Greetings, New Friends

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sweeney Todd

City
Oxnard
Country
United States
Greetings, new friends! It is nice to find a site handled with such dignity and grace. I am Archbishop Lawrence Hicks, Superior General of the Order of Saint Gregory, of the Byzantine Catholic Church. Through my mother I trace to the Earls of Lovat in the Scottish Highlands, and the Romanovs, through my father the Viscounts of Coke and Bath. Nothing terribly noteworthy (other than the overall tragedy of the Romanovs), though bloodlines I am proud of. My principle profession is acting and directing. My vocation is acting as an advisor to and representative of His Beatitude the Patriarch Mar Markus I of the Byzantine Catholic Church. When the Lenin Revolt was inevitable, Tikhon the last Patriarch of Moscow sent his personal people here to the US, who founded a branch of the Byzantine Church here. Over time (and unfortunately, divisive human nature) and two reorganizations, this branch of the One, Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church arrived at the form it now carries. We are far from wealthy and lost most of our real estate in the 1950's and 60's. Priests are notoriously easy to swindle! We pray, and do our best to fill the world around us with light and love. I work in the theater to make my living because I love it. I am currently directing a local high school in the musical "Bye Bye Birdie", while rehearsing for the April opening of "I Love You You're Perfect Now Change" as a benefit for the Darfur Refugee fund (I am acting in that one). I'm just learning the music for the summer's play "Fabulous 40's" about 1940's Hollywood and getting set to stage "Sweeney Todd" for later this year (playing Todd and directing). God is good and I pray for the world's Royals as danger and disrespect increases every day it seems.

Back
Top Bottom