Prince Alexander of Teck and Princess Alice of Albany - 1904

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
On 10 February 1904 prince Alexander of Teck, so of Princess Mary Adelaide of Great-Britain and brother of the future Queen Mary, married Princess Alice of Albany. Alice was the daughter of Queen Victoria's youngest son, Prince Leopold, Duke of Albany and Princess Helena of Waldeck-Pyrmont. The couple maried at St. George's Chapal, Windsor and would later receive the title Earl (& Countess) of Athlone:

Scan0002.jpg

33a439f3aa11240e825c32aee03ca2cf.jpg

==
copyrights expired.

Last edited:
Lovely photo, Marengo. I'm having some trouble deciphering who is who--is the first little girl on the left Princess Mary, who later became the Countess of Harewood? And, which is Mary of Teck? The photo suggests it is the little girl on the far right.

AFAIK Princess Mary (future countess Harewood) is the girl on the left, Princess Mary of Teck (the future duchess of Beaufort) is the little girl on the right and the girl in the middle should be Helen of Waldeck-Pyrmont.

Once again, you have saved me from ignorance! Thank you, Marengo. I have always particularly enjoyed photos of historic weddings--they offer such a wonderful snapshot into the era. I love the flowered headdresses of the young girls and the Connaughts, but is Alice wearing a tiara? If so, which one?

Once again, you have saved me from ignorance! Thank you, Marengo. I have always particularly enjoyed photos of historic weddings--they offer such a wonderful snapshot into the era. I love the flowered headdresses of the young girls and the Connaughts, but is Alice wearing a tiara? If so, which one?

Princess Alice is wearing the "Ears of Wheat" tiara - formerly in the possession of Princess Mary Adelaide her late Mother in law.

On this same date of February 10 in the year 1840 Queen Victoria wed Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.

Back
Top Bottom