It's a Girl for Pieter-Christiaan & Anita - Emma Francisca Catharina: Nov. 28, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally we Dutchies got our Emma in the royal family. I have been hoping for an Emma when Laurentien first got pregnant (and lots of people with me) and finally: there she is! :wub:

Maxie said:
Finally we Dutchies got our Emma in the royal family. I have been hoping for an Emma when Laurentien first got pregnant (and lots of people with me) and finally: there she is! :wub:

ummm......you already have an Emma- Countess Emma Luana Ninette Sophie, daughter of Prince Friso and Princess Mabel. Although this Emma will probably be called Emma.

Does anybody know why PC and Anita chose Emma? (I know why the Francisca and Catherina)
And why Friso and Mabel chose Emma? (I don't mean to get off topic, mods, but I want to know for comparisons sake.)

She looked sooo big, I'll bet she is glad that she finally had the baby!:wub:
Congratulations to her and her family.

LadyK said:
ummm......you already have an Emma- Countess Emma Luana Ninette Sophie, daughter of Prince Friso and Princess Mabel. Although this Emma will probably be called Emma.

Does anybody know why PC and Anita chose Emma? (I know why the Francisca and Catherina)
And why Friso and Mabel chose Emma? (I don't mean to get off topic, mods, but I want to know for comparisons sake.)

Well the calling name is what I actually meant. One of my names is Hubertina and I'm mighty glad that's not my calling name, so there's some difference between having Emma as one of your names or as your calling name. :lol:

Our first Queen was an Emma. She was the second wife of of king Willem III and she reigned in the years between Willem's death and his daughter Wilhelmina's 18th birthday.

Not to be nitpicking, but before Emma we already had various Queen-consorts: the wives of Willem I, II and III: Queen Wilhelmina(-Frederica), Queen Anna Pavlovna and Queen Sophie. And before that even Queen Hortense, for a short while, wife of Louis Napoleon (who was King of Holland).

Marengo said:
Not to be nitpicking, but before Emma we already had various Queen-consorts: the wives of Willem I, II and III: Queen Wilhelmina(-Frederica), Queen Anna Pavlovna and Queen Sophie. And before that even Queen Hortense, for a short while, wife of Louis Napoleon (who was King of Holland).

No, your nitpicking, don't worry. :flowers: You're actually right, but I meant the first reigning queen (and even that is not the same as Wilhelmina, Juliana and Beatrix). Oh dear, why don't I get it right the first time I say it? :lol:

Great news!!:flowers: Congrats to the family, I'm not very fond of the second name: Francisca, but I really like the name Emma, plus it has a lot of history in the family.

Congrats to them. I love the name. And the tradition of the firstborn being a girl continues! After Beatrix and Margriet had all boys it seems they'll hardly get any for grandchildren!

Congratulation to them all :flowers: Beautiful names of the newborn little Van Vollenhoven.
It was on time as someone said.

Netherlands - royal girls family:lol:

Last edited:
Wonderful! Congratulations to the couple! :)

Someone said the baby will be born 28th or 29th of november! very good guess :lol:

Congratulation for the parents!!!
I really like the names, it's a good choise.

Maxie said:
I'm totally with you! Haven;t understood for all these years why oh why these royal girls wouldn't grant such a gorgeous name, with such a history in that family, to their offspring!

Zaria, Alexia, Luana...forgive me, but all these made-up-or-not names given to new princesses recently, to me, conjure up images of sexier-than-thou-while-giving-bruce-lee-a-run-for-his-euros characters from the video game realm. Ugh.

Now, Emma, that's not only a friendly sounding name, but soooo fit for a Dutch princess! Too bad only that now, Maxima can't allocate it to her third daughter..

Congratulations to the DRF the Dutch People and the Proud Parents, Great News! :)

Congratulations to the couple! What a lovely name they chose for their daughter. Can't wait to see some pictures of the little one.

Congratulations to Anita & Pieter-Christiaan !

I love the name Emma !

a girl for princess Anita

oh my god, what's a terrible name. EMMA. No one would call his child Emma.
Emma is an old name from the past.

a girl named EMMA

Oh my god what a terrible name. EMMA. no one calls his girl Emma today.

Well I love Emma, and some names from the past are getting popular again, like Anna or Katharina, the are poular now and were 100 years ago, but for example not 30 years ago.

Emma is a very poular name here in the states where it has become quite fashionable again-the past several years it has been in the top ten or twenty of names given to newborn girls.I think it's very pretty.

In the Netherlands the name 'Emma' is rather popular to, in 2005 it was no 2 on the list of most popular names given to newborn babies.

congrats to Christian and Anita on their birth of baby girl but im not sure if have receive titles or not

;) i don,t think that little emma will get any titles because her nieces and nefews dont, have them either.;)

It is nice it was a girl again! And nice is the name of that little one.

Wellcome little Emma Francisca Catharina!

Congratulations to the brand new parents!

When was little Emma actually born? On 29th or 28th? At which time?

Question: did they show her photos?

Good question! I would like to see that baby! :flowers: :wub:

mims111 said:
Good question! I would like to see that baby! :flowers: :wub:

I saw one photo in all thing royals and there say that the photo is from the royal house web but I don't know if this is true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom