and same for the other guests.
What I saw on the table was for each guest a small dark blue box , which was for everybody a present on this special event.
Personnaly I regret that Mary's loan tiara stole the show.
In Point de vue I saw more pictures of the Prince and the one where Prince Henrik entered before the Queen , which was always the contrary , the Consort after the Queen.

Billed-Bladet - Prinsesse Isabella charmerede farfars gæster

Princess Isabella charmed the crowds during the military parade by dancing to the music that was playing. She continued to sway to the rhythm when she was sitting on the stairs after her little dance.

Billed-Bladet describes some of the gifts that Prince Henrik received for his birthday:

Billed-Bladet - Prins Henrik fik speciel fødselsdagsgave

Among the gifts: cutlery with his monogram, a hip flask with Christian IVs monogram, a clock, African art, jade figures, and chocolates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isabella looks a lot like Prince Henrik, facial features are very similar. She is a very cute little toddler.

Another gallery from Billed Bladet of the gala, this time of the various female guests

I am really impressed , lovely ladies and thanks to know their names.
Who is Caroline Heering ?

Is it Dorrite Romanoff? What an elegant woman, beautiful, simply breathtaking gown. Understated, elegant, sensational.

Isn't she married to one of the Romanoff princes, who are somehow related to Princess Dagmar of Denmark?

Is it Dorrite Romanoff? What an elegant woman, beautiful, simply breathtaking gown. Understated, elegant, sensational.

Isn't she married to one of the Romanoff princes, who are somehow related to Princess Dagmar of Denmark?
Yes, she is married to Dimitri Romanoff .... and she is a state-certified translator in the Portuguese language :)

Back
Top Bottom