It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cadenaser.com/articulo.html?xref=20051031csrcsrtec_7&type=Tes

The name of Infanta Leonor is alluded in more than 7000 blogs. The "technological birth" is how the birth of the first-born of the Princes of Asturias has been described by one blog. Leonor is the protagonist of the net and thousands of people have used their virtual newspaper to look for information about the birth.

There is some reports in the spanish media that seems that official pics of the Infanta together with her parents and probably the Kings were taken today. So, maybe will soon see how little Leonor looks like :)

Congratulations to the new parents! How nice, it was a little princess! Let's hope, she will one day be Queen of Spain!

xicamaluca said:
There is some reports in the spanish media that seems that official pics of the Infanta together with her parents and probably the Kings were taken today. So, maybe will soon see how little Leonor looks like :)
Oh, that would be great!

The name grows on me. I would have prefered Eleanor but I'm not sure if that's very Spanish (I really don't know).

Also, thanks for clearing up my confusion about the website thing. I've never heard of it before and I misunderstood. I thought the government was trying to stop ALL websites that would be created with her name. Silly me! :)

xicamaluca said:

That's unusual... Maybe they would be trying to avoid the press conference when mother and daughter leave the clinic?

Leonor! Is there any royal with that name? I really don't like the name. No! But perhaps the little princess will have additionally some more names, nicer I hope. Sophia. Maria, etc... And even Eleonor or Eleanora would have been better. Much better! No offences, just my idea...

Last edited:
Alexandra said:
Leonor! Is there any royal with that name? I really don't like the name. No! But perhaps the little princess will have additionally some more names, nicer I hope. Sophia. Maria, etc...
TVE showed a report about the name of the Infanta Leonor. They refered to Queen Leonor of Aragon, the mother of King Enrique of Castille, known as El Doliente, who inspired the book "El doncel de don Enrique el Doliente" by Mariano José de Larra (CP Letizia offered, as an engagement gift (the "literary jewel"), an original edition of this book). Enrique, el doliente was also the first Prince of Asturias.

They also refered to Leonor de Aquitania (Eleanor of Aquitaine), Queen of England and France.She was the mother of Queen Leonor of Castille (born Leonora of England), the wife of King Alfonso VIII. This Kings founded Cuenca Cathedral, which the Princes of Asturias visited during their honeymoon.

As you see, is an historical name in Spain :)

Anna_R said:
That's unusual... Maybe they would be trying to avoid the press conference when mother and daughter leave the clinic?
It's only rumours for now ;) But i belive, that even if the pics are published, a press conference will be held when both mother and daughter leave the clinic.

I quite like the name Leonor. I can't wait to see the new little Infanta Leonor. :)

How do you pronounce the name in Spanish? Just as it is written? There are on this site a few examples how it is pronounced, but propably it is the English way to pronounce:

Leon-air-ah
Lay-on-or

I don't understand those. Don't you just pronounce the name L-e-o-n-o-r?

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/html/av2570989.htm

Ribadesella will celebrate with fireworks Infanta`s birth

Ribadesella's Town hall, municipality to which the Princess of Asturias feels very linked, will celebrate with fireworks the birth of her daughter, the Infanta Leonor.
This way, around 19:30, as they informed to Efe sources of the Council, the throwing firework is foreseen from the Top of the Sandbank, in order that they could be seen from all the points of the villa.
Besides, from the Town hall telegrams of letter of congratulation have been sent to the Kings, to the Princes, to the grandmother of the Princess Leticia, Menchu Alvarez of the Valley, neighbor of the villa, and to other relatives of Dona Letizia.
The Princess of Asturias is very linked to this Asturian municipality since in it she pass good summer part of her infancy, concretly in Sardéu's locality, where her grandmother continues residing.

Alexandra said:
How do you pronounce the name in Spanish? Just as it is written? There are on this site a few examples how it is pronounced, but propably it is the English way to pronounce:

Leon-air-ah
Lay-on-or

I don't understand those. Don't you just pronounce the name L-e-o-n-o-r?
It's Leon-or (like you say the word "or")

If they change the law to allow her to succeed to the throne even if she has younger brothers, that'll change the order of succession for Elena's two children too, won't it?

Elspeth said:
If they change the law to allow her to succeed to the throne even if she has younger brothers, that'll change the order of succession for Elena's two children too, won't it?
Infanta Elena oldest child is a boy, Froilan, so nothing happens. Same to Infanta Cristina, Irene is the younguest of her children.

Elspeth said:

yes, it would... but victoria is younger than froilan, so still, he would reign.

by the way the name leonor is pronounced:

Le: as in let
o: as in or
n: as in night
or: as in or

Congrats to Felipe and Letizia...and, a great life to the future Queen of Spain, Leonor!

#1-8: King Juan Carlos of Spain, right, and Queen Sofia smile as they speak to the media after visiting their daughter in law, Crown Princess Letizia, who gave birth to her first child at Madrid's Ruber International Clinic, Monday, Oct. 31, 2005. #9: Spain's Princess Letizia's grandmother Menchu Alvarez, center, father Jesus Ortiz, left, and his fiancee Marta Tagore, right, arrive at Madrid's Ruber International Clinic, Monday, Oct. 31, 2005. Crown Princess Letizia gave birth to a girl on Monday named Leonor who immediately became second in line to the throne after her father, Crown Prince Felipe, and might someday be Spain's queen. (AP Photo/Daniel Ochoa de Olza)
#9: Spain's Princess Letizia's grandmother Menchu Alvarez, center, father Jesus Ortiz, left, and his fiancee Marta Tagore, right, arrive at Madrid's Ruber International Clinic, Monday, Oct. 31, 2005.(AP Photo/Daniel Ochoa de Olza)
All photos from AP

Attachments

• ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 242
  • ap3.jpg
    ap3.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 247
  • ap4.jpg
    ap4.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 197
  • ap6.jpg
    ap6.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 210
  • ap7.jpg
    ap7.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 233
Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.efe.es/nacional/principal.asp?opcion=1

The Princess of Asturias and her daughter are perfectly sixteen hours after the childbirth

Madrid, 31 oct (EFE) .-This evening, sixteen hours after the childbirth, which took place at 01.46 hours of this dawn, the Princess of Asturias and her daughter, the Infanta Leonor, are "perfectly", as reported a speaker of the House of the King.
(...)

Her name is growing on me now...and I am starting to like it.

Does anyone know what her full name is..middle names..etc?

I know she will be styled HRH Infanta....

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/don_felipe_abandona_clinica_horas_572133.htm

Don Felipe leaves clinic after 24 hours with his wife and daughter

The Prince of Asturias left at 22.10 hours of this night the clinical Ruber Internacional of Madrid after having remained in this center more than 24 hours in which he accompanied his wife Doña Letizia in the process of the childbirth of their first-born one, the Infanta Leonor.
Don Felipe who came yesterday at 20.00 hours together with the Princess of Asturias to the clinical center where this dawn the illumination of the daughter took place of both, went out of the hospitable enclosure leading his car and he stopped a few instants to do a few commentaries to the out-standing journalists there.
The Prince of Asturias declared that ' the Princess and the girl are well ' after what continued his route towards his residence in La Zarzuela.
Tomorrow, on Tuesday, with all probability they will come to know her niece the Infantas Elenas and Cristina that when she was born the small Leonor were out of Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom