Prince Hashem of Jordan and Fahdah Abunayyan: 15 April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moi said:
Hi,

I was thinking for a long whether I should post this or not, its out of character on my behalf ... But then again I was really worried that someone would state something that is untrue and others would believe it due to the lack of sufficient sources. Also, I do know that there are some people who are of a jealous nature and may start rumors and others cant be blamed for thinking its true due to the fact that they dont know the girl and therefore wont be able to tell fact from fiction in this particular case. That is why I decided to write this ...

I do know Fahdah Abu Nayan as she is a somewhat distant relative of mine, but I haven't seen her for a couple or so years ago. So, its been a while ... But what I can say in reply is she is a very good, mature and well raised young lady from a known and very respectful background (both maternal and parernal) as I am sure Prince Hashem is. About the age, she is 25. And age is just a number in the end all that should matter is the qualities a person possess. But to people who make a big deal out of it, I am sure its only because they are the sort of people who just want something to pick at.

Furthermore, I wanted to correct a fact stated earlier. Ofcourse, with no offense in anyway to the information of the person who stated it. But it said that Fahada's youngest sister Nourah, got married to a member of the AlSudairy family, which are relatives from her moms side. You mentioned that they are related to late King Fahad. Thats true, but the relation also is to all the Kings brothers including the current King Abdullah, as King Abdulaziz's mother, who is all the current King and his brothers paternal grandmother, is from the AlSudairy family as well. Its just that I wanted to correct it. But in the end, and I am sure you will all agree on this ... Tittles, money and status are all superfiticial denominators, who you are as a person is all that matters in the end.

P.S (Wish them happiness, for I believe that by wishing others true happiness, only then can true happiness come your way.)

Thank you very much for taking time to read this, I truly appreciate it ... God Bless.

Take Care ... :)

I truly appreciate your efforts in clarifying certain things. :) I wish, as always, the best for Prince Hashem and Princess Fahdah. :)

I dont know if she wears a hijab outside of saudi but I think tesaweer clarified that earlier ... I dont want to give a definite answer though and I would be glad to answer if I was positively sure ... But what was mentioned about everyone wearing what is known as an (abaya) which consists of a black robe and a head cover is a common culture in saudi arabia that all females obide by, but outside, no one that I know of wears it, those who wear hijab wear scarfs that cover their hair but go with their modern attire and those who dont are very modern in what they wear but still respect their limits to what they do wear as in nothing too short or showy (ofcourse I am sure there are exceptions to that rule as there are exceptions to every rule, but I am talking about people I know of). Also, I know people who decide to wear hijab at various stages of their lives so you really never know, its a commitment that a female makes when she feels ready. Thats often the case. I know this doesnt answer your question, but I hope it helps, I also hope you forgive me for not being able to assist you on that but I dont think its fair on my behalf nor hers if I offer informaiton that I am not 100% sure is correct. Its not like me to do so.

Though I am very appreciative you took the time to ask me, I really am. Have a wonderful day madonna23 along with everyone reading this !

Thank you Moi. You don't have to worry about not being able to provide definite answers to certain questions posted here with regards to Princess Fahdah, what you actually did was more than enough. Thank you once again Moi.

lil Monkey said:
Thanks for the info,umm so u really think that Tittles, money and status are all superfiticial denominators? and it's the person behind that ,that truly matters?
I used to believe that too,but with me getting older,each day I realized I might be mistaken,it's not always like that,I wish this was a perfect world,if it was then what u said wud be true,but unfortunately after all those years,I found out this isn't really true.

yea ur right,when u wish for sm1 to be happy,then Allah (ba3di esmo) will grant u happiness.

I think that a title, money, connections, are very important for a Royal Prince, maybe not so much for us commoners, but it's different for Hashim, in fact, his bride is related to The Saudi Royal Family, she's got money, beauty etc. and most of all, she's Arab- IMO, it's a " must" for QN's kids to marry Arab women- what I would like to know, do they love each other, that's the only thing that matters, we can be sure about Ali, he married a commoner, so it means he loves her, and I do respect Ali for his choice, he did not marry a silly, noble beauty, but a woman with brains- to think that many used to think, , years ago, Ali was the most superficial of the 5 bros !

ZZZ said:
when they are out and about in saudi they cover - as the law says. in the privacy of their own homes, many do not wear it. as for when they are abroad, nearly none wear it. if you have ever been to london, paris, cannes etc.... in the summer, you'd see that they are more open then most europeans. both royals and "normals".

Do Royal Saudi Princesses study in US ? I thought only males could do that.....

emily62_1 said:
I think that a title, money, connections, are very important for a Royal Prince, maybe not so much for us commoners, but it's different for Hashim, in fact, his bride is related to The Saudi Royal Family, she's got money, beauty etc. and most of all, she's Arab- IMO, it's a " must" for QN's kids to marry Arab women- what I would like to know, do they love each other, that's the only thing that matters, we can be sure about Ali, he married a commoner, so it means he loves her, and I do respect Ali for his choice, he did not marry a silly, noble beauty, but a woman with brains- to think that many used to think, , years ago, Ali was the most superficial of the 5 bros !

ya she has money thats true - but - to me shes a commoner... shes far related to the king - she did not have a title or so ...
prince rym worked for cnn?!or so...

so it would be good for the king too anyway - its an american channel...

i think in all cases its very hard to say - if it is true love - or much more behind....

thats really sad

Any pictures yet? I've been waiting for so long to see one..

emily62_1 said:
Do Royal Saudi Princesses study in US ? I thought only males could do that.....

Yes, they do, US, UK, France, you name it ... There those who do, but thats a common stereotype that only males do, but it couldn't be further from the truth.

And as for the whole tittle and money matter, I dont think it should matter as much as people think it should, ofcourse it matters up to a point as she has to come from a specific background and so on, but she does come from a very well known background and her mom is given the tittle of princess, granted, she isn't but that has changed now as you all know ...

So basically, all that matters is that they love each other, if you think about it, they are the ones who will have to live with one another so as long as they are content and happy, thats all that should matter, Right?

Besides, for a relationship to last it has to be based on something far deeper than tittle, name or money. But thats what I think, Iam sure there are those who will or might disagree...

Allah yewafekhom ... Hope they have a happy happy happy life ...

Last edited:
emily62_1 said:
...to think that many used to think, , years ago, Ali was the most superficial of the 5 bros !

You're right about that, Prince Ali did look like the most superficial one out of the five brothers. I doubt it if Prince Hashem would be a shallow guy who would even base his reasons for marriage on titles or money.

nayeli0016 said:
You're right about that, Prince Ali did look like the most superficial one out of the five brothers. I doubt it if Prince Hashem would be a shallow guy who would even base his reasons for marriage on titles or money.

some of KH's kids did, of course, Hashim needs a Muslim woman as his wife, to be connected to an Arab RF as, f.i., Saudis,- if she's beautiful, it's better,- but what really matters for a Prince in his position is money, a title, connections to a Royal Fam in ME, - if KH was still alive, he'd be the son of the King by his current wife, sorry, don't know how to say it in a better way, but , after all, KA has got the power, not QN or Hamzah or Hashim, - so..... what can Hamzah, Hashim, Hayah do ? This does not mean they did not marry also for love, I'm sure they were so lucky to find it all , ( it's so obvious Hamzah does love his own wife) - sorry if I was not able to express my opinions in a more understandable way-

Moi said:
I dont know if she wears a hijab outside of saudi but I think tesaweer clarified that earlier ... I dont want to give a definite answer though and I would be glad to answer if I was positively sure ... But what was mentioned about everyone wearing what is known as an (abaya) which consists of a black robe and a head cover is a common culture in saudi arabia that all females obide by, but outside, no one that I know of wears it, those who wear hijab wear scarfs that cover their hair but go with their modern attire and those who dont are very modern in what they wear but still respect their limits to what they do wear as in nothing too short or showy (ofcourse I am sure there are exceptions to that rule as there are exceptions to every rule, but I am talking about people I know of). Also, I know people who decide to wear hijab at various stages of their lives so you really never know, its a commitment that a female makes when she feels ready. Thats often the case. I know this doesnt answer your question, but I hope it helps, I also hope you forgive me for not being able to assist you on that but I dont think its fair on my behalf nor hers if I offer informaiton that I am not 100% sure is correct. Its not like me to do so.

Though I am very appreciative you took the time to ask me, I really am. Have a wonderful day madonna23 along with everyone reading this !

thanx, Moi, for all the clarifications, I'm wondering, when P. Fadah, will go to live in Jordan, (or do they already live there?,), well, will she behave just like all the Jordanian Princesses , including QR and QN, who never cover their hair or wear an abaja- though, once, QR did it in Kuwait or Qatar, can't remember- I mean do u think will wear jeans and T- shirts, or will she want to go on being herself and wear what she does in Saudi Arabia- well, can't deny I'm curious to see photos of her in Jordan- PS- I'm sure she'll have to follow Hashim's advices-

I still believe though, that perhaps the possibility of Prince Hashem not considering titles or money for marrying may be greater than what most people would think.

Last edited:
Well, I am not sure if she will reside in jordan as in (I am perfectly sure) but I would think she would since her husband is there, I mean it makes perfect sense why would they live in different countries, but I am sure they will share vacations here and there and visit her family often.

But as for the moment, no she is living in Riyadh with her parents. You see, even after katb el kitab, they dont really live together except after the wedding ceremony which will probably be during the summer or early next fall (i.e September ... etc.). Fahdah was raised in a respectful way so I am sure respectful behaviour would come from within her as thats what she is used to but I have no idea if she will decide to wear permanent hijab any time soon. Thats a decision only she can make.

But as for the customs in Saudi Arabia, a woman is to wear whatever modern attire she feels like, then a black robe and a head cover ... When she arrives to the house she wants to visit or gathering ... etc. she takes what is known as the abaya (black robe and head cover off) leaving her with clothes like any other person would wear, fancy for parties, casual for every day wear and so on ... The closest example I could relate it to is a jacket, you wear it over your clothes in the winter but as soon as you enter a home someone hangs it for you till you leave, its exactly the same idea.

If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask, I would gladly assist in any way I can.

Till then T.C.

Last edited:
Katb el Kitab is a custom only practiced in Saudi Arabia right? Or is it also practiced in other Arab countries?

Umm, I hope others will back me up with this, I am not so good with stuff like that but I will tell you what I know. Also, if I am wrong please correct me ... :)

It exists in all arabic countries but maybe with different names to it, some call it (katb el ktab) some call it (milka) and maybe other names that I am not familiar with. Its basically the certificate that proves they are husband and wife.

Thus, the wedding day is only a celebration for all people related to both the bride and groom to attend/witness, but in the end, its the katb el kitab that officially changes their status from fiances to a married couple. But in arabic culture (or islamic? I am not sure) ... It is only after the day/ceremony that they move in together and reside as husband and wife ... But its katb el kitab (or the other various names given) thats seals the deal ...

I hope this helps, if even a little ... You can always ask and I would be more than glad to help in any way I can.

Have a wonderful day !

Last edited:
As Moi said the Katib il Kitab has different names in different arab countries. Basicallly the Katib il kitab is the religious and ofcourse leagal wedding.

I'm half Egyptian, and honestly I've never heard of such thing in Egypt. Probably it does exist in Egypt but is named differently. I'm really not sure :-s

nayeli0016 said:
I'm half Egyptian, and honestly I've never heard of such thing in Egypt. Probably it does exist in Egypt but is named differently. I'm really not sure :-s

Yeah, I am sure the names may differ from one region to the other, but they all symbolise the same thing in the end. Maybe if there is an egyptian in the forum, or someone who does know, they might come forward and help with the common name for (katb el kitab) in Egypt ... But I know that in saudi arabia its either named (katb el ktab) or (milka).

I am so sorry I couldn't assist you further...

:) Take Care.

I have a question:
How do couples in Middle East get married? I mean Iam Muslim but I don't think it's the same way Arab couples get married. For one, in our culture, the bride wears red, but in the middle east, I've noticed, that the bride wears white.Now does that mean that a bride is also lead by her father to the alter? Do you guys have an alter? And when does the couple sign the papers for "Nikah"? Thanks for whoever answers my questions.:) ;)

Laraib said:
I have a question:
How do couples in Middle East get married? I mean Iam Muslim but I don't think it's the same way Arab couples get married. For one, in our culture, the bride wears red, but in the middle east, I've noticed, that the bride wears white.Now does that mean that a bride is also lead by her father to the alter? Do you guys have an alter? And when does the couple sign the papers for "Nikah"? Thanks for whoever answers my questions.:) ;)
Couples in the middle east marry according to their belief as not all are muslims, some are christians or follow other religions. Anyway whatever their religion they must have a civil wedding where they will be formally and legally husband and wife as well as a religious ceremony where they will be married in the eyes of God, now it doesn't matter which one happens first and maybe in some countries only one is practised as in countries which are basically ruled by sharia laws, the name katib alkitab is the same as milka or nikah and i'm sure the katib al kitab is the name used for egyptian muslims. And as for alters if the couple are christians then sure they marry in a church and the bride is walked to the alter by her father or any male member of her family but if they are muslims then of course they don't. The bride mainly wears white although for the islamic or religious ceremony it is customary to wear a traditional dress in whatever colour . They can sign the papers anytime but usually after a period of engagement some couples choose to celebrate the signing and moving together on the same day or have another big do few weeks or months later and then move together. Hope this answers your questions laraib , if not I'll try again;)

Moi said:
Yeah, I am sure the names may differ from one region to the other, but they all symbolise the same thing in the end. Maybe if there is an egyptian in the forum, or someone who does know, they might come forward and help with the common name for (katb el kitab) in Egypt ... But I know that in saudi arabia its either named (katb el ktab) or (milka).

I am so sorry I couldn't assist you further...

:) Take Care.

Hi Moi! Yeah I'm pretty sure there must be some form of Kitb al Kitab in Egypt. I do hope someone would be able to tell me what it's called in Egypt though. Also, thanks for your swift replies. :)

Have a nice day! Take care.

tesaweer said:
Couples in the middle east marry according to their belief as not all are muslims, some are christians or follow other religions. Anyway whatever their religion they must have a civil wedding where they will be formally and legally husband and wife as well as a religious ceremony where they will be married in the eyes of God, now it doesn't matter which one happens first and maybe in some countries only one is practised as in countries which are basically ruled by sharia laws, the name katib alkitab is the same as milka or nikah and i'm sure the katib al kitab is the name used for egyptian muslims. And as for alters if the couple are christians then sure they marry in a church and the bride is walked to the alter by her father or any male member of her family but if they are muslims then of course they don't. The bride mainly wears white although for the islamic or religious ceremony it is customary to wear a traditional dress in whatever colour . They can sign the papers anytime but usually after a period of engagement some couples choose to celebrate the signing and moving together on the same day or have another big do few weeks or months later and then move together. Hope this answers your questions laraib , if not I'll try again;)

Thanks, tesaweer. Yes, you cleared up a lot.;) :) Now, I know this is really not a place to discuss this, but do you remember how King Abdullah and
Queen Rania got married? I don't. Can anyone just give a little summary about what happened and is that what usually happens in Arab Royal weddings? Maybe instead of Rania and Abudullah, someone could explain what went down in Princess Noor's wedding. Iam sorry, I didn't follow any weddings.:) ;)

nayeli0016 said:
Hi Moi! Yeah I'm pretty sure there must be some form of Kitb al Kitab in Egypt. I do hope someone would be able to tell me what it's called in Egypt though. Also, thanks for your swift replies. :)

Have a nice day! Take care.

Haha (swift replies) ... Gee, thanks !

You just made me feel like a secret agent.... Talk about fulfulling childhood dreams :p !

Your very welcome, always ! I hope someone who knows what its called in egypt could help sometime soon, but someone said that its called katb el kitab in egypt as well, I am not exactly sure myself but I think they may be right cus I heard the phrase (katb el ktab) in an old egyptian movie before (yeah and you can laugh at my chosen source) hehe ...

Take Care Hon.

Still no pictures? Wow, I stopped coming here when news broke out of his marriage coz I was so upset, but now curiosity is killing the cat! Isn't media in Jordan free-er than in Saudi, someone should've snapped a photo by now? Heh.

Rhaegar said:
Still no pictures? Wow, I stopped coming here when news broke out of his marriage coz I was so upset, but now curiosity is killing the cat! Isn't media in Jordan free-er than in Saudi, someone should've snapped a photo by now? Heh.

no :'(

i agree with you someone should have done :D

maybe they didn't take pictures , I know some people don't care a lot about the (katb el ktab) and don't make a big deal about it .

hello....I was not sure where to post my first ever post. I have been intrigued with the Jordanian royal family for sometime now. I am an American and lived in Jeddah for over a year and miss the Middle East alot now. I look forward to reading your posts.

Tamara

tamaraizme said:
hello....I was not sure where to post my first ever post. I have been intrigued with the Jordanian royal family for sometime now. I am an American and lived in Jeddah for over a year and miss the Middle East alot now. I look forward to reading your posts.

Tamara

Hi tamaraizme! Hope you enjoy the forum!;) :)

Back
Top Bottom