General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think since they've attended the Reception for the Royal Diplomatic Corps last year and likely to attend again this year, they may start attending the State Banquets as well. We still have to wait to see what kind of job William will take on too.

There's another State Visit occurring in October, the Singapore State Visit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sorry to repeat myself but HMQ is NOT giving up anything. I am tired of people criticising W&K when it is as clear as day that neither the Queen or DoE is giving up anything. 155 events last week without Anne, William or Kate (earlier post) so stop blaming these 2 for thw work HMQ is doing.

Hope he takes up EAAA and she has another child and they keep a low profile and allow HMQ and DoE to enjoy their last years without being nagged about retiring.

The Queen and Prince Philip can hand down some responsibility to the young royals and they will still have plenty to do. Giving some royal duties over William & Catherine won't put a dent in The Queen's official diary.

I agree that William and Katherine's current workload has nothing to do with HM or the DoE's workload. In my opinion, the pair of them will continue doing as much as they possibly can until they cannot anymore (even possibly a bit after that), because that's just who they are. That's the work ethic that the pair of them encompass.

I think we're likely to see similar with Charles and Anne, as that's the work ethic that they have as well. Camilla will likely continue to do a lot, although I think that's more due to her position and who Charles is than her own desires. Andrew, Edward, and Sophie, however, are all likely to retire more at some point - both because they can, and because they're less motivated by the work.

I don't doubt that William and Catherine have permission from HM, the DoE, and Charles to maintain the level of work that they've done so far. I kind of doubt that they're being forced to do so little though. The Queen, DoE, and PoW are all such hard workers that to me it seems out of character for them to actively encourage the Cambridges to cultivate an image (note, just an image, I'm not saying that this is who they actually are) of laziness. It's contrary to their own work ethics and detrimental to the image of the monarchy.

If the Queen were to put her foot down and force them to do more, I have no doubt that they would do more, but I don't believe for an instant that this is what she's chosen for them.

Well I find it a slap in the face when they give the impression of being 'new age' royals but can't work more. Say what you want, there are people out there busting their butt to earn some money and do an honest days work and the future of the BRF does.......? The excuse of one day they will take over and do heaps more is ridiculous, because most of us here will one day retire after working hard for about 30-40 years! What's that I hear? Oh they are not like you and me they are special, they are royal.

Y'know, a thought occurred to me that should William and Kate (with the Queen's stamp of approval) decided today that they will from here on in be full time working royals and start to fill up their calendars with engagements and duties, it would be a while before we actually see them doing it.

Plans are made months in advance for these kind of things and there's legwork to do to get ready and communication with various agencies (protection, place they're going etc) to get everything planned down to exactly as its going to go. From what I've seen, the announcement to the public is not made until its quite closer to the date of the event.

Until they tell us what their plans are, all we can do is speculate.

I remember watching the coverage of the Cambridges in Canada and a British journalist remarked that this was great for the future of the monarchy but in the short term it would create some logistical issues for the Firm.

In most monarchies you have a king or queen and their heir as the main players. The BRF is all over the place.

Exactly how many cooks do we want before we spoil the broth? We have the Queen and the DoE, we have the Prince of Wales and Duchess and we also have the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and if the Queen were a younger woman the headlines would soon read "when is Prince George taking up full-time royal duty"?

God bless the Queen for her long reign but it makes for some uncomfortable reading in the tabloids over the role everyone is supposed to have.

There was a headline in the DM during the Aussie tour proclaiming the Cambridges the "New Royal Family"... just what Charles and HM wanted to read I'm sure.

The Queen and Prince Philip can hand down some responsibility to the young royals and they will still have plenty to do. Giving some royal duties over William & Catherine won't put a dent in The Queen's official diary.

The attitude you're taking here suggests that the BRF is acting at capacity and that until the older generation cuts back on things they do a bit then there is no role for the younger generation.

This is ridiculous. It assumes that there isn't a large number of organizations asking for royal patronage/visits/what have you that aren't being filled. It acts as though when Charles, Anne, Andrew, Edward, and countless royals before them were taking away a job from someone else.

If William, Catherine, Harry, Beatrice, and Eugenie wanted to, they could take on roles of elder royals that the elder royals no longer want to (or can) perform. But that in and of itself isn't preventing them from doing more royal duties. They are entirely capable of carving out their own roles. Sure, William will one day be expected to fulfill some of his father and grandmother's duties, and Catherine will be expected to fulfill some of Camilla and the DoE's duties, but that shouldn't prevent them from carving out their own roles now, just like the DoE, Charles, and Diana each did.

^^^The grandchildren would likely have to stage a coup to get that wish to come true. Can't see the DoE going into the golden sunset years without a fight. ;)

^^^The grandchildren would likely have to stage a coup to get that wish to come true. Can't see the DoE going into the golden sunset years without a fight. ;)

Exactly. Yet there seems to be this attitude that since the DoE isn't going into the golden sunset years willingly it's his (and the Queen's) fault that the Cambridges aren't doing more.

No one is saying that since The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh isn't cutting back enough, the Cambridge's have nothing to do.

What I'm saying is that the Cambridge's should be doing more and they should be handed some royal responsibilities as well. Now the good part is that William is now carrying out Investitures and he and Catherine are taking on more travels on behalf of The Queen. I think Catherine should be given some royal roles as well.

Of course they can carve out their own royal roles and accept many charity offers that will able them to become more active senior royals.

:bang:I don't get it...why all the gripping about Catherine nit doing more? I don't think she is lazy, she doesn't have to report to me her schedule.....yet some are making it like she has not lifted a finger her entire life. She married William, just that alone would give anyone here I bet the darn squishy nerves being in that family. Maybe *The Queen* wants it this way, I don't think Catherine has much say in that family regardless of whom she is married to............take a very good look at who is in charge, least we forget................The Queen, Elizabeth 11, the head of the firm!

:previous: What a load of codswolop! Catherine was at a Garden Party to which how many hundred were present, and there were no legitimate First Aiders present?

Hmm, didn't see any grass stains on her pretty lace dress.

Ugh, Jade Jaggars new and incredibly silly ride is a least real.

I think it more that the DOC checked with the lady after the incident. That's how I read it, at least.

I think it more that the DOC checked with the lady after the incident. That's how I read it, at least.

That's how I read it too. The lady had fainted and then was given a chair to sit down on. Kate went over to inquire after her and see if she was OK. Its something I think most caring human beings would do in this situation.

That's how I read it too. The lady had fainted and then was given a chair to sit down on. Kate went over to inquire after her and see if she was OK. Its something I think most caring human beings would do in this situation.
:flowers:Most certainly agree with you, some of us are caring decent people that would inquire after something like this happened and then there are some who could care less and not give a damn..............that shows the true character of a person everywhere even here.

When you have a toddler who's just starting to walk, you jump up and run to him/her on a regular basis- it's second nature. So, sometimes, that old adrenaline rush occurs when others need help as well.

The amount or extent of their public appearances are determined by the Queen or sometimes Prince Charles. If the Queen wanted them appearing at every garden show or country fair in the country, they probably would be. The Queen, DoE, Prince Charles & Princess Anne all have strong drive to be out and about in the public eye. Some of which maybe influence of the abdication. I don't think William will do so much in the public eye which may be influenced by his opinion of the media. As for Katherine, I read somewhere that Charles was not happy with her growing glamour image. It may be a hold over from when Diana made the headlines for just appearing in public and Charles' speeches on major issues made the back page.

The US magazine market comes up with some of the most stupid stories imaginable, and thats because they are imagined. The ongoing pro Diana and anti Charles is part of that.

What William does is defined by the BRf,not the media; there is no issue woth Charles - he is the next King and is secure in his public persona and his private life.

I think that anything written by rags like the Globe, and the DM should be ignored.

Anything written by any gossip magazine is just a make believe story so that they can make money off the uneducated public. William might be his own man, yet he does have his father and grandmother to consider and he will do them proud. I imagine that he is under a great deal os stress a lot of the time in regards to what he is suppose to do, should I do that or should I do this. Given all that he has in the way of material things, I don't think for one minute it is an easy task for him. He really isn't a free/normal man like most men are today............won't want that cup of tea for all the mola in the world.

I was at the grocery store today. The headline on the new Globe magazine was Dying Queen to Abdicate gives Crown to William and Pregnant Kate.
I had to shake my head at the stupidity of it.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Did anybody tell Queen Elizabeth what she did?

My goodness why aren't these magazines being sued for all their worth for printing such lies? And just think of the number of people that believe this junk.......really says something about our media today and the people of the world......

These papers are a dire necessity in life. Without them, there would be nothing for birds to gaze at while doing their business and folks would have to find another source to wrap their fish in. Tongues everywhere would stop waggling and there would be a giant social meltdown eventually leading to WWIII.

These rags are good for a laugh though at the supermarket checkout. I would imagine that the majority of shoppers would die of embarrassment if anyone they knew saw them purchasing one. My ex husband loved the Enquirer and that really took my estimation of his intelligence down a notch or two. :D

...the point I was trying to make was that much was made of little to nothing.

Daily Mail said:
‘Kate rushed to her aid immediately,’ a fellow guest tells me. ‘It was second nature to her. She didn’t hesitate.’
I was exasperated with the sycophantic reporting. I am sure Catherine did stop by and ask her how she was, but that is not "rushing to her aid immediately nor personally rendering first aid.
I thought so too. Since it was a perfectly normal reaction by a member of the host's family it didn't need the Billboard and Lights. It is what one would expect.

I do not highly dislike Catherine, nor even lowly dislike her. I see no point whatsoever in personal attacks against posters...I would rather keep a little objectivity, not to mention a little civility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom