Lady Kitty Spencer and Michael Lewis: July 24, 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They say age is just a number so we will see. On the plus side, Lady Kitty's financial security and that of her children is assured.:cool:

Well, perhaps.
Many wealthy people have pre-nups these days.

I like the dress Lady Kitty wore on the balcony after the wedding, quite beautiful. Congrats and happiness.

Yes in every article I read, mention is made of the fact her father didn't attend, but her mother wasn't there either ! Covid doesn't explain everything.
Obviously neither her mother neither her father approve.

They clearly have no clue.

Perhaps (...) was to prevent any heartache around Diana's passing and keep the tiara as a private tribute to her aunt. She may have worn some jewellery from the Spencer collection as a sentimental touch, too.

And another quote:
So perhaps Kitty's sister Lady Amelia Spencer may choose to sport it when she marries her fiancé Greg Mallett?

:previous: Well...the Earl's new son-in-law is older than he is.:ohmy:

I don't know if the rumor is true but I can understand Charles Spencer's concerns if he has them. In ten years his barely 40 year old daughter will have a husband who is over 70. What are the chances of their children ( if they choose to have them) enjoying a meaningful relationship with their father?

They say age is just a number so we will see. On the plus side, Lady Kitty's financial security and that of her children is assured.:cool:

While I understand this man is likely not what Charles Spencer was picturing as a husband for his eldest daughter, it’s not like he’s set a high standard as a husband himself; it would also be interesting to know how meaningful his own relationship has been with Kitty and her siblings over the years.

For now, at least, Kitty’s new husband likely dotes on her, and as you say, her financial worries are over, (or at least they will be once she has a child). Kitty is attractive and well connected but she’s not going to inherit Althorp and whatever other inheritance there is will be divided between, what, five or six siblings?

Maybe all of the above has made Kitty less of a romantic than most women her age marrying for the first time would be, (or maybe she and her husband are soul mates and will have a long and happy life together).

In any case, it’s very nice that her brothers were there for her.

Would it have been nice if Lady Kitty's sister Lady Charlotte could have been a flower girl?

I am surprised she chose to not get married at Althrop. Would have been a great setting for a family wedding.

I would have thought so too being the family seat!

I hate the main dress, but love all the other ones.

:previous: Well...the Earl's new son-in-law is older than he is.:ohmy:

I don't know if the rumor is true but I can understand Charles Spencer's concerns if he has them. In ten years his barely 40 year old daughter will have a husband who is over 70. What are the chances of their children ( if they choose to have them) enjoying a meaningful relationship with their father?

I don't think so!
He has other three children to split his fortune (which is around 100 millions).
Not to mention that Kitty's personal net worth is around 72 millions dollars. So she doesn't gain that much from this wedding when it comes to money.
At the begging someone suggest that he was billionaire so I thought that she was with him just for money, but after their assets came out, this relationship doesn't make any sense to me. She is beautiful!

Yes in every article I read, mention is made of the fact her father didn't attend, but her mother wasn't there either ! Covid doesn't explain everything.
Obviously neither her mother neither her father approve.

Wow. Neither of her parents were there. My goodness. I guess it figures the press would focus more on Charles Spencer not being there, as he’s more well known. I find it hard to believe COVID was a factor in both of their non attendance too. But, who knows.

The wedding dress is okay to me. The skirt is lovely, but I’m not crazy about the bodice. (From the pictures, I saw of them putting the dress together, I think I would have liked it better sleeveless.) It does have a Grace Kelly look to it, much like Catherine’s did. Amazing how many variations on that dress style there are.

Her other dresses are very nice. They’re all very ornate, colorful, and artistic…for lack of another way of putting it.

Best wishes to the newlyweds.

Last edited:
I like the dress, it's very beautiful.
Too bad she didn't wear the Spencer tiara.

I don't think so!

He has other three children to split his fortune (which is around 100 millions).

Not to mention that Kitty's personal net worth is around 72 millions dollars. So she doesn't gain that much from this wedding when it comes to money.

At the begging someone suggest that he was billionaire so I thought that she was with him just for money, but after their assets came out, this relationship doesn't make any sense to me. She is beautiful!
How did Kitty earn those 72 m dollars? What kind of job does she have?

I don't think so!

Hmmm...interesting. In the media he is always referred to as a billionaire. :cool:

I agree that she is beautiful, with the most amazing eyes, bone structure and complexion ever. Her twin sisters are also lovely. I remember at William's wedding seeing them described as The Three Graces...very apt!;)

Well, as for the wedding dress itself, the skirt is lovely but the rest of it is...not. Her other dresses were absolutely stunning, though. I did read an article earlier today explaining that Kitty's relationship with her father has been strained since his marriage in 2011 to Countess Spencer and that it was just "easier for everyone involved" if he wasn't present. I've no idea, though, why her mother would not have been present unless it's something to do with not approving of the relationship.

Terrible wedding dress imho. It's is both to busy, see through and those shoulders?!

Terrible is not my choice word, but I do agree with your other words. The pattern is way too busy, it's see through (or is it flesh color?) and I know it's a bustier, but it looks like her bra is visible. Money is one thing, taste another.

However, it's her wedding day, so my opinion is irrelevant. Hope her more than twice as old bridegroom liked it.
I disagree, then we might never be allowed to have an opinion at all. When I look at a (semi-)public person's wedding pictures then I have an opinion about what I see - whether I post it or not.

And the groom wore white as well :eek:

Last edited:
Has any explanation come forth anywhere about why Lady Kitty’s mother Victoria wasn’t present at the wedding?

What a shame that neither of her parents were present on her wedding day.

I kind of like the weddingdress, very impressive. I am not to sure of the see through bodice ..
I like the other dresses as well. But for some reason I find this whole wedding tacky... all this display of wealth:sick::sick:

Well, as for the wedding dress itself, the skirt is lovely but the rest of it is...not. Her other dresses were absolutely stunning, though. I did read an article earlier today explaining that Kitty's relationship with her father has been strained since his marriage in 2011 to Countess Spencer and that it was just "easier for everyone involved" if he wasn't present. I've no idea, though, why her mother would not have been present unless it's something to do with not approving of the relationship.

When you think of how many parents there are who don’t care for their son or daughter’s choice of partner, but who still put a smile on and go to the wedding and do their best to act like they’re delighted, it does seem striking that both of Kitty’s parents were absent.

Most thought that Lady Kitty would wear the Spencer tiara. The last time we saw that Spencer tiara is when it was worn by Lady Sarah McCorquodale's daughter Celia at her 2018 wedding.

Maybe we'll see it worn by Lady Amelia Spencer.

The Daily Mail keep trying to up him to billionaire whilst most estimates put him in the $80-100mill category. I suppose billionaire is more interesting for clicks.

Most thought that Lady Kitty would wear the Spencer tiara. The last time we saw that Spencer tiara is when it was worn by Lady Sarah McCorquodale's daughter Celia at her 2018 wedding.

Maybe we'll see it worn by Lady Amelia Spencer.

Yes most assumed that his daughters would all wear it just as some of their cousins have.

If for whatever reason she and her father don't have the best relationship or don't agree about her relationship and she didn't get married at Althorp it's not surprising that she isn't wearing it.

Amelia wearing it is more likely if she gets married in the UK.

Although the 30 year age gap is unusual...

I started thinking about other men of about that age and decided that some 60 year old men are pretty attractive!

Jerry Seinfeld..Hugh Grant..Colin Firth...King Philippe..Stanley Tucci...Greg Louganis..Antonio Banderas (among many others). So I can understand if a person is attractive, suave, and accomplished, the 30 year difference doesn’t matter; you can fall in love pretty easily. I hope they can live happily ever after.

Back
Top Bottom