Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events Thread 2: December 2011-April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Patra said:
Aww they are so in LOVE! Good for them- thanks for posting these additional pictures, as I'd only seen the one last week!

Aww they do love each other, I happy that both married their true love.

That is some gorgeous scenery. Very peaceful and romantic setting. And in complete agreement about William looking cute in his spectacles; he has an aura of a professor.

Prince William and Kate are putting off having a family until next year so they can focus on the Diamond Jubilee and the London Olympics.
Despite hopes of a Jubilee baby, sources close to the couple say they are in ‘no hurry’ to start a family and want to make sure that 2012 is a success for the sake of the Queen’s 60th anniversary celebrations.

Read more: Jubilee puts William and Kate's baby plans on hold | Mail Online

:previous: Good plan. It'll be a lot calmer after the Jubilee and the Olympics, so indeed a perfect time to start thinking about starting a family.

So this is the part I do not understand
She will visit all her patronages publicly at least once and continue to visit them privately.
Does that mean like forever or just for now?

So this is the part I do not understand
Does that mean like forever or just for now?

Just taking a stab, and thinking that perhaps she'll be visiting them privately in the beginning to really get to know the people she'll be working with.

That would make sense. I spoke to someone else about this as well and she said she thinks it's just written in a weird way and they prob meant for now while William's away.

Just taking a stab, and thinking that perhaps she'll be visiting them privately in the beginning to really get to know the people she'll be working with.

Inspired! Well done her! I think she learned something from their visit to Canada/US last year. Really having personal relationships will go far to settle the hard edge of the kind of 'work' she will be having to do in the long haul.

Later: Oooof! Talk about reading too fast and interpreting askew - I didn't catch the 'taking a stab' - thought your 'stab' was the way it was - hence my skewed post. :huh: It would be good if she were doing what you suggest. She'd probably be a lot calmer and more relaxed in her walk-abouts.

Last edited:
Maybe the Duchess's PR people are reading The Royal Forums and want the mystery of Katherine to deepen.

Prince William and Kate are putting off having a family until next year so they can focus on the Diamond Jubilee and the London Olympics.
Despite hopes of a Jubilee baby, sources close to the couple say they are in ‘no hurry’ to start a family and want to make sure that 2012 is a success for the sake of the Queen’s 60th anniversary celebrations.

Read more: Jubilee puts William and Kate's baby plans on hold | Mail Online
This is the Mail Online! If they quoted reputable Clarence House sources I might believe them. Since they didn't, I'll wait like the rest of the world!

Personally, I'd prefer my baby to be born in 2012 - nothing superstitious just easier for the tadpole to calculate his/her age as the years wear on. Ya know? That's why '0' years are handy - very simple arithmetic. Ha!

Of course, with my logic the next 'window' for a baby comes in 2015 - '5' years are also good. :D

Last edited:
Katie Nicholls and the Daily Mails is really going out on a limb with no baby in 2012- What a joke ! With a baby taking nine months to develop and Wills being in the Falklands in Feb & March, the only way that Kate is having a baby in 2012 is if she is pregnant now or gets pregnant during the Mustique trip.

This couple is super secret with information (aka the proposal & the dress). They are not going to discuss their baby plans with a large number of people and get it leaked to the press.

Skippyboo said:
Katie Nicholls and the Daily Mails is really going out on a limb with no baby in 2012- What a joke ! With a baby taking nine months to develop and Wills being in the Falklands in Feb & March, the only way that Kate is having a baby in 2012 is if she is pregnant now or gets pregnant during the Mustique trip.

This couple is super secret with information (aka the proposal & the dress). They are not going to discuss their baby plans with a large number of people and get it leaked to the press.

My thoughts exactly! It's not really a stretch to say they aren't going to have a baby this year at this time... But it would be nice to hear an announcement and stick it to the journalists reporting this story. I guess it's nice they're trying to paint the couple in such a selfless positive light, but to me it's just irresponsible journalism.

Well I kind of agree that there will be no time for a baby but I would think it would be a good idea to have a baby soon. She is 30 and the clock is ticking. I think that if she were to get pregnant this year it would probably make it difficult for her to keep her schedule of events. Im thinking if they do decide to have a baby it would be at the end of the year.All I know is that they better get started soon. :)

HM had 2 children after she was thirty...they seem physically healthy and so does she. On the psychological front...I think that's open for debate.

This isn't 1600. Children after 30 isn't some notion that makes people scratch their head in wonder. I know some women who don't even plan children until they are 30 because they are concentrating on their education and career. Some women have children after 40.

It was difficult to see the puppy clearly. I thought it was a black lab since it looked bigger than a cocker spaniel. Are there any clearer pictures out there?

LadyGabrielle said:
It was difficult to see the puppy clearly. I thought it was a black lab since it looked bigger than a cocker spaniel. Are there any clearer pictures out there?

I also thought it must be a lab, maybe even a grandpup of Widgeon.

Ok. what did I miss? Who is Widgeon? I obviously missed something somewhere.

The new puppy is the cocker spaniel, right?

When is William heading out to the Falkland Islands, again? I've lost track.

That's such a great picture. So much motion and emotion in it.

That's such a great picture. So much motion and emotion in it.

Its a moment that they could be anyone, anywhere on a beach sharing a private moment. So candid.

For Will and Kate it must be such a relief to know that they can freely express themselves. I'm sure this is a photo they'd rather not have been made public but if I was them, I'd be asking for copies. Excellent photo. :D

Beautiful setting, beautiful couple, and adorable puppy....what more can you ask for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom