Possible names for the new Lord or Lady Wessex

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don´t you all think it´s a bit too early to start discussing baby names? Considering the fact that Sophie had quite some problems with her other pregnancies it might be a bad omen and I´m still afraid the pregnancy won´t go well.

As the daughter of a head maternity nurse I will refrain from guessing names as well, until Baby 2 and Sophie are safe and well.
My mom always advises new parents to not buy anything until late third trimester and get out the baby name book when the docter cuts the umbilical cord.

I don't think that if the baby will be a boy that he is named Henry. Because the first name of his cousin, Prince Harry, is originally called Henry. That wouldn't fit in my opinion.
I think that the boy will called George Christopher Edward Philip.
If the baby will be a girl I would like to hear that it is named Alexandra Mary Sophie Elisabeth.

How about Philip Christopher Edward George? :)

I think Philipa,Edwina, Adelaide are good names that "go" with Louise and how about Alfred,Malcolm or Geoffrey if it's a boy?:flowers:
Wittykitty

How about Philip Christopher Edward George? :)

i like this choice of names...

Philip Christopher Edward George goes well with Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary.

i'm also beginning to like the choice of Philippa for a girl...she could be called Pippa for short :)
Philippa Victoria Helen Rose

new name

How about older names from History and new name mixed eg:

Lord Harold Kevin Winston
Lady Ethel Kylie Florence

then you get the best of both worlds

I like Helena.

I hope for a traditional name, but maybe not Elizabeth or Mary since those have been used so often.

Ohh, thanks you :flowers:. I love Helena to, is my name... what a supreise this new baby :ohmy:, i sinsarily think thats is the babys fot this royal famely until the grand children strat married... but is a wonderful new :lol::wub:

I like the name Hannah Victoria but I'm not counting on it. I think Mary would be a good choice. I think the name Philip for a boy would be a good tribute to the Duke of Edinburgh.

For some reason, I don't think it will be ELizabeth. I do think that when William has a daughter there is a good chance of her name being Elizabeth.

Mary is a strong possibility. However, we are talking about the Earl and the Countess of Wessex, they may surprise us all!

I agree that the names will probably surprise us. After all, I was quite surpised with "Louise" -- and its a lovely name. If its a girl, one of her names will be Elizabeth, but not the first name. And if a boy, I'm betting Christopher. :)

I would say Josephine, Helen or Eleanor for a baby girl.
James, Patrick or George for a boy.

If it is a girl:
Louise's four names are: Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary

Charlotte was one of the "big" names when we guessed for Isabella of Denmark - and it does have a connection to the British royals (even if Charlotte Augusta died in labour), and sounds/looks okay with Louise. The only issue is the uncle Charles, with whom Edward (the production company) has had his tiffs.

One could perhaps also see to other royals who's had a Louise for a sister? Queen Victoria's daughters: Alice is a lovely name, but used already in the sister's name. Victoria or Helena?(perhaps a nod to Sophie's second name Helen?) Beatrice is already in use in this generation.

Edward VII's daughters: Victoria again, or Maud...

Louis Mountbatten's daughters - where Queen Louise of Sweden was one of them - here we have Alice again, as in the mother of Prince Philip.

Given Sophie's mother's name is also a fairly common name among royals... but already in use with the Lady Louise.

My guess: Victoria Charlotte Anne Helena

I always find it easier to suggest names for girls, but I'll give it a suggestion for a boy as well.

If it is a boy: George/Philip? Christopher David Edward.

Oh, this is too much fun; let's roll up our sleeves and begin! :lol:

Boys: I think Phillip will definitely factor into the name somewhere for reasons aforementioned by our astute Forum friends.

Albert seems like a possibility, too.

Something very Scottish like Robert would be wise if the young man stands to grow up to become Duke of Edinburgh.

Phillip Edward Robert

Phillip Frederick Albert

Albert Phillip Edward

Girls:

Mary Adelaide Sophie

Mary Charlotte Georgina

Mary Augusta Victoria

Phillipa Elizabeth Alice

Katherine Phillipa Sophie (who has thought of Katherine of Valois in a while, huh?)

Amelia Sophie Elizabeth (daughter of George III, C of W, HM)

Girl: Anna Victoria -- -- ? / Anna Victoria Katherine Sophie
Helena Alexandra Anne Charlotte

Boy: Charles Phillip George Edward
Henry James Edward

For a girl: Hannah Victoria Charlotte

For a boy: Patrick Rhys Phillip

I'm rooting for a boy, so all I have is boy names. I think that it will be Philip or George for a boy. BTW, what will his title be?

How about
girl: Gloria, Violet, Rose, Angelica or Marjorie...

boy: Stepehn, Alastair, Mathew, Louis...

:D

Last edited:
I'm rooting for a boy, so all I have is boy names. I think that it will be Philip or George for a boy. BTW, what will his title be?

A boy would be known as Viscount Severn. Another girl would be Lady X Mountbatten-Windsor

I like Alice. Princess Alice of Wessex, or Lady Alice Windsor as she'll probably be called, sounds regal and is a well-established family name.

I can't think of any boys' names, but I do like the astute suggestion, Robert, on the basis that any boy will one day be Duke of Edinburgh.

I don't like Phillip and I think that there have been quite enough Georges of recent times. And hasn't Charles said that he'll be known as King George VII when he ascends the throne?

I am choosing :
Charlotte Alexandra for a girl.
Christian Phillip for a boy.

:flowers:

I like Alice. Princess Alice of Wessex, or Lady Alice Windsor as she'll probably be called, sounds regal and is a well-established family name.

I can't think of any boys' names, but I do like the astute suggestion, Robert, on the basis that any boy will one day be Duke of Edinburgh.

I don't like Phillip and I think that there have been quite enough Georges of recent times. And hasn't Charles said that he'll be known as King George VII when he ascends the throne?

Charles publicly hasn't said this at all.

It has been reported by 'friends' that he has said this in private but whenever this story emerges other 'friends' say that he hasn't decided.

We will only know what name he decides to use at his accession council when he will formally tell the world.

Until then anything else is speculation only. Even if he has said to someone that he thinks, at the moment, that he will use George, he could change his mind between now and then.

As for the names for the baby Wessex I expect that both Philip and Elizabeth would be considered somewhere this year but I wouldn't be surprised if they choose some more unusual names as well.

I love Alice too. I actually thought that was going to the Lady Louise's name. But they gave it to her as a second name; Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary, and so I think that eliminates Alice as a name for a second daughter.

If it's a girl I think Anne will be part of the name because Edward has always had a close relationship with his sister the Princess Royal.

I can see something like
Anne Victoria Helena Rose

or Helena Anne Victoria Rose

Since Alice,Elizabeth and Mary have already be uses for Lady Louise I don't see them being use again.

For a boy I think James ,Christopher Phillip or Robert are a good choices.I could also see Edward or Andrew as part ot the name but not Charles given their genral lack of closeness.

I think boy and girl set of twis would be great!:flowers:

Last edited:
How about

Victoria Alexandra Mary Elizabeth Camilla

and ask the Duchess of Cornwall to be a godmother?

I don't think they'll use Henry as a first name for a boy, since Prince Harry, I think, will only in the most formal occasions be known as Prince Henry, so that might get confusing. It would be a nice middle name, however. I would be surprised if they used Katharine or any of its variants for a girl, as if William marries Kate Middleton, also probably be known as Catherine in formal situations, to feel free of confusement.

Boy Names:
1. Philip Charles Edward Louis
2. George Edward Henry Robert

Girl Names:
1. Helena Alexandra Margaret Sophie

Oh, golly gosh, Penny Lane - twins! Poor Sophie! She had so much bother with her last pregnancy I can only hope that this one will be much less complicated, and twins certainly ain't easy.

I suppose that if the baby is a boy then Phillip will feature somewhere. All I really have against it is that there are a lot of Phillips around, as well as there being too many Georges (in my opinion, of course!). The only names which we can be certain that the baby won't be called are 'David' and 'Wallis'!

I also hope that you're right Chrissy57 and that Charles doesn't proclaim that he'll be known as George VII. Like his mother, I think Charles an excellent, manly name, and Charles III would particularly gratify the Scots, inter alia, in the UK.

Wasn't Sophie's father's name Christopher? I think that rather attractive, and highly possible.

The only names which we can be certain that the baby won't be called are 'David' and 'Wallis'!

Viscount Linley's first name is David

Girls names:

-Victoria Eugenia.
-Sophie Charlotte
-Louise Helena

Boys names:

-Robert Edward
-Georges Albert Philip
-Andrew Philip

Vanesa.

Oh, golly gosh, Penny Lane - twins! Poor Sophie! She had so much bother with her last pregnancy I can only hope that this one will be much less complicated, and twins certainly ain't easy.

I suppose that if the baby is a boy then Phillip will feature somewhere. All I really have against it is that there are a lot of Phillips around, as well as there being too many Georges (in my opinion, of course!). The only names which we can be certain that the baby won't be called are 'David' and 'Wallis'!

I also hope that you're right Chrissy57 and that Charles doesn't proclaim that he'll be known as George VII. Like his mother, I think Charles an excellent, manly name, and Charles III would particularly gratify the Scots, inter alia, in the UK.

Wasn't Sophie's father's name Christopher? I think that rather attractive, and highly possible.
Of course I always like the idea of twins-that's just me. I do hope Sophie has a very safe pregnancy and an uneventful one.I do think your right about Christopher being her fathers name.I think Christopher,Christina or Chirstine would be great choices:cool:

Maybe OT, but a boy would be Viscount Severn, right? And a girl would be Lady _________, is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom