Haakon and Mette-Marit Current Events: Nov, 2003 - Apr, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not happy about the outfit, too dark overall and the hat is completely over the top.

I agree with you Hannelore. While the outfit is lovely, it looked more suitable for a night ceremony. It was too glitzy and too dark, a nice peach or blue color would've been better. I don't like the silver accessories or the "hat" either.

Haakon looked handsome.

2 more pictures

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 375
  • mette.jpg
    mette.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 980
I concur about the outfit. The hat just doesn't make any sense to me.

Mette-Marit seems to be very fond of non-hat hats. I personally am not fond of such hats -- I like hats that are actually hats, instead of something that looks like a bird's nest or an actual bird that is stuck to your head.

I was watching a bit of the wedding coverage on CNN and Anderson Cooper didn't seem too fond of these hats either. Mette-Marit's special "creation" was not among the ones shown during the coverage, but he made me laugh when he commented on "if twigs and grass are what constitute as hats in this country." Later on there was a woman in the church whose hat Anderson Cooper said reminded him of "fungi" growing on her head.

I also concur with the hat. I'm not fond of hats in general, especially not ones that look as if they could poke someone's eye out! It looks dangerous. :D As far as the outfit is concerned, I think it was nice, but I think it would of been better suited for a different occasion other than a wedding.

One more picture from Mette-Marit and Hakon today

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 867
Haakon and Mette-Marit has had some low profile events theese last days, and suddenly the person in charge of the royal web though it was a good idea to update with some pictures, albeit with terrible quality

7 April Haakon takes part in Requiem mas for HH The Pope in St Olavs church in Oslo

7 April As Protector of the TV auction Haakon visited one of the organisations that will take part this year, a crisis center fo women in Oslo

7 april
Mette-Mairt in an audience with two people from the military (Forsvarsforeningen) What do you know she is wearing colour:D

5 April
Haakon and Mette-Marit host a dinner for 21 young gründere (people who start their own business) in their home

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 339
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 442
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 459
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
Pics from UK Press

Why is she wearing gloves in just one hand:confused:

Attachments

• Norway_at_Wedding_1-UKP.jpg
    Norway_at_Wedding_1-UKP.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 338
  • Norway_at_Wedding_2-UKP.jpg
    Norway_at_Wedding_2-UKP.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 466
  • Norway_at_Wedding_3-UKP.jpg
    Norway_at_Wedding_3-UKP.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 447
  • Norway_at_Wedding_4-UKP.jpg
    Norway_at_Wedding_4-UKP.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 329
  • Norway_at_Wedding_5-UKP.jpg
    Norway_at_Wedding_5-UKP.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 305
pdas1201 said:
Pics from UK Press

Why is she wearing gloves in just one hand:confused:

Norwegian tradition (also sometimes scandinavian), the person wears the left glove and holds the right glove in the left hand so that she can shake hand with the bare hand.

Mandy said:
Norwegian tradition (also sometimes scandinavian), the person wears the left glove and holds the right glove in the left hand so that she can shake hand with the bare hand.

Thanks, Mandy, I learnt something new today.

pdas1201 said:
Thanks, Mandy, I learnt something new today.

Your welcome. Something that I have learned too, people from the coldest countries are the warmest greeters.

I for one love the suit that she wore to the wedding today along with the silver purse, shoes, pin, etc.. but I believe that the outfit should have been saved for an evening occasion. I did not like that hat at all.

Wow, that "hat" certainly is something special. :rolleyes: The shoes don't go with the outfit very well, but I personally don't like light shoes when everything else is dark. Haakon looked great. Thanks everyone for the photos, and I too, learnt something new today (the glove). :)

I actually liked the hat, though I do think that the princess has been favoring hats like these.

Danielle said:
Wow, that "hat" certainly is something ... Haakon looked
And my two cents worth
... the navy blue outfit was all that great.
... same for the hat.
... Haakon seemed off his feed, dour, not his usual sunny self (perhaps concern about his father?)
... what glove?

Mandy said:

It's not just Norwegian tradition, it's etiquette :)

Comming events for Haakon and Mette-Marit, there might be changes and additions

Today and Wednesday there are medal ceremonys, Mette-Marit might attend but not sure, dont know how they do this when the King is sick and Haakon in Japan, it is usually the King who precide over theese ceremonys

APRIL

14. Haakon: Audience with the President of Croatia
14. Haakon:Lunch with the President of Croatia

15. Haakon: Statecouncel

18. H&M-M: Opening of internaional week in Drammen

http://www.fn.no/distriktskontor/oest/internasjonal_uke_drammen_april_2005?PHPSESSID=9d4b43e53ddacb76df3b8a4cba6ae8c9

20. H&M-M: Audience with the Prime minister of Poland

22. Haakon: Statecouncil

23. M-M : Norwegian Championship in lifesaving in her hometown Kristiansand

http://www.livredning.no/pages/framside.asp?id=framside

26. M-M : Opening if Childrens film festival in Kristiansand

english: http://www2.filmweb.no/kristiansandkino/barnefilmfestivalen/english/

27: M-M : Present for the opening of 1905 exhibition on the womens museum - Kongsvinger

http://www.glomdalen.no/kultur/article1488351.ece

28: M-M : Together wth the Queen she will open the "Norwegian and Swedes" exhibition in Oslo

http://www.norskfolke.museum.no/
29. Haakon: Statecouncil

May
9. H&M-M : Opening of visitor center, Eidsvoll togethere with the Queen

10-13 : Statevisit from Japan in Oslo and Trondheim

13. Haakon: Statecouncel

13. Haakon: Visit to Polhøgada, the home of Fridtjof Nansen, Bærum

17. : National day, whatch the childrens parade outside their home Skaugum and apparance at the balcony for the big parade in Oslo

There will be a three day visit to Poland in the end of May beginning of June

Last edited:
How did they comment the birth of Leah Isadora?

From the look of the cover, Se og Hør has a story about Mette-Marits "Dramatic" weightloss, and also about Ari gaining weight:rolleyes: (They do know what is important in life) The picture is from her visit to the Fountainhouse around the time the King was admittet to hospital for the second time

Also two more picture from Haakon and Mette-Marits visit to a day center for HIV positives some weeks ago

Yesterday Haakon again visited NRK and the TV action before he went to the hospital to see the King, the Kings stay in hospital has been prolonged and the doctors says he will not be released before over the weekend

Attachments

• mmm.jpg
    mmm.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 387
  • aksept.jpg
    aksept.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 554
  • aksept2.jpg
    aksept2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 215
  • nkgdf.jpg
    nkgdf.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:
The Queen and Mette-Marit host a medal ceremony on wednesday, here they greet a nurse that has been awarded with the Kings medal (Kongens fortjenestemedalje) for her long work

www.kongehuset.no

Attachments

• sonja mm.jpg
    sonja mm.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 681
From HELLO!

Crown Princess Mette-Marit voted 'Royal Wedding's Queen of Chic'

Norway's reputation for style isn't quite so well-established as that of France of Italy, but the country's crown princess has proved herself a bona-fide fashion queen. After nearly 20,000 of you logged on to vote for the most elegant guest at the recent royal wedding, Mette-Marit has emerged the clear victor.

Crown Prince Haakon's pretty wife took 30 per cent of the vote in our online poll, thanks to the intricately-detailed deep purple jacket and skirt she wore to Charles and Camilla's big day. The pregnant mother of two, who completed the look with a delicate feather headdress, was very much the belle of the ball on April 9 in Windsor.

Princess Margaret's daughter Lady Sarah Chatto came a respectable second with a sophisticated silver-grey suit and matching broad-brimmed hat, while Princess Eugenie took third with an appropriately coloured royal blue coatdress. And although Tara Palmer-Tomkinson and Zara Phillips rounded out the top five with more striking prints, Sophie Wessex was hot on their heels in white.

The other contenders, who included Laura Parker Bowles and Joanna Lumley, didn't garner quite so many votes as their fellow guests. But despite the many style statements that were made at the reception, it was the bride herself, in a stunning porcelain blue silk coat-gown, who received the most plaudits from the fashion police.

Attachments

• elegantguest-dop1a.jpg
    elegantguest-dop1a.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 266
I posted news & pics from an event with both Crown Prince Haakon & Queen Sonja in the new Family news & pictures thread

Norwegian newspaper 'Dagbladet' also proudly notes Mette-Marit's win in the HELLO! poll, as 20 000 readers voted and 30% of the total votes went to her. They "honour" the occasion with these recent pics:

Attachments

• mm_jyttenielsen.jpg
    mm_jyttenielsen.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 366
  • mm_henvsak.jpg
    mm_henvsak.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 259
Well, I thought she looked good. I'm not to sure about her hats, but in this case it suited the outfit. A traditional hat might have made the suit look frumpy, I think.

All I will say is that there was not many well dressed women in that wedding with the exception of Camilla and Lady Chatto....I still cant get over the silver shoes:eek:

Im eagerly avaiting\dreading :rolleyes: what headconstructions she will be sporting in the comming days, the statevisit will be quite formal so I assume hats will be necessary.

Larzen said:
All I will say is that there was not many well dressed women in that wedding with the exception of Camilla and Lady Chatto....I still cant get over the silver shoes:eek:

Im eagerly avaiting\dreading :rolleyes: what headconstructions she will be sporting in the comming days, the statevisit will be quite formal so I assume hats will be necessary.

So true. There really wasn't anyone who was particularly stunning or who wore something that really caught the eye.

I didn't like Mette-Marit's choice of suit because I thought that the cut of it was a bit matronly for such a young woman. It wasn't awful, but she could have looked so much better. I liked the hat. I didn't particulary care for the style when they first appeared because they were so different. However, Mette Marit is one woman who really wears the style well and has helped to change my opinion. I think that it suits her. Many of the other women who attended the wedding wore the same style or something similar and it didn't suit them at all.

I agree with the silver shoes. That was the choice that I found to be awful. It simply didn't look good.

The Crown Princely Couple get award

Haakon and Mette-Marit has been selected for this year Anette Thommesens memorial funds honarary award. They get the prize for their work to integrate immigrants in to the Norwegian society, and has tried to make it a positive factor.

Olaf H. Thommessen in the foundation says the couple has not chosen the easiest and most uncontrovertial subject to focus on, there had been many much more unctrovertial things they could have worked for.

Thommesen says some of the things H and MM has done for this important cause is visit asylum for young immigrants who lives in Norway without their parents. Visit and support from their foundation to a soccerclub that uses sport in intergration of young immigrants. They also attended the demonstration after an adopted coloured boy was stabbed to death by nazis, they have also supported the organisation"youths against violence", and given money from their humanitarian fund to an organisation where young immigrants can get help with their homework.

Thommesen is delighted the couple has accepted the award, they will be presented with the award at the palace on June 13th.

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/innenriks/kongehuset/4761055.html

Attachments

• mmm.jpg
    mmm.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
Attending Bergen International Festival

The agenda for Haakon and Mette-Marits visit to Bergen and the annual "Bergen International Festival"

kl. 12.25: CP couple arrives at St Olavs square, recieving flower and listening to music
kl. 12.45: The opening ceremony in Grieg Hall
kl. 13.40: Arrival at Bergenshus fortress, The Crown Prince will inspect the honorary guard
kl. 14.15: Lunch in Haakons Hall
kl. 20.00: The opening show in Grieg Hall
Tomorrow
kl. 13.00: See exhibition in Bergen Art hall

From BT.no this is the most festive day in Bergen next to national day so they seem to cover the visit quite well. Both Haakon and Mette-Marit has arrived

Attachments

• bergen.jpg
    bergen.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 269
  • Uten navn.jpg
    Uten navn.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 307
  • ba.jpg
    ba.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 326
  • ba3.jpg
    ba3.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 240
  • kcbd.jpg
    kcbd.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 357
  • mmm.jpg
    mmm.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 416
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
More. The jacket looks very big, she has worn it before when not pregnant and somehow it did not look this big:confused: . Other than that not to bad, shoes and purse that match each other and the suit, no visible roots and even added a brooch and a bracelet. She could maybe have put her hair in a bun or something...

They looked like they enjoyed them self and there was a huge crowd, Bergen should have been the capital:D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 308
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 357
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 214
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 278
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 363
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 813
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 267
  • zzzzzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzzzzz.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 292
  • zzzz.jpg
    zzzz.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 255
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Nice pictures... They look great. :)

Maybe MM had the jacket altered which is why it looks larger now than before she was pregant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom