Nobel Peace Prize 2003-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Perhaps Princess Märtha Louise and Ari could attend the Ceremony in Stockholm.

I´m not sure if ML and Ari still represent Norway on such a high level abroad...? I mean, they usually don´t even attend state banquets at home.

this year's schedule:

10.12.2014 Save the Children's Peace Prize Festival
Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess attends the Save the Children's Peace Prize Festival at the Nobel Peace Prize Centre (11:30).

10.12.2014 Audience
His Majesty The King grants the Nobel Peace Prize Laureates 2014 audience. Her Majesty The Queen and Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will also be in attendance (12:00).

10.12.2014 The Nobel Peace Prize 2014
Their Majesties The King and Queen attend the presentation of the Nobel Peace Prize 2014. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will also be in attendance. (Oslo City Hall, 13:00)

10.12.2014 Nobel Banquet

Their Majesties The King and Queen attend the banquet in honour of the Nobel Peace Prize Laureates 2014. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will also be in attendance, Oslo Grand Hotel (19:30)

and:

11.12.2014 Nobel Peace Prize Concert
Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend the Nobel Peace Prize Concert at Oslo Spektrum (19:30)

Watching the live now, it seems that Mette-Marit also took Ingrid-Alexandra and Sverre-Magnus to the Peace Prize Festival, listening to Sartyathi and Malala.

I've just seen Satyarthi and Malala be received by King Harald, Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit at the royal palace.

And this year we have two worthy recipients of the Peace Prize.

Some of the recent winners can only be described as odd. If there are no worthy candidates one year, don't present a Peace Prize IMO.

looking forward to seeing the pictures :)

Watching the live now, it seems that Mette-Marit also took Ingrid-Alexandra and Sverre-Magnus to the Peace Prize Festival, listening to Sartyathi and Malala.

that's quite a great idea to take the children to see malala, i guess that can inspire them and it's appropriate if they have the opportunity that they get to meet someone such as her to motivate them in their future role as ambassadors, to explore potential future interests they would like to support and to inspire them to defend them.

Sigh... Marius not there for the 1st time in years....
But happy to see IA and Magnus!!!

Nobel Peace Prize 2015

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2015 is to be awarded to the Tunisian

National Dialogue Quartet

for its decisive contribution to the building of a pluralistic democracy in Tunisia in the wake of the Jasmine Revolution of 2011.

The National Dialogue Quartet has comprised four key organizations in Tunisian civil society: the Tunisian General Labour Union (UGTT, Union Générale Tunisienne du Travail), the Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade and Handicrafts (UTICA, Union Tunisienne de l’Industrie, du Commerce et de l’Artisanat), the Tunisian Human Rights League (LTDH, La Ligue Tunisienne pour la Défense des Droits de l’Homme), and the Tunisian Order of Lawyers (Ordre National des Avocats de Tunisie). These organizations represent different sectors and values in Tunisian society: working life and welfare, principles of the rule of law and human rights. On this basis, the Quartet exercised its role as a mediator and driving force to advance peaceful democratic development in Tunisia with great moral authority. The Nobel Peace Prize for 2015 is awarded to this Quartet, not to the four individual organizations as such.
Announcement | Nobels fredspris

The program for the Royal Family:
10.12.2015 Save the Children Peace Prize Party
Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess attends the Save the Children Peace Prize Party at the Nobel Peace Centre in Oslo (11:30)

10.12.2015 Audience
His Majesty The King grants the Nobel Peace Prize Laureates audience. Her Majesty The Queen and Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will also be in attendance (12:00).

10.12.2015 Nobel Peace Prize
His Majesty The King attends the Nobel Peace Prize Award Ceremony at Oslo City Hall. Her Majesty The Queen and Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will also be in attendance (13:00).

10.12.2015 Official dinner
Their Majesties The King and Queen attend the banquet in honour of the Nobel Peace Prize Laureates at Grand Hotel in Oslo. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will also be in attendance (19:30).

The Nobel Peace Prize concert will take place on December 11, 2015.
Nobel Peace Prize Concert - Oslo Norway Dec. 11 annually

Loved Mette Marit's ensemble today, although I'm always a bit conflicted about that chain thingy around her hair. Does anyone else think that she looks to be a bit "distant"??? JMHO

Loved Mette Marit's ensemble today, although I'm always a bit conflicted about that chain thingy around her hair. Does anyone else think that she looks to be a bit "distant"??? JMHO

I watched the video on youtube and I thought MM was very engaged especially at the end of the medal presentation when the girl was singing. MM was holding hands with the Prince and seemed to be enjoying the whole event. It was a lovely ceremony.
The headband? I didn't quite understand. Maybe I need to look at a closeup. Was it fabric or jewellery? Can't wait for the gowns and jewels in Sweden.

It was lovely event and everyone looked great and proud.
MM's headband was very disappointing, I never understand why she can't wear a hat or headpiece.

Back
Top Bottom