Engagement Photos of Prince William and Catherine Middleton: December 11, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy Reiss and love the clothes. They are not horrifically expensive but have designer touches that I appreciate. I checked for that dress on the Reiss website as soon as I saw it the other day, because I wanted to get a better look at it, but as the articles posted indicate, it's from a previous collection.

Reiss has stores in the US for those who are interested and, I believe, is opening a large store in New York.

Beautiful pictures! On the news here in the States, they said that the second photo was obviously more natural, and that although the photo doesn't show it, they were both wearing jeans!

Hello everyone on the forum. I am new and I am ... French. So as you probably fully understand English is not my first language, I am not fluent in speaking or writing it and I probably do a lot of errors. So please forgive me ! second thing, I have a photo of Kate dress but dont know how to post it. I try to copy and past ...
KATE%20M%20Nannette%20Reiss%20Dress.JPG

Oh my god, I am so sorry but it didnt work. If I can send the photo by email to someone much more gifted than I am, dont hesitate to ask. I have a lot of things to learn.

Just to add to my previous post: Reiss says they are bringing out another version of Middleton's dress in January. Their online site should have it available.

both the couples seem to be in love to me, i guess we all have our own perceptions. I think Charles seems warm and happy enough as was the custom of the day.

The body language is discussed below the People.com article - William and Catherine's is much more in touch, and they actually *know* each other.

Last edited:
^ sure, maybe they love each other more than Charles and Diana did, i'm no expert, and I don't think the people commenting on that People's article are either. But I think its unfair to make one couple out or one person (Charles) to be evil. People always look happy in their engagement pictures, and I love Kate's pictures,don't get me wrong, but I thought Charles and Diana looked happy too, in their own way:) Charles in his own reserved way.

^ sure, maybe they love each other more than Charles and Diana did, i'm no expert, and I don't think the people commenting on that People's article are either. But I think its unfair to make one couple out or one person (Charles) to be evil. People always look happy in their engagement pictures, and I love Kate's pictures,don't get me wrong, but I thought Charles and Diana looked happy too, in their own way:) Charles in his own reserved way.

I don't necessarily read it as "evil", more like authenticity.

Also you have to remember we are talking about two seperate couples. As much as we want William to be Diana or Charles he is his own person. Charles has always seemed to be more reserved then his son.

I thought both couples look very much in love.

Also you have to remember we are talking about two seperate couples. As much as we want William to be Diana or Charles he is his own person. Charles has always seemed to be more reserved then his son.

I thought both couples look very much in love.

Oh no, I don't want William to be Diana or Charles. I just want William to be and remain himself and I don't think that will ever cause any problem :D

I think the looking in hindsight also plays a part in this 'judging pictures' thing ;)

they are very adorable...i liked the two photos and wished there were more.

I really think its a dead end to compare the two photographs. Diana and Charles had been together for a relatively short time and she was, ahem, a nervous bride. William and Kate have been together for around 8 years, most definitely have gotten to know each other in more ways than one and feel totally comfortable with each other. Charles also has always been a more formal, staid and proper gentleman by nature more so than William who seems to be a very laid back, relaxed person by nature.

I do think that a lot of articles that will be emerging between now and the date of the wedding with comparisons between the present couple and what has gone before is basically really milking a cash cow for all its worth. We just have to remember that William does want his mother to be a part of this wedding but he is for sure NOT intending to create Dianamania - The Sequel.

It is interesting to note that while william and kate were dating they were never all that affectionate with one another (or never photographed being that way) but perhaps the engagement has loosened them up a little bit.

cd1 I agree with you. People always look happy in their photos. I too look back at Charles and Diana's pictures and they looked very happy together. At the end of the day you never really know what is going on.

Last edited:
It is interesting to note that while william and kate were dating they were never all that affectionate with one another (or never photographed being that way) but perhaps the engagement has loosened them up a little bit.

There were a few times they were photographed together being affectionate - his arm around her, giving each other a kiss, etc. But they were definitely never overly demonstrative in view of the cameras.

Perhaps that was one of the reasons the photos seemed odd to me besides the fact that I considered them not one of Testino's best.

Absolutely gorgeous photos, the tenderness in the second is especially lovely.
I like seeing William "taking care" of Catherine with his arms around her that way.

William and Catherine look beautiful in the formal photo. The informal photo is absolutely filled with love and I sincerely hopes this stays with them. He had a good teacher in Diane and he is a strong character to do things his way. Congratulations.

Normally I don't pay attention to what the reporters say about official portraits but this quote stood out for me in this article and something I never thought of...

Why didn't William commission a young, talented photographer, possibly one who has been supported by the Prince's Trust, for example? That way a real connection might have been made to their contemporaries.

William and Kate: Mario Testino fails his history test | UK news | The Guardian

another total opposite review
Why Mario Testino's photograph was perfect for Prince William and Kate Middleton's engagement - Telegraph

I really think its a dead end to compare the two photographs. Diana and Charles had been together for a relatively short time and she was, ahem, a nervous bride. William and Kate have been together for around 8 years, most definitely have gotten to know each other in more ways than one and feel totally comfortable with each other. Charles also has always been a more formal, staid and proper gentleman by nature more so than William who seems to be a very laid back, relaxed person by nature.

I do think that a lot of articles that will be emerging between now and the date of the wedding with comparisons between the present couple and what has gone before is basically really milking a cash cow for all its worth. We just have to remember that William does want his mother to be a part of this wedding but he is for sure NOT intending to create Dianamania - The Sequel.

I dont think William is creating anything. I don't now what goes on behind closed doors, but I do think both couples look very happy. I think at that time, had we not known how it would all end, we would have loved Diana and Charles's pictures as well.
One thing I wish for is that William and Kate or atleast one of them had used the word 'love' in their engagement interview or at the time of the photo session. I would have liked to hear that word from a member of the BRF:)

I dont think William is creating anything. I don't now what goes on behind closed doors, but I do think both couples look very happy. I think at that time, had we not known how it would all end, we would have loved Diana and Charles's pictures as well.
One thing I wish for is that William and Kate or atleast one of them had used the word 'love' in their engagement interview or at the time of the photo session. I would have liked to hear that word from a member of the BRF:)

Then the comparisions would really be endless... I think it's good they did it their way (not saying that you think otherwise).

I personally prefer the second pic over the first, however, the first one is a nice formal pic and Kate does look really good. I think William looks much better in the second pic over the first.

To me, the first one looks almost fake... I know its not, but it almost looks as if someone cut their picture out and placed it in that background. I know that is not the case and its most likely a lighting issue.

but still i would have loved it...comparisons are endless anyway, it was such a long interview, they could have sneaked it in. of course i know they did it their way, thats fine. Just saying i wish...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom