Nobel Peace Prize 2003-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
Marko Ahtisaari, the son of Martti Ahtisaari, with his wife Lisa Sounio.
Aamulehti
Martti Ahtisaari with his wife Eeva this evening
Iltasanomat
Martti Ahtisaari and his wife Eeva with their son Marko and his wife Lisa Sounio this evening
Zimbio
Photos from the banquet
Zimbio

The queen looks so beautiful tonight. Lovely new dress!

As for the actual prize presentation I thought the entire royal family looked great. I loved the King's tie. It reminded me of a candy cane. Great color on Mette-Marit.

I think I said this last year but I'm going to say it again. I prefer the actual Nobel Peace Prize presentation over the Nobel prizes done in Sweden. I find the dresses of the royal Swedish ladies and the feel of their Nobel night to be too much like a Hollywood award show.

didnt the prince and princess go last night ?

didnt the prince and princess go last night ?
No, they never go.

Usually the Royal Couple didn't attend either, but 2 years ago Queen Sofia of Spain was invited to attend the gala in the night... and so the Norwegian King and Queen were invited , too.. becasue it would have been a little weird to invite a foreign Queen, but ask your own Royal couple to stay at home. :lol:
Since then the King and Queen started to attend annually.. seems to turn into a new tradition. ;)

Last edited:
Last edited:
This has probably been answered before, but are their two events one in Norway and Sweeden or are the attended by both families?

This has probably been answered before, but are their two events one in Norway and Sweeden or are the attended by both families?
There are two seperate events:
The Nobel Peace Prize
is handed out in Norway's capital Oslo. The Norwegian Royal Family is presented annually.
The Nobel Prizes (for Literature, Medicine and so on) are handed out in Sweden's capital Stockholm. The Swedish Royal Family is attending annually.
Both ceremonies take place at the same day: December 10th every year.

Last edited:
Nobel Laureate Martti Ahtisaari, Crown Prince Haakon and his stepson Marius Hoyby are seen at the Nobel Peace Prize concert in Oslo.
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife

Mette-Marit has switched place with Marius.
Mette-Marit is at the show now and Marius are gone.

The queen looks so beautiful tonight. Lovely new dress!

As for the actual prize presentation I thought the entire royal family looked great. I loved the King's tie. It reminded me of a candy cane. Great color on Mette-Marit.

I think I said this last year but I'm going to say it again. I prefer the actual Nobel Peace Prize presentation over the Nobel prizes done in Sweden. I find the dresses of the royal Swedish ladies and the feel of their Nobel night to be too much like a Hollywood award show.

I quite agree...The Queen looked so beautiful with that NEW dress...And the King's (candy cane) tie suits him alot, although he wore it last year on the same occasion, but no one would compare it to the Queen's (yellow nightmare);), the tie suits him too well, regardless to the number of times he wears it. As for CP Mette-Marit, the pale colour suited her well, although it was a little tight, but her hat was quite ugly, it looked like a small pillow sticking on the back of her head, but her hair looked great, no hair roots that needed to be dyed. As for CP Haakon, he looked great, as always.
The thing that I disliked was the whispering part of CP Mette-Marit...In my opinion, it wasn't cute at all and it wasn't a proper thing to do too, it looked more like a gossip to me, as in here:- Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony 2008 - Pictures - Zimbio

A Gallery from Prisma of CP Mette-Marit meeting with children in front of the Nobel Peace Prize Center :-
Derechos España y Portugal: Mette-Marit de visita en Oslo - Agencia Prisma
And another of the Nobel Peace Prize Cermonies in Oslo and Stockholm:-
Derechos España y Portugal: Premio Nobel 2008 - Agencia Prisma

Here are two more pictures from daylife.com of CP Mette-Marit In white during the concert:-
http://www.daylife.com/photo/00VT2z57wlbm8/prince_haakon
http://www.daylife.com/photo/0e5heLt4ZBePN/prince_haakon

Queen Sonja looked absolutely beautiful. I was also pleased to see Marius attending the concert. Thanks to everyone who posted links!

Great picture's thanks for posting them , Princess mette marit looks lovely really like her in pink , looks like they all enjoyed themselves.

So now that Bono's won the Man of Peace prize...here is my personal story about him. My daughter is at school with the twin daughters of a lucky sperm billionaire. We were going to Nutcracker in NYC with them. The mother says 'Oh we keep a little apartment in NYC, you should come for lunch before' and gives me the address. We find the apartment building, which turns out to be directly on Central Park West, in a building whose name you would recognise. The Door Man checks his list and motions me to the elevator, saying 18th floor. What apartment number, I ask. Door man says, there is only one apartment on each floor. OK. I get on the elevator and a late 40s man steps on with us. We smile and make small talk until he gets of on 17. Now I'm pretty sure I've pegged him, but I ask our hostess. 'Oh yes' says she 'Bono lives right below us when he's in town'.....

Back
Top Bottom