Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: March-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're in the process of moving into the apartment.

Videos: Extended Coverage and Speech
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Tusk Trust awards-
Search Results

i can remember when I was in my late 20's going to 14 weddings in 2 years. And I am/was not a rich society person. it was a combination of close friends of a certain age deciding the time was right, plus close relatives.
Couples combine to have a wide circle of friends, and relations are the same.

I had 2 wedding outfits and alternated. It was an expensive time. :lol:
I agree with you, I had 6 weddings in a year back in 2005 and 3 weddings in 2006, every year I have a wedding to attend. You don't need to be rich or a high society person to be invited to that many festivities.

I saw a documentary about a foreigner who went to India, he lived in a poor neighbourhood and yet he said he was invited to wedding and birthday parties all the time.

A dutch magazine ("Prive", somewhat tabloid) reported yesterday that the duchess has a post-partem depression, quoting information from "Globe magazine"...
Anyone know if there's any truth in that? Or is it all just tabloid-gossip?

Globe is apparently, tabloid trash. Not believable.

okay, thank you, that's what i was hoping, i'm not very familiar with media around the world :flowers:

It is one of those grocery store check out papers that print stories about 3 headed babies and men from outer space living amongst us. Sort of creative writing trash which only the most feeble minded would take seriously.

The globe has for most of the summer have been running stories such as dying queen names William heir and drunk Camilla vows her revenge. Not the best source of information.

The Globe's favorite Royal victim is Camilla. Two or three weeks ago, they had her leaving Charles .... again. :cool: I suppose Kate will become another favorite. Lots of Globe covers here:

https://www.google.com/search?gs_rn...urce=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=ZWBIUqzgE4Hc8wTlioCIDg

Gosh, got a headache from all the screaming headlines :eek:
Okay, so basically: if Globe is the source it's very likely not true :lol:
Also pretty much shows the quality of the dutch magazine that they took their headlines from Globe...

Let's see, the queen in dying any day now(for the last 3 months) Charles has been disinherited, Camilla is a vengeful drunk divorcing Charles who likes making brain tumor, postpartum Catherine cry and demanded a DNA test for George, William quit the army solely to hunt down Diana's 'killers', Phillip is a serial cheater causing the queen 'agony' in her dying days (in his nineties even, tally ho!)....and Andrew and Fergie are getting married!

Well, then.

Last edited:
:D:D:D

• Prince Charles is gay
  • Queen is dying
  • Camilla wants divorce
  • Camilla wants to be Queen
  • Wills is the new King
  • Lady Di's Daughter is found
  • Bill Clinton is dying of AIDS
:ROFLMAO:The Globe sounds like the magazin 'MAD' :whistling: haven't read that in a while

:D:D:D

• Prince Charles is gay
  • Queen is dying
  • Camilla wants divorce
  • Camilla wants to be Queen
  • Wills is the new King
  • Lady Di's Daughter is found
  • Bill Clinton is dying of AIDS
:ROFLMAO:The Globe sounds like the magazin 'MAD' :whistling: haven't read that in a while

MAD was funny - wot me worry?

My sister told me that Katherine has stated that she would not take the title of "Queen" when the time comes. Has anyone else heard that? I know Camilla has stated that and I agree she should never be called Queen but Kate? No way, she should be Queen Kate or Katherine when Prince Williams takes the throne.

No I haven't. What was her source? The Globe?

My sister told me that Katherine has stated that she would not take the title of "Queen" when the time comes. Has anyone else heard that? I know Camilla has stated that and I agree she should never be called Queen but Kate? No way, she should be Queen Kate or Katherine when Prince Williams takes the throne.

Neither Catherine nor Camilla have stated such a thing. Both will legally be Queen Consort upon their husbands ascension.

Why should Camilla not be called queen consort? She will be married to a king, for taco sakes! any how, i have not heard any such thing. sounds like more silly rumor.

Why should Camilla not be called queen consort? She will be married to a king, for taco sakes! any how, i have not heard any such thing. sounds like more silly rumor.

This debate has come up time after time since I've been here and for the most part, the posts have been moved to the relevant sub forum. I did a bit of backtracking and found part of the many discussions that might help to explain things. Very interesting place to read as it discusses many of the ins and outs of titles, styles and such.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/questions-about-british-styles-and-titles-258-96.html

Those darn gossip papers, I cant stand them. It is so absurd that people would ever believe that what they say is in any way true. People can be so gullible. It never ceases to amaze me.

Likely future Cambridges engagement -100 Women in Hedge Fund Gala. This year is it is benefitting Action on Addiction. Date Oct 24 Location : State Rooms of Kensington Palace

William is the Patron of the 100 Women and Kate and Harry joined him for the next 3 years as Patron. This yr Addiction on Addiction, next year Wellchild, 2015 The Art Room.

The FA 150 gala is Sat Oct 26. William is most likely a given maybe Kate too.

The engagements are usually announced 2 weeks before so any day now for confirmation.

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 2h
Kate will be at the Remembrance Service on the Cenotaph on 10th Nov where Prince William will lay a wreath, probably in Irish Guards uniform

I don't know about wearing the Irish Guards uniform. William has worn his RAF uniform to the Cenotaph ever since he switched to the RAF. The RAF is under represented with most of the royals in navy uniforms that day. If William does wear the Irish Guards uniform , it wouldn't be the red tunic one but the black bow one that he wore at St Patrick Day.

I don't know about wearing the Irish Guards uniform. William has worn his RAF uniform to the Cenotaph ever since he switched to the RAF. The RAF is under represented with most of the royals in navy uniforms that day. If William does wear the Irish Guards uniform , it wouldn't be the red tunic one but the black bow one that he wore at St Patrick Day.

what we will see is a "great coat" which is what they all wear, but just varies in colour and trimmings by branch of the services. But expect it will be RAF.

William and Kate’s new court is opened with £60,000 per table gala dinner:
William and Kate

I think it's great that the Cambridge's and even Prince Harry are bringing the life back to Kensington Palace. It's now their official court and will become the place they will be holding a great deal of events in.

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 16h
It's just been confirmed to me that William and Kate will be at the Cenotaph on 10th November for the traditional remembrance sunday service

They will not, however, be at the State Banquet for the President of South Korea next month. #WilliamandKate

What will it take to get those two attend a State Banquet?

It's just been confirmed to me that William and Kate will be at the Cenotaph on 10th November for the traditional remembrance sunday service

They will not, however, be at the State Banquet for the President of South Korea next month. #WilliamandKate

What will it take to get those two attend a State Banquet?

The Queen to invite them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom