Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sofia is posing like a photo model, here with her sister Lina
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-syajp4UBiuE/TmXBhajZLUI/AAAAAAAABBY/02XZ38rLuXM/s512/_X2I3057.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pyAGa__d1BM/TmXBXyDu2xI/AAAAAAAAA_k/qx_Vu3C7lEo/s512/_X2I2937.JPG

Jenny Alexandersson reveals at her blog in Aftonbladet that CP and Sofia have had pretty hectic days. Besides the important charity event and activities with shared home they spent time in Sofia's neighborhood. Last weekend they were in Älvdalen with Sofia's family. They took long walks and Sofia showed among other things the top sport centrum of Älvdalen for CP. They bought some fishing equipment - both Sofia and CP like to fish and, according to Jenny´s source, it became also a real feast of a dinner with the family Hellqvist in Kåtilla.
Prins Carl Philips och Sofias vecka « Hovbloggen

Last edited:
She looks very good. I like the necklace. Is there not a certain ressemblence to Queen Silivia?

I think if Carl Philip and Sofia get engaged it will be after the birth of Victoria and Daniel's child.

I wonder how Sofia´d look like with her natural hair-colour. That black colour doesn´t look natural and also cheap....(wonder whether she would be attracted to CP if she would show her natural blonde...)

I do not think she is half as beautiful as Silvia was/is. She is attractive, of course, but I really dislike her hair - if she feels the need to dye it , it should not be soooo dark and she needs to improve the cut.

SvenskDam (reporter Åsa Bönnelyche and photographer Charles Hammarsten) have met Sofia and Carl Philip at the Museum of Photography. Carl Philip has helped Sofia to put photos on the wall to present the work of Project Playground. Åsa and Charles spent the afternoon with Sofia and CP and got an interview.
The interview is on the paper version of SvenskDam.
Here you can see the cover and the first two pages of the interview.
"The future princess of Sweden - Sofia´s first interview"
SDT1137_.pdf

Yesterday was Make Up Store's big anniversary show at the Globen Annexet. Make Up Store had 15th birthday, and it was celebrated with this amazing display. Sofia Hellqvist was honored to receive a cheque of 500 000 SEK to Project Playground! Click the photos to get HQs.
http://www.posh24.se/maria_montazami/maria_montazami_showar_loss_pa_make_up_stores_jubileumsvisning

Sofia Hellqvist på sminkfest Kändisbloggen - Nordens Skönaste Community - improveme.se

IBL gallery, also Carl Philip was there
http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/fotoweb/Grid.fwx?archiveId=5000&SF_LASTSEARCH=sofia+and+hellqvist%A8&SF_FIELD1_GROUP=1&SF_GROUP1_BOOLEAN=and&SF_FIELD1_MATCHTYPE=all&SF_SEARCHINRESULT=0&SF_FIELD1=Sofia+Hellqvist+and+15th+anniversary&doSearch.x=0&doSearch.y=0

Last edited:
What do we know?

For me, I sense an engagment coming and I have the feeling that within the family the issue is already approved. This whole Sofia strategy screams "public whitewash" from the naked snake image (Sofia working, doing charity, attending events where royals are present, going on royal holiday etc etc) in order to have the Swedes like her when the announcement comes.

Its possible that the plan works out, although I find the often repeated Mette Marit comparisons wrong. MM had personal problems (drugs etc) she was about to tackle when meeting Haakon, and she never pursued the prince for his status or wanting to be famous very unlike Sofia, whose whole CV creams "attention" from the beginning and its literally "crowned" by getting involved with CP.

But how do we know anything about that? If we net are close friends with Mette-Marit and Sofia, we can not possibly do anything but speculate. I agree that Mette-Marit been able to wash away many of the negative things written about her when she was with Crown Prince Haakon. There were many terrible pictures of Mette-Marit when the with the Prince began. I think that Mette-Marit have been able to curb her addiction and learn well to come out in public. I admire her for her good work. Sofia is still unknown but she is judged very hard in advance, just as we and others did with Mette-Marit and others. But: We still do not know if we get any (public, from the court given) notice about Sofia and CP. So what and who should we compare with and how can we compare?

Last edited:
But how do we know anything about that? If we were not close friends with Mette-Marit and Sofia so we can not possibly do anything but speculate. I agree that Mette-Marit been able to wash away many of the negative things written about her when she was with Crown Prince Haakon. There were many awesome pictures of Mette-Marit reslationen when the Prince began. I think that Mette-Marit was good to be able to curb their addiction and learn to come out in public. Sofia is still unknown but who are judged as hard in advance as they did with Mette-Marit and others. We still do not know if we get any (public, from the court given) notice about Sofia and CP so what should we compared with?

We did, we got. Here it is. It's a notice, it's public, it's from the court and it's about Carl-Philip and Sofia...
The below comes from the informationschef of the court Bertil Ternert.

Originally Posted by LadyFinn
Carl Philip has denied the information given about why he and Sofia didn´t attend the wedding. The informationschef of the court Bertil Ternert told to SvenskDam:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn
- Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist were invited to the wedding. They told the couple a few weeks before that, unfortunately, they can´t attend. It had nothing to do with that Sofia did not want to meet Emma Pernald, prince´s former girlfriend. The reason was different.
And there is no rift between Sofia and Emma, according to Ternert.
- They have a good relationship.

Carl Philip dementerar att det är en fnurra på tråden | Svensk Damtidning
Translation

I never gave my opinion about this relationship, mainly because of the heated arguments in this thread. But since I discussed the recent developments in my blog, I'll give my viewpoint here.

Even though I think royals should have some freedom of choosing their spouse, since they get little choices in their lives anyway, I do think royals need to be aware of their status and why they get involved in. Dating a former reality show contestant and someone who once posed nude says to me that Carl Philip does not care about being royalty at all. Isn't he aware that marrying Sofia could damage his family's image and thus ruin the monarchy? Is that his intention? Is he not aware of how low the support for the Swedish monarchy is? Its funny how the original heir to the throne is acting very unroyal.

Of course, he's not breaking the law or messing with politics like Belgium's Prince Laurent, who I think is the worst of Europe's royals. But I don't think Sweden is that laid back and open minded when it comes to a celebrity becoming a member of its monarchy. I really think making Sofia a Princess could ruin the institution. Unless, Swedes don't care. After all, Carl Philip will be third in line to the throne soon; he almost doesn't matter as much as Victoria.

Yes, this isn't the 1900s where royals sacrificed everything for their country and status (save for Edward VII). Yes, the West is more about individuality and making yourself happy. But unfortunately, European royals are in the position of serving others rather than themselves, so they have to be extra careful about who they get involved with. But that all comes down to how they feel about their position as a royal. If it means little to them, then they should renounce their status and be average citizens. Sticking around for the privilege and perks should not be allowed, especially since taxpayers would notice and not be happy.

OK. I made my point. I may return or not.

:previous: I completely agree, Sonjapearl. Thanks for expressing your opinion. I hope to hear from you again.

At least I have noticed that her style and appearance improved-she looks appropriate in the white silk blouse + blue skirt and the red dress she wore for the Make Up Store's big anniversary was very flattering and ladylike without revealing too much skin.

I never gave my opinion about this relationship, mainly because of the heated arguments in this thread. But since I discussed the recent developments in my blog, I'll give my viewpoint here.

Even though I think royals should have some freedom of choosing their spouse, since they get little choices in their lives anyway, I do think royals need to be aware of their status and why they get involved in. Dating a former reality show contestant and someone who once posed nude says to me that Carl Philip does not care about being royalty at all. Isn't he aware that marrying Sofia could damage his family's image and thus ruin the monarchy? Is that his intention? Is he not aware of how low the support for the Swedish monarchy is? Its funny how the original heir to the throne is acting very unroyal.

Of course, he's not breaking the law or messing with politics like Belgium's Prince Laurent, who I think is the worst of Europe's royals. But I don't think Sweden is that laid back and open minded when it comes to a celebrity becoming a member of its monarchy. I really think making Sofia a Princess could ruin the institution. Unless, Swedes don't care. After all, Carl Philip will be third in line to the throne soon; he almost doesn't matter as much as Victoria.

Yes, this isn't the 1900s where royals sacrificed everything for their country and status (save for Edward VII). Yes, the West is more about individuality and making yourself happy. But unfortunately, European royals are in the position of serving others rather than themselves, so they have to be extra careful about who they get involved with. But that all comes down to how they feel about their position as a royal. If it means little to them, then they should renounce their status and be average citizens. Sticking around for the privilege and perks should not be allowed, especially since taxpayers would notice and not be happy.

I agree but I don't think his marrying Sofia will be the end of the monarchy in Sweden. If they're smart they'll use the veil of Victoria's pregnancy and new baby to move Sofia in the position of princess.

At least I have noticed that her style and appearance improved-she looks appropriate in the white silk blouse + blue skirt and the red dress she wore for the Make Up Store's big anniversary was very flattering and ladylike without revealing too much skin.

Maybe Victoria has been advising Sofia, the red dress is from Malene Birger. Victoria has a lot of outfits and accessories by Birger.
Style Fight i By Malene Birger: Medina vs. Sophia Hellqvist - Gossip - Mode - Elle

Thank you Rascal and dbarn67.

If Carl Philip marries Sofia, and the Swedish people are OK with it and her past doesn't matter to them, then fine - I'm OK with this union. But if it could hurt the monarchy in the eyes of Swedes, then I am not all for this relationship.

All this talk of marriage is causing me to break out in a sweat.
I'm not going to give up on Carl Philip. I'm still praying that the scales will be removed from his eyes and that he'll find his soulmate who was put on this earth for him. I'm praying he'll marry a virtuous woman, someone with excellent morals, someone who really loves him and could care less about fame, someone who does not seduce others to get what she wants, someone who will give this royal family a much needed, overdue makeover. Sofia is trying her best to change her image, but you can't change the past. She needs to move aside and let his wife come in the picture. Point, blank, period.

Written from gossip in gossip colums

The problem is that we "think" about things we have read in other gossip columns and tells Sofia that if she were already princess.

Where you've got the idea to the Swedish monarchy has low support I do not know? One must distinguish between the monarch and the monarchy. And the monarch was poorly supported by the writings of the scandal tabloids Aftonbladet and Expressen. They have not yet come up with evidence of their writings, and it ought at least to touch someone with a thought ...

Please show on a Western democracy, with much higher support in parliament than the Swedish?

The problem is that we "think" about things we have read in other gossip columns and tells Sofia that if she were already princess.

Where you've got the idea to the Swedish monarchy has low support I do not know? One must distinguish between the monarch and the monarchy. And the monarch was poorly supported by the writings of the scandal tabloids Aftonbladet and Expressen. They have not yet come up with evidence of their writings, and it ought at least to touch someone with a thought ...

Please show on a Western democracy, with much higher support in parliament than the Swedish?

Remember when CP Victoria got married and a poll showed less than half of Swedes supported the monarchy? Granted, that was a republican organization that conducted the poll, but the numbers were troubling.

Like I said, if Swedes are OK with Carl Philip dating and possibly marrying Sofia, then I'm OK with it too. That means I am OK with their acceptance of Sofia despite her past. I can't tell a country who should join their monarchy or not.

Some people, when the fire alarms go off, will chalk it up as a malfunction and remain in a burning building just because they don't smell smoke.

Sofia is still unknown but she is judged very hard in advance, just as we and others did with Mette-Marit and others. But: We still do not know if we get any (public, from the court given) notice about Sofia and CP. So what and who should we compare with and how can we compare?

Sofia is already known well by her visible actions - and the infamous snake picture is rather conservative compared to what else is circulating in the net. While MM's drug past pictures were private ones that were being digged up by "friends" for the media to publish, Sofia went PUBLIC promoting herself in quite a shameless way from day one in order to get attention and make money. That does say something about a person's character, doesnt it.

No matter if they put her into charity events, take her on holiday or will eventually fix her teeth and then claim that she was young and needed the money, the attention seeking testemony will remain there to stay forever.

Rascal - great remark :flowers:

All this talk of marriage is causing me to break out in a sweat.
I'm not going to give up on Carl Philip. I'm still praying that the scales will be removed from his eyes and that he'll find his soulmate who was put on this earth for him. I'm praying he'll marry a virtuous woman, someone with excellent morals, someone who really loves him and could care less about fame, someone who does not seduce others to get what she wants, someone who will give this royal family a much needed, overdue makeover. Sofia is trying her best to change her image, but you can't change the past. She needs to move aside and let his wife come in the picture. Point, blank, period.

You're right. You can't change you're past. But you can learn from it and improve you're way of living you're life. In my eyes Sofia is doing just that. Learning and improving. Living an adult life and stepping away from the adventures of adolescence. I think it's really sad that she just can't do anything right no matter how much she tries in some peoples eyes. And that she should step aside for a fairy tale princess a la cinderella. Because honestly, the perfect wife you described doesn't exist. Not for Felipe, Willem Alexander, Haakon, Frederik, William, Charles, Carl Gustaf, etc. And for sure also not for Carl Philip. All women who live a life and don't just exist in a stupor until right before their weddings have their faults and flaws. Okay, some more than others. But that's what life is. And if we are all honest with ourself, all the princes on the world aren't fairy tale perfect either.

As you ask you get answers

Remember when CP Victoria got married and a poll showed less than half of Swedes supported the monarchy? Granted, that was a republican organization that conducted the poll, but the numbers were troubling.

Like I said, if Swedes are OK with Carl Philip dating and possibly marrying Sofia, then I'm OK with it too. That means I am OK with their acceptance of Sofia despite her past. I can't tell a country who should join their monarchy or not.

The question, at Victoria's wedding, was not about supporting the monarchy form of government, but also supporting the monarch (the King). And as everyone knows where the press at the time of full of negative writings about alleged things about the photographs, which yet none have been able to substantiate...

Last edited:
I believe that if any prince has a right to do exactly as he pleases it is Carl Philip of Sweden. The parliament of his home country took away his birthright after he had been born to it - as much as I like CP Victoria and as much as I'M for equal opportunities, Carl Philip still has any right IMHO to feel beraved, mistreated and disowned.

Why on earth should he now still behave as if he was the one the monarchy's future is depending on? The Swedes didn't want his wife to be their future queen and his child to be heir of the crown so why bother who is his wife and who is the mother of his child? After Victoria was allowed to marry her health instructor (and I love these two love birds!) he can now really choose whoever he wants to. And if he loves an ex-stripper and she loves him, why not? Especially when Victoria's child is born and he is not longer the next in line after her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom