Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a charity auction for Project Playground yesterday evening in Borås, both Sofia Hellqvist and Frida Vesterberg were there. Carl Philip was with Sofia in Borås yesterday evening.
Project playground | Anna Lundberg

there is no official engagement but they spent a lot of time together at social events.
I wonder why the court did not comment it!

there is no official engagement but they spent a lot of time together at social events.
I wonder why the court did not comment it!
What should the court comment? For someone that is not a member of Royal Family, Miss Sofia H. has been commented on more then enough by them. It's nice that for a change they are keeping their mouths shut until they have something official to announce...

What should the court comment? For someone that is not a member of Royal Family, Miss Sofia H. has been commented on more then enough by them. It's nice that for a change they are keeping their mouths shut until they have something official to announce...

coz they have already done it! We have a lot of comments from the court about CP and Sofia relationship!

Sofia went to see Flying Monsters at Cosmonova with Smangele, who came from South Africa to attend the charity auction.
Twitter

Lovely to see Prince Philip supporting Sofia, who co-hosted this highly successful charity event for children. This couple are fast becoming very popular.

Lovely to see Prince Philip supporting Sofia, who co-hosted this highly successful charity event for children. This couple are fast becoming very popular.

Popular with the press maybe but how are they with the people in general? From what I've gathered many Swedes seem to think both C-P and Madeleine are simply not carrying out their duties as they should (while CP Victoria is busy running around even though she should slow down and prepare for the birth). Of course I cannot know for sure how the majority of people in Sweden think. I haven't heard too many kind comments about Sofia either (the last I heard she was called 'Slitzbruden' in other words "Slitz bride" by some ppl; Slitz being the magazine where she posed earlier, am I right?). The common opinion seems to be that all C-P ever does is go out on holidays and drive a race car from time to time when not parading his girlfriend around.

Mind you, these are just opinions I've read and heard. I do not wish to form any solid opinion on the issue myself. I do think however that it is bad PR for SRF that from the trio, only one of them seems to be hardworking and carrying out her duties. If anything, they really should get a new (and competent) press chief and consider the role of C-P (and Sofia) and Madeleine seriously. But that's enough of that.

:previous: I know it's not your personal opinion (you made that perfectly clear) but I think we can't really compare Carl Philip and Madeleine to Victoria (and Daniel). Victoria is the heir to the throne and as such has no choice really than to work hard to do a good job as crownprincess and later queen. Carl Philip and Madeleine are more free in their decisions. It's not as big a problem as for Victoria if they go to university for years or work abroad.

And we can clearly see right now that Carl Philip is definitely willing to work for the family now that he does not have any studies to do. He's really doing a lot for the family lately and it's not overtaking duties for Victoria. Like mentioned in the "CP, Current Events"-thread, Carl Philip attended events which are clearly screaming for him (Sportsgala, Cook of the year, etc), while Victoria does "her" events (Concerts, chilrdens hospitals, etc). She isn't on maternity leave yet but Carl Philip is nontheless working like he hasn't for a few years (where he was busy with studies).

And Madeleine, well that's another case. We shouldn't forget that she is "just" the number 3 and soon becomes number 4 in the succession line. And with every other child from Victoria and Carl Philip she get's pushed father back in the line. So it's only natural that she tries to find a place for herself where she is not only happy but where she can also still work when she is number 10 or 12 in the line someday. It's a bit unfortunate that this place seems to be in New York and not in Sweden, but honestly, she is not that important to the RF like Victoria. So it should be okay. Especially if she get's pushed back father and father in the future.

And we also shouldn't forget that she hasn't turned her back on her family and her duties as a princess. She works for the charity her mother founded and does a lot of royal duties overseas. And she works hard and not just a number of hours here and there like a lot of people think. I saw a video once where she clearly has a minimum 8 hours workday which just happens to be a non-glamorous = perfectly normal office job. That's the only reason why it seems like she doesn't do much. It's always way easier to find her shopping and partying than doing paperwork in the office.

OK, that's just my two pence on the whole situation.

I think that because of the problems of last year and all the negativity at the press (the book of the King, Markovic, the queen´s father and the laziness of Carl Philip and Sofia) has made that the king and the court have made it clear to Carl Philip that he has to work much more for his apanage.

I disagree here. Last autumn when it seemed that he did neither duties for the RF nor attended school he really did make his final exams. It was agreed on with the family and the court to not make this public knowledge that CP was making his final exams to give him the needed quiet and pressure free time to learn and work for that. So I definitely don't think anyone had a talk with CP about his "lazyness" (sorry, but I can't write it any other like that), because behind the scenes he definitely wasn't lazy at all. And like I said before, now that he has more time he does more royal duties which is perfectly okay just like his "lazyness" of last autumn makes really sense now that the reasons for that are out in the open.

Btw, CP doesn't get an apanage. He just get's a part of his fathers apanage which is a big difference.

does any one think c-p and sophia will marry, and doesnt he have to get the approval of parliament or something?

Btw, CP doesn't get an apanage. He just get's a part of his fathers apanage which is a big difference.

It´s still the same taxpayers money. And the court and Carl Philip should have told about his studies. Carl Philip said that he wanted to make is exam in peace - now him studying/not studying was written more than ever and the press was calling to his school. I just hope that the court has learned something about it. Carl Philip also had time to spend many weeks in Thailand and South Africa.

Last edited:
The prince at an unexpected visit in Umeå
Carl Philip and Sofia visited surprisingly the County residence today.
Västerbotten News´ Berno Jonsson had a chat with Carl Philip and Sofia.
It was after the Governor's reception that Västerbotten News team was on its way from the residence when Carl Philip and Sofia came along the road up to the county residence. Sofia waved cheerfully, but the prince was at first somewhat less willing to take contact.
But when they both knew it was the Västerbotten News, SVT's regional news they became more sympathetic. Both had casual wear and Sofia was on her most charming mood. The prince was also very nice. They both shook hand, greeted cheerfully and stopped for a little chat.
- We are here to visit good friends and we have taken the opportunity and walked around the city, said Carl Philip.
- You have a fantastic campus and not least the design college, thought the prince's girlfriend Sofia Hellqvist.
Prince is very interested of design and also works himself in the field.
Perhaps you should take and look up and start studying here in Umeå at the Design School?
- Yes, who knows maybe in the future at some point, said Sofia.

Prince Carl Philip didn´t want to give no further long interview in front of Västerbotten News´ camera. But he promised to think it over ...
- You never know, we'll return in the near future again and then maybe we could, promised the prince, waved goodbye, took Sofia´s hand and walked up to the governor to be treated with some champagne.
Prinsen på oväntat besök i Umeå - Regionala nyheter | svt.se

Last edited:
It´s still the same taxpayers money. And the court and Carl Philip should have told about his studies. Carl Philip said that he wanted to make is exam in peace - now him studying/not studying was written more than ever and the press was calling to his school. I just hope that the court has learned something about it. Carl Philip also had time to spend many weeks in Thailand and South Africa.

1. The money is worked for by the king, so it's earned. Or did you go to your fathers employer and work for the money he gave you as pocket money for a second time?

2. It's not that difficult to put a few books, notes and a netbook in your suitcase and work/learn in Thailand and South Africa, you know.

1. The money is worked for by the king, so it's earned. Or did you go to your fathers employer and work for the money he gave you as pocket money for a second time?

A valid point, KitKat2006. Perhaps the reason some people here disagree is that they enjoyed the benefit of their parents' money until they reached adulthood - age 17-18 or at the latest age 21-22. Most had to obtain work straight after completing high school or university. And then they went on to earn their own wage, pay their own way, etc. Perhaps what prompts some criticisms is that a man over the age of thirty has, since becoming an adult, sporadically attended university, dabbled in design, photography and racing and lives VERY well as a welfare recipient at the behest of his father and funded by taxpayers.

Specifically in regards to this thread, many posters also know that some adult children of rich people may still receive money whether or not they work in the "family firm" but that many of them face losing that money/support from their families if they take up with someone whose behavior has been deemed unacceptable - not just by their privileged standards, but also by the standards of the vast majority of people of all income levels and social groups. Some criticisms come from the fact that Sofia also now benefits from the funds received by CP, through his father, which is ultimately paid by the Swedish people.

Just as you are unrelenting in your defense/admiration of Sofia, many others - right or wrong - are entitled to believe that she has been rather opportunistic and don't see anything in her behavior to change that opinion.

A valid point, KitKat2006. Perhaps the reason some people here disagree is that they enjoyed the benefit of their parents' money until they reached adulthood - age 17-18 or at the latest age 21-22. Most had to obtain work straight after completing high school or university. And then they went on to earn their own wage, pay their own way, etc. Perhaps what prompts some criticisms is that a man over the age of thirty has, since becoming an adult, sporadically attended university, dabbled in design, photography and racing and lives VERY well as a welfare recipient at the behest of his father and funded by taxpayers.

Specifically in regards to this thread, many posters also know that some adult children of rich people may still receive money whether or not they work in the "family firm" but that many of them face losing that money/support from their families if they take up with someone whose behavior has been deemed unacceptable - not just by their privileged standards, but also by the standards of the vast majority of people of all income levels and social groups. Some criticisms come from the fact that Sofia also now benefits from the funds received by CP, through his father, which is ultimately paid by the Swedish people.

Just as you are unrelenting in your defense/admiration of Sofia, many others - right or wrong - are entitled to believe that she has been rather opportunistic and don't see anything in her behavior to change that opinion.

1. In all honesty, CP is working competely without getting paid, because officially he doesn't receive any tax money. So why should he work the same amount as his dad and/or his older sister? He doesn't need to.

2. The SRF do have private money, estates, trust funds, etc that doesn't have anything to do with tax money. And if he wants to live of that it's completely his decision. We don't know if he pays his cars, holidays, dinner dates with Sofia, private clothes, etc from this or from that money. But from logical point I do believe that he pays it from his private money. He would be an idiot if he doesn't. And if he wants to study from that money until he's 50 and buy a new suit for an official event from the tax money his father is receiving and giving him, it's perfectly okay.

Honestly, I don't get why so many users don't see that there's way more money in the family than the apanages for the king and the crownprincess via tax money. Why is it so different to tell this apart? Really, I don't get it.

3. Yes, I am defending Sofia, but I don't admire her. There's a big difference there. I see her for what she is and does now. The past can't be changed. Yes, she made a few bad choices in life but wanting to be famous is not necessarily a bad thing. So many now famous people had the same dream and are now admired from millions of people. Sofia choose a her way and apart from these infamous nude pics she didn't really do anything really wrong. And like I said above, the past is the past and now is now. Now she seems very motivated, does a got job and represents herself and her charity project perfectly. She hasn't done anything to embaress herself or Carl Philip or the other members of the RF since she's involved with CP. So why shouldn't I defense her?I can distinguish the past from the present. It's sad so many others can't.

its not a matter of distinguish the past from the present, if she's doing great things now, good for her, but the thing is that the past will haunt you forever, i mean, we(human beings) can easily forget great achivements (or good actions) but the bad things we all did will be first remenbered than the good things (i dont find any other way to explain this). dont get me wrong, she's doing a good job now, but dont expect me and others here to hit a wall and forget what she did before, unless i get alzheimer. (just joking^^)
well i tried to explain my opinion, i dont like her but i dont hate her either!

Well yet again, if the people who actually matter have left the past in the past and are giving her a second chance, then that is all that matters to me. I don't know what CP is doing with Sophia and if he is planning on marriage; is she the best choice imo, not really. But it is his choice and if she is trying to better herself, then I applaud her.

its not a matter of distinguish the past from the present, if she's doing great things now, good for her, but the thing is that the past will haunt you forever, i mean, we(human beings) can easily forget great achivements (or good actions) but the bad things we all did will be first remenbered than the good things (i dont find any other way to explain this). dont get me wrong, she's doing a good job now, but dont expect me and others here to hit a wall and forget what she did before, unless i get alzheimer. (just joking^^)
well i tried to explain my opinion, i dont like her but i dont hate her either!

The "problem" with this is that human beings don't remember only the bad things because they're not ABLE to remember the good things but because they don't WANT to remember the good things. The reason fpr this is only human. We thrive on looking better than others. Wecan only change this if we DECIDE to remember ALSO the good things. No matter if we look good or bad in comparsion. That's how I decided to live my life. I don't want to be ruled by my subcinscious mind but want to decide myself what I remember and why. I'm not saying I'm completely succeeding with this way of living but it has changed a lot of my point of view and what I remember.

The "problem" with this is that human beings don't remember only the bad things because they're not ABLE to remember the good things but because they don't WANT to remember the good things. The reason fpr this is only human. We thrive on looking better than others. Wecan only change this if we DECIDE to remember ALSO the good things. No matter if we look good or bad in comparsion. That's how I decided to live my life. I don't want to be ruled by my subcinscious mind but want to decide myself what I remember and why. I'm not saying I'm completely succeeding with this way of living but it has changed a lot of my point of view and what I remember.

This is the same tired argument some people in these forums use to try and invalidate the opinions of others with whom they disagree. In essence it implies that you and others of your ilk are somehow better/smarter/more aware than myself and others who have at least here in this thread expressed an opinion different than yours. Rather than wrap up my response in effervescent layers of lavendar and sunshine and hide a very rude response in a passive-aggressive attack as some here seem to do, I prefer an honest, direct approach. Your statement is either wrong or it also applies in the converse. You and others who use this type of response to try and invalidate others' opinions - by your own logic and statements - aren't incapable of seeing the obvious because of some physical infirmity but because, as you said, you only choose to see the good. Putting on rose-colored glasses and ignoring serious behaviorial issues in a person (which in Sofia's case HAVE continued as she has more aggressively pursued fame - nude pics when she was underage notwithstanding) doesn't make those issues go away. It only has the power to make you feel better about your belief system. Personally I prefer to assess people, the world, and the issues in front of me with as much information as possible and to be as informed as possible. I'm glad that you are happy making decisions/establishing beliefs in your life with a narrow view and limited perspective. But just because you have chosen to ignore the "red flags" from Sofia's past as well as those from her current behavior does not make you more correct, more fair or better than anyone else. Because others choose to observe the world with a more pragmatic perspective does not make them wrong, unfair or less than you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iva
:previous:Round of applause for Rascal!
Well said!!

Point. Blank. Period! :D

Last edited:
Its one thing to remember the past, its an entirely different thing to hold it against someone for their entire life.

Rascal you're the best! amen...
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

KitKat2006 i understand your point in making you're statement with most value, but in this kind of topics, we all share diferent opinions and views, dont make yourself better than others here who disagree with you, if you dont like reading others commenting about Sofia's bad previous behaviour, why coming to a thread like this?

Rascal, Crownprincess5, I never said I ONLY want to remember or see the good things but I ALSO want to remember the good things. By all respect, english is your natural tongue not mine. You should know the difference between "only" and "also". And I ALSO (!!!) don't ignore any red flags. No, I RESPECT the fact that people can change. And with all due respect, there are nored flags at all that would prove her not being good enough to be a girlfriend of a prince since she dated said prince. No one is perfect, not you not me and certainly not Sofia. But what does it help to always hit someone with a virtuel baseball bat for something she can't change anyway. Shouldn't 100 times be enough already. Does she really need 200 or 300 times? I think not. I respect that you have your own opinion, but what do you think you archieve if you always and forever hold teenager-decisions and young woman decisions against a grown up woman? That doesn't make any sense to me at all. In my eyes it just shows that you are very, very narrow minded.

NGalitzine, thank you. It seems like you at least understood what I was trying to say.

At the mods, you can warn me if you want. And I'm sure you will because it always comes to a warning when I try to make my point here. But I'll stick to my opinion. I'm happy I am a person with an open mind and heart.

What? You didn't do anything in your teenage years what could be hold against you now in a worst way if you would hypotetically date a prince? If your answer is yes you're either lying or you're not aware what could be "bad" enough in your case.

And honestly, I didn't say it was an intelligent choice of Sofia to do that, but on the other hand it's also not a crime to pose nude or with a snake. This can easily be called youthful carelessness. Just like Harry and the infamous Nazi-Badge. Or Stephanie of Monaco and her attemps at being a popstar. Even the real royals aren't flawless. That's life. So why should a girlfriend of a male royal be completely flawless?

And I know everyone will scream bloody murder for bringing this up but I do it anyway: I'm sure also Emma Pernald wasn't completely flawless. No, she didn't pose nude or with a snake (at least not to my knowledge) but how do we know that there aren't any skeletons in her cellar? I'm sure there are some unfortunate decisions in her early life, too. The media just hasn't uncovered them but maybe they would have if they stayed together? And what then? Suddenly she wouldn't the right one for CP because she ... drove drunk? Tried drugs? Skipped math classes? Used a little white lie in a job interview?

And all this can easily be transfered to every other female on this world. So CP would never ever in his life find the perfect, flawless wife everyone wants him to find. Poor CP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom