Marriage of Prince Ghazi bin Mohammed & Miriam, Princess of Tarnovo: 3 September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossina

Former Moderator
City
Country
India
Marriage of Prince Ghazi bin Mohammed & Miriam, Princess of Tarnovo: 3 September 2022

The royal Hashemite court announced today the marriage of HRH Prince Ghazi Bin Mohammed of Jordan to Miriam, Princess of Tarnovo. The ceremony was held in presence of King Abdullah II, Prince Talal Bin Mohammed & Prince Hassan Bin Talal. .

https://www.ammonnews.net/article/704053

The statement referred to her as HRH Princess Mariam Ghazi of Jordan. I guess the name Mariam/Maryam is an Arabic version of her birth name "Miriam".

Last edited:
I am very surprised by this news! :ohmy:
Best wishes!

It comes as a complete surprise to me!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I didn't even know he and Princess Areej are divorced!

And that he was dating Princess Miriam of Tirnovo, the widow of Prince Kardam!

Wow, that is quite big news. The daughter-in-law of the former tsar of Bulgaria and mother of the next head of the royal Bulgarian family marrying into the Jordanian royal family. Did she have to convert to Islam as well? She 'erected'/'unveiled' (not sure what they did other than take a picture next to it) an Orthodox shrine with her sons only yesterday; see this post by Eya.

I hope her sons are happy with these developments (although it will most likely not be a surprise to them).

Last edited:
Did she have to convert to Islam as well? She 'erected'/'unveiled' (not sure what they did other than take a picture next to it) an Orthodox shrine with her sons only yesterday; see this post by Eya.

I don't think so; a Muslim man can marry a Christian woman not requireing a conversion from her.
After all, Princess Miriam is already too old to have children with Prince Ghazi.

I hope her sons are happy with these developments (although it will most likely not be a surprise to them).

And I hope his children are happy with them (especially the youngest one, Princess Salsabeel, who turns only eight on 1 October - the elder three are of age already).

Ghazi and Areej got divorced last year. A royal decree was issued back then adopting the title of HRH Princess Areej daughter of Omar Al-Zawawi instead of " Royal Highness Princess Areej Ghazi", effective from May 18, 2021.

Last edited:
I don't think so; a Muslim man can marry a Christian woman not requireing a conversion from her.
After all, Princess Miriam is already too old to have children with Prince Ghazi.

And I hope his children are happy with them (especially the youngest one, Princess Salsabeel, who turns only eight on 1 October - the elder three are of age already).

True! In their case the divorce of their parents is recent so all of this (including the speed in which things seem to have moved) must have been not easy to adjust to.

Would the children live with their mother or father in the case of a divorce in the Jordanian royal family. Most likely their mother? It seems that Hamzah and Noor's daughter is living with Noor...

"Maryam" is Arabic for Mary/Miriam.

Oh look, we finally had another royal/royal wedding, just a complete surprise one. :lol:

Does anybody have an idea as to how they got together, or do we wait for an explanation?

"Maryam" is Arabic for Mary/Miriam.

Oh look, we finally had another royal/royal wedding, just a complete surprise one. :lol:

Does anybody have an idea as to how they got together, or do we wait for an explanation?

No information yet.

But according to Wikipedia, In 2017, with support from members of the Jordanian royal family, Miriam opened an exhibition of jewels and MdeU pieces ( her own jewellery line) at the Jordan National Gallery of Fine Arts.

Last edited:
Many surprises from the Jordan lately!!!

Congratulations to the couple!

Wow another surprise marriage
Congratulations to the couple and best wishes

Happy for them after all she has been through.

What a boon to those interested in royal-royal marriages! ;)

What was the last time before this that two members of current or former royal families from two separate regions of the world married each other?

Wait what?!?!?
I'm wondering if they'll have another wedding or ceremony. It would have been nice to see King Simeon present.

From King Simeon:

"On September 3, 2022, in the city of Amman, in the presence of the King of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan Abdullah II, Her Royal Highness Princess Miriam married His Royal Highness Prince Ghazi bin Mohammed
The Royal Court of Jordan issued an official statement: "Their Highnesses Prince El Hassan bin Halal and Prince Talal bin Mohammed attended the ceremony. The Hashemite Royal Family wishes Their Royal Highnesses Prince Ghazi bin Mohammed and Princess Miriam Ghazi a long and happy life”.

After the long painful period during the illness of Prince Kardam and his subsequent death, the Bulgarian Royal Family rejoices at this wedding. Even more so considering the friendship between the two families.

Prince Ghazi bin Mohammed was born on October 15, 1966 in Amman. He was the son of Prince Mohaved bin Talal (1940–2021) and his first wife Princess Feriyal (born 1945 as Irshaid). His uncle is the late King Hussein of Jordan, making him a first cousin of the current monarch, King Abdullah II. The prince graduated from the prestigious "Harrow" high school in London, and then graduated from literature at one of the most prestigious universities in the world, "Preston". At the same time, N.C.V. also studied there. Prince Kiril Preslavski, both with the Jordanian prince as roommates during their studies. The prince is King Abdullah II's chief adviser on religious and cultural matters and the king's special envoy. He was also its regent.

Princess Miriam retains her Orthodox faith even after her wedding.

Prince Ghazi bin Mohammed has been a friend of the Royal Family for many years. After the death of Prince Kardam, on his initiative, a stone commemorative plaque was placed in memory of the Prince on the bank of the Jordan River. This was one of Prince Kardam's favorite places in the Holy Land."

https://www.kingsimeon.bg/2022/09/n...-za-negovo-kralsko-visochestvo-prints-gazi-b/

Last edited:
In Spanish "hijos" means "children" in this context (As is revelaed later in the article, Prince Ghazi has only one son)

Prince Ghazi has four children: 3 daughters and 1 son.

The Princess remains Christian,she was I assume raised Roman Catholic and converted to Eastern Orthodoxy in 1996 when she married Kardam, Prince of Turnovo.

It must be very rare that the brides of Princes do not convert to Islam upon marriage?

The Princess remains Christian,she was I assume raised Roman Catholic and converted to Eastern Orthodoxy in 1996 when she married Kardam, Prince of Turnovo.

It must be very rare that the brides of Princes do not convert to Islam upon marriage?

Indeed, but i find interesting that she was allowed to retain her orthodox faith but the men who marry Princesses and don't have an official role usually have to convert.

The royal Hashemite court announced today the marriage of HRH Prince Ghazi Bin Mohammed of Jordan to Miriam, Princess of Tarnovo. The ceremony was held in presence of King Abdullah II, Prince Talal Bin Mohammed & Prince Hassan Bin Talal. .

https://www.ammonnews.net/article/704053

The statement referred to her as HRH Princess Mariam Ghazi of Jordan. I guess the name Mariam/Maryam is an Arabic version of her birth name "Miriam".

Best wishes to both!!They deserve some luck and love in their lives!

Indeed, but i find interesting that she was allowed to retain her orthodox faith but the men who marry Princesses and don't have an official role usually have to convert.
Christian and Jewish women are allowed to retain their faith when marrying Muslim men as long as eventual children are raised Muslim, but Muslim women aren't allowed to marry outside of their faith.

On Islam a woman is not allowed to marry a non Muslim the groom must convert but a man is allowed to marry a woman from the 3 religions of the Book means Muslim Christian and Jewish with no obligation for the bride to convert .

I'm glad that the Princess did not convert or feel obliged and will add a bit of diversity to the JRF to have a Christian member given the numerable Christian minority in Jordan.

On Islam a woman is not allowed to marry a non Muslim the groom must convert but a man is allowed to marry a woman from the 3 religions of the Book means Muslim Christian and Jewish with no obligation for the bride to convert .

Strange that there are still differences between man and woman in that regard.

AFAIK, the Constitution of Jordan does not require converting even from a wife of the King.

Strange that there are still differences between man and woman in that regard.

Not really; Islam considers the father to determine the religion of his children. In that light religion of brides is less-important.

Not really; Islam considers the father to determine the religion of his children. In that light religion of brides is less-important.

But this concrete couple will not have this problem :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom