Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 1: Jan. 2010 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is very pretty, and if he likes her then good for him! It seems there is always a backlash against the woman when princes start dating them, but in the end they are accepted by the society, as it happened in Mette-Marits, Letizias and Tessy's case.

He's hit the UK, interesting. :)
The article says he broke up with Emma recently, this is not true?

It's been a while since CP and Emma broke up -- definitely last year at some point.

"Sweden's playboy prince has struck up a relationship with a glamour model who posed topless with a python wrapped around her body, forcing the country's much-loved monarchy on to the defensive."

So he's inherited the "playboy" title from his father, I see. :) However, he's only had one major girlfriend, from what I understand... I don't see what constitutes him as a "playboy."

I can also see the point the article suggests with how it would be embarrassing if she showed up at Victoria's wedding. I'm sure she's a nice girl, but wholesome and endearing she is not.

If they are in a relationship than I don't see why she will not be at his sister's wedding. I am sure if he was still with Emma she would have been a bridesmaid. So I would not be surprised if Sofia was at the wedding sitting with the family.

If they are in a relationship than I don't see why she will not be at his sister's wedding. I am sure if he was still with Emma she would have been a bridesmaid. So I would not be surprised if Sofia was at the wedding sitting with the family.

But CP and Emma were a couple for ten years, whereas he's only been in a relationship with Sofia around eight months or so. I do not think that they are in a firm enough relationship yet for Sofia to be sitting with the royal family. I really do think he's just sowing his wild oats with this one.

ITA, Jonquil -- people usually only bring established partners to important family events like a wedding, and even if these two are in a relationship, it's not been that long at this point.

I'd be surprised to see CP with a date at this wedding for another reason, too: this wedding is such a public event for Sweden that the royal family are almost really "on duty" for the day. They're not going to be there merely there to relax and watch Victoria get married. They'll be there to represent the Bernadotte family and the Swedish nation as a whole.

So he's inherited the "playboy" title from his father, I see. :) However, he's only had one major girlfriend, from what I understand... I don't see what constitutes him as a "playboy."

I think they are calling him a playboy because he is dating a glamour model-reality star.

Vanity Fair has an article entitled "First Topless Models, Now Infidelity Allegations-What's with the Swedish Royals?" from April 28th. It mentions several different royals but its main topic is Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist (and Princess Madeleine's broken engagement situation).

First Topless Models, Now Infidelity Allegations—What's with Swedish Royals? | VF Daily | Vanity Fair

"Sweden's Queen Silvia and King Carl XVI Gustaf have had a rough few weeks. First, news broke that their seemingly reserved son, Prince Carl Philip, had begun dating racy model Sofia Hellqvist following his breakup with his girlfriend of nearly a decade. Queen Silvia would be shocked to hear that Hellqvist's illustrious portfolio includes a photo-op makeout session with Jenna Jameson..."

From what I understand, this "photo-op makeout session" was done in 2005. Miss Hellqvist talks about it in an interview with Aftonbladet, in which she refers to it as "memorable":

"Paradise Hotel"-stjärnan Sofia Hellqvist kysstes med porrstjärnan | Dokusåpa | TV | Nöjesbladet | Aftonbladet

Jonas and Madeleine's engagement being called off has put Carl Philip and his "new" girlfriend Sofia out of the headlines for a while. I really doubt that Sofia will appear at Victoria's wedding - CP's ex Emma has been invited as it is reported as she remains a close friend of Victoria and Madeleine

Extra magazine in Sweden has new photos of CP and S. together, probably coming out of his place. He is carrying her bag???( Oh Lord) And still he looks like hiding.

Aftonbladet reported yesterday that it was S. Idea to go to Värmland on Easter. She "invited" him. Good Lord she really knows how to wrap him around her fingers! So it is very possible that the press was there on Easter because they got a call from her direction IMO!!

This is so much like kindergarden and if I was Swedish I would feel like the Prince was making fun of his own folks by cheating?! Why does he not confess it that
he at least is seeing her?

Extra magazine in Sweden has new photos of CP and S. together, probably coming out of his place. He is carrying her bag???( Oh Lord) And still he looks like hiding.

Aftonbladet reported yesterday that it was S. Idea to go to Värmland on Easter. She "invited" him. Good Lord she really knows how to wrap him around her fingers! So it is very possible that the press was there on Easter because they got a call from her direction IMO!!

This is so much like kindergarden and if I was Swedish I would feel like the Prince was making fun of his own folks by cheating?! Why does he not confess it that
he at least is seeing her?

Even though there are pictures of them together and now it's pretty out in the open that they're kind of an item, the fact that he doesn't comment on any of it and says that he's single makes me think that he might be a little ashamed of her? I'm sure she's a nice girl but she hasn't really made the best career moves. I'm not entirely sure, since he's also quite shy in general.

Even though there are pictures of them together and now it's pretty out in the open that they're kind of an item, the fact that he doesn't comment on any of it and says that he's single makes me think that he might be a little ashamed of her? I'm sure she's a nice girl but she hasn't really made the best career moves. I'm not entirely sure, since he's also quite shy in general.

Well William has never openly come out and said that he is dating Kate Middleton. Only Harry has said, once, that Chelsy Davy is his girlfriend.
If he says he's not single, and that he is dating this girl, that will immediately throw open all the doors for the press to harrass this girl senseless. She might not be ready for that yet, they may not have decided if what they have is serious.
I do not see at all that this Sofia will attend the weddinf of Princess Victoria, and she will certainly not sit with the family at the top table.

Obviously he must be ashamed and I don't think he loves her or that it is really serious for him. She was not at his birthday dinner last night and she is not mentioned on Victorias Wedding Guest List. If there were feelings and both were a couple he would have insisted that she is invited.
Carl Philip seems to be a nice and naive guy. Sofia on the other hand seems to have a lot of ..let us say "experience" with men. (google Photos of her on the internet, you can find a lot of her at parties with men). I think she is playing her game with him and is trying to get him on the hook. And if he is not careful she might be pregnant one day soon. She honey-combs him and perhaps he does not even realize (???). Girls are smart about that. (I have to know, I am one!).
She is pretty, no question and she surely has a lot of "experience" ..."qualities" and Carl Philip is a man. (...YOU KNOW ...!!!)
If it is really true that it was HER idea, inviting him for a Easter Holiday then I really think it could be even true that someone from her party told the press, so that there were pictures in the paper, so all the gossip would start, talks and headlines about her being his girlfriend (as he does not confess anything himself). I would not wonder if she wanted to create public pressure on him as she can't tell him directly. (wouls show her plans too obviously)
Carl Philip must know that people do not talk nice about her and if he loved her he would come forward and admitting a relationship and standing by her. And if Sofia had serious feelings for him she would be deeply hurt by now as he seems to be too ashamed to go public with her. So it seems more clear that she trying to reach her goal only. Poor Carl Philip if he is too "stupid" to check that. I just hope his family keeps his mind a bit on the ground.
If it was love - I mean real love - noone could do anything about that and should not. But obviously (it was January when the first headlines were printed) this is just a kindergarden-game with sex involved. Let us just hope Carl Philip will not be one of the many men who see the truth when it is too late. Sofia is the wrong girl for him, she is just trying to find a safe position for her own future, it is not about HIM. There are so many girls like her out there and she must feel really great to be the one finally to be in this place now. After all she is having an affair with the Prince of Sweden and this will last forever in her CV. THAT she already has safe.
Does anyone know what Sofia is doing now actually? (besides being at Carl Philips place)She is living in Stockholm, but is she working or going to school? Interesting question. What kind of school degree does she have?

Well William has never openly come out and said that he is dating Kate Middleton. Only Harry has said, once, that Chelsy Davy is his girlfriend.
If he says he's not single, and that he is dating this girl, that will immediately throw open all the doors for the press to harrass this girl senseless. She might not be ready for that yet, they may not have decided if what they have is serious.
I do not see at all that this Sofia will attend the weddinf of Princess Victoria, and she will certainly not sit with the family at the top table.

Sofia is a public girl for years. She was in Paradise Hotel and gave interviews before. And the press is already jumping on her (and not in a nice way). If she was a girl from the country, unknown and completely unfamiliar with public press then I would guess Carl Philip just tried to protect her, but not Sofia. I am sure it would just be positive for her position at his side if he would confess it. And that he doesn't.
Strange if that was honest love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously he must be ashamed and I don't think he loves her or that it is really serious for him. She was not at his birthday dinner last night and she is not mentioned on Victorias Wedding Guest List. If there were feelings and both were a couple he would have insisted that she is invited.?

This is your opinion, if Sophia felt Carl-Philip was ashamed of her, she obviously would have the common sense to leave, because no girl should have to put up with that. Were there any pictures from last night? Just because she didn't have her picture taken doesn't mean she wasn't there.
Okay they've been "seeing each other" for what a few months, he could harldy ask to be invited to his sisters wedding considering who she is and the guest list.

Carl Philip seems to be a nice and naive guy. Sofia on the other hand seems to have a lot of ..let us say "experience" with men. (google Photos of her on the internet, you can find a lot of her at parties with men). I think she is playing her game with him and is trying to get him on the hook. And if he is not careful she might be pregnant one day soon. She honey-combs him and perhaps he does not even realize (???). Girls are smart about that. (I have to know, I am one!).

I've had "experience" with men, i've dated quite a few that doesn't mean she isn't a nice person, actually that probably means she is a nice, fun loving person to be around. I'm sure Carl-Philip is sensible enough not to get his girlfriend pregnant, you think this woman would be that manipulative?

She is pretty, no question and she surely has a lot of "experience" ..."qualities" and Carl Philip is a man. (...YOU KNOW ...!!!)
If it is really true that it was HER idea, inviting him for a Easter Holiday then I really think it could be even true that someone from her party told the press, so that there were pictures in the paper, so all the gossip would start, talks and headlines about her being his girlfriend (as he does not confess anything himself). I would not wonder if she wanted to create public pressure on him as she can't tell him directly. (wouls show her plans too obviously)

Just because one of her friends tipped of the press, doesn't mean she told them too. Could mean, ooo wait, that they wanted some money, or some attention? They were at his house for easter yes? Do you think she would just invite herself over, actually you probably do.

Carl Philip must know that people do not talk nice about her and if he loved her he would come forward and admitting a relationship and standing by her. And if Sofia had serious feelings for him she would be deeply hurt by now as he seems to be too ashamed to go public with her. So it seems more clear that she trying to reach her goal only. Poor Carl Philip if he is too "stupid" to check that. I just hope his family keeps his mind a bit on the ground.

Lots of people have not talked too kindle about Prince Williams girlfriend, or Prince Harrys girlfriend but have they ever come forward and said look this is harsh, it's not true? No they haven't. He can stand by her and not get the press involved. She might be deeply hurt, how are we suppose to no? We do not have a day to day diary of how she feels. You can't interpret that from what little information we are given.

If it was love - I mean real love - noone could do anything about that and should not. But obviously (it was January when the first headlines were printed) this is just a kindergarden-game with sex involved. Let us just hope Carl Philip will not be one of the many men who see the truth when it is too late. Sofia is the wrong girl for him, she is just trying to find a safe position for her own future, it is not about HIM. There are so many girls like her out there and she must feel really great to be the one finally to be in this place now. After all she is having an affair with the Prince of Sweden and this will last forever in her CV. THAT she already has safe.

That certainly isn't obvious to me? So your saying she's just a friend with benefits? Well if thats the case you must have a low opinion of Carl-Philip if you think he would settle for that. How on earth do you know what Sofia's past relaionships have been like? She is not having an affair with Carl-Philip that would imply that he is married, and he is cheating on his wife, which is as far as I know, is not the case. You can't put slept with the Prince Of Sweden on her CV to get her a modelling job.

Does anyone know what Sofia is doing now actually? (besides being at Carl Philips place)She is living in Stockholm, but is she working or going to school? Interesting question. What kind of school degree does she have?

She's a model. No one knows about what degree she got or anything like that.

You have absolutely no idea what Sofia is actually like, you are making assumptions and rather horrible ones about her, saying that she is just practically a user.

Sofia is a public girl for years. She was in Paradise Hotel and gave interviews before. And the press is already jumping on her (and not in a nice way). If she was a girl from the country, unknown and completely unfamiliar with public press then I would guess Carl Philip just tried to protect her, but not Sofia. I am sure it would just be positive for her position at his side if he would confess it. And that he doesn't.
Strange if that was honest love.

How are the press suppose to react to a new girlfriend? Treat her with kindness and friendlyness. They don't exactly treat Kate Middleton in a nice way, but she manages to put up with it. Just because she has been in the public eye that means she has not right to be protected by the man she is seeing? We don't know whats going on in their relationshiop, it could be honest true love, and i don't think Carl-Philip is stupid enough to fall for a girl who will use him.

You seem to protect Sofia even (???)

- I have seen photos of Sofia from former parties and she had her hands on mens pants. I don't need to know her actually to think what kind of girl she is. Surely this is only my opinion. You seem to have a higher opinion about her obviously and it is your right. But let me have mine please! I have met these "kind of girl" a lot. They mostly hang around in Clubs on weekends.
- Yes I do think she is calculating!!! After all she posted on Twitter last year already that she was with Carl Philip. (Quote:"don't say anyone it is a secret".) I have read that several times on the internet. Her account was deleted by Winter 2009 it was said. I am sorry, but you don't post on Twitter if I want something to remain a secret.
-Last night: there were photos of Carl Philip arriving at his birthday dinner in his car, he was alone.
-Of course I do not know Sofia and I don't know Carl Philip. Who knows, maybe it is HIM using HER for some fun even? Iti s just what I personally think of the case.
- I just don't understand why people keep comparing her and CP with Kate and William, that is something different I think. Before people compared Emma and CP with them both?!!! So what now?
-Is Sofia really still a model? She is working? Where are her pictures then? In fact this is not important really but if she has in mind to marry Carl Philip she better has a good job because people in Sweden will have to get up every early morning, going to work to earn the tax-money that she will be paid from.
- Do I think low of Carl Philip? Actually no, I don't know him, but he seems to have deserved better than some type of girl Sofia seems to be.
-If it is love I wish them both the best but I doubt. And Carl Philip is putting a lot of bad image on the whole Royal Family in Sweden that way, with his behaviour. And this is a Royal Forum, so it is not just about private life. It is all connected.

You have "experience with men" lumutqueen?? So would you put yourself in the category with Sofia??

Personally, I at first, thought that he was ashamed of her. I think she knew a prince was single and tried to come into his life to make her look better. I'm not saying that's exactly what happened, but it is a possibility. For some reason, I have a weird feeling about this entire situation. Something is not quite right. I do not think he loves her. People use love so easily nowadays. I think Carl Philip is having fun. He's been in one relationship too long and in the words of King Jaffe-Joffa he's "sowing his royal oats". If you know what I mean. He's having fun with her. He won't present her to daddy and parliament for marriage, that would be too bad. Sofia's track record just isn't good. I've read some of the things she's done and it makes me wonder if Carl Philip is with her for that reason alone. Which he probably is.

We can't put Kate Middleton with Sofia. They are two different people with two very different track records. Secondly, they've known each other how long? For a few months I think and she's already staying the night? Sounds to me like the relationship may have been built on lust.

True, nobody knows just who Sofia is, but whatever happened to discernment? Whatever happened to looking beyond the physical to the soul of man? I'm sorry to say this, but in Hollywood, manipulating people to get where you need to be, is a common thing. Women marry rich, wealthy men for what they have. People in Hollywood oftentimes manipulate situations for themselves. So really it's not impossible.

I think Carl needs to start thinking with his heart and look at the situation from the outside. But like I said before, he's intelligent and I think he knows what he's doing.

I'm not protecting her, i'm just expressing my opinion about her, which happens to contradict with yours.
Because i could compare them to all royal relationship, they will all got through the same thing.
After a 10 year relationship, i can understand that he is intitled to some fun, and if that is all she is, i can understand why he isn't getting her involved with the press.
I'm letting you have your opinion, i am just contradicting it with my opinion.
I don't think she'd do shoots every single day, and why would we see pictures, unless the press got there hands on them.
You said that it was a kindergarten game with sex, that would include both of them just being in it for sex, which is fine in some cases.
But Madeleines cheating boyfriend, hardly puts the royal family in a good image.

I haven't stayed with one man for my entire life, i obviously don't put myself in the same category, due to age. But just because she has had a few men on her doesn't make her a bad person.

I put compare them with Kate because she is a royal companion, which presumable Sofia is. A few months and they are staying the night at each others house doesn't lead me to the conclusion that its based on lust. How long should they have waited to go to each others houses?
Hollywood isn't Stockholm. Carl-Philip is smart enough to see if Sofia was using him

You seem to protect Sofia even (???)

- I have seen photos of Sofia from former parties and she had her hands on mens pants. I don't need to know her actually to think what kind of girl she is. Surely this is only my opinion. You seem to have a higher opinion about her obviously and it is your right. But let me have mine please! I have met these "kind of girl" a lot. They mostly hang around in Clubs on weekends.
- Yes I do think she is calculating!!! After all she posted on Twitter last year already that she was with Carl Philip. (Quote:"don't say anyone it is a secret".) I have read that several times on the internet. Her account was deleted by Winter 2009 it was said. I am sorry, but you don't post on Twitter if I want something to remain a secret.
-Last night: there were photos of Carl Philip arriving at his birthday dinner in his car, he was alone.
-Of course I do not know Sofia and I don't know Carl Philip. Who knows, maybe it is HIM using HER for some fun even? Iti s just what I personally think of the case.
- I just don't understand why people keep comparing her and CP with Kate and William, that is something different I think. Before people compared Emma and CP with them both?!!! So what now?
-Is Sofia really still a model? She is working? Where are her pictures then? In fact this is not important really but if she has in mind to marry Carl Philip she better has a good job because people in Sweden will have to get up every early morning, going to work to earn the tax-money that she will be paid from.
- Do I think low of Carl Philip? Actually no, I don't know him, but he seems to have deserved better than some type of girl Sofia seems to be.
-If it is love I wish them both the best but I doubt. And Carl Philip is putting a lot of bad image on the whole Royal Family in Sweden that way, with his behaviour. And this is a Royal Forum, so it is not just about private life. It is all connected.

I agree. I think sometimes people look at situations with rose-colored glasses. Sometimes be a realist and see it for what it really is. I agree with you.

I think every person has the right to have opinions, it is ok.

I agree, Carl Philip needs to look with his heart. I am sure there is a girl out there calling for his soul somewhere, one that is honest with him. Perhaps he is not ready for her yet and needs to get his own things done before he can go on with his life.
I really just hope though that Sofia is not manipulating him for her own cause. Even if he knows what he is doing, she is too and only one of them can be "winner" in the end, I mean if she got pregnant..(girls can manage that if they really want to) ..so I just can wish Carl Philip not to go too far with his play and be really careful. And he should not go on too long like that, it is not good for his own ability to love someone deeply later. A relationship that is based on lust and sex and is being lived quite some time (with the press and public talking about love) both could perhaps start to think what they have IS love...which is not.

I am sure the right girl for Carl Philip is already out there and deep down in his soul he knows that hopefully.

(about Jonas: he is not part of the Royal Family and he is not even connected to them any longer, so what he has done only reflects on him, not on the Swedish Royals in general. I even think people have even more sympathy for Medeleine now than before a wedding.)

Obviously he must be ashamed and I don't think he loves her or that it is really serious for him. She was not at his birthday dinner last night and she is not mentioned on Victorias Wedding Guest List. If there were feelings and both were a couple he would have insisted that she is invited.
Ohh come on! There´s just no way that Carl-Philip could invite his girlfriend to Victorias wedding (maybe he would have been able to with Emman but only beacause they had been partners for so long and where more or less official) the press would be all over the poor girl. And you or I don´t know anything about their relations - only the stuff that we read in the newspapers, wich you can´t really trust - so don´t say that you know what kind of girl she is or what she or he feels. We can only speculate - but we can´t be sure. Only time will tell.

I don't see CP as naive or anything like that, he must be around thirty so he is experienced. And he knows the reputation of his girlfriend so he knows where he was getting into, if she catches him with a pregnancy he is a fool then. Imo they are just using each other, but who know maybe they will end married although I really doubt it.

Ohh come on! There´s just no way that Carl-Philip could invite his girlfriend to Victorias wedding (maybe he would have been able to with Emman but only beacause they had been partners for so long and where more or less official) the press would be all over the poor girl. And you or I don´t know anything about their relations - only the stuff that we read in the newspapers, wich you can´t really trust - so don´t say that you know what kind of girl she is or what she or he feels. We can only speculate - but we can´t be sure. Only time will tell.

As far as I know, Emma and Jonas are even invited! Emma is still friends with the sisters but ...she is also Carls Ex! She is even invited and Jonas too. It is not said that they show up but to me this is a clear answer on Sofia, after all she is not!
And by the way the press never wrote anything about Carl not loving that girl, it is rather the other way round and yes, right, they don't know anything.
Just the fact that Carl Philip still is hiding with her makes me come to the conclusion that there can't be love (with all the public voices on the case)
Carl has to know what he is doing, true! Actually...we all think that....

I don't see CP as naive or anything like that, he must be around thirty so he is experienced. And he knows the reputation of his girlfriend so he knows where he was getting into, if she catches him with a pregnancy he is a fool then. Imo they are just using each other, but who know maybe they will end married although I really doubt it.

I think age has nothing to do with a guy going naive or in the worst case "stupid" when it comes to a certain girl. That is the "weapon of a woman"-thing and is created by nature. Even the smartest man can go gaga for a woman.

I had a look at the official calender and saw that Carl Philip has only a few official duties to do during the whole year ???!!! Why? Is he too busy? (yeah, with Sofia, obviously). He can't be studying as he is too often somewhere else. He does not have a job. (designing one or two things in one year is not "working", but a hobby that he gets paid for), and he has car-races every 2nd weekend until October.
One could think this Prince cares for nothing but himself. I also don't think that his "charity work" is his idea but is orginzed by the Palace. He just gives his name and that's it. One headline in the news to give him a better image in public. But has he ever showed up at the new borns organization or at this Cancer Foundation? He is probably not even interested, let alone does he make those choices by himself.
The Court should involve him more with duties, after all the Tax-Payer pays him.
Look at other Princes in Europe and on what they are doing? They build companies and get up to go to work every morning. I think Carl has his thoughts in the clouds, he enjoys a lot of fun in his life and is only doing things that HE likes. He never has to worry about loosing a job or having no money to live by. I can't imagine that he was raised like that because Victoria is the complete opposite and also Medeleine is doing great work for Childhood. Carl Philip has just too much spare-time for himself. That is why he can keep himself busy with Sofia. I mean: What a life! Car-Racing on Weekends, partying with friends, once in a while a dinner, and a hot girlfriend in bed. He is 31, but I think he still needs to grow up!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with everything PixieDust and CrownPrincess5 have written. Welcome to the Forum Pixie Dust!

He is part of the Royal Family of Sweden, he represents Sweden for his part. What would a strange person from a foreign country think of Swedish Poeple when he was told that Carl Philip represents them? Spoiled, just thinking of their own pleasures, paying way too much money for champagne, party, pullute the enviroment with car-racing almost every weekend, not working, and being superficial with model-girlfriends.....(???)

I had a look at the official calender and saw that Carl Philip has only a few official duties to do during the whole year ???!!! Why? Is he too busy?

I was checking the calendars of Carl Philip and Madeleine. This year so far Carl Philip has attended 7 official duties (I counted the Winter Olympics as one event and the Swedish Rally as one event) and Madeleine 3 official duties (I counted her work at the Childhood in NY as one).

As far as I know, Emma and Jonas are even invited! Emma is still friends with the sisters but ...she is also Carls Ex! She is even invited and Jonas too. It is not said that they show up but to me this is a clear answer on Sofia, after all she is not!
And by the way the press never wrote anything about Carl not loving that girl, it is rather the other way round and yes, right, they don't know anything.
Just the fact that Carl Philip still is hiding with her makes me come to the conclusion that there can't be love (with all the public voices on the case)
Carl has to know what he is doing, true! Actually...we all think that....

This list was written before the breakup. The government would'nt of thought to modify the list. Emma is friends with the girls, just because she is Carls Ex shiuldn't stop her from coming to the wedding. We don't know how long they have been seeing each other, but there is no way she would be invited to this wedding. He may not have decided that there relationship is serious yet, they may have not said I Love You yet. Carl Philip has the mind to know that if he announces his relationship with this woman she will be hounded from day to night.

I think age has nothing to do with a guy going naive or in the worst case "stupid" when it comes to a certain girl. That is the "weapon of a woman"-thing and is created by nature. Even the smartest man can go gaga for a woman.

Age has everything to do with being naive and stupid. A 12 year old has a different mind friend to a 31 year old don't they?

I had a look at the official calender and saw that Carl Philip has only a few official duties to do during the whole year ???!!! Why? Is he too busy? (yeah, with Sofia, obviously). He can't be studying as he is too often somewhere else.

He has pretty much the same duties as Prince William and Prince Harry, I reference them because they are in the same position as him.

He does not have a job. (designing one or two things in one year is not "working", but a hobby that he gets paid for), and he has car-races every 2nd weekend until October.

And whats the problem with that?

One could think this Prince cares for nothing but himself. I also don't think that his "charity work" is his idea but is orginzed by the Palace. He just gives his name and that's it. One headline in the news to give him a better image in public. But has he ever showed up at the new borns organization or at this Cancer Foundation? He is probably not even interested, let alone does he make those choices by himself.

I don't think that. The palace are obviously going to tell him to do certain events. I don't think it was personally any royals ideas to have there own foundations or visit charities. They are given patronages to look after, they understand they have to do charity work else they will be seen has careless and cold hearted.

The Court should involve him more with duties, after all the Tax-Payer pays him.
Look at other Princes in Europe and on what they are doing? They build companies and get up to go to work every morning. I think Carl has his thoughts in the clouds, he enjoys a lot of fun in his life and is only doing things that HE likes. He never has to worry about loosing a job or having no money to live by. I can't imagine that he was raised like that because Victoria is the complete opposite and also Medeleine is doing great work for Childhood. Carl Philip has just too much spare-time for himself. That is why he can keep himself busy with Sofia. I mean: What a life! Car-Racing on Weekends, partying with friends, once in a while a dinner, and a hot girlfriend in bed. He is 31, but I think he still needs to grow up!

No they don't. No other princes of Europe goes to work. They work for their royal family, but they do not have jobs of there own. The only Prince you can really compare CP is Prince Joachim of Denmark, Prince Harry of Wales.

Carl- Philip has done 7 events this year so far, wheres Princess Madeleine has done just 3.Car Racing is a hobbie he shouldn't be criticised for having a hobbie. Prince Frederik has sailing, Prince William and Harry have polo.

He is part of the Royal Family of Sweden, he represents Sweden for his part. What would a strange person from a foreign country think of Swedish Poeple when he was told that Carl Philip represents them? Spoiled, just thinking of their own pleasures, paying way too much money for champagne, party, pullute the enviroment with car-racing almost every weekend, not working, and being superficial with model-girlfriends.....(???)

What would they think of our royals?
Prince William nor Harry work that hard with royal duties? Yes they are on training, but they go out at night more than they do royal duties. Neither of there girlfriends are models, but they are pretty much as controversial. You could say that CP doesn't pollute the environment, he goes out car racing not that regulary, whereas every other royal goes out on a daily basis to work.
He is dating a model, how is he being superficial.
He shouldn't be criticised for having a good time, and having a girlfriend. If the royals really minded i'm sure they would've made sure that CP got rid of her.

lumutqueen, you seem to compare everything what other Royal Families do with Harry and William. (???)
I have to disagree with you. You can't compare Carl Philip with them. William for example slept in the street with homeless in Winter, they travel to countries where there is war to inform themselves what is going on. Carl Philip does not involve himself in action-charity. Going to the Olympics and a Race is ..still fun.
And I think other Royal Families in Europe do more than what he is doing, if it is just painting a kindergarden on a weekend.
Is it bad if he has fun and does car-racing, actually no. But there is no balance. In his spare time he can do what ever he wants of course but the question is: what is Carl Philips spare time really?
He was born Prince, not his fault. But he has to know, with 31, that he also represents his country as Prince. He should care more about things and not just go where the Palace is directing him. If he is not interested in these things, fine too. But then he should think about resigning from his title. Noone would criticize him ever for the life he is now living because it was his own business. But as I said, people in Sweden pay him in some way.
Just one example: Last week Victoria rushed to Seattle, USA (I think she must have a lot of things to deal with right now), while Carl Philip was car-racing and having Sofia in his apartment to have some fun? (see the photos) This is what I mean with .."no balance".

To put it mildly: Both, Madeleine and Carl Philip, don´t have the same working ethics as Princess Anne ;)
Of late I am seeing a change, they are both more and more received as spoilt middle aged brats by many and not longer as "students in school"
Will be interesting to see, how the court will react.

I am also wondering, when/if the Prince would finally do something in his function as protector of Lilla Barnet (newborns)

I don´t think he should confirm her as girlfriend before they have not dated for a year at least. He (and also Victoria) went for the same way with Emma (Daniel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom