Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 1: May 2018 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex visited New Zealand House in London to lay flowers and sign a book of condolence in memory of the 50 dead in the attack on two mosques in Christchurch.

The Queen asked them to go as they were the last members of the Royal Family to visit NZ. (source)

Here's a short clip of their arrival

I was wondering if we’d see a public visit to New Zealand House. Nice to see Harry and Meghan were given the task.

Here's a video of TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex at New Zealand House today.

I was wondering if we’d see a public visit to New Zealand House. Nice to see Harry and Meghan were given the task.
In the next few weeks, I think you will see more members of the family visit

I was glad to see Harry and Meghan performing this sad task at New Zealand House. The surely have had some wonderful memories of New Zealand still fresh from the tour there last October.

Seems to make sense too since they are the Commonwealth couple so to speak.

LaRae

I am surprised to see Meghan out given she went on maternity leave. But it was good to see the BRF represented like this.

I'm not sure about the maternity leave thing....I don't think there was any official statement given....cause today I saw something clarifying that she is still going to be working and possibly pop up at events...that she would go on leave when it was appropriate for her.

LaRae

It seems more likely she is just not going to be on the CC until after the baby. If she attends events, it wont be announced until the day of. So if she has to pull out due to pregnancy, they wont have to announce it. Meghan seems the kind who will want to keep busy as long as she can.

It was great seeing them at this event. It makes sense after their tour :flowers: We also saw Meghan meeting with the NZ PM when she was in the UK since the tour as well.

The couple are forging a path as a 'commonwealth team'. Their involved both with the queen's commonwealth trust, and Meghan with the ACU.

But surely this New Zealand House engagement will be recorded in the CC?

I really, really like to hear about the queen using Harry & Meghan's support.

:previous: Unfortunately, situations like this arise and everyone else is otherwise occupied and expected. It's sheer luck that Harry didn't have anything on his plate that could not be rescheduled and so could accompany his wife.

But surely this New Zealand House engagement will be recorded in the CC?

Sorry I meant in advance. That Meghan wont be on the calendar/schedule for any events until after the baby is born. So that no announcement need made if she has to back out. If she does attend an event, yes I'd expect it to be included after the fact.

Sorry I meant in advance. That Meghan wont be on the calendar/schedule for any events until after the baby is born. So that no announcement need made if she has to back out. If she does attend an event, yes I'd expect it to be included after the fact.

KP gave reporters guidance last week. Meghan isn’t on maternity leave yet, but she doesn’t have any more public engagements scheduled. She’s still doing private meetings and may still squeeze in a public engagement (as we saw yesterday) depending on how she feels.

The visit to New Zealand High Commission wasn’t recorded in the CC for her or Harry.

Somehow, I don't see Meghan as the type to go into "confinement" and just sit and wait to go into labor. She's a woman that likes to keep busy doing things and most likely will up until she needs to leave to go to the hospital. Its just that when the pregnancy reaches the stage of "any time now is possible", that's the first priority.

That last month of pregnancy can feel like a year sometime.

Somehow, I don't see Meghan as the type to go into "confinement" and just sit and wait to go into labor. She's a woman that likes to keep busy doing things and most likely will up until she needs to leave to go to the hospital. Its just that when the pregnancy reaches the stage of "any time now is possible", that's the first priority.

That last month of pregnancy can feel like a year sometime.

I agree - Meghan is still working up until the last month of her pregnancy which suggests that she doesn't enjoy sitting at home waiting for the baby to arrive, which seems to be (thankfully) a thing of the past for royal women. A lot of women are very active in their last months of pregnancy; my mother (of course she didn't have the responsibility of royal engagements!) was still practicing yoga and doing daily exercises when she was in her ninth month with me, and running up until her seventh month.

Well, she's just moved in to a new home and it takes a while to get get the right feel to it, to make it 'home'.

Emily Nash reporting that Meghan will attend the Lion King premiere with Harry on the 14th.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2019063074789/meghan-markle-beyonce-lion-king-premiere/
This, along with the MLB partnership, are very big deal in terms of raising funds for the causes. I’d be very happy if Meghan made another appearance, although cautious that a final decision can only be made closer to the time due to Archie only being 2 months old.

Emily Nash has been getting scoops on work events lately. She was also the first to break the news that Meghan will be at the Yankee vs. Red Sox game.

Last edited by a moderator:
This, along with the MLB partnership, are very big deal in terms of raising funds for the causes. I’d be very happy if Meghan made another appearance, although cautious that a final decision can only be made closer to the time due to Archie only being 2 months old.

Emily Nash has been getting scoops on work events lately. She was also the first to break the news that Meghan will be at the Yankee vs. Red Sox game.

Though I will say that after Meghan showed up yesterday and stayed most of the day, I did think it was her way of establishing she was ready to slowly do engagements again. They said she would on leave until the fall but she will do special engagements here and there. That seems to be starting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 1: May 2018 -

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex to attend the European Premiere of the Lion King on Sunday 14th July.

The Duchess is still on maternity, but choosing to attend the event.

Disney have launched Protect the Pride campaign to run alongside the films launch as since the premiere of the original half of Africa’s lions have disappeared.

This is probably why the pair are attending.

Last edited:
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex to attend the European Premiere of the Lion King on Sunday 14th July.

The Duchess is still on maternity, but choosing to attend the event.

Disney have launched Protect the Pride campaign to run alongside the films launch as since the premiere of the original half of Africa’s lions have disappeared.

This is probably why the pair are attending.

? I can’t wait. :flowers:

It will be lovely to see them both, and it's for a great cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom