Prince Hamzah of Jordan & Princess Noor: August 2003 & May 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Dennism+May 27th, 2004 - 10:47 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dennism @ May 27th, 2004 - 10:47 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sommone@May 27th, 2004 - 10:46 pm
Didn't someone say the swedish royals were there?  Any pictures, or has anyone seen them?
They are coming on Friday. [/b][/quote]
Thanks. ;)

I wish Hamzeh and his new wife much happiness. I highly doubt the new princess is pregnant--that would not be countenanced by the Jordanian royal family. Queen Noor looked absolutely radiant--and on that day she should have shined brightly--this is her son, not Rania's. This was a day that Rania should have just yielded a little bit to Noor out of personal respect. All know that Rania is the Queen and Noor is the Queen Dowager. Noor lost her husband and only has her children left, she deserves some happiness!

I just looked at some pictures of Letizia at the wedding--does she look too thin??

I do give Felipe and Letizia credit for attending this wedding not even a week after their own!

Originally posted by Humble@May 28th, 2004 - 7:42 am
I feel sad for Prince Ali being the bodyguard of his brother the king even in the wedding…He should have been the king as he is the only one from an Arabic Muslim mother, Queen Alia… It is said that Queen Noor was behind eliminating Ali from the throne line….God knows..
Why should having an arabic mother make Ali more eligible to be king than Abdullah or Hamzah?

Princess Muna & Queen Noor have given their lives to Jordan. Despite the divorce Princess Muna has continued to live and work in Jordan even once her children became adults. Queen Noor the same. She promotes Jordan to the western world and has tried to do so much for the arabic/muslim culture to counteract the damage done by Saddam Hussien & the Taliban.

From what I have heard about Ali he has been a playboy and obviously not mature enough to be considered as a future king.

I am of the opinion that Hamzah will never be king as Abdullah will, in the fullness of time, make his own son Crown Prince. I think Hamzah knows this and is comfortable with the eventual outcome. I think he is very like his father and wants only what is best for Jordan.

I don't know any of you, but would make Crown Prine of someone who cannot seem to finish at very least a 4 year degree.

I don't mean to be disrespectful but if I was KA and my kid brother Ali is as irresponsible as everyone claims he is I would think twice before putting him in charge of my cat or dog's security detail much less mine. :huh:

Originally posted by Eugenie@May 27th, 2004 - 11:48 pm
I don't know any of you, but would make Crown Prine of someone who cannot seem to finish at very least a 4 year degree.

I don't mean to be disrespectful but if I was KA and my kid brother Ali is as irresponsible as everyone claims he is I would think twice before putting him in charge of my cat or dog's security detail much less mine. :huh:
Prince Hamzah went to Sandhurst, a military academy, before he started University, and after he finished at Harrow. He took some time off when his father was sick. Also he's had to take some time away from school because of his duties as Crown Prince. Last year, with the war in Iraq, he had to leave school and go back to Jordan to show support to his brother. I'd say he's doing a great job as crown prince.

I don't know much about the situation with Ali, but if he was given any duty by King Abdullah, then he's very much deserving of it.

Groom's uncle Prince Hassan & his wife were not there…Only one of his daughters +husband. I guess the uncle did not attend because of the stories instigated by Queen Noor and others from the Palace during the last days of king Hussein who, as a result of these stories, decided to take out his brother from the throne…

Actually i think all three of his daughters were there with there brother, their husbands and their children. And i'm sure that if we didn't see pictures of him attending the event yesterday we will see him attending the one today.

I also think that those of you who have criticised the wedding were expecting something in a more european style with a bit more protocol, and it was never going to be like that, as our weddings are totally different.

Originally posted by tiaraprin@May 27th, 2004 - 10:30 pm

I do give Felipe and Letizia credit for attending this wedding not even a week after their own!
I agree, specially since they didnt really have to accompany Queen Sofia and Cristina. What a contrast to Frederik and Mary of Denmark! Although im sure they're entitled to a nice long honeymoon, but Felipe and Letizia still deserve credit for being so considerate. The Spanish and Jordanian royal families are pretty close I believe. I just heard on the news that Felipe and Letizia are planning to spend part of their honeymoon in Jordan.

Originally posted by ~*~Humera~*~+May 28th, 2004 - 3:52 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (~*~Humera~*~ @ May 28th, 2004 - 3:52 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tiaraprin@May 27th, 2004 - 10:30 pm

I agree, specially since they didnt really have to accompany Queen Sofia and Cristina. What a contrast to Frederik and Mary of Denmark! Although im sure they're entitled to a nice long honeymoon, but Felipe and Letizia still deserve credit for being so considerate. The Spanish and Jordanian royal families are pretty close I believe. I just heard on the news that Felipe and Letizia are planning to spend part of their honeymoon in Jordan. [/b][/quote]

I totally agree.

I've posted this before in response to someone who blames Felipe and Letizia for Mary Donaldson that didn't attend the wedding in Spain, she said its too bad for Felipe and Letizia for not scheduling their wedding better.

here's the link http://www.lestribunesroyales.com/forums/i...pic=6029&st=160

or please read below, i copied & pasted it

(Rosmerta @ May 26th, 2004 - 12:26 am)
Crown Princess Mary should have been there. Too bad Felipe and Letty didn't schedule their wedding better.
Why are you blaming Felipe and Letizia for Mary that did not attend? :angry:

So would you also blame Hamzah and Noor for not scheduling their wedding better?

Its a choice actually. I admire Felipe and Letizia for making time to attend Fred&Mary's even though its a week before their wedding and for planning to attend Hamzah&Noor's a week after their wedding. They're a very considerate, professional and unselfish couple.

Why didn't Fred&Mary just relax for a week in beautiful places in Denmark or better yet do what Felipe & Letizia are doing now. IMO its selfish of them to fly right away to Tanzania- they don't care if they miss the Wedding of the Prince and Princess of Asturias that will happen only once. Why can't they postpone that honeymooning? They would have so many many more opportunities to be with themselves, a second honeymoon, a third, their several vacations in the future.

Originally posted by nouwrein@May 28th, 2004 - 3:59 am

I totally agree.

I've posted this before in response to someone who blames Felipe and Letizia for Mary Donaldson that didn't attend the wedding in Spain, she said its too bad for Felipe and Letizia for not scheduling their wedding better.

here's the link http://www.lestribunesroyales.com/forums/i...pic=6029&st=160

or please read below, i copied & pasted it

(Rosmerta @ May 26th, 2004 - 12:26 am)
Crown Princess Mary should have been there. Too bad Felipe and Letty didn't schedule their wedding better.
Why are you blaming Felipe and Letizia for Mary that did not attend? :angry:

So would you also blame Hamzah and Noor for not scheduling their wedding better?

Its a choice actually. I admire Felipe and Letizia for making time to attend Fred&Mary's even though its a week before their wedding and for planning to attend Hamzah&Noor's a week after their wedding. They're a very considerate, professional and unselfish couple.

Why didn't Fred&Mary just relax for a week in beautiful places in Denmark or better yet do what Felipe & Letizia are doing now. IMO its selfish of them to fly right away to Tanzania- they don't care if they miss the Wedding of the Prince and Princess of Asturias that will happen only once. Why can't they postpone that honeymooning? They would have so many many more opportunities to be with themselves, a second honeymoon, a third, their several vacations in the future.

Yeah..i dont think the bride and groom should have to reschedule their wedding simply because Mary and Frederik cant make it. Why should one couple be given special treatment when you consider the hundreds of other royals that attend these weddings. I think in the end it all comes down to the fact that if Frederik and Mary had wanted to attend the wedding, they would have. They could've taken a few days off their honeymoon like Felipe and Letizia. The guests should be accomodating for the sake of the bride and groom and NOT the other way round!
I wasn't expectiong Frederik and Mary to be at the Jordanian wedding since no one from the jordanian royal family, or any other middle easterm royal family as far as I can tell, was in Denmark to attend their wedding.
As far as Felipe and Letizia's wedding is concerned, I think Frederik and Mary didnt show up because they didn't want to interrupt their honeymoon, and thats a decision they're entitled to make. But that still makes Felipe and Letizia the more considerate couple to me.

I was in Jordan yesterday, and there was no big deal at all. Even in Aqaba, where they are having more celebrations today.

I see a lot of tension between Noor and Rania. I don't like what either of them wore--either wear traditional or modern--combining the two doesn't work!

Originally posted by Bubbette@May 28th, 2004 - 4:50 am
I see a lot of tension between Noor and Rania.  I don't like what either of them wore--either wear traditional or modern--combining the two doesn't work!
I thought Noor wore traditional :unsure:
Rania's was a bit more modern. I thought both were pretty.
The whole traditional/modern, eastern/western fusion theme has always been an inspirational and important part of fashion..and it works most of the time.

I missed seeing Frederick and Mary there, myself, but I guess they just wanted to realx and enjoy their honeymoon by themselves, and I can't blame them for that. :flower:

I thought I read somewhere that Kofi Annan & Bill Clinton would attend the wedding. Is that correct? Are they going to attend the more private functions at Aqaba?

Am I hallucinating?

Originally posted by tiaraprin@May 27th, 2004 - 10:25 pm
All know that Rania is the Queen and Noor is the Queen Dowager. Noor lost her husband and only has her children left, she deserves some happiness!
Noor is not the queen dowager. She remains Queen Noor, and is the widow of King Hussein. Like Noor, I am a younger widow, and I can tell you that despite the loss of our spouses, we do go on to live normal lives, albeit different. Noor has a lot more than just her children .

I loved Rania's dress, she always looks exquisite. Queen Noor has had too much plastic surgery. Letizia looked amazing. I loved the dress and the color. Mette Marit as always looks dowdy.

Originally posted by Jackswife@May 28th, 2004 - 8:26 am
I missed seeing Frederick and Mary there, myself, but I guess they just wanted to realx and enjoy their honeymoon by themselves, and I can't blame them for that. :flower:
They probably weren't invited. The Jordanians weren't invited to their wedding.

Originally posted by wymanda+May 27th, 2004 - 11:31 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wymanda @ May 27th, 2004 - 11:31 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Humble@May 28th, 2004 - 7:42 am
I feel sad for Prince Ali being the bodyguard of his brother the king even in the wedding…He should have been the king as he is the only one from an Arabic Muslim mother, Queen Alia… It is said that Queen Noor was behind eliminating Ali from the throne line….God knows..
Why should having an arabic mother make Ali more eligible to be king than Abdullah or Hamzah?

Princess Muna & Queen Noor have given their lives to Jordan. Despite the divorce Princess Muna has continued to live and work in Jordan even once her children became adults. Queen Noor the same. She promotes Jordan to the western world and has tried to do so much for the arabic/muslim culture to counteract the damage done by Saddam Hussien & the Taliban.

From what I have heard about Ali he has been a playboy and obviously not mature enough to be considered as a future king.

I am of the opinion that Hamzah will never be king as Abdullah will, in the fullness of time, make his own son Crown Prince. I think Hamzah knows this and is comfortable with the eventual outcome. I think he is very like his father and wants only what is best for Jordan. [/b][/quote]
Being a playboy didn't disqualify KA from being king, so why should Ali have been disqualified from being king? The only difference is KA was married, and his playboy days were long behind him by the time King Hussein passed. Whereas Ali was probably still womanizing during that time.

Sorry, won't stray off topic again...spanks hand. Bad girl! :evil:

Originally posted by Lyonnaise+May 27th, 2004 - 4:06 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lyonnaise @ May 27th, 2004 - 4:06 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-carlota@May 27th, 2004 - 4:03 pm
can someone post a photo of letizia's outfit today in aman? and please if you can and somebody has one a photo of rania's wedding dress......
thanks in advance
Letizia

Rania

dress #2 [/b][/quote]
Oh, my gosh. What is KA standing on so that he can look taller than QR?

Originally posted by madonna23@May 27th, 2004 - 7:05 pm
Princess Iman's outfit just scared me...What was she thinking??!!?? It looked like a net was thrown over her!
Which photo is she in?

Originally posted by mari0915@May 28th, 2004 - 10:24 am
Queen Noor has had too much plastic surgery.
Agree. And in some of the photos, you can see her face and neck are redder than the rest of her skin, as though she's just had a chemical peel or something.

Originally posted by sommone@May 28th, 2004 - 11:37 am
Being a playboy didn't disqualify KA from being king, so why should Ali have been disqualified from being king? The only difference is KA was married, and his playboy days were long behind him by the time King Hussein passed. Whereas Ali was probably still womanizing during that time.
I heard that Ali was kicked out a few Ivy League schools.

I can't picture King Abdullah as a playboy.

It really doesn't matter where their mothers came from. I think that King Hussein chose King Abdullah to be king because he was his eldest son and he chose Prince Hamzah as crown prince because he thought that he would be the best man for the job.

back on topic its a wedding thread you know....

the swedish royal should have arrived in jordan by now
have you seen any pictures?

Originally posted by Banadoora@May 28th, 2004 - 3:09 pm
Sorry. I knew that. :innocent:

I haven't seen anything about them so far.
I just saw a bit of the Aqaba ceremony,there was another reception in their Aqaba Palace,Princess Noor was wearing a nice wedding dress,and Hamzah looked Just amazing,so did QN and Rania,Prince Hassan and Rym Ali were there too. waiting for Pictures.

I was under the impression that there was going to be a banquet today. Did it happen and no pictures were taken or is it being held tomorrow?

Back
Top Bottom