Diana, Princess of Wales Picture Thread 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I've been trying to figure out for years what event this photo was taken at- first I thought it was a hospital visit in WA DC, then I read in a book where it was mislabeled as a 1997 awards ceremony.Now I think I've finally got it right-I was looking at the 2nd article in post#463 in Royals with People and Children about a 1996 visit Diana made to Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital. Same outfit and handbag in both.So this photo can be labelled once and for all- Visit to Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital 1996. Love this photo!

Gosh, how innocent she looked in the early pictures. And then - scrolling down - what a transformation to a self-confident and beautiful lady she made.
Extremly interesting to see.
Bye Bine

It took her awhile but she really grew comfortable in her as The Princess of Wales. Even after her seperation and divorce, you can tell Diana was on her way to do some amazing things.

Picture:
Diana looking beautiful in her Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara:
http://royal-windsor.tumblr.com/image/48075073003

Last edited:
cannot find another venue to say this, but 'happy birthday, dear princess' you are missed.

Happy Birthday to the most regal princess ever! You are terribly missed.

I found some information that clarified the picture I am looking for of Diana in the Hachi Dress it is not from the early 80s but late 80s, probably 5-12-89 (Raine's 60th birthday) and the picture is of Diana, her father, and brother. Her hair is up the way she styled it often for formal occasions in 87 and 89. I think I misunderstood something earlier and don't think she is wearing the emerald choker as a headband on this occasion. I do know she wore it once before it was worn in Australia. Does anyone have a date or picture of that event? Thanks!

Yes, I have also heard about this photo. I read about it on these forums a year or so ago. Apparently it is a private photo on display at Althorp. Someone had seen it and taken a photo of it. I beleve it was posted on this forum for a short time & then taken down. I would love to see it too .

I have found this photo on Pinterest.
I am not sure of the protocol for posting it on here.
Should I just add the link or can I add the photo?

New photographs show Princess of Wales dancing with Tom Sellick and Eastwood at White House party | Mail Online
She famously danced with John Travolta and captivated the world.
But previously unseen photographs show Princess Diana also taking to the floor with Tom Selleck and Clint Eastwood on that glittering night at the White House in September 1985.
Diana, 24, looks unsure of herself, but would emerge as a global fashion icon thanks to her Victor Edelstein gown which sold in March for £240,000.

If Clint Eastwood were to hold a 24-year-old-me apparently that closely, I might appear a tad dubious myself!

Why would anyone pay 240,000 pounds for a used evening gown?

The evening gown once belong to an historical woman.

I love the look on Princess Diana's face in the first picture- I understand the expression- that is a little too close for comfort, but still cracks me up!:lol:
Love the photo of Diana and President Regan. And the photos of Dana and John particularly the one of him bowing, and her curtseying are so romantic. It is like the opening scene of Edward the seventh where Victoria is dancing with Albert- you wish that it was you at the ball!

I didn't know she met Tom Sellick. You learn something new everyday. And then there's Clint being his usual self :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so very much for posting the great link! I do enjoy photos of Diana, and it's a real treat to see new ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom