Grimaldi Family Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Top 10: Grimaldi Jewels | The Court Jeweller

Excluding 4, 8, and 10, I think these jewels are amazing. My overall favorite is the pearl tiara. It is one one my favorite tiaras ever. Charlene's engagement ring, the fringe necklace, Grace's diamond necklace and small diamond tiara are also stunning.

Charlene's engagement ring is a standout stunner, as was Princess Grace's.

at the Princess Grace exhibit it was listed as property of the Prince of Monaco.

At her wedding on 1st August, Beatrice Borromeo wore some floral hair ornaments at the side of her hairstyle. There are no good enough close-up pictures to see the jewels clearly.

It is difficult to decide if they come from the same set as those which Princess Charlene borrowed from Princess Caroline for her own wedding. I have made a comparison with pictures from Charlene’s and Beatrice’s wedding hairdos. If the hair ornaments are the same, Beatrice would only have used a part of that set. Maybe she only wore parts that only have small flowers in them?
View image: beatrice borromeo
View image: comparison floral ornament

For me is totally different. The flowers of Beatrice is very small compared το Charlene.

According to the Giorgio Armani House press release, the broches come from the Borromeo family and they are historical.

According to the Giorgio Armani House press release, the broches come from the Borromeo family and they are historical.

Do you have a link to the press release? I can't find it after a 15 minute search. Thanks.

Thank you, fandesacs2003! So that clarifies what could only be suspected from the unclear pictures:flowers:.

I wonder if Charlene's wedding hair was some kind of inspiration for Beatrice. Of course she woudln't do exactly the same, so she created a different style of updo.

:previous: I loved the "Wings" on Beatrice's gown and think how lovely they looked and that Caroline had to be right up with what was to be worn to be able to supply the perfect finishing touch.

However, while we talk about Grimaldi Family Jewels, what jewels are actual Grimaldi jewels and what are Caroline's personal or Hanoverian jewels?

Are there any actual Grimaldi Family Jewels in Alberts little vault?

It is understood the jewels owned by Princess Charlotte de Monaco, Duchesse de Valentinois went to her son Prince Rainier III. And after him to Prince Albert II.

Princess Caroline is the only one whom is regularly seen with the historic jewels (picture). From all these jewels Princess Charlène has only worn the diamond floral wreath diadem as a wrench around her chignon (on her wedding day, see picture), Tatiana Santo Domingo has worn the diamond fringe necklace as a diadem (see picture) and Donna Beatrice Borromeo has worn the diamond wings on her evening dress for the after-wedding festivities.

Why Princess Charlène never wears these items: no idea. Maybe there is a stipulation that only a descendant whom is a Princesse de Monaco can wear these? In that case we may expect Princess Gabriella wearing her great-grandmother's jewels. But why then never Princess Stéphanie with these jewels?

Last edited:
I can't recall when I last saw Princess Stéphanie wearing any jewelry other than her earrings.

It is understood the jewels owned by Princess Charlotte de Monaco, Duchesse de Valentinois went to her son Prince Rainier III. And after him to Prince Albert II.

Princess Caroline is the only one whom is regularly seen with the historic jewels (picture). From all these jewels Princess Charlène has only worn the diamond floral wreath diadem as a wrench around her chignon (on her wedding day, see picture), Tatiana Santo Domingo has worn the diamond fringe necklace as a diadem (see picture) and Donna Beatrice Borromeo has worn the diamond wings on her evening dress for the after-wedding festivities.

Why Princess Charlène never wears these items: no idea. Maybe there is a stipulation that only a descendant whom is a Princesse de Monaco can wear these? In that case we may expect Princess Gabriella wearing her great-grandmother's jewels. But why then never Princess Stéphanie with these jewels?

It might have to due to the fact Charlene's style is fairly minimalist in terms of jewelry and finds the pieces given to her by her husband sufficient. But who knows, maybe Gabriella or the future Mrs. Jacques will be made in the Queen Maxima school of jewel appreciation and run the vault clean. Simply put it, it's all a matter of taste and of the three major Grimaldi women (Caroline, Stephanie, and Charlene) Caroline appears to be the only one who enjoys wearing the family heirlooms.

It's a pity that only Caroline wears her mother's jewels. Stephanie seems to have absolutely no interest in it. The same goes for Charlotte. Afaik, she has never been seen with any family jewels, not even with small pieces.

Grace wore her jewelry ...it didnt wear her. Some people just dont. I guess clothes are the same.

It's a pity that only Caroline wears her mother's jewels. Stephanie seems to have absolutely no interest in it. The same goes for Charlotte. Afaik, she has never been seen with any family jewels, not even with small pieces.

Charlotte Casiraghi of course is no royal and does no royal function. I think the jewels are preserved for Princesses of the House of Monaco with some exceptions like the wedding-loans to Tatiana Santo Domingo and Donna Beatrice Borromeo.

[...] maybe Gabriella or the future Mrs. Jacques [...]

The future spouse of Jacques will be Princesse de Monaco and Marquise des Baux...

:lol:

Princesse Gabriella de Monaco, Comtesse de Carladès of course can surprise us and go the Máxima-way too. Why not? Just some self-assuredness and know that you can wear these fantastic heirlooms with zest.

:flowers:

Charlotte Casiraghi of course is no royal and does no royal function. I think the jewels are preserved for Princesses of the House of Monaco with some exceptions like the wedding-loans to Tatiana Santo Domingo and Donna Beatrice Borromeo.
I didn't only mean the big stately pieces like the tiaras. Princess Grace had loads of smaller, private jewels, which are also appropriate for her non-royal granddaughters.

cdm , great thanks for the picture of Princess Caroline wearing the Hannover tiara at the Denmark wedding with Princess Charlotte's sapphire Necklace.

What did Princess Caroline receive from her Grandmother?
Cartier pearl and diamonds tiara

Fringe tiara worn as necklace is not the same than her grandmother's tiara , spikes are different

Sapphire necklace. More ??

So Princess Caroline bought her daughter in law earrings and lent her to brooches, to me that is one generous, kind and welcoming mother in law.

The Grimaldi has 3 Fringe tiara :
Princess Charlotte, large spikes
Princess Caroline , more spikes large and small
Tatania , large and small spikes but different.

Princess Grace wore a loan spike tiara as she did often. Her hairdo was more important for her than the jewels.

Last edited:
She had little choice as the historic jewels were with Princesse Charlotte de Monaco, Duchesse de Valentinois, who reportedly had a poor relationship with Grace.

The Grimaldi has 3 Fringe tiara :
Princess Charlotte, large spikes
Princess Caroline , more spikes large and small
Tatania , large and small spikes but different.

Do you really think so? I believe it's the same tiara and the differences are because of the blurriness of some of the pictures.

Those earrings work phantastic with the outfit. Very beautiful, and great to see her wearing the wedding present from Caroline.

Btw, do we know anything about a jewel gift that Tatiana received for her wedding?

Back
Top Bottom