Letizia, Princess of Asturias Jewellery 2: August 2007-June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmm....I don´t know what to think about this tiara. I think that thedesign is quite nice and delicate, but I´m not quite sure about the pearls, I think it would look better without them.
I didn´t expect a very impressive tiara, anyway ;)

It's hard to judge without having seen it being worn, but atm, I don't like it much at all. The pearls look quite large for the size of the frame, and the design itself is dismal.

Some think it's pretty, I think it looks like costume jewellery. No matter how much it cost (?), it looks cheap.

The Fleur de Lys brooch itself is however, quite beautiful.

I don't think we should judge before we see the tiara on Letizia. It may look very graceful on her hair and head.
For exmaple I didn't care for the camoe tiara before the wedding, I always that it was rather robust, but after seeing it worn by CP Victoria, I loved it.
Hiar, dress and occasion can transform a headpiece...

The tiara might not be impressive but it is special. It was made especially for her.

The tiara might not be impressive but it is special. It was made especially for her.
I would not call it so special. Ansorena has made at least two more variations of this tiara. They both have no pearls, but one has huuuge diamond in the central motif, and the other has a couple of significant diamond drops. The whole idea seems quite commercial.
I am sooo curious to see her finally wear it. Let's hope that she gives it a nice up-do hairstyle. Now that the story is out in the public, she should just wear it for the next good occasion.

My thoughts to the new tiara:
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: First photo of princess Letizia's new diadem

It is contemporary/modern. We are used to old tiaras, that's correct however we should take into consideration that they have been new/modern at their times too - so maybe the same discussions ongoing. ;)
It is simple and I think this is good for Letizia who seems to be best with modern simple designs (let's get it right - something which she can wear with her hair down is maybe better then something where she needs a more updo type of hair).
Let's wait and see - I think it can work.

Howver there is one point I don't like - this is Ansorena having VERY similar tiaras on sale....
But maybe this is what they want to achieve - tell people finally that it is an advertisement for Spanish products/´jewelry ????

I don't think we should judge before we see the tiara on Letizia.
Wise advice. The tiara we've seen is either the jeweller's mockup or has been photographed in very flat light where it appears lifeless and unattractive.

Here's the only image of the tiara we've seen so far...

-> Letizia's Ansorena Tiara

By way of contrast, here's the tiara's central part photographed well with diamonds flashing...

-> Letizia's Fleur de Lys
Image courtesy of Tamara at RJOTWMB

My point being that when we eventually see the tiara photographed properly, opinions may change. It will still be a simple tiara but it won't look as flat and dull.

I'm not too fond of it either, but I'm holding off on my final impression until I see her wear it. The picture Warren posted of the center piece sparkling gives me some hope that it might be pretty.

I think it's quite pretty and cant wait to see it on her. It's nice that she'll have a tiara all to herself, and that will get passed down to her daughters one day.

Could the Fleur de Lys Brooch be the "old Spanish RF piece of jewellery" and Ansorena has been asked to create a tiara "around" it -- with the "creative support" from CP Felipe? Maybe he also gave additional loose diamonds.... and then Ansorena Gifted the rest (i.e. the craftmanship to create the tiara). And in total the worth would be 50.000 €, if you would buy it from the scratch?
So in the end my question is: could there be a "final story" around the tiara, which includes all the various spreading "sub-stories"???? Just my guess....

In the end it does not matter for me. I am not 100% convinced about the design (yet) I have to admit, but I also can imagine, that it will look great on Letizia. And I also like the idea of having a second, smaller "Bourbon Fleur de Lys" Tiara for the Princess of Asturias (the wife to the heir of the Bourbons) around.

BYe Bine

And I also like the idea of having a second, smaller "Bourbon Fleur de Lys" Tiara for the Princess of Asturias (the wife to the heir of the Bourbons) around.

Here I agree! It could be like the Ruby parure is for the Danish Crown Princess - for her only, and to be worn by furture Crown Princesses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could the Fleur de Lys Brooch be the "old Spanish RF piece of jewellery" and Ansorena has been asked to create a tiara "around" it -- with the "creative support" from CP Felipe?
BYe Bine

I don't think so - otherwise you would see the difference in the design/setting of the stones - and to me it lookes like one single way how it was created.

The tiara is simple enough for Letizia. It's quite delicate and even if I'm not a big fan of her new tiara I think it will look good on her. It's quite hard to imagine Letizia wearing grander tiaras. Her frame is so delicate for such large tiaras. And the symbol of the Borbons at the center adds a royal touch.:)

So she has 2 new tiaras?

I too think Letizia will wear this new one with panache

The tiara is simple enough for Letizia. It's quite delicate and even if I'm not a big fan of her new tiara I think it will look good on her. It's quite hard to imagine Letizia wearing grander tiaras. Her frame is so delicate for such large tiaras. And the symbol of the Borbons at the center adds a royal touch.:)

Well said, I agree with the entire post! :) The new tiara is very beautiful and its simplicity will help Letizia to highlight her pretty face (her beautiful eyes, in particular).

I want to see it on her. After that I decide if I like it or not.

I agree, we would have to see the tiara on her to form a complete opinion. I for one, love the design and think it will look spectacular on her.

Also, like the idea of it being used exclusively by The Princess of Asturias.

Hopefully we will see it soon...

is there any incomming state visit to spain?

if you do not count the state visits are there any other events were the royals wear grand jewllery with or with out tiaras?

is there any incomming state visit to spain?

if you do not count the state visits are there any other events were the royals wear grand jewllery with or with out tiaras?
Are you waiting for an opportunity for Letizia to wear her new tiara? Well, I certainly am!:flowers:
So far I haven't heard of any anouncement of a SV to Spain, which is a pity since there weren't any State Visits last year. The to great weddings this year in GB and Monaco are not likely to be white tie affairs. Also I don't think that there are major bithdays or anniversary's due in the Skandinavian royal houses, which are the only once which still celebrate this events with white tie galas afaik. So the outlook is not so good:sad:.

The pearls look rather large to me with the delicate diamond swirls- scale is hard to tell.

Letizia´s earrings on Friday night, it´s a pity that there isn´t a better photo.
Noticies TGN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom