General News & Information: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene 1: July 2011 - Feb.2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right FanofMonaco, the usa medias treated very well Albert and Charlene in November and I was surprised to read again this story of fly again, I understand now why it came again. I tought that NY Post was a serious newspaper and not a tabloid

Looking forward to the Sainte Devote celebrations in Monaco next week which will be another "first" for Charlene as Princess, not to mention her first birthday as a Royal on the 25th.

Charlene once had a white dog called Monac. I'm looking for a picture but I can't find one :bang:

I don't know if it's still the same but when PG was alive the Palace and P. Antoinette took in alot of the stray dogs and cats. PR even had a herd of camels at Marchais that he took from a circus that was going bankrupt.

There was a photo of the small dog in a sort of bag for dogs when prince Albert returned to Monaco after skj holidays last year, Charlene staying still some days with Donatella and her kids. All the photos were on profimedia, but now we can not find them.

Thank you, Everybody. !! :flowers:

I love Monac. That is my type of dog. Lots of hair. !! :lol:

I once read that after Prince Rainier died that Albert took Rainier's beautiful, big dog to look after. ?

It was the dog who walked behind Prince Rainier's coffin. I was in tears watching the poor animal, so good, behaving so well as he followed his master to the Cathedral. :sad:

Thank you, Everybody. !! :flowers:

I love Monac. That is my type of dog. Lots of hair. !! :lol:

I once read that after Prince Rainier died that Albert took Rainier's beautiful, big dog to look after. ?

It was the dog who walked behind Prince Rainier's coffin. I was in tears watching the poor animal, so good, behaving so well as he followed his master to the Cathedral. :sad:
I heard it was Princess Stephanie who had Rainer's dog.

I heard it was Princess Stephanie who had Rainer's dog.

Bless her for that. He was / is a gorgeous animal. :flowers:

I wonder if Odin is still with us.

The only time I saw Odin was at Prince Rainier's funeral. What breed of dog is Odin. ? He looked large enough to be an Irish Wolfhound. ?

I think that Odin was about 6 years old when Prince Rainier died. ? That would make him about 13 years old now. I'm not sure what a dog's life expectancy is. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I thought. No new pictures of them/her :sad:
But we'll have the pictures from the Academy Awards in Los Angeles to look forward to very soon.

And then we'll have Charlene's trip to Australia next month.

Foreign travel sounds so glamorous. It is but it is must also be exhausting for both of them.

So why is the new Princess of Monaco not travelling with the husband on a foreign visit but yes to the Oscars?

Not trying to compare this couple to the rest of the royals who went on a royal visit as a couple but it's hard not to compare.She's one of the laziest sorry to say.She had years to train as the new princess but her role as a princess seems to big for her.I used to liked them when they were just BF-GF but they are too weird now for my liking.:bang:

It is not because she will not be with Albert at this official travel that she is lazzy as the naughties forums use to say it. or she is not for the role of the princess in Monaco.
there are also many reasons and I will not say here because we could not speak here .
During these last two weeks, she was very present on Monaco, the 2 galas of festival, the optimist race event with children(she was alone), the 2 saint devote fests the rugby event with children also, the inaugation of the foyer Princess Charlene and the visit to the national council the last week.
She attended many times to ceremonies alone. Kate of Cambridge attended always events with a member of the royal family(this week, it was the first time she attended alone to a event ans she speaks english and knows the custums of the land.
Charlene don't speak very well the french . The other princesses as Letizia, Mary, Maxima were not very present at the beginning of their married life now they are.
Princess Caroline or Princess Stephanie are not always seen often.
We see Princess Stephanie in december and January and in june becausr of the fightaids and the circus after we do not see her, we see Caroline sometimes but not always but the two make a wonderfull works for the charities event. Princess Grace was not present always on Monaco. In 1977, she lived with Caroline and Stephanie in Paris because Caroline was student there, Prince Rainier was alone at Monaco with Albert and she returned only for the most important events and we could not say that she was lazzy.

Charlene attended already to official travels with Prince Albert when she was not yet married as Japan and Eire. She was with Albert at official travels of new Zeeland , South Africa and Nepal(it was an humanatory travel with visits to schools and hospitals, we got photos only a month after this travel). She will not be at this official travel, no matter she will be at Monaco for other events.

Well, she's adult and doesn't need to be with her husband all the time. Charlene already had few solo events and clearly enjoyed them. She's independent woman who can doing her job without constantly presence of P Albert (like Kate who needed 9 months to attend event without Will). Albert has own businesses, she has own. Family didn't announced official calendar so we don't know what she'll do in this time. Maybe this visit is business-like one and Charlene's presence is not unnecessary. This time she can devote to other things, much closer to her heart.

She's been living in Monaco for what?..4 or 5years now, and yet,on her visit to St.Charles School she was talking to the students in english.Princess Grace was already talking in FRENCH to the french jounalist on her route to the US to visit Eisenhower and she was only living in Monaco for MONTHS.Her french was not that perfect but she made an effort to learn and speak the language as a sign of respect to the Prince,culture and people of Monaco and considering that her courtship to Prince Rainier was so short compared to PA and PC,It really is admirable on PG's part.

And you know what,I am not only blaming Charlene but Albert as well,coz knowing his love for everything american,I bet he talks to her in english all the time(his stummer is more pronounced speaking in french)..he should be speaking to Charlene in french and not in english.Also,let's not compare her to Catherine all the time..Charlene is the wife of a sovereign ruler,Catherine not yet,she have the luxury to be on the down low unlike Charlene who we did'nt even see when foreign delegates go to Monaco.He married her yes,but I find something lacking.Just my opinion but I would feel really insecure if I were her..no solo official portrait,no lady in waiting ( she has to advertise,as if she has no friends whatsoever),no royal orders,with only one handbag ( that poor LV purse) for official duties..does she even have a clothing budget? being a princess is a role,it's a job that you have to perform.

We've waited for 30 years for a new princess but I don't see one and I'm so disappointed.I don't hate her,I feel sorry for her because I can't recognized this woman anymore..gone is the sparkle on her eyes and enthusiasm of before..We have photographic pictures of that.Yes,she still smiles but it's not the same...I can't even believe she just turned 34 coz now she looks older.She seems like in a dreamy haze all the time.

Last edited:
Princess Grace did not speak french when she arrived in Monaco.She learnt and spoke french later.
You are desappointed, I am not. She attended to many events untill she is married, officials travels New Zeeland, Nepal where she visited schools and hospitals, South Africa where she met Desmond Tutu She gave him money she raised for his foundation(she is co patron with him of this foundation,). She attended events in monaco, she visited nursery, schools and college Saint Charles) she visited homes for needed people with Albert at the times of National fest and christmas times, she visited the children who made the race of optimist race(she spoke italian with the italian team ( she learns franch , italia and monegash).She attended a gala in Germany and received an award
No need of royal orders , there is a home which is bearing her name now and she was officially presented to the national council last week , she is preparing the presentation of her foundation. Last thing which is very important, SHE WILL OPEN THE PRINCESS GRACE EXHIBITION AT BENDIGO ALONE.
I was at Monaco during the week of the sainte Devote fests, I saw her many times with my eyes, at the gala of the circus, at the two fests of Sainte Devote( I could attend to the mass at the Cathedral, everybody could attend this mass, I saw her on the place of the palace, She was walking with her bodyguard and her dog, she was very smiling not an unhappy wife
She attends a ceremony when the palace thinks it is a good thing, no need to be tied to prince Albert. She makes her own business , Albert makes his own. They are happy together and it is fine

I found some new pictures from the trip to Antigua early this year!
http://www.royalmonaco.net/article-princes-antigua-97950217.html

thank you smush for this link

this article shows a couple very happy and celebrating new year in dancing and singing with the customers of the hotel according this article

Melina - some people will not ever by satisfied (with whatever). My solution is to let them stew in their own juices. They deserve it.

Melina,I have vídeos of PG talking in french when she was pregnant with Caroline and i'm going to post it when i get home tonight.I know that you' re obviously besotted with this couple and i would have believe you if you were the only inhabitant of Monaco but you are biased in your own opinion and i have mine.I don' t sugarcoat and i don' t believe this couple can walk on water.

So why is the new Princess of Monaco not travelling with the husband on a foreign visit but yes to the Oscars?

Not trying to compare this couple to the rest of the royals who went on a royal visit as a couple but it's hard not to compare.She's one of the laziest sorry to say.She had years to train as the new princess but her role as a princess seems to big for her.I used to liked them when they were just BF-GF but they are too weird now for my liking.:bang:

Since they married Charlene has undertaken a lot of overseas trips with Albert.

I'm not surprised that she isn't going to West Africa. Yes, she is heading to Los Angeles for the Oscars ceremony but after that she has another long-haul trip to Australia ( without Albert) to contend with.

I remember a great story told by Father Tucker, a good friend of PR. Rainier told Father Tucker how good PG's French accent was. Father Tucker replied " I knew love was blind, I didn't know it was deaf also."

I think we need to cut Charlene some slack on her French. PA probably speaks English to Charlene as PR did to PG. They spoke English at home. When you are living in a foreign country, you go stir crazy when you don't hear your native language sometimes. It might also be a rule that the family speaks English to each other while in the Palace. I noticed Charlotte asking her mother, in English, if she knew the words to "Africa" during the last Monaco day. That surprised me.

Last edited:
I read an article today which listed The Prince and Princess of Monaco as among the Royals who are likley to attend Queen Elizabeth's Jubilee celebrations in June this year. It would be wonderful to see PC in another amazing hat at St. Paul's Cathedral so I'm feeling quite excited now. I hadn't even thought about what Royals would be in London this Summer but I suppose as they attended William's wedding the chances of them being invited to this are quite high. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

The discussion about Princess Grace and her language skills has been deleted as off-topic - thanks for your understanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom