Photo Shoot for Alexia's Second Birthday: June 26, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anybody please tell us what Amalia has been saying in the second video?

Last edited:
Princess Alexia crying for cake

my goodness Amalia has grown up so much, she's got such a happy outgoing personality (love the bike photos) and little Alexia, poor kid i think she's crying at every photoshoot. they are a darling family, thanks for the the links!

The sweet birthday girl was denied a second piece of her birthday cake by her -apparently consequent- princely parents: and she cried her lungs out.... Aaaaw!

:wub:

The photos of the family are really beautiful! :wub:
The 3 girls are simply adorable!
Amalia already looks like a true professional young Princess... Alexia is such a cute doll!
Well, it's great to see all 3 girls together!
The only thing that's disturbing me a bit: Máxima still dresses her 2 big girls equally.. like twins.. I'm not a very big fan of this.

Maxima looked nice today.. so happy! Btw, she looked really stylish today! her hair, her outfit! :)

The family
Maxima with her girls
Maxima and Ariane
proud parents

source:polfoto

Last edited:
In the big picture, you could tell that Amalia and Alexia got Maxima's pretty brown eyes. Willem-Alexander has three - and maybe four, if Ariane gets them- brown eyed girls!

I'm suprised no one has said anything about W-A favorite, hideous pants! Goodness,I wish he would get rid of those things!!!
the girls look as beautiful as ever. I wish we could have gotten a pic of the baby awake.
And as for Maxima, she's looking good and relaxed. happy to be with her girls and hubby.

The video and photos just perfect. What a nice family. I personally liked the two older girls dresses and that they were alike. Odd that even though it is Alexia's birthday, Amalia got most of the coverage -- guess it is due to the fact that she will be Queen someday (good Lord willing). Alexia typical 2 year old. Fussed when couldn't have more sweet cake when mom removed it! I believe that Alexia's features show that she will be the real beauty of the family when grown (can't tell baby yet). They all seem to favor the Dutch in looks at present. All those news people around such small children -- heavens, I would be uptight also. I guess they must get used to it.

Alexander just enjoys his girls -- you can see it in his eyes and laughter. He seems to be most relaxed and happy when he is with them -- wonderful for him to have found such pleasure in his life and it will help him as king in future. Maxima and Alexander just seem so very RIGHT for each other. Sincerely hope that it lasts their entire life. I read that the present Queen and her husband also had a beautiful "love for each other & respect" their entire life together.

Thank you everyone for the great photos as we would never get to see them here in America

Wonderful video!! Alexia seems to be very close to her mother and a lot less photogenic than her sister. She was adorable. Could anyone translate what Maxima and WA said in the interview?

The video was adorable. The family is so charming and natural. I do not know how they keep so cool with all those cameras flashing! Like they are not even there. That is admirable. Amalia has such an extroverted personality - I just love all the things she does in front of the cameras. Alexia is a beauty, and the baby looks very pretty. I thought their dresses were darling and that all three were in white. The girls are always dressed beautifully.

This was absolutely lovely. Great family. Amalia is the greatest, I just loved the way she sang happy birthday to her sister in english, I would have loved to hear it in spanish as well, but this was great. Alexia is getting more beautiful every day. I loved their dressed. Ariana is geourgeous as well. Thanks all for the videos and pictures :flowers:

WA & M told in the interview that Amalia wants to be a princess when she is grown up, just like Cinderella...

I loved the video!!
Such nice decorations and such good cake! hehe.
I think the three girls are lovely and adorable. Oh, Máxima seems so tender and close to her daughters! I would love to see Dutch birthdays parties everyday.

In the video you can hear Máxima speaking Spanish to Alexia, she says "soplá, soplá" (blow, blow), "bieeeeen, gorda!" (well done, sweety) and other things....

In the video you can hear Máxima speaking Spanish to Alexia, she says "soplá, soplá" (blow, blow), "bieeeeen, gorda!" (well done, sweety) and other things....

"Bieeen, gorda" means "Well done, fat (fatty)" :flowers: obviously that was said with a tender meaning :wub:

This time I think Máxima was very well dressed... I love the ear rings!

According to the Familie van Oranje blog page, Alexia had her birthday celebration on Saturday. And she got a tricycle and a clown. I guess because her mother was going out to Kenya.

"Bieeen, gorda" means "Well done, fat (fatty)" :flowers: obviously that was said with a tender meaning :wub:

This time I think Máxima was very well dressed... I love the ear rings!

Yes, "gorda" means "fat one" literally, but we (argentinian people) use it as a pet name, it's just like saying "sweety"

I watched the three videos, they are simply gorgeous....I would love to know what they said in the interview and during the photosession...could anyone translate them for us?:wub:

I loved the videos, thanks for posting all the links.

Alexia is a beautiful little girl, I wonder if she will inherit the same character as her big sister? She seems the 'shyer sister' to me. Ariane is so chubby now, she's just lovely.

The family are very special, and Maxima is so sweet with the girls. I love how she is not afraid to be herself infront of the cameras. :flowers:

I just finished watching all videos. And I have to say I'm just stunned by Amalia. The way she is at ease with the press. It's amazing how she just sings songs and even in the microphone without fear. I don't think there are many kids her age that would dare doing that. I loved it. :wub: Birthdaygirl was lovely today, and Ariana is an amazingly cute and silent baby, she hardly even moved.

Yes, "gorda" means "fat one" literally, but we (argentinian people) use it as a pet name, it's just like saying "sweety"
Thank you for clarifying this Pooky. I was surprised to hear "gorda" as well. I've only heard it used to describe someone who was fat.

Tell what you want but another time the older sister stole the younger sis show. (Amalia, Leonor...)

All the best to Alexia and thanks for the photos to all.

Last edited:
Where are all of these other videos?! I can only find the one.

what are they saying in video 3? if anyone can translate-- much appreciated!

This is such a beautiful family. So nice to see the complete group! I can't really decide who Alexia favors more, I keep going back and forth. Can't help but notice sweet little Amalia always seems to know how to steal the show. That could become an issue later on, for her sisters!

Her_Majesty said:
The only thing that's disturbing me a bit: Máxima still dresses her 2 big girls equally.. like twins.. I'm not a very big fan of this.

Both Amalia and Alexia are wearing denim jackets from Paula Cahen D' Anvers, a very popular brand for women (and kids also) here in Argentina. Therefore, not bought in the Netherlands but here.

In an article I read that in one of her private visits to Buenos Aires, Máxima shopped for a denim-jacket for kids in this store (I believe it was then for Amalia), and she was not allowed to pay for it :rolleyes:

I think it is so funny that Amalia wants to be a princess like Cinderella. Alexia seemed much more at ease in front of the camera's than usual. The only time she lost it was when they tried to take her cake from her. IMO, at just three Amalia is already so grown-up and personable. BTW it is great to see Arianne looking healthy!

Where are all of these other videos?! I can only find the one.

If you see the first video, at the top there is a button that says 'meer'. Click that and a list of other videos should appear :flowers:

Amalia practizing for Princess

Princess Máxima told that her eldest daughter's dream is to become a Princess. She was already training with cloths to practize walking with a princessy train behind her.

:wub:

The Prince of Orange said that Princess Amalia simply lóves to wave to photographers and bystanders (well, that is obvious...) and joked "It is all in the genes!"

:flowers:

Last edited:
Alexia and Ariane will just have to learn to deal with Amalia stealing the show, unfortunately.

Alexia and Ariane will just have to learn to deal with Amalia stealing the show, unfortunately.

I think it is the nature of things. Princess Beatrix also always attracted more attention than her sisters Irene, Margriet and Christina.

The same can be said about Prince Willem-Alexander. The intensity of attention on him is uncomparable with these for his brothers Friso and Constantijn.

As Princess Amalia is the future Princess of Orange and Queen she works like a magnet for the media, add to this her exuberant personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom