Felipe, Prince of Asturias & Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano: 22 May 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince feisal and princess alia attent the wedding too some photos

Attachments

• _20140603_141118.JPG
    _20140603_141118.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 344
  • _20140603_141140.JPG
    _20140603_141140.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 398
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: Princess Letizia's Gown

My feelings for this gown go back and forth. At first I disliked it, then loved it, now I currently dislike it. There are some things that I love about this dress. I love the embroidery, the train, and the veil. The details of the dress are exquisite, and the train is amazing. The element that ruins this dress for me is the collar. With the embroidery and the high collar, it made the gown to much to me. If the dress did not have the high collar, I probably would have loved it. I also disliked her tiara. Despite the high collar, the rest of this dress is very beautiful.

Not one of the worst, but not one of the best wedding dresses in my mind.

Last edited:
Not sure if I really love the dress either, but this is certainly a wedding dress I'll never forget!

Honestly, I really disliked Letizia's wedding dress... IMo it was one of the worst royal bridal dresses ever! First, I was not a fan of the "medieval" style and second, it was completely ill-fitted for her! She simply was swamped in it:ermm:

Attachments

• boda-españa-balcon-21.jpg
    boda-españa-balcon-21.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 654
Last edited:
I could not find a better photo but here is a sketch of her gown.

I think it looks quite nice, nothing special but nice. and I like the bridesmaids' dresses....

Letizia's dress was alright. It wasn't the worst or the best, it was just so-so. I am of the opinion that since she was becoming a royal, she chose to wear a gown which would emulate that fact. Unfortunately, the gown was a miss since it overwhelmed her petite frame. It's too bad, since she really is very stylish in my opinion.

Oh dear... This thread makes me smile with nostalgia: Spain was probably my very fist family I started to follow as a pre-teen, and I remember my excitement with the wedding. At that time, I was doing zapping at tv to see any bit of news popping up about the wedding. :)

an interesting article on the different parties which took place for the royal wedding (aside from the official ones at el pardo the evening before the wedding and the royal palace following the wedding):

at el pardo, victoria of sweden danced flamenco and letizia's grand-dad danced away with his granddaughters, telma and erika

JC and sofia hosted the royal visitors in the evening of the 22nd for a private dinner (where the fight between Amadeo of Aosta and Víctor Manuel took place)

felipe and letizia hosted a small group of friends at their residence in the evening of the 22nd. JC showed up and brought some cigars ;)

finally, as felipe and letizia were hosting some close friends, cristina and inaki took the 'young' royal crowd to a bar in madrid called cock. Marta-louise, Ari Ben, Alfonso Zurita, Kyril and Rosario Nadal, Haakon and Mette Marit joined. Haakon and Mette Marit left the first ones, as they brought ingrid with them.

Las fiestas no oficiales que se celebraron por la boda real | loc | EL MUNDO

... not to forget that there was a royal fist fight, between the heir to the Italian throne, Prince Vittorio Emanuele, who is said to have hit his cousin Duke Amedeo, on the steps of the Spanish royal residence.
On learning of the affray, King Juan Carlos was said to have said "Nunca más" (Never again) - apparently in reference to the Italian's chances of a further invitation.

Could anyone please post a link to the seating plan for the wedding of Felipe and Letizia ? Thank you.

Today Felipe VI and Letizia celebrate 16 years of marriage.

On 21st May 2004 the royal family held a Pew wedding gala dinner for the wedding guests at the Royal Palace of El Pardo near Zarzuela.
Guests included :
Queen Margrethe II of Denmark and Prince Henrik.
The King and Queen of Norway,
Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands,
The King and Queen of Sweden,
The King and Queen of the Belgians
King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece,
The Grand Duke & Grand Duchess of Luxembourg,
The Prince of Wales,
The Prince of Liechtenstein,
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
Princess Martha Louise of Norway
Princess Madeleine of Sweden
Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece & Crown Princess Marie-Chantal
Prince Pedro of Bourbon-Two Sicilies and Princess Sofia
Nelson Mandela and his wife Graça Machel,
The President of Colombia,
The President of Nicaragua,
The President of of Ireland & Senator Martin McAleese
The President of Ecuador & his wife
The President of Germany and his wife
The President of Portugal & his wife
The president of Panama,
The president of Kazakhstan

https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2018/05/royal-jewel-rewind-felipe-and-letizias.html

Still wondering what the story is with that cake.

What was the wedding 'cake' made of reminds me more of a chocolate tart?

Wedding Vows of the Prince and Princess of Asturias

Back
Top Bottom