Nobel Peace Prize 2003-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don’t see the problem with Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith presenting the Nobel Peace Prize concert. It is not a new thing to have known “Hollywood” celebrities host the concert. Earlier presenters include: Scarlett Johansson and Sir Michael Caine in 2008, Uma Thurman and Tommy Lee Jones in 2007, Sharon Stone and Anjelica Houston in 2006, Julianne Moore and Salma Hayek in 2005, and Oprah Winfrey and Tom Cruise in 2004. I don’t understand why it’s suddenly tacky when it’s Will and Jada.

Well I didn't know that. I know Scarlett attended last year but I didn't know it was to host the concert.
I quite agree with you, infact Will and Jada seem perfect for doing this event. :)

Don't like Michelles dress.
But i do love the picture of them on the balcony. :flowers:

Michelle seriously needs to get a stylist and if she already has one (which I am sure she does) she should fire her.

I agree - I hate most of what she wears, including both of yesterday's outfits - and I'm actually not sure Michelle has a stylist. I read in an article awhile ago (not sure when, but some time after the inauguration) that she did not see the need for one because she thought she was stylish enough on her own. Sigh.

I think michelle looked great weather she has a stylist or not fab ! she is a great strong woman .

Here is a nice video; it shows the moment when President and Mrs. Obama meet the King, Queen, Crown Prince, and Crown Princess of Norway. There are a couple of spontaneous and lovely moments: Michelle Obama dusting off her husband's coat before the photographs, and Queen Sonja standing on her tip-toes, saying that she wishes she were taller.

Obama lot kongen vente - Nyheter - Innenriks - Aftenposten.no

The President stated he doesn't see himself in the same league as a Nelson Mandela or Mother Theresa,he just started.Yet,this man embodies such hope,change and inspiration on a global scale,that we don't really give a flying whatshowever what some people in the US think.They do not set the agenda for global events.

I am a proud citizen of the United States, and I couldn't agree with you more, Lucien!

I have had a couple of very nice days, watching about "everything" tht has to do with the Nobel Peace Prize 2009 on tv and reading in hte newspapers. There has been great interviews, a lot of wonderful dresses and suits to admire on the women, and it all ended in a great concert this evening.

CP Mette-Marit wore purple dress, almost same color as Jada Pinkett Smith's dress, with what I'm not sure is a big necklace to it, or if the dress itself has some stiched on to it. It was a very rare color to be seen on the CP, but she was glowing and dancing and seen singing along with the performers several times. Wyclef jean even climbed up to where the Cprincess and Cprince and CP's son Marius was seated, and he shook their hands.

A very nice ending of this years Nobel Peace Prize, which was given to a very nice person. I like Obama a lot. :flowers:

Here is a nice video; it shows the moment when President and Mrs. Obama meet the King, Queen, Crown Prince, and Crown Princess of Norway. There are a couple of spontaneous and lovely moments: Michelle Obama dusting off her husband's coat before the photographs, and Queen Sonja standing on her tip-toes, saying that she wishes she were taller.

Obama lot kongen vente - Nyheter - Innenriks - Aftenposten.no

Very cute video!! I wonder what Pres. Obama was saying as Mrs. Obama was dusting him off (and what she was dusting off), and I never realized how short the Queen was. She looked so funny jumping to try to be taller.:lol:

Photos from the concert
Gallery from Daylife
... including one of my favourites, Alexander Rybak
Daylife

How wonderful for the eurovision winner to be there. :flowers:
Beautiful pictures.
I know Sesa has the right to her own opinion about Michelle Obama's facial feature but sometimes members can overstep the mark.

And I'm sorry but every First Ladywill undoubtedly be compared to Jackie O, she was an amazing woman and fashion icon. :)

The Moderators want you to notice that this isn't a discussion thread about Barack or Michelle Obama.

Please stay on topic; which is the Nobel Peace Prize and the events surrounding it.

The latest posts started to get quite offending , including discussions about "race". As we do not tolerate this kind of discussion at this Board the posts have been deleted.
Future posts like that will be deleted without any notice.

The Norwegian Forum Moderators

Last edited:
I love picture form the concert. MM looks to have a good time. I'm glad to see Marius with them. And Westlife... when I was a teenager... ;)

Great pictures of the concert! M-M looks radient a really great choice of outfit. Always nice ot see Marius at these events. I'm sure he enjoys getting some alone time with his mum and step-dad

Nobel Peace Prize 2010 for Liu Xiaobo

The winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2010 was announced today at 11 am. The winner of the Award is Liu Xiaobo for his long and non-violent struggle for fundamental human rights in China. The Norwegian Nobel Committee has long believed that there is a close connection between human rights and peace.

Home | Nobels fredspris

Liu Xiaobo is imprisoned since 2009.

Last edited:
It's sad that he won't be able to attend the awards ceremony and banquet (because I don't believe China is going to bow to international pressure to free him from prison). I wonder if maybe his wife will accept the award on his behalf?

Does anyone know what happens when/if the recipient can't attend the awards?

(because I don't believe China is going to bow to international pressure to free him from prison).
It's really very unlikely he will be freed... :ermm:

Kenya said:
Does anyone know what happens when/if the recipient can't attend the awards?
I don't know if this ever happened so far...

He was imprisoned for 11 years and I doubt he's going to be freed to collect a prize which congratulates him for the activity that put him in prison.
There was a section about this on the BBC news this evening and I was quite impressed by what I heard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see if she'll be able to go to Norway (or out of her house) generally. :ermm: Well, I hope so.

I highly doubt that will happen. I gotta wonder what the Nobel Committee's back-up back-up plan will be.

I highly doubt that will happen. I gotta wonder what the Nobel Committee's back-up back-up plan will be.

My guess is they'll probably hold the ceremony anyway with a documentary on him. It's a shame the Crown Prince couple won't be at the ceremony.

Back
Top Bottom