Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manufacturing negativity come with the theory when one is dating a British Prince. Just look at the Daily Fail
Right - very true. But the Daily Mail is ostensibly driven by page views and profit - and while it doesn't justify their lies, it certainly de-personalizes them. The randoms posing as "experts" on Tumblr get nothing out of making things up about Meghan - just the pleasure of being malicious, I guess. Oh, and attention. They get lots of attention - and validation from people that believe the stuff they come up with.

People's reactions/feelings towards royals and their partners are always interesting to me. In the modern era, much more interesting than the royal themselves to me. This Meghan Markle topic garners a lot of attention, both good and bad, for someone that hasn't generated much to discuss. Very interesting.
fandom psychology is pretty interesting, yes.

Right - very true. But the Daily Mail is ostensibly driven by page views and profit - and while it doesn't justify their lies, it certainly de-personalizes them. The randoms posing as "experts" on Tumblr get nothing out of making things up about Meghan - just the pleasure of being malicious, I guess. Oh, and attention. They get lots of attention - and validation from people that believe the stuff they come up with.

True, but that ain't new only to Meghan, tumblr and before tumblr, forums have made up lies about Catherine, Chelsy and Cressida just to be malicious. And that not only to girlfriends/wives of British Princes. They do that to any women who dare date a famous men.

True, but that ain't new only to Meghan, tumblr and before tumblr, forums have made up lies about Catherine, Chelsy and Cressida just to be malicious. And that not only to girlfriends/wives of British Princes. They do that to any women who dare date a famous men.
Yes, of course. Every celebrity is subject to this sort of thing. Doesn't make it any less repugnant.

No its doesn't, it the sexist world that we live in.

We won't know a danged thing though until the day of any wedding happening. Its not something that is announced. Neither will we know if Harry is created a royal duke until that time comes.

I would be greatly surprised if Harry were not created a duke upon marriage. Unless he marries without consent, I'd say a dukedom is almost certain.

Just maybe I stated that a wee bit wrong. We won't know which royal dukedom will be Harry's until the day of the wedding. I agree that the royal dukedom is practically a given. :D

Acting and model, a lifestyle blog, ambassador for two major organizations, and her own fashion label. She certainly isn't the lazy d list opportunist waiting for a man to pay her bills. She is clearly establishing a future outside acting, that doesn't rely on a husband. This isn't a woman who lives off mom and dad until she lands the ring from the rich man.

Very well said Countessmeout, Thank You.

Being a new poster here and in reading this thread about Harry/Meghan, it sure is filled with lots of negative energy. One thing I learned in life that written words do come back to haunt us and that every word said shows the type of person we are to the world when on forums like this.

Saying that I hope for the very best for Harry with or without Meghan, he seems like a real down to earth young man who has his head on this shoulders and wants to do good in this world.

As for reading about Meghan and never seeing this show called Suits before, it seems like she is also of that caliber of a person with her work ethic and interests in helping others. I would like to think that Harry knows a phony when he sees one after all I am sure he must come across many of those in his life

Acting career, clothing line and UN gig, all things Meghan will have to gave up if she marry Harry
Haven't read the article, but the headline makes me think about the fact that IF Meghan were to
marry Prince Harry, she would have to give up her job AND all potential future earnings as well - that is, she would have to accept that whatever income and assets she has...is all that she'll ever have. I mean, she could invest her assets and accrue interest and all that, but still - it's a pretty daunting prospect. Love - the secure and abiding kind - is worth the sacrifice but still - it's a sobering thought.

Oops! That wasn't an article! My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't read the article, but the headline makes me think about the fact that IF Meghan were to
marry Prince Harry, she would have to give up her job AND all potential future earnings as well - that is, she would have to accept that whatever income and assets she has...is all that she'll ever have. I mean, she could invest her assets and accrue interest and all that, but still - it's a pretty daunting prospect. Love - the secure and abiding kind - is worth the sacrifice but still - it's a sobering thought.

And who says she'll have to give it all up? I disagree! I say we wait and see. I read she may not have to give up a thing.

"Suits" only because it's filmed in Canada. But Harry may let do one more season while they are married for her character to wrap things up. Again, we'll see.

And I am well aware of what Kate had to do and those before her etc. I don't care. Number 1- times are changing; 2- Kate did not have what Meghan has, a career, a business, and Charity work; 3-Meghan is American, not British and her being married to a Brit and a prince doesn't change that fact.

Last edited:
I've deleted and edited a large number of posts. As a reminder, we expect members to base their statements on published stories, rather than on wishful thinking, or unsubstantiated gossip/rumor.

The discussion about tiaras has been moved to the Tiaras for Prince Harry's future wife thread. Also, please remember that this thread is about Harry and his relationships. If you want to discuss the Middleton family, please go to their thread.

Meghan will have to give up a lot financially though, and that will be a real dilemma, I feel. Will she give up Suits (if she hasn't signed a contract for a seventh season of the show) and move to London in the next few months, trusting to Providence to Harry and to their future marriage? What if it doesn't work out? That would be a considerable sacrifice made for naught.

On the other hand, if Meghan waits until the ring is on the finger Royal engagements are traditionally short. Would there be enough time to learn about the BRF protocol, Britain, British way of life etc etc? The financial sacrifices under those circumstances too would be quite considerable, but at least there will be a marriage at the end of it.

Meghan will have to give up a lot financially though, and that will be a real dilemma, I feel. Will she give up Suits (if she hasn't signed a contract for a seventh season of the show) and move to London in the next few months, trusting to Providence to Harry and to their future marriage? What if it doesn't work out? That would be a considerable sacrifice made for naught.

On the other hand, if Meghan waits until the ring is on the finger Royal engagements are traditionally short. Would there be enough time to learn about the BRF protocol, Britain, British way of life etc etc? The financial sacrifices under those circumstances too would be quite considerable, but at least there will be a marriage at the end of it.

I'd be very surprised if she has not committed to season 7. I believe that cast originally had 5 year contracts, and then it was renewed. Typically it would be for 2 years. Season 7 is likely the last season of Suits though. I know people are thinking they might not date that long before getting engaged because of her age and the fact that they want children. I still suspect that an engagement won't be announced until mid to late 2018 with a wedding in 2019 if this goes to the next level. If that's the case, she'd probably move to London at the end of 2017 when Suit wraps up filming. She can start on the so called princess lessons before then if they do get serious enough. But she'll move there for at least a few months before an engagement is announced.

And who says she'll have to give it all up? I disagree! I say we wait and see. I read she may not have to give up a thing.

"Suits" only because it's filmed in Canada. But Harry may let do one more season while they are married for her character to wrap things up. Again, we'll see.

And I am well aware of what Kate had to do and those before her etc. I don't care. Number 1- times are changing; 2- Kate did not have what Meghan has, a career, a business, and Charity work; 3-Meghan is American, not British and her being married to a Brit and a prince doesn't change that fact.
Yes, we'll see. They may never marry. And this is all hypothetical, of course. But there is a precedent - most royal wives have had to give up their day jobs.

The U.K. Is not some strange foreign land with new customs and a language to learn. Yes, there are differences, but not something she needs a great deal of study in. And even if she is in London, she isn't going to know what it is to be a royal until she is one. She has spent a lot of time there, and there are plenty of books. Time she can spend in her off time. There isno need for her to live in the uk to learn British culture. Perhaps when suits ends, she will move. There is plenty of acting opportunities in London. And she can carry on her blog and fashion line from London. And her work with the un and world vision.

The U.K. Is not some strange foreign land with new customs and a language to learn. Yes, there are differences, but not something she needs a great deal of study in. And even if she is in London, she isn't going to know what it is to be a royal until she is one. She has spent a lot of time there, and there are plenty of books. Time she can spend in her off time. There isno need for her to live in the uk to learn British culture. Perhaps when suits ends, she will move. There is plenty of acting opportunities in London. And she can carry on her blog and fashion line from London. And her work with the un and world vision.
I don't think learning British culture is the imperative here, I think one of them would need to move so that they can proceed with their relationship on the same continent lol. They need a bit of time and proximity in order to find out if the relationship has staying power.

I don't think learning British culture is the imperative here, I think one of them would need to move so that they can proceed with their relationship on the same continent lol. They need a bit of time and proximity in order to find out if the relationship has staying power.

I don't think a move is essential for that to happen, or that it is even a good idea at this point. In my opinion, it would make more sense for Meghan to move only when she is sure the relationship has staying power. If either of them have doubts, then I think her spending more time in London with Harry now will give her more clarity. If it is true that she's still in London, then perhaps that is how they are approaching it.

Last edited:
I don't think a move is essential for that to happen, or that it is even a good idea at this point. In my opinion, it would make more sense for Meghan to move only when she is sure the relationship has staying power. If either of them have doubts, then I think her spending more time in London with Harry now will give her more clarity. If it is true that she's still in London, then perhaps that is how they are approaching it.
I think the only real differences in our views are semantic tbh. I think We can both agree that they need to spend more time together on the same continent. I just think that anyone in a long distance relationship should spend at least a little bit of time "living" (on a trial or short term basis) in the same city as their would-be spouse.

Last edited:
A man on Twitter has just said he hoped Meghan was having a wonderful time in India and that they met.Also a women's foundation in India has posted it was wonderful "interacting" with her..So it sounds like she did go to India...Unfortunately they told this on social media if she was hiding so if paps really want a picture,they're on it! Just in case it's deleted this time!

Last edited:
If this is true, its kind of sad that because of paps, the work that Meghan is doing cannot reach more people and draw badly needed attention to the causes she is backing. To have all the paps descend on her in India just because she is dating Harry would be totally disruptive and frustrating.

One thing I can be pretty sure of is that both Harry and Meghan have very good reason to abhor the press even more. Then again, should Meghan be backing these causes as a Princess of the UK, the press coverage would be even greater and reach more people.

Lots of pros and cons to mull over for these two when considering a future together.

Sophie and Edward failed attempt at a career/business owners is who say she has to gave it up.
Time don't change that fast.
People sure love to act like working for a family business is not real work (working for party pieces) and conveniently forgetting her charity works, she even set up a fundraising event.

Last edited:
Meghan herself claim she had a hard time getting roles, outside of her show, the only thing she could get is Hallmark movies... when one is on Hallmark films, its hard to get out and get shows on networks tv or HBO. Hollywood also don't pay attention to women over 35 unless they are Meryl Streep.
If she wanted to continue acting her best bet would be to stay in Canada and continue her Hallmark career after her show ended.

Sophie and Edward failed attempt at a career/business owners is who say she has to gave it up.
People sure love to act like working for a family business is not real work (working for party pieces) and conveniently forgetting her charity works, one where she set up a fundraising event.

If I remember correctly, Kate took a part time job with a family friend's business after graduation. Even with a part time job, there were troubles because she had to be available whenever William had free time to chat. And after that, she took a position with her family. It makes people wonder how much work it really is working at the family business if someone can't stick to a part time job elsewhere. And btw, a career isn't the same as a job. A lot of teenagers take on hourly jobs when they are not in school, but I don't think that makes it a career. Now regardless of that argument, it's pretty fair to say that Kate wasn't working at the same level as Meghan is now.

And btw, I agree that if her and Harry were to marry, she would have to give up her career. Especially if Prince Charles plans on retiring his siblings once he takes over and streamline it to him, Camilla, the Cambridges, Harry and his future wife. There isn't enough royals to go around for all of the current numbers of charity.

Last edited:
People sure love to act like working for a family business is not real work (working for party pieces) and conveniently forgetting her charity works, she even set up a fundraising event.
Working for the family business IS work and it shouldn't be marginalized imo, but Kate's parents call the shots at Party Pieces, which means that if Kates marriage to Will ever fell apart, she'd still have a job. She has a safety net that Meghan doesn't have. An actress can't just disappear for a decade and then pick up where they left off.

If this is true, its kind of sad that because of paps, the work that Meghan is doing cannot reach more people and draw badly needed attention to the causes she is backing. To have all the paps descend on her in India just because she is dating Harry would be totally disruptive and frustrating.

One thing I can be pretty sure of is that both Harry and Meghan have very good reason to abhor the press even more. Then again, should Meghan be backing these causes as a Princess of the UK, the press coverage would be even greater and reach more people.

Lots of pros and cons to mull over for these two when considering a future together.
I hope this is true! And if she did go, I'm certain that news of her visit will make it to the media eventually, and the causes she supports will get the coverage they deserve.

Yes, I saw the tweet too. It's an organization called 'Power Foundation' and they're teaming up with World Vision India.

If she went to India, then it will reach the media, a little delayed, but I suppose that was the goal when her trip was 'cancelled'.

Oh, that's good news if she could keep her India engagement. I look forward to hearing more about it.

Meghan herself claim she had a hard time getting roles, outside of her show, the only thing she could get is Hallmark movies... when one is on Hallmark films, its hard to get out and get shows on networks tv or HBO. Hollywood also don't pay attention to women over 35 unless they are Meryl Streep.
If she wanted to continue acting her best bet would be to stay in Canada and continue her Hallmark career after her show ended.

If I'm reading this correctly, then I don't think there would be much of an issue with her finding some work if/when she were to move or marry PH. As a royal, she wouldn't have to worry about a lack of stability, so she could just take on a role here or there. However, the big question is whether or not that's even feasible and it probably isn't.

I just don't think she would have that much of an issue with giving up acting though, especially once Suits is over. She knows it's only going to get harder for her to try to make a living as an actor. I think that partially explains why she's chosen to embrace all these different opportunities outside of acting.

I'm not sure if her other pursuits would have to stop, but I do believe her acting career would have to end if they get engaged. It would be rather unseemly to see the fiancée/wife of a prince kissing random men for entertainment purposes. Times have changed, but certainly not to that degree. That it's in her past doesn't necessarily have to matter, but it cant be in her future as a member of the BRF. Although from a personal and purely selfish perspective, what a hoot that circus would be to see unfold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom