Prince Hashem of Jordan and Fahdah Abunayyan: 15 April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks for positng the picture I think it is new and yes he seems grown his hair .

I am wonder if the changes on his appearance related to his wife ?!

houri said:
thanks for positng the picture I think it is new and yes he seems grown his hair .

I am wonder if the changes on his appearance related to his wife ?!

You're welcome.:)

Yeah, maybe she's into the long flowing locks!:cool:

According to archivesgotha.fr, it's only the engagement that took place last week. The wedding is set for later in the year.

god his gorgeous!!!:D this FAHDA is so luckyyyy!!!!!!!!:D :D so they have a story they met and fall in love this is sooo coooll cant wiat to know the full story, we ll know if hashem is a romantic guy or not:D

This is what I found at Petra under the News Headlines:

"Prince Hashem weds Princess Fahdah."
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jan/09/29952200.htm

The Jordanian media always seem to have this confusing way of making such announcements. I dont know why they say engagement when it is actually the wedding.
From the latest headline, I wonder if it means that Prince Hashem's nikkah has taken place already. That is the Islamic marriage contract and once that is signed, a couple is married. Never mind the fact that they haven't had a formal reception yet. That is how it happened with Prince Hamzah. Although with him and Noor we had an announcement of engagement with pictures, then the marriage ceremony/nikkah, and then the wedding reception several months later.

It is a wedding

Prince Hashem weds Princess Fahdah

The Royal Court on Sunday announced the marriage of HRH Prince Hashem to Her Highness Princess Fahdah, the daughter of Mohammad Ben Ibrahim Ben Suleiman Abu Niyyan, in a ceremony held Friday in Riyadh. Held in the presence of His Majesty King Abdullah and Emir of Riyadh Prince Salman Ben Abdul Aziz Al Saud, the ceremony was also attended by HRH Prince Hamzah and members of the Abu Niyyan family — Petra
http://www.jordantimes.com/mon/homenews/homenews4.htm

So did the bride get the Princess title after her marriage or was she born a princess? (Im guessing she wasnt)

Last edited:
Wow..Is that Hashims new pic?..He looks so changed..He looks more matured and very manly..I think thats what love had made him..I am really surprise about the arab princes love life particularly Jordanians.. Compared with European Princes<who are a tabloid thing when dating someone>,I think arab princes are more secretive and more private when it comes to dating..We had no idea who were they dating, and we thought that they were single and not dating anyone and all of a sudden,the next day- they get married in one or two seconds:eek: ..

By the way, where was Her Majesty, Queen Noor?..Was she there in Hashims wedding?:confused:

I dont think Queen Noor was there. From the groom's side, only KA and Prince Hamzah were mentioned in the Jordan Times article in post 77

btw..the picture of Prince Hashem is from the alrai link posted by lil Monkey in post 64. Im not sure if this actually is a picture from the wedding. If it were then we'd have also seen a picture of the bride.

I think the reason for this is that, this is known as "an engagement" but it isnt in a way if that makes sense. Engagement usually take place in the bride's house according to the MD traditions. However you might say well they're married, but i think when they get married in the public eye u know when the bride wears white or when they become a man & wife officially thats when they get married in Jordan. Plus her father can't excatly go to KA and say will your brother ask my daughter's hand in marriage!!!!so it has to be the other way round.

Little_star said:
"can anybody explain why they married in saudi arabia?"

I might be wrong about this, but I seem to remember reading that a Saudi girl needs to marry a non-Saudi Arab with the permission of her father in Saudi Arabia. Or soemthing similar, I read it in the book "Daughters of Arabia" by Jean Sassoon about the Saudi Princess "Sultana". I don't remember the exact rule and as I don't have the copy of my book with me I cannot be certain of the reasoning or even if I have remembered correctly.

I can't say I'm surprised by the news, one of my Jordanian friends has been predicting this for a while, although he suspected Hashim would marry a Qatari princess.

Either way Congratulations to Prince Hashem and Princess Fahdah, she seems to come from a well-respected/educated family and I hope they may have a long and happy life together.

"Engagement usually take place in the bride's house according to the MD traditions. However you might say well they're married, but i think when they get married in the public eye u know when the bride wears white or when they become a man & wife officially thats when they get married in Jordan. Plus her father can't excatly go to KA and say will your brother ask my daughter's hand in marriage!!!!so it has to be the other way round. "

Oh, I was refering to a specific Saudi law that poses limitations on Saudi women marrying other Arabs, I cannot remember the exact details though.

Oh, ok i see what mean.

Little_star said:
"Engagement usually take place in the bride's house according to the MD traditions. However you might say well they're married, but i think when they get married in the public eye u know when the bride wears white or when they become a man & wife officially thats when they get married in Jordan. Plus her father can't excatly go to KA and say will your brother ask my daughter's hand in marriage!!!!so it has to be the other way round. "

Oh, I was refering to a specific Saudi law that poses limitations on Saudi women marrying other Arabs, I cannot remember the exact details though.

in fact the law for men not women because the men can give his foreigner wife his nationelty but women can't and they more strict with the men who work in military .

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I dont think Queen Noor was there. From the groom's side, only KA and Prince Hamzah were mentioned in the Jordan Times article in post 77

btw..the picture of Prince Hashem is from the alrai link posted by lil Monkey in post 64. Im not sure if this actually is a picture from the wedding. If it were then we'd have also seen a picture of the bride.

yeah - for sure because queen noor arrived there from the states and didnt travel with KA and so from jordan.
thats enough reason for them not to say her name.
well I dunno too but ...
is it really possible - that a son does not invite the own mother to his wedding?
and where are hashems sisters?
maybe there was only no reason to call their names - because they didnt travel with KA PH and so on.:rolleyes:

they must have all a very bad character when they treat each other always that bad....:rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

I dun mean the ceremony at first - I mean now the days after the engagement...

Am I Bothered said:
Picture from Jewels of Arabia

I'm sure its new and I'm assuming its from the engagement/marriage but not certain.

thanks he looks so great :)

well it looks really a bit like - oh his long hairs - thats one of the best pictures I know from him.:eek:

El Jood said:
I have my sources... ;)
and i knew it since thursday...but 1st i was really upset from sh.Maktoum's death 2nd...I didnt want to publish something that didnt happen yet...i waited for them to arrive and go to her house then i wrote about it

yeah you seem to be :D

but you must understand - many people say something like I know the jrf and so on ... and dunno anything.

but its very nice that you share so many things with us here :) :) :) *******

btw.. will Hashem have a wedding ceremony like we saw with Ali & Rym or Haya's ?

Last edited:
as I know in saudi traditionals the female relatives of the groom go to the family of the bride before the male relatives to preapare every thing if the family of the bride refused the request of his female relatives then there is no need for the men to go , so there is no need for Queen to be there when the men signing the marriage contract .

Last edited:
houri said:
as I know in saudi traditionals the female relatives of the groom go to the family of the bride before the male relatives to preapare every thing if the family of the bride refused the request of his female relatives then there is no need for the men to go , so there is no need for Queen to be there when the men signing the marriage contract .

yeah but I dunno mean the ceremony - I think the celebrations or whatever after the ceremony...
I cannot imagine that a mother does not attend there!
maybe I am to naiv and wanna only see the good things or so... but I believe in the good character of every human being - and i think it is really normal - that a mother attends the childs wedding - even if in some religions - she does not have to attend the ceremony.
but she wont sit at home watching tv - while her son celebrates his wedding?:confused: :confused:

closesttoheaven said:
yeah but I dunno mean the ceremony - I think the celebrations or whatever after the ceremony...
I cannot imagine that a mother does not attend there!
maybe I am to naiv and wanna only see the good things or so... but I believe in the good character of every human being - and i think it is really normal - that a mother attends the childs wedding - even if in some religions - she does not have to attend the ceremony.
but she wont sit at home watching tv - while her son celebrates his wedding?:confused: :confused:

as I know most of the families don't do any kind of celebrations after signing the marriage contract .

houri said:
as I know most of the families don't do any kind of celebrations after signing the marriage contract .

hum okay I know some who do it - in muslime religion.
in christianty - well we celebrate everything :D

but thanks! - good to know but no reason for a mother not to congratulate personally and not through the phone.

closesttoheaven said:
hum okay I know some who do it - in muslime religion.
in christianty - well we celebrate everything :D

but thanks! - good to know but no reason for a mother not to congratulate personally and not through the phone.

we don't know every thing about them , we don't know if she was there or if he talked with his mother throught the phone when he was in the house of his bride , we simply don't know any thing .

houri said:
we don't know every thing about them , we don't know if she was there or if he talked with his mother throught the phone when he was in the house of his bride , we simply don't know any thing .

yupp thats very right.
I only make the questions - because so many think she didnt attend.
and I wanna understand WHY that...

if it is a religous reason...
or if it is only that people think she lives in bad relations to her sons.

its only the other side...

closesttoheaven said:
yupp thats very right.
I only make the questions - because so many think she didnt attend.
and I wanna understand WHY that...

if it is a religous reason...
or if it is only that people think she lives in bad relations to her sons.

its only the other side...

what took place in riyad was nikah or melkah as it is called in Saudi Arabia, which is the religious ceremony and i think it it is the official wedding in SA, it is normally or traditionally attended by men only and as far as i'm aware of ,the bride and groom signatures were witnessed by kA and the emir of riyad, QN was not there she might be coming for the big party planned very very soon in riyad for female guests the wedding ceremony might take place in jordan later and will most probably be hosted by KA himself, i'll keep you informed

Tesaweer,

You are right, the Nikah (which is the name used in South Africa) is the only religious ceremony that takes place and all the male relatives of the bride and groom attend.

Stellad

stellad said:
Tesaweer,

You are right, the Nikah (which is the name used in South Africa) is the only religious ceremony that takes place and all the male relatives of the bride and groom attend.

Stellad

Thank you Stellad, I think it is the case in islamic culture or law every where though in most countries you have to do a civil ( registrar ) wedding as well.

OK, Iam sorry in advance for these stupid questions.I don't keep up with Prince Hashem, so sorry if these questions have been asked before.

Isn't he ALREADY married???????:eek:
So King Abdullah went to Saudi Arabia to ask her hand in marriage for Prince Hashem?
Where is wedding, if there is one, is going to be held?
If he did have a wife prior to this marriage, what happens to HER????

Thanks.;) :) :) :) :)

Prince Hashem was not married before this. This is his first wife.

King Abdullah went with Hashem and Hamzah to ask for the hand of the girl and the Nikkah (marriage ceremony) was performed there. Technically,they are married but they will hold a ceremony sometime later to celebrate officially and publically.

Back
Top Bottom