Letizia, Princess of Asturias, Accessories 2: September 2008 - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't agree more, Her Majesty. I find it difficult to believe that she actually thinks they are attractive on her feet....They remind me of Frankenstein's shoes. She is just sooo petite and then she puts these giant things on her feet! Awful choices, imho.

Uggh...just when I thought it couldn't get worse, she debuts the golden version of these ugly, clunky shoes. The dress is so pretty, but the shoes ruin the look, IMO.

Uggh...just when I thought it couldn't get worse, she debuts the golden version of these ugly, clunky shoes. The dress is so pretty, but the shoes ruin the look, IMO.
You are right - beautiful dress awful shoes. Ruin the look.

Those are very fashionable shoes now. The platform makes the heels less steep and easy to walk on. I think those shoes are very fun, but suits much younger women in their early or mid 20s.

I wonder how many shoes that she needs... She keeps buying awful shoes when I`m sure there are beautiful ones in her closet. She used to have good taste in shoes but now she is out of control buying shoes that look so cheap ( even if they are not cheap at all).
I am also surprised that she buys the same kind of shoes in every possible colour.

This kind of shoes may very well be in fashion these days, they don't look good on Letizia. Her legs are simply to skinny for them. She should realize that and go for some elegant stiletto's if she really thinks she needs such high heels.

Well,it's obvious that she tries hard to reach Felipe's neck (at least!) while,in my opinion,she doesn't have to do that.But I would like to comment on something else:being a royal+trying to look or dress like a model=Disaster!!They are not supposed to follow or care about the latest trends...Instead,I would love to see them dressed in the modern version of classical and elegant way.

Thats a concept I have found some value in in the past, iakynthi. Perhaps following the trends, but in a classical way - the princesses need not be 100% dominated by them. Any woman should only follow them where they suit her!

Not only are these shoes ugly, but they are cheap looking and look as if they weigh a ton and are heavy on the foot.
There is an expression: "clodhoppers" - that is what they look like.
A beautiful emsemble - suit, dress, etc. - can be ruined by the wrong accessories -
Letizia is a perfect example.
She stop playing "dress-up" and let Leonor play with these shoes.

Leti darling, PLEASE go back to wearing regular high-heel PUMPS. Enough with the peep-toe/platforms!!
I wish someone would tell her! :bang:

So do I, SASSY!! As I said before in a previous post, can't Letizia see for herself by simply looking in the mirror as to how out of proportion they look? I doubt that there is anyone who would be able to tell her, however. :(

the height difference is clearly a problem, when looking at a rare occasion when letizia wore flat shoes, ballerinas:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

when looking at pic #1 or further down #38 it's obvious that the difference is tremendous, letizia doesn't even make it up to felipe's shoulder. later in life she will not only have a foot or back problem caused by high heels but also a neck problem from constantly looking up to her husband.

without high heels letizia almost goes unnoticed, like a little mouse being absorbed by felipe's impressive figure, what must be quite annoying for her, and imo she doesn't have the charisma to compensate the imbalance as she's a very average woman. therefore (elegant) high heels are a good solution for at least trying to ease the unlucky height facts but chosing those double platforms any pole dancer could easily use for her performance certainly don't make an appropriate outfit for a future queen.

flip is much taller and will always be, get over it. and worse is to come: i believe it will not even take 10 years from now until letizia is not only towered by her husband but also by her eldest daughter, infanta leonor.

Princess Letizia at Zarzuela Palace on November 11, 2008
Pic
Pic
A new pair of ugly shoes!
OMG, they look terrible, especially with that outfit!

Princess Letizia at Zarzuela Palace on November 11, 2008
Pic
Pic
A new pair of ugly shoes!
OMG, they look terrible, especially with that outfit!

I thought the shoes looked alright - at least they are different and not her usually peep-toe platform ones

Black shoes also worn on 11th nov at the funeral
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bSP2qZ1knaEm/340x.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/ir44nm.jpg

Heavier shoes than her normal ones but good for all the walking and standing required for a funeral act

I LOVE her outfit and I don't mind patterned shoes, but these are abit too much for my taste. But at least they are not platform, peeptoes! Can't have everything....

It is difficult to see the details of the patterned shoes. I do like the shape of the toe. They appear to be better than most of the shoes she has worn lately.

Okay, now that I can see these shoes up close, I have a different opinion. I really don't care for the print. They look like a crocodile texture with designs airbrushed on to them. I am sure that they were expensive, but to me, they look cheap. I also think that they aren't shoes. They look like boots.

Maybe they really are some sort of skin which makes them even More unattractive, imho. And they certainly do appear to be boots of some kind. Certainly not my taste At All. Thumbs down....

This is just one of those time when the outfit bored me; but I really dont like the accessories. I dont like the style or design of the shoes, and the scarf here is boring. Sorry, but thats how I see it!

No need to apoogize, Marmi. That's what makes this board interesting....Opinions!!!

I just saw those shoes much closer and they are really ugly.It reminds me of the cowboys' boots from far West...How did she do that?Even the peep-toe platforms are better than these.

These are like "booties" - laced up brogues.
The material looks like snake skin - there is a slight platform on the sole.
Not very pretty - the snake skin looks kind of creepy.

I just saw those shoes much closer and they are really ugly.It reminds me of the cowboys' boots from far West...How did she do that?Even the peep-toe platforms are better than these.

You are so right, Iakynthi! They do look like cowboy boots (and very tacky ones at that).:lol:

What a great comparison, iakynthi, "Cowboy boots from the far West" !! LOL. Are you really from Greece? Not too sure about the peep-toe platforms being better, however, but you do have a point! Love your comment....

Well seems that we are unanimous that we would just love to either buy Letizia a whole new shoe collection, or burn all shoes she has bought in the last year! (lol)

And yes, that was a great comparison!

Which do we do first? Buy or Burn Baby Burn!! LOL. :) I'm up for either one, marmi. Too bad it won't make a bit of difference what we mere mortals think..but we can pretend. sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom