It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Genevieve said:
Thank you. My last off topic question: Is Elena/Helen a common name in either the Spanish or Greek royal family?
In the greek royal family, i know one, Princess Elena that married with King King Carol II of Romania (she was aunt of Queen Sofia, i belive. Sister of the late King Pavlos). I don't know if there were more. In the spanish royal family, i don´t know if existed any Elena, i didn´t found any :)

Last edited:
I am so touched by the photos of Letizia's maternal grandparents and in particular the grandfather. He seems like such a nice, ordinary man and yet fate has catapulted him into these extraordinary circumstances. You can sense his being ill at ease with the media attention at times but his words are always very genuine; very down to earth - no pretenses. I find myself wishing I could just let him know he's doing a terrific job and to just keep being himself! He must pinch himself at times to be sure his current life is real!

What is the nickname for the name Leonor? Leo sounds like a boy's name to me.

Congratulations to Spanish Crown Royals on the birth of theirdaughterInfanta Lenor.

Congratulations to the Spanish Royal couple on this happy occasion. Will Infanta Leonor be taken care by nannies since Princess Letizia is still recovering from the operation?

lula said:
From terra:

Thanks for the pictures. Vicky becomes prettier each day. Elena is always so kind and spontaneous, I'm hoping she will be the godmother of Leonor since she lives in Madrid and probably has more time for Leonor than Cristina who is busier with more younger kids.

Last edited:
From terra:

Attachments

• 71fa3310.jpg
    71fa3310.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 191
  • 71fa3310d.jpg
    71fa3310d.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 234
xicamaluca said:
Elena is Helen in english :) Both names are from latin origin, but they're quite diffent.

Elena is from greek origin.

planetcher said:
What is the nickname for the name Leonor? Leo sounds like a boy's name to me.

Why should there be nicknames for everyone?

Princess Robijn said:
What is the title of Leonor?

acording to http://www.hln.be/hln/cch/det/art_136261.html, it will be :Infanta, Prinses van Asturië, Viana en Girona (Prinses = Princess, as you probely know)

Her Royal Highness the Infanta Leonor

Leonor's title is Infanta, she will be Princess only when her father is King and if she is definitively the heiress of the Wreath.
In Spain only it is a prince or Princess the inheritor of the Wreath, the rest of children of the King are Infantes and also they are Infantes the children of the Prince of Asturias.

Last edited:
that is what I thought :) so that site was simply wrong :)

uh oh... look what little Victoria did... so cute...;)
(courtesy of hola.es)

Attachments

• victoria.jpg
    victoria.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 274
IMO, i think that Elena went many times to the clinic to stay with Letizia because she had 2 cesarean and maybe she wants to be next to Letizia to share experiences.

From Argentina, this article discusses with something like amusement and astonishment that little Leonor, with not even a week of age, already has her entire future planned, and how people are already discussing if it would be prudent for her to be trained in all three branches of the military as was her father.

http://www.corrientesnoticias.com.ar/interior.php?nid=11728

Genevieve said:
Thank you. My last off topic question: Is Elena/Helen a common name in either the Spanish or Greek royal family?

elena, in spanish, has the same root of "helena", "helenos", that corresponds to something relative to greece. in spain it's a normal name, not common, but not unusual. i don't know about greece, but i guess it's quite common due to its meaning.

lucys said:
According to ABC, little Leonor has her father's eyes and her mother's mouth. http://www.abc.es/abc/pg051106/prensa/noticias/Nacional/Nacional/200511/06/NAC-NAC-044.asp
At the moment it is known that the Infanta has inherited the mouth of her mother, Doña Letizia, and the eyes of her father, Don Felipe. Those who have had the opportunity to see Doña Leonor assure that her "abundant hair" is brown, but that the eyebrows are clear, which makes one think that the definitive hair could be blond. Also her hands and feet are well formed and great.
And although some people see more similarities to the Borbón than to the Ortiz, the Prince of Asturias said that the girl "changes every day" and, at first sight, she "has characteristics of both".

I believe that the opinions about to whom she looks alike or not the girl they are not very objective. Really with the exception of the family of the Princess nobody knew her when she was a girl, for what to extract seemed being adults it is difficult enough.
If the photos of the Princes are seen of small the two were fair, of clear eyes and round face ... later they have changed.

Anyway, the journalists must be very happy since the "operation Ruber":D is ending tomorrow. The last two weeks were really busy for them.

Princess Leonors four generations and three generations

It is princess Leonors mother Letizia and mother Paloma,great-grandparents is four generations.Princess Leonors mother Letizia and father,great-grandmother Menuchu is four generations.Princess Leanor and father Felipe,grandfather King Juan Carlos is three generations.

Last edited:
Jose said:
It is princess Leonors mother Letizia and mother Paloma,great-grandparents is four generations.Princess Leonors mother Letizia and father,great-grandmother Menuchu is four generations.Princess Leanor and father Felipe,grandfather King Juan Carlos is three generations.
Leonor isn't a princess, is HRH Infanta of Spain. Only the heir to the spanish throne has the title of Prince/Princess. In Spain, right now, the only Prince is Felipe and the only Princess is his wife, Letizia :)

http://www.diariodesevilla.com/diariodesevilla/articulo.asp?idart=2034482&idcat=729&compartido=yes

The Princes of Asturias will present tomorrow their daughter Leonor

Hundreds of photographers they wait at the edge of the clinic to immortalize the moment madrid. Tomorrow all the mysteries will clear up themselves. The eyes of thousands of Spanish will go on Monday on the verge of the clinical Ruber Internacional of Madrid to see the exit of the Princes of Asturias and her first-born one the Infanta Leonor. Around ten o'clock in the morning, the proud parents will take direction to the Palace of Zarzuela to enjoy their daughter in an environment of major intimacy.

A legion of cameras and photographers they wait for a few days in the door of the clinic Ruber of Madrid to know Dona Leonor. You upset one week after the illumination, which took place three weeks before the foreseen, the Princess of Asturias and her daughter will leave the room number ten of the hospitable center to go to their house to resting.
The doctors who attend to the Princess and to her daughter, at the head of that there is the gynaecologist Luis Ignacio Recasens, who has attended to the pregnancy and the childbirth, decided on Friday to give them of discharge on Monday, the 7th, since the recovery takes place without any type of complications.
In these days, the small Infanta has been recovering slowly forces and weight, thanks to the mother lactation and taken care of the personnel of the clinic, making possible that on Monday produces her exit to the street. For the first time in her life Leonor de Borbón will face multitude of cameras that will chase her from this moment until the end of her days.

FLASHES AND MORE FLASHES

The most probable thing is that this first public presentation scarcely lasts a few minutes, the sufficient thing in order that all the photographers and cameras could catch the first public image of the one who is called to be, in its day, A Queen of Spain. The longest presentations with the rest of the family will take place in the next weeks when the official obligations allow it.

Don Felipe has supported his agenda this week and during the close ones also he has foreseen to come to diverse public acts, meanwhile,Doña Letizia will be useful to the maximum next days to be with her daughter before rejoining to her habitual labor. The most probable thing is that the princess recaptures the official public activities after the Christmas holidays, date in which also this one foreseen Dona Leonor's baptism.

On the verge of the Clinic where the Infanta came to the world, they wait in these numerous curious moments together with the mass media to follow closely everything related to Dona Leonor. Tomorrow they will see their curiosity satisfied. She will have the mouth of her mother and the eyes of her father like some have risked to assure?.

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/principes_asturias_hija_abandonaran_clinica_580806.htm

During the weekend, Don Felipe also has been in the clinic, where today, Sunday, it has been a calm day, without visits. A spokesman of the Royal House informed last Friday on the possibility that, this weekend, and before mother and daughter left the clinic, Erika and Thelma Ortiz Rocasolano (the sisters of the Princess) could go to the clinic to see their niece. Until this afternoon, the presence of both sisters (who are absent of Madrid during all the week in business trips to Bilbao and Thailand) had not been registered by the photographers who are stationed in front of the Rúber, although it is not discarded the possibility of them entering by a lateral door.

I just read the above article in the Vanguardia -- what does "fabina" mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom