Girl for Prince Friso & Princess Mabel - Joanna Zaria Nicoline Milou: June 18, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do they name the first name but never call them by it. Shouldn't her first name be the one she is called? Didn't they also do this with Luana, isn't that her second name. Is this some kind of tradition?

Rebafan81 said:
Why do they name the first name but never call them by it. Shouldn't her first name be the one she is called? Didn't they also do this with Luana, isn't that her second name. Is this some kind of tradition?
It seems to be some sort of family tradition (It certainly isn't Dutch tradition). For example Willem-Alexander uses "Alexander" as his first name. Always has, evidently. Sometimes I notice members of the Forum referring to him as "Willem", where most Duchies are aware he prefers "Alexander". Same deal with "Johan Friso". His de facto first name is 'Friso'. Come to think of it, it seems this tradition started in 1967, with the birth of, yes, Alexander.

Congratulations to the couple and their families! Lovely name.

Princess BellyFlop said:
Milou? like Tintin's dog??????
Well, one could certainly do worse ;)
Fyi, in the Dutch translation, Tintin's named Kuifje, and his dog's name is 'Bobby', so perhaps Friso and company weren't aware of this..

Congratulations to the family. I love the name Zaria and Milou:)

Can we expect the same treatment of this newborn as Leonore? Such as the message board on the Dutch Royal Website and a photoshoot. Or because they are not officially part of the royal house we wont?

Amelie said:
Can we expect the same treatment of this newborn as Leonore? Such as the message board on the Dutch Royal Website and a photoshoot. Or because they are not officially part of the royal house we wont?

I'm sure there'll be a photoshoot with the Queen, because when Luana was born there was one, so I guess we'll get to see some pics in about two weeks or so.:D

Princess BellyFlop said:
Milou? like Tintin's dog??????

And in Denmark the name of tintins dog is Terry.
By the way grats to the happy little familly :)

Lila Rose said:
Congratulations to Mabel , Friso and Luana with the birth of baby-sister Zaria
Lovely name I think, and it matches with Luana .
Funny that almost all the grandchildren are born in June : Eloise 8 june , Alexia 26 june , Leonore 3 june and now Zaria 18 june:)

One wonders what annual event is there 9 months before in September.... :D

congratulations to the family.welcome Zaria!!!

That is great news! I am so happy for this couple.

She has my name!!! :D :D :D

Congratulations for the whole family!!

Happy Birthday Mabel have two daughter!!! Queen Beatrix has seven grandchildren and best grandmother have his grandchildren!!!!

Another girl! Congratulations for the family!!!

6 girls and 1 boy among Beatrix' grandchildren - I think little Claus needs some reinforcement ;) ;)

lilytornado said:
Nice! But I think Luana and Joanna would have fit better together... but I guess Zaria is unique and I like it.

I love Zaria. It's so different!:)

HM The Queen saw her granddaughter for the first time today. She went from Belgium immediately to London :)

Congratulations to Mabel, Friso and Luana! :) I hope we get to see some photos soon!

The names are very unique. I can't wait for the photoshoot. I read in another board that Queen Beatrix is in London already....

Thank you for the pics Royalsa!

Aaawww, Luana got so cute. A real fun kid (just like cousin Amalia) and Zaria is that what I call "hairy baby"...something that I love. In these pics I also don´t recognise the typical new born Oranje look (which can look a little unfortunate...but grows out usually)

Thank you Royalsa.

I want to be Queen Beatrix Grandchild! So many happiness and joy :)...

What a great pictures, parents look fullfilled, little Luana is so funny and beautiful.

I wish them all happiness in the world!

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Hey Royalsa, great pics. Luana is such a cutie. She reminds me of Astrid Lindgren´s famous little Emil. Truly a little rascal. And Beatrix is for sure a very happy Granny.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics Royalsa!
Luana is a real cutie! And Zaria has a real head of hair, just like her sister did!
I wonder if it will go lighter like Luana's did?

It's obvious the Queen love her grand-daughters, her son and daughter-in-law!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom