Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 2: February 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, that's one of the reasons they end their royal life on March 31. It had to be prior to April 3.

It would seems so - Disney schedules are worked out months if not years in advance. But things are been moved around now to have entertainment while at home so we will never know. Of course many will speculate about the timing.

Their other projects have all been put on hold, rightly so. But Disney holds the rights to this one and can release when they want to.

So, that's one of the reasons they end their royal life on March 31. It had to be prior to April 3.

I don't think that is the reason for the March 31st date, as it doesn't sound like Meghan is getting paid for this but rather Disney is making a donation to Elephants without Borders directly and the work took place back in the fall before they stepped away from royal work. This isn't much different than the SmartWorks collection. A way for Meghan to help support a charity that is meaningful to both of them.

Last edited:
I don't read their website. is this related to the time when Harry was making a suggestion to the CEo Of Disney... that he hire Meghan?

The Disney project is. The date of March 31st was announced on their website just before they returned to the UK for their final activities.

Meghan recorded this last year before anything about them leaving was happening. She makes no money from this film. It all goes to charity. The film date has nothing to do with that. There is another documentary released the same day. It is for Earth Month. Also was revealed this has been in the works long before the Lion King premiere. Sorry, Daily Fail.

Meghan recorded this last year before anything about them leaving was happening. She makes no money from this film. It all goes to charity. The film date has nothing to do with that. There is another documentary released the same day. It is for Earth Month. Also was revealed this has been in the works long before the Lion King premiere. Sorry, Daily Fail.

Personally I would say, made public. I cannot believe that their decision to leave was made on their 6 week vacation.

In regards to it being in the works before the premiere, where has that information come from? Voice recording for a film doesn’t take as long as acting in a film, so it could be done in a matter of weeks. Considering the, supposed, conversations at the Lion King premiere, if this was already in the works why did Bob Iger seemed so shocked at Henry’s suggestion?

Personally I would say, made public. I cannot believe that their decision to leave was made on their 6 week vacation.

In regards to it being in the works before the premiere, where has that information come from? Voice recording for a film doesn’t take as long as acting in a film, so it could be done in a matter of weeks. Considering the, supposed, conversations at the Lion King premiere, if this was already in the works why did Bob Iger seemed so shocked at Henry’s suggestion?

I saw the video and I honestly never considered it as an actual pitch. I just figured the decisions had already been made and they were just joking around. They both knew there was a camera aimed at them and Bob Iger seemed like he was trying not to laugh.

I don’t think it was a joke. Bob and his wife looked genuinely surprised.

And we don’t know if she is not paid. Disney might donate money to a good cause and Meghan might still get paid. Two things have zero correlation. They made it clear, professional income is important to them.

It's lovely that the money Meghan will make from the film is all going to charity. I was worried that the couple might use such publicity for their own personal gain but I'm glad that they know better!

So, there are two docus: one narrated by the Oscar winning actress Natalie Portman and the other narrated by "Meghan, Duchess of Sussex".

That is a promotion for Meghan!

And the point with the monies: In the end they will have to make a living... right?

It's lovely that the money Meghan will make from the film is all going to charity. I was worried that the couple might use such publicity for their own personal gain but I'm glad that they know better!

I don't understand this post...Harry has been doing conservation work for years now and we know Meghan has joined him in this work in recent years. Why would there be any concern about personal gain?

As it is, every royal endeavor is a PR exercise. That is the nature of being a public person.

I think the common denominator in the room is elephants. Disney and Harry (and maybe Meghan) both have interests in protecting these animals. Harry with "Elephants Without Borders" and Disney with its project "Protect the Pride" and because of this, they collaborated. Its why they were together at the premier of "The Lion King" in the first place.

There may have been monies or fees paid for this upcoming documentary but that actually isn't the reason for doing it. The prime focus of both Disney and Meghan and Harry is to draw attention to the plight these beautiful animals are facing.

Every now and then we also hear of British royals that have participated in events and supported Elephant Family which was Camilla's brother, Mark Shand's endeavor.

In all of this, the real winners are the elephants. That is what matters. ?

No I don't believe anything printed about this little family that appears in the media without confirmation from the Sussexes either.

And I am so glad that this elephant documentary with VoiceOver by Meghan is now being released, and the past lies and misunderstandings about it are being exposed.

I don't understand this post...Harry has been doing conservation work for years now and we know Meghan has joined him in this work in recent years. Why would there be any concern about personal gain?

As it is, every royal endeavor is a PR exercise. That is the nature of being a public person.

This wasn’t a dig at the couple. It was just a personal worry that now they have moved away from royal life, they will use the money for personal gain i.e. keep it and spend it on their own stuff. A la Sarah Ferguson, Tessy Anthony in Luxembourg, etc.

Have Harry or Meghan ever appeared to be similar to the Duchess of York in any of their financial dealings?

Since they have left the UK semi permanently in November they couldn't have lived more quietly and unostentatiously. No huge social events, parties, red carpet, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 -

Have Harry or Meghan ever appeared to be similar to the Duchess of York in any of their financial dealings?

Since they have left the UK semi permanently in November they couldn't have lived more quietly and unostentatiously. No huge social events, parties, red carpet, etc.

I didn’t mean to start a comparison game. I was just using others as an example who haven’t done what Harry and Meghan are doing and are using their royal connections for business and leisure purposes. That’s all - since Zaira said she didn’t understand my post, so I explained it to her. I’m very much aware of the couple’s charity pursuits but naturally when one starts a new life they forget their old life, or become less attached to it, they become new people and I guess that’s what I was trying to say that I hoped wouldn’t be the case for the Sussexes - though the action of donating the money to charity proves they are not and are still very much involved in the charities and causes they supported as royals. It wasn’t meant to be a big deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to California Prince Harry, Meghan and Archie!

Meghan narrated a documentary about Elephants for Disney. It will be released on Disney plus April 3rd.

8197c47c34c42b77732b74b7ce81ff5c09ec0a60.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom