Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: March-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is not my favourite appearance of kate, but she still looks lovely. however, i very much preferred this dress the last time she wore it because:

1. she looked less curvy and more slender in it (see pics below)
2. that ponytail looked slightly tacky to me this time and wished she had styled her hair differently. this is too ´cheryl cole´ material for my taste.

nevertheless, it would be hard for kate to get it completely wrong for me, and i think she still looks fab.

Kate Middleton White Slit Dress Roland Mouret Photo 10

I like that wore her hair in the modern looking ponytail and that she recycled this dress again. The Zara necklace is one of the largest pieces I've ever seen her wear.

I like that wore her hair in the modern looking ponytail and that she recycled this dress again. The Zara necklace is one of the largest pieces I've ever seen her wear.[/QUOTE]

its a start... lets see if next time she puts some real jewels with it.

The attendance of The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge at this premiere is now made very touching has it is being officially announced that Nelson Mandela has died.

The attendance of The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge at this premiere is now made very touching has it is being officially announced that Nelson Mandela has died.

I agree. One of Nelson Mandela's daughters was also present tonight at the premiere. :sad:

Just curious, does anyone know if the movie was over when Nelson Mandela's death was announced? I am wondering if it was announced at the theater?

According to Katie Nicholl, they made the announcement after the movie ended.

katienicholl: We were delivered the news as the credits rolled. Silence here in the cinema where the royal couple have just watched Mandela. RIP

ETA: Richard Palmer just tweeted that aides informed William and Kate during the screening.

Prince William spoke after the screening: "I just wanted to say it's extremely sad and tragic news. We were just reminded what an extraordinary and inspiring man Nelson Mandela was. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family."

Video: William: 'Thoughts and prayers' with Mandela's family - ITV News

Last edited:
:previous: Good to know that William made this tribute.

It was very nice of William & Catherine to pay tribute to Mandela and show their support to the family on this very moving day.

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN 52m
Nelson/Winnie daughters asked that audience at UK #Mandela premiere not be interrupted and be told of death at end of movie. Producer did do

Last edited:
I feel bad for President Mandela's daughters; it doesn't sound like they thought their father would die so quickly. Although obviously with him being so ill they would have known there was a chance this could have happened.

It reflects well on William and Kate's aides, IMO, that they ensured the royal couple was told the news well in advance of them being questioned by the press. I'm sure William would have been able to come up with an appropriate statement regardless, but it's always more professional to not be taken by surprise.

I feel bad for President Mandela's daughters; it doesn't sound like they thought their father would die so quickly. Although obviously with him being so ill they would have known there was a chance this could have happened.

It reflects well on William and Kate's aides, IMO, that they ensured the royal couple was told the news well in advance of them being questioned by the press. I'm sure William would have been able to come up with an appropriate statement regardless, but it's always more professional to not be taken by surprise.

I agree. Apparently the couple was informed before the film ended. I hope that Mandela's daughters were able to exit without much attention from the press.

Pictures:
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge leaving the premiere pretty much very saddened-
william & catherine

I agree. Apparently the couple was informed before the film ended. I hope that Mandela's daughters were able to exit without much attention from the press.

This is from The Times

As the final credits rolled, Anant Singh stepped in front of the screen, where he was joined by the director, Justin Chadwick, and the British actor Idris Elba, who plays Mandela in the film. “President Zuma has announced that Madiba passed away peacefully,” Mr Singh said, prompting gasps and tears from the crowd.

He explained that Zenani and Zindzi, President Mandela’s daughters, had left before the screening started and, reached by telephone in their hotel room, had insisted that the film should not be stopped. A minute’s silence was then held in the cinema.

RoyalKateDebate ‏@RoyalKateDebate 1h
Kate is visiting Shooting Star House Children's Hospice this afternoon, and William is in Aldershot visiting Mons Barracks this morn.

Video:
Only hours before the death of Nelson Mandela was announced the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge walked the red carpet for the annual Royal Film Performance and UK premiere of 'Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom'. The stars of the film, Idris Elba who plays Nelson Mandela and Naomie Harris, who plays his wife Winnie, walked the carpet and talked to reporters at the event-
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTerm=Mandela%20Film:%20William%20and%20Kate%20at%20London%20Premiere

Last edited:
JB ‏@Royal_beans 7h
REMINDER: The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will attend the screening of David Attenborough's Natural History Museum Alive 3D on Dec 11 #royal

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 30m
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended a board meeting of the Royal Foundation in Kensington yesterday, the Court Circular shows.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 46m
Royal aides had not told the media about William and Kate's visit to South Africa House but a photographer happened to be there and saw them

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 57s
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived at the Natural History Museum for a gala preview of a 3D film featuring David Attenborough.

Last edited:
Pictures:
Britain's Prince William and his wife Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, wear 3D glasses before a screening of "David Attenborough's Natural History Museum Alive 3D" at the Natural History Museum in London December 11, 2013. REUTERS/Suzanne Plunkett-
Reuters gallery

Kelly Lynch ‏@HRH_KLynch 5m
Kate has a laugh inside Natural History Museum 3D screening http://celeb.bz/1fkNUZg pic.twitter.com/dwSqKefriu

Last edited:

Pictures:
Britain's Prince William and his wife Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, wear 3D glasses before a screening of "David Attenborough's Natural History Museum Alive 3D" at the Natural History Museum in London December 11, 2013. REUTERS/Suzanne Plunkett-
Reuters gallery

Kelly Lynch ‏@HRH_KLynch 5m
Kate has a laugh inside Natural History Museum 3D screening http://celeb.bz/1fkNUZg pic.twitter.com/dwSqKefriu

Lovely Daily Mail photos. William rock's 3D glasses. :cool:My favorite photo- Kate talking to the little girl of course.:D
The photo of Catherine laughing is fantastic.:D

Lovely Daily Mail photos. William rock's 3D glasses. :cool:My favorite photo- Kate talking to the little girl of course.:D

Agreed - and Wills has his cool James Bond on in them!

Haven't 3D glasses come a long way! I was expecting those old fashioned white cardboard ones! :D

When I was given 3D glasses for the Life of Pi, I thought they were sunglasses - that's how cool they looked.

Last edited:

Wills looks very cool in the glasses; very James Bond, as someone pointed out. Catherine talking to the little girl is precious, as always.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 8h
Tonight's engagement is expected to be William and Kate's last public duty before Christmas. They may do more privately of course

What I found interesting in the pictures is that William is following Kate's lead. Could he be taking a somewhat of a back seat at this event as she is the patron of the museum? She is out front and with a huge smile and greeting for all and shaking hands and laughing, doing her job and enjoying it. Nice to see her coming into her own and being comfortable with what she is doing. And really great to see that William doesn't seem to mind. Bet they are both secure in their relationship unlike his parents.

William did the same thing when they went to the National Portrait Gallery early this year. When they go to a event where Kate is the patron, he lets her go first which is nice.

I also notice that Miguel had the night off. It was just Rebecca and some blonde woman who I don't know. Maybe she is an asst press person. She was with Rebecca at the Poppy Day event and at the Mandela premiere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom