General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Abu Dhabi 1:

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
His last public appearance was on January 27, 2022, at his daughter's wedding to Sheikh Hamdan bin Issa bin Zayed

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZN_4p4p1mO/?igshid=YWVjMmZiZjg=

I think in recent years he has only appeared at the weddings of his two daughters and his son Tahnoun; no appearances at any other type of event.

But if he had passed away it would have been reported.

Thanks feiraguy.

Can you make a list for children and grandchildren of Shakhbout? I barely know about the wives of Shakhbout's sons and grandsons.

[Yes i know about Hissa Hamad, bint Sultan bin khalifa and Shakbout line's involvement with Mubarak line. You may create without that]

feiraguy, Is it coincidental that after becoming chairman of ADIG Sheik Tahnoun is making more public appearances compared to last few months or is it just non related ? Hazza is becoming increasingly absent from imp meetings that's for sure.

feiraguy, Is it coincidental that after becoming chairman of ADIG Sheik Tahnoun is making more public appearances compared to last few months or is it just non related ? Hazza is becoming increasingly absent from imp meetings that's for sure.

It's just a coincidence; he attended his nephew's wedding, and attended meetings with his Iranian counterpart and the Syrian president. He is always present at the most strategic meetings.

These are Tahnoun's appearances with international leaders this year

04 Jan: Meeting of MBZ and the King of Jordan
09 Jan: Meeting of MBZ and the Chief of Staff of the Army of Pakistan
18 Jan: Multilateral meeting of MBZ and other GCC Leaders
19 Jan: Multilateral meeting with NSA's of Bahrein, Israel and United States
12 Feb: Meeting of MBZ and the President of Egypt
01 Mar: Met with the Emir of Qatar accompanied by Mansour
16 Mar: Met with his iranian counterpart
19 Mar: Meeting of MBZ and the President of Syria

Is this Zayed, a son of Mohammed bin Suroor bin Mohammed? If he is one of his sons, then it makes Mohammed a father of three.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cp5ahN6JPYd/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Moreover, what's the name of Mohammed bin Suroor's wife, Fatima or Shamma?

His wife is Shamma. In fact he is the father of three, I also didn't know about this son named Zayed.

Thanks feiraguy.

Can you make a list for children and grandchildren of Shakhbout? I barely know about the wives of Shakhbout's sons and grandsons.

[Yes i know about Hissa Hamad, bint Sultan bin khalifa and Shakbout line's involvement with Mubarak line. You may create without that]

I'm not familiar enough with this branch to make this list, maybe in the future I'll take some time to study it

It's just a coincidence; he attended his nephew's wedding, and attended meetings with his Iranian counterpart and the Syrian president. He is always present at the most strategic meetings.

These are Tahnoun's appearances with international leaders this year

04 Jan: Meeting of MBZ and the King of Jordan
09 Jan: Meeting of MBZ and the Chief of Staff of the Army of Pakistan
18 Jan: Multilateral meeting of MBZ and other GCC Leaders
19 Jan: Multilateral meeting with NSA's of Bahrein, Israel and United States
12 Feb: Meeting of MBZ and the President of Egypt
01 Mar: Met with the Emir of Qatar accompanied by Mansour
16 Mar: Met with his iranian counterpart
19 Mar: Meeting of MBZ and the President of Syria

You are right, he was present at all these meetings. But he was also not present when South Korean President visited, Also when PM of Pakistan visited and many other African leaders visited. May be Tahnoun's specialization is Gulf ties.

You are right, he was present at all these meetings. But he was also not present when South Korean President visited, Also when PM of Pakistan visited and many other African leaders visited. May be Tahnoun's specialization is Gulf ties.

Yes, you're right. I have made a quick and very simplified list of Tahnoun's public meetings with different leaders since the death of President Khalifa. Clearly his specialty is GCC, Jordan, Egypt, Israel and Iran. Generally, he does not attend meetings with leaders from other regions of the world, because these meetings do not address strategic issues for the Emirati national security.

Jordan (4), Qatar (4)
Kuwait (2), Israel (2), United States (2),
Bahrein (2), Egypt (2)
United Kingdom (1), India (1), Iraq (1), Saudi Arabia (1), Pakistan (1), Oman (1), Iran (1), Syria (1)

But it's important to say: we're talking about public meetings; most of Tahnoun's work is done in secret. It is already known that he is the main interlocutor between MBZ and MBS, he visits Saudi Arabia frequently; he also coordinates emirati relations with Turkey, Syria, Sudan, Iran... and does so in secret.

Hi, what's up everybody? I hope life has been good to u & hoping all of ur good dream came/comes true :rose2:

Out of topic but I'm gonna say it anyway. Since ramadan is coming soon, I wanted to take my time to apologize to any members of this forum for my poor choice of words and as well to the sheikh/a for being so noisy about their lives. I'm gonna refrain myself from being so noisy in this forum for like 1 day, InsyaAllah its gonna be 1 day plus 2 hours oke!
That's what I can do rn, do not expect such a drastic change from someone LOL :lol:

and to prevent this message from being deleted because it's out of topicness. I'm gonna ask something which is, why none of sh. Khalifa's sons and grandsons didn't hold many "important" position in government compare to sheikh Zayed and Sheikh MBZ's children, why just why? Not me being noisy again :headache:

And Mr & Ms moderators I feel like I want to change my username again if it's permissible. need a new Atmosphere furthermore this name is too mature for me LOL, if it's permissible. And Mr & Ms moderators you may also delete my noisy2 quotes. Thank you very very much. Here take this loves ???

Sultan bin Khalifa was Chairman of the Crown Prince's Court at the time his father was heir; when Khalifa became President, he became "Adviser to the President" and retained some influence. He holds that position to this day, but today he's just a figurehead.

Mohamed bin Khalifa was once Chief Financial Officer of Abu Dhabi and for some time had some influence on financial, economic and investment affairs. He is still a member of the Executive Council, but without a portfolio and without influence, just a figurehead.

About the grandsons, most are young; how many are married, five? Most are too young to hold a position of power. Zayed bin Sultan bin Khalifa is Cultural Adviser at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; Mohamed bin Sultan bin Khalifa has great public exposure and will at some point benefit from marrying Tahnoun's daughter; Mohamed bin Hamad bin Tahnoun is the President's closest son-in-law and seems to have his confidence, he is present at almost all meetings with international leaders.

Last edited:
Yes, you're right. I have made a quick and very simplified list of Tahnoun's public meetings with different leaders since the death of President Khalifa. Clearly his specialty is GCC, Jordan, Egypt, Israel and Iran. Generally, he does not attend meetings with leaders from other regions of the world, because these meetings do not address strategic issues for the Emirati national security.

Jordan (4), Qatar (4)
Kuwait (2), Israel (2), United States (2),
Bahrein (2), Egypt (2)
United Kingdom (1), India (1), Iraq (1), Saudi Arabia (1), Pakistan (1), Oman (1), Iran (1), Syria (1)

But it's important to say: we're talking about public meetings; most of Tahnoun's work is done in secret. It is already known that he is the main interlocutor between MBZ and MBS, he visits Saudi Arabia frequently; he also coordinates emirati relations with Turkey, Syria, Sudan, Iran... and does so in secret.

I have read recently that all is not well between uae and Saudi Arabia. This became evident when MBZ missed gulf countries meeting when Xi Xinping visited Saudi. MBZ sent some small emirate leader to represent him. And MBS was absent when all the gulf leaders visited Abu Dhabi. The article also mentioned that now Crown Prince is not giving appointment to Tahnoun though he is trying a lot. Now both countries are competing to be regional influencers and business hubs. Interesting times I would say. If both countries are falling apart, then Tahnoun has lot of work to do even if it's behind the scenes. Just out of curiosity how was Hazza and National Security Advisor and why was he replaced ?

True, the competition between the two countries is getting bigger every day, there are also disagreements on strategic issues. We will follow this process closely.

I didn't follow Abu Dhabi when Hazza was NSA, I can't say for sure.
But the exchange between Hazza and Tahnoun coincided with a shift in Abu Dhabi's foreign policy, which has become more expansive and influential in the region, becoming directly involved in the Yemen war and indirectly in other armed conflicts in the region.
More likely, Tahnoun proved more capable of driving this change.

About what we talked about yesterday, the meetings with international leaders, MBZ is receiving the Prime Minister of Romania right now; his team has Mansour, Hamdan bin MBZ and Mohamed Bin Hamad; it seems to be MBZ's team for all encounters that aren't strategic, it's always these three, you'll never see Tahnoun in an encounter like this.

I think Mansour is always there no matter the meeting, something to do with his role as Minister of Presidential affairs. These days Hamdan MbZ is constant too. Others keep changing. I just feel again just speculation MBZ is not as active as he was before. He looks tired to me. Hope he is well health wise.

No one is always present at meetings; I already tried to find a logic in how MBZ assembles his teams, but it's impossible, sometimes it seems random. If there is any logic, only he knows.

Look at the teams he built this month (no trips, all in Abu Dhabi)

20 Mar: President of Romania: Mansour, Hamdan Bin Mohamed, Mohamed Bin Hamad
19 Mar: President of Syria: Tahnoun, Mansour, Hamdan Bin Mohamed, Mohamed Bin Hamad
16 Mar: Iranian Security Chief: Tahnoun, Mansour, Hamdan Bin Mohamed, Mohamed Bin Hamad
15 Mar: President of North Macedonia: Hamdan Bin Mohamed, Mohamed Bin Hamad
11 Mar: President of Angola: Mohamed Bin Hamad, Shakhbout Bin Nahyan
09 Mar: President of Iraqi Kurdistan: Mohamed Bin Hamad
07 Mar: First Lady of Ukraine: Abdullah
07 Mar: President of Poland: Mohamed Bin Hamad
06 Mar: President of Mauritania: Hamdan Bin Mohamed
04 Mar: Prime Minister of Italy: Mansour, Abdullah, Khalid Bin Mohamed, Mohamed Bin Hamad

Last edited:
I think it might be based on availability. Brothers Mansour and Tahnoun visited Qatar together and met Dubai ruler too. Abdullah I don't understand when he is present or when he isn't. May be availability too as he is frequently travelling on work. Only MBZ knows what logic is followed if at all there is one.

One more interesting thing I observed, when Biden visited Saudi and met GCC leaders, he invited MBZ to visit Oval office before end of year. This was sometime in May I guess, after MBZ officially became President.Still MBZ didn't go to US. Don't know how to see this.

It is not a question of availability, during this period in which Mansour was absent from six meetings in a row, he attended several events in Abu Dhabi.

Abdullah usually communicates with other ministers of foreign affairs, it is his habit not to participate in meetings with heads of state and government.

Tahnoun, as I said, only participates in meetings related to national security.

I already asked myself these questions that you asked, a long time ago, the conclusion is that it is not possible to know the logic of the President

No one is always present at meetings; I already tried to find a logic in how MBZ assembles his teams, but it's impossible, sometimes it seems random. If there is any logic, only he knows.

Look at the teams he built this month (no trips, all in Abu Dhabi)

20 Mar: President of Romania: Mansour, Hamdan Bin Mohamed, Mohamed Bin Hamad
19 Mar: President of Syria: Tahnoun, Mansour, Hamdan Bin Mohamed, Mohamed Bin Hamad
16 Mar: Iranian Security Chief: Tahnoun, Mansour, Hamdan Bin Mohamed, Mohamed Bin Hamad
15 Mar: President of North Macedonia: Hamdan Bin Mohamed, Mohamed Bin Hamad
11 Mar: President of Angola: Mohamed Bin Hamad, Shakhbout Bin Nahyan
09 Mar: President of Iraqi Kurdistan: Mohamed Bin Hamad
07 Mar: First Lady of Ukraine: Abdullah
07 Mar: President of Poland: Mohamed Bin Hamad
06 Mar: President of Mauritania: Hamdan Bin Mohamed
04 Mar: Prime Minister of Italy: Mansour, Abdullah, Khalid Bin Mohamed, Mohamed Bin Hamad

28 Feb: King of Malaysia: Majlis
26 Feb: King of Bahrain: Mohamed Bin Hamad
23 Feb: Prime Minister of Czech Republic: Mansour, Abdullah, Zayed Bin Hamdan Bin Zayed
22 Feb: Indonesian Defence Minister: Majlis
22 Feb: Crown Prince of Bahrain: Majlis
22 Feb: President of Somalia: Hamdan Bin Mohamed, Mohamed Bin Hamad
15 Feb: Prime Minister of Libya: Mohamed Bin Hamad
14 Feb: Ruler of Sudan: Majlis
13 Feb: Leaders participating in the World Government Summit (WGS): Saif, Mansour, Mohamed Bin Hamad
12 Feb: President of Egypt: Majlis
11 Feb: Speaker of Turkmen Upper House: Mansour, Mohamed Bin Hamad
11 Feb: Chief of Staff of the Army of Pakistan: the participants were not disclosed
09 Feb: Prime Minister of Iraq: Hazza, Saif, Mansour, Abdullah, Hamdan Bin Mohamed, Mohamed Bin Hamad
08 Feb: King of Bahrain: Hamdan, Mansour, Mohamed Bin Hamad, Sultan Bin Hamdan Bin Zayed
03 Feb: President of Belarus: Hazza, Mansour, Hamdan Bin Mohamed, Mohamed Bin Hamad

Wow..it's like seeing the minutes of meeting in terms of attendance. When I say availability, I mean the other meetings only. Mansour, Abdullah, Saif, Khaled MBZ they have their respective meetings/events that they should attend as part of their roles. Sometimes they have to stand in for the president. So they might not attend each and every meeting of the President. May be the foreign official visits is not communicated well in advance. Mansour, Hazza,Abdullah, Hamdan MBZ were there last year when MBZ visited France. Mansour was there on Greece's visit. Only when he met Putin, attendees were not disclosed. Mansour, Nahyan, Saif, Khaled and sons of Tahnoun bin Mohammed are mostly present at majlis. And that defence minister of Indonesia seperately met Mansour. Turkmenistan president met Mansour also seperately. May be MBZ gives few countries to few of his brothers so they can be single point of contact likeTahnoun for Gulf, Abdullah for Israel, India etc and Mansour for this Turkmenistan etc.

It seems to me that "Bani Tahnoun" is consolidating itself as the second most powerful branch, after Bani Fatima.

Mohamed bin Hamad is the President's closest son-in-law, and was the person who most accompanied him to events this year. I don't know if there's any higher role reserved for him than this generic title of "Advisor for Special Affairs", we'll see.

His son Zayed will certainly benefit in some way from being the President's grandson.

Ahmed bin Tahnoun is getting a lot of public exposure, clearly his responsibilities are greater than his title implies.
He will be Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces in a few years.

Mohamed Bin Tahnoun is being groomed for bigger roles; maybe Minister of the Interior, maybe Commander of the Abu Dhabi Police.

Khalifa bin Tahnoun also has a lot of public exposure, and appears to be very close to the President. Despite having a position linked to the Ruler of Abu Dhabi, it is only ceremonial; we will see if he will gain more responsibilities.

The other sons Saeed, Hamad, Sultan, Mansour, Hazza, Dhiyab and Zayed are likely to stay away from power. Strategic marriages can bring their children closer to MBZ and Khalid.

I’ve been looking for the information about Tahnoun bin Mohammed’s family over in this thread. Do you remember if it has been mentioned before? If not, can you list his wives and children?

I already made a post detailing the wives, children and married grandchildren, but I couldn't find it.

From feiraguy, (quote no 368)

The family of Tahnoun Bin Mohamed

WITH HIS FIRST WIFE:

Saeed Bin Tahnoun (m. a daughter of Mubarak Bin Mohamed):
Hamdan Bin Saeed Bin Tahnoun (m. a daughter of Khalifa Bin Mohamed Bin Khalid)
Shamma bint Saeed married Ahmed Bin Nasser Bin Zayed
Daughter married Marwan Bin Rashid Al Mualla of Umm Al Quwain

Hamad Bin Tahnoun (m. Shaikha bint Khalifa Bin Zayed):
Mohamed Bin Hamad Bin Tahnoun (m. Shamsa bint Mohamed Bin Zayed)
Tahnoun Bin Hamad Bin Tahnoun (m. Hamda bint Khalifa Bin Saif)
Hissa bint Hamad married Khalid Bin Khalifa Bin Sultan Bin Shakhbout
Shamma bint Hamad married Hamdan Bin Issa Bin Zayed

Sultan Bin Tahnoun (m. Wadeema bint Zayed, sister of Saeed, Nahyan, Falah and Dhiyab Bin Zayed):
Daughter married Zayed Bin Saeed Bin Zayed

Ahmed Bin Tahnoun (m. Shaikha bint Surour Bin Mohamed)

Mansour Bin Tahnoun (m. Salama bint Khalifa Bin Zayed)

Daughter married Khalifa Bin Mohamed Bin Khalid:
Mohamed Bin Khalifa Bin Mohamed Bin Khalid (m. a daughter of Nahyan Bin Mubarak)
Daughter married Hamdan Bin Saeed Bin Tahnoun
Daughter married Khalifa Bin Nahyan Bin Hamdan

Daughter married Hamdan Bin Mubarak:
Mubarak Bin Hamdan Bin Mubarak (m. a daughter of Saeed Bin Saif)
Daughter married Mohamed Bin Ahmed Bin Hamdan

Daughter married Rashid Bin Hamdan:
Daughter married Mohamed Bin Nahyan Bin Hamdan

WITH HIS SECOND WIFE (Shamsa bint Zayed, sister of Saif, Ahmed, Hamed, Omar and Khalid Bin Zayed):

Hazza Bin Tahnoun (m. Moza bint Mohamed Bin Khalid)

Mohamed Bin Tahnoun (m. Mariam bint Mohamed Bin Zayed)

Dhiyab Bin Tahnoun (m. Latifa bint Khalifa Bin Zayed)

Khalifa Bin Tahnoun (m. Salama bint Hamdan Bin Zayed)

Zayed Bin Tahnoun (unmarried)

Latifa bint Tahnoun married Mohamed Bin Hamdan Bin Zayed

Daughter married Khalid Bin Sultan Bin Zayed

Last edited:
Wait what ? Tahnoun bin Mohamed married a daughter of Sheikh Zayed and his son married another daughter of Sheikh Zayed ? Is that what it is ?

So Khalifa bin Tahnoun and his full brothers are direct grandsons of Sheikh Zayed ?

thank you Puchu!

yes, Tahnoun's second wife, and mother of Khalifa Bin Tahnoun, is a daughter of Sheikh Zayed and sister of Saif Bin Zayed

Sultan Bin Tahnoun also married a daughter of Sheikh Zayed, sister of Saeed Bin Zayed

How old is Tahnoun bin Mohammed ? Wikipedia page doesn't show actual age ? He does seem very active though.

Feiraguy/Puchu,

I have few generic questions if I may ask.

1. Even though caught for attempting coup and losing power, how come Hamdan bin Zayed managed to get such good alliances for his kids ? Two kids married to MBZ's kids ? Has it got something to do with their wives being half sisters ? Or how did that happen ?

2. Since these people are related to each other in more than one way, how do they address each other. Like west have just Aunt, Uncle as generic addressing names, how do these people address each other in general ?

3. Marriage between Zayed bin Mansour and Meera bin Hazza is seemingly no use to their fathers. Zayed bin Mansour has no political role as well and makes no appearances alongside with his father . In general royals who are in their late 20s or 30s who do not have a political career and are exceedingly rich what do they do ? Businesses or what kind of work they do ? Agree, they don't have to work, still they can't holiday all life right ?

4. Is there any video of Tahnoun bin zayed's speeches ? Has he made any public speeches ? I have seen Saif, Mansour, Abdullah talking at events like world Govt summit etc. But have not come across Tahnoun's.

Last edited:
Do you know which daughter of Sheikh Shakhbout still lives? According to this article Sheikha Ousha’s sister lives in Al Ain but it was written some time ago so things could change:
https://www.thenationalnews.com/uae...turns-to-her-childhood-1.296963?outputType=am

Sheikh Nahyan's mother participated in some events until a few years ago, I believe she is still alive

I have no information if she has any living sisters.

How old is Tahnoun bin Mohammed ? Wikipedia page doesn't show actual age ? He does seem very active though.

early 80's

Feiraguy/Puchu,

I have few generic questions if I may ask.

1. Even though caught for attempting coup and losing power, how come Hamdan bin Zayed managed to get such good alliances for his kids ? Two kids married to MBZ's kids ? Has it got something to do with their wives being half sisters ? Or how did that happen ?

2. Since these people are related to each other in more than one way, how do they address each other. Like west have just Aunt, Uncle as generic addressing names, how do these people address each other in general ?

3. Marriage between Zayed bin Mansour and Meera bin Hazza is seemingly no use to their fathers. Zayed bin Mansour has no political role as well and makes no appearances alongside with his father . In general royals who are in their late 20s or 30s who do not have a political career and are exceedingly rich what do they do ? Businesses or what kind of work they do ? Agree, they don't have to work, still they can't holiday all life right ?

4. Is there any video of Tahnoun bin zayed's speeches ? Has he made any public speeches ? I have seen Saif, Mansour, Abdullah talking at events like world Govt summit etc. But have not come across Tahnoun's.

1- the only marriage that seems to have been influenced by Hamdan's wife was the latter, between Hazza bin Hamdan and Sheikh Saeed bin Zayed's daughter; Sheikh Saeed's wife is Hamdan's wife's full sister.
all the others seem to me to be a demonstration of strength by Bani Fatima and Hamdan himself; the marriages between MBZ and Hamdan's children seem to me to be something I've talked about a few times here, which would be a "reconciliation marriages"

2- I imagine they take into account the closest relationship

3- this marriage seems to me much more a union between their mothers than some political union between their fathers; most likely Zayed bin Mansour will never hold any political office. about your question, it is something very particular in each one's life, there is no standard of behavior

4- no i never saw him give any speech

Back
Top Bottom