Guillaume's Relationship with Pia Haraldsen

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gaggleofcrazypeople said:
But didn't they start dating after he went to uni?(mid year?)

I thought they met at Haakon and Mette-Marit's wedding in 2001. He didn't start going to Durham until 2002, so he must have at least been acquainted with her by then, even if they weren't actually dating yet. Maybe she was part of the reason why he want there, who knows?

But didn't they start dating after he went to uni?(mid year?)

I don't know exactly when they started dating, but delineate is right- they met at Haakon and MM's wedding in Oslo in August 2001.

Hi everyone:)! As I promised here is a pic I've just scan today from an old point de vue magazine from 2003. Here is a translation of the article ( sorry for my english:eek: ) :
Guillaume of Luxembourg -- first idyll?
The heir of the Luxembourg trone has been seen in charming company while spending a few days of holiday skiing, with others friends, in the swiss station of Gstaad. And the lovely young Scandinavian who is with the grand-duke Guillaume isn't some stranger, her first name is Pia and her last name is .... Haraldsen, like her paternal aunt, Her Majesty the queen of Norway!
I didn't put the original text because the file was too large:eek: .

Attachments

• 222222222.JPG
    222222222.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,985
Thanks for the photo.
I rarely so pictures of him and Pia when they were together. I still think they made a bad couple. Is she smiling for the cameras?

I have to agree with you rere, they do make a bad couple.

And, in all the photos I've seen of them together, Guillaume is either looking down or away from the camera, and Pia, while not looking directly at the camera, has a huge smile on her face, like she knows someone is taking a picture of her. Oi.

I don't think I've ever seen any photos of the two where he's looking at her, either. And her expression always seems to be one of "Look at me, I'm dating a prince!"

delineate said:
I don't think I've ever seen any photos of the two where he's looking at her, either. And her expression always seems to be one of "Look at me, I'm dating a prince!"
I never realized until you said it. She does have that kind of look on her face. Luckily they aren't together anymore.

I don't even want to start about my feelings about Pia and Guillaume, but you certainly are right about all the photos of them together. Guillaume definately wanted to keep his private life private and Pia wanted her private life to be public.

everytime i've seem pics of her alone or with him, the vibe i've gotten from here has been "oooooo, i am, or i dated, a prince. ppl, do take pics of me b/c i am special, yippie skippie", yeah, special ed. she's dreadful. i'm happy guillaume sent her on her way. *looks at pic sighs and goes, "ack". hehe.

msfroyste said:
everytime i've seem pics of her alone or with him, the vibe i've gotten from here has been "oooooo, i am, or i dated, a prince. ppl, do take pics of me b/c i am special, yippie skippie", yeah, special ed. she's dreadful. i'm happy guillaume sent her on her way. *looks at pic sighs and goes, "ack". hehe.

Yes, she really is an attention seeker. I'm really glad they split. Guillaume can do much better than her.

Does anybody know what Henri and Maria Theresa thought about the relationship? Because the whole attention-seeking attitude doesn't fit in well with the entire family, not just Guillaume.

i bet they got the same vibe we all did but also a photo is taken in less than a second (a smaller frame of time that i can't remember) and a facial expression can change just as quick.
so in all those pictures guillaume may have just said something funny and she is just reacting to it.
they may have been a wonderful couple out of the limelight and she may be a wonderful person.
we just have to look at all sides because we don't know everything.

mims111 said:
what happened with Pia?
Someone said they had a chaotic relationship, I believe they broke up in 2003, then i think there were rumours that they got back together. But now they are broken up for good.

In regards to the newest picture, his hair and beard are all wrong. No girlfriend would allow this "look" to continue so safe to say he probably doesn't have one.

Here is my theory concerning Guillaume's social life. He and Pia reportedly had a "chaotic" relationship that lasted from 2002 until 2004. He seemed like he was really into her, but I don't think it was mutual. She seemed to like him for the money and the title. Being the sensitive young man that he is, the final split was very hard on him and it took him a long time to recover. There has only been one pic of him with a nonroyal or political female since the split which was in April of 2005. But that was at a party; it was probably only a one time thing.
It he doesn't already have a girlfriend by now, he is certainly at the stage where he is looking for a girl. But the family is so private, we may not know until he gets engaged who this girl is.

Well I think he likes that his personal life isn't splashed across the headlines.

Here is my theory concerning Guillaume's social life. He and Pia reportedly had a "chaotic" relationship that lasted from 2002 until 2004. He seemed like he was really into her, but I don't think it was mutual. She seemed to like him for the money and the title. Being the sensitive young man that he is, the final split was very hard on him and it took him a long time to recover. There has only been one pic of him with a nonroyal or political female since the split which was in April of 2005. But that was at a party; it was probably only a one time thing.
It he doesn't already have a girlfriend by now, he is certainly at the stage where he is looking for a girl. But the family is so private, we may not know until he gets engaged who this girl is.

I agree, we'll probably not hear of (her) until very into the relationship.

Very true! I agree with that part about Pia. She looked like she is glad, that paparazzi take that photos.

Yes Pia looks like a type of girl that loves press attention
I heard there was a point where she also had her own tv show , I think its called Shoperholic or somthing like that.... you could Search on the Net for it..

grandempressxx said:
I heard there was a point where she also had her own tv show , I think its called Shoperholic or somthing like that.... you could Search on the Net for it..

She's Norway's Paris Hilton!!! XD

grandempressxx said:

She wrote articles for some newspaper, but it was something celebrity related and kind of pointless. She also dated some sort of sportsman, but I forget what sport he played.

Its kinda funny cos she even takes pictures like Paris Hilton.:p

I can't imagine her becoming Hereditary Grand Duchess..:eek:

grandempressxx said:
Its kinda funny cos she even takes pictures like Paris Hilton.:p

I can't imagine her becoming Hereditary Grand Duchess..:eek:

Not only HGD, but I cant imagine her as Guillaumes wife!!!

Oh, please NO!! But I do think Guillaume is MUCH smarter to NOT get with her again!!

Even with all of their differences, she is too tall for them to ever work. I heard somewhere that in order for a relationship to work, the girl has to be about 3 or 4 inches shorter than the guy. She is about Guillaume's height, so it would have never worked anyway.

Even with all of their differences, she is too tall for them to ever work. I heard somewhere that in order for a relationship to work, the girl has to be about 3 or 4 inches shorter than the guy. She is about Guillaume's height, so it would have never worked anyway.

Thats interesting! I never heard that before....:confused:

Mind you some guys I guess prefer it when the girls shorter, it depends on the individual....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom