Marie's Family and Circle of Friends

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could it be that she, too, had several marriages, one of which was to a baron?

Could it be that she, too, had several marriages, one of which was to a baron?

Nicely put Rylt11, the understatement of the day :); the observant DRF royalty watcher knows that the Cavalliers have had their fair share of divorces and remarriages! Odile de Sairigne, Marie's grandmother married into nobility at some stage after divorcing Alain Cavallier's father.

Viv

Does anyone know this baron's full name, or if he had children of his own?

Billed Bladet has an article about Agnete Arno, who is described as Marie's first and closest friend in Denmark. It talks about her style. She was one of the bridesmaids in Marie's wedding, and recently married Prince Joachim's good friend, Christian Scherfig.
Billed-Bladet - Prinsesse Maries gode veninde, Agnete Arnø - Se stilen

She works as a designer (doesn't say what she designs).

There has been no mention of her best friend from Marie's school days, Julie. Was she invited to the wedding?

I will be in Geneve and Villars sur ollon in about two weeks, does anyone knows if Marie is pallning some ski hollidays? It will be great to see her there!!!:flowers:

I will be in Geneve and Villars sur ollon in about two weeks, does anyone knows if Marie is pallning some ski hollidays? It will be great to see her there!!!:flowers:

They go on holiday at the begining of the year, if not mistaken between Jan-Feb and we dont know where they go till they reach the place or pictures released.

I believe they wait for the boys' February holidays. Marie celebrated a birthday there last year-- the first week of Feb I believe -- with all the family coming up from Geneva. Quite a gathering !

It will be nice to see little Henrik all bundled up on some kind of sled maybe?

So.. I would very much like to know how old Marie's half-brothers are! Does any of you know?

So.. I would very much like to know how old Marie's half-brothers are! Does any of you know?

There is no information of the royal website, which I can understand.
Just this

The Princess has four half-brothers, Benjamin and Gregory Grandet, both born in Switzerland, and Charles and Edouard Cavallier, both born in Paris. Like the Princess, all four half-brothers grew up in Paris.

There is no information of the royal website, which I can understand.
Just this

IIRC the Grandets are older than Marie and the Cavalliers are younger.
The Grandets are from the first marriage of Maries mother, Marie is from the second marriage of her mother, and the mother is now married for the third time.
Marie is also from the first marriage of her father, and the brothers Cavallier are from the second marriage of her father.

Christian Scherfig is a lawyer, iirc and director of the Danish Design Center :) (Not the creative director!)

I think that Marie is a sweet person. She & Joachim seem very much in love.
Her parents life was complicated. Marie's growing up might not be easy. Even if she had great parents and step parents and wonderful relationship with her half brother, her childhood rather lacked stability. It is not easy for kids when parents divorce.
I also hope that Marie will be lucky with her marriage to PJ.

After watching that excellent documentary I see how natural, easygoing, laidback, relaxed, intelligent, sporty, sweet and real Marie is...And sorry to make comparisons to Mary but I thought (just from still photographs) that they were similar but that video shows that Mary's persona now seems forced, rehearsed, stiff, measured, formal...

But perhaps with Marie, what you see is what you get...but with Mary she has a public face (rehearsed) and private face (more relaxed)

I think I could become a fan of Marie and just use Mary for fashion watching ;)

I've heard it somewhere that Marie's mother is a French aristocrat, something like baroness???

Where i can find more on Marie's life before dating Joachim? Pictures of her in little and teen time. Thanks in advanced.

There probably won't be any. Those pictures are very personal.

:previous: may she RIP. and wow 98!
Strength to Marie and family

That's an impressive age! And she's been poorly for quite a while.

Sad for Marie, she was very fond of the Baroness.

My condolences to Princess Marie and her family. Her grandmother lived to a venerable age.

I dind't know the Princess has a noble background.

:previous: the baroness gained her title from a subsequent marriage, not Marie's grandfather. So no aristocratic roots but for her father's stepfather.

Condolences and strength to Marie and her family on the loss of her grandmother. 98 is a good long life. :flowers:

all the best for marie and her family in these tough times.

i also forgot about marie's noble background. i now realize that when marie married joachim, in 2008, the baroness attended the wedding: although she must have been around 90 years old, she didn't look anywhere close to 90 in the pictures we saw of her on the day. she looked like a young lady of maybe 70 years old - a truly well-conserved and elegant lady she was!

My condolences to Princess Marie and her family.

Condolences to Princess Marie. RIP.:rose:

My condolences to Princess Marie and her family. Losing a grandmother at any age is always tough. My thoughts and prayers are with the Princess and her family.

My condolences to Princess Marie and her family. Losing a grandmother at any age is always tough. My thoughts and prayers are with the Princess and her family.

Back
Top Bottom