Diana and James Hewitt

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can post a lot of things on a lot of websites. It doesn't make it true.
Is this on the official Royal Army website?
You put -
But who is seriously doubting his paternity other than those in this thread? It doesn't appear to be in the UK newspapers...
My reply was that there are many doubting it, as commented on by kimebear after she trawled through ARSSE. Just because it is not the current headline in some newspapers, does not mean the story has gone away.

At the height of the War of the Wales, don't you think that Charles would have had a paternity test done, if he had any doubts and then used that against Diana?

It would certainly have made divorce easier and cost a lot less.
But Bertie, how do we know he didn't? Charles would never have tried to destroy Diana by releasing any results or using it to get a cheaper settlement. You could look on it another way, Diana may have said pay me X amount or I will tell everyone the truth about Harry's father. Could this be the lever Burrell used to avoid prosecution over Diana's possessions?

The fact remains, that because of her affairs, there will always be a question over Harry's parentage in the UK public mind.

But Bertie, how do we know he didn't? Charles would never have tried to destroy Diana by releasing any results or using it to get a cheaper settlement. You could look on it another way, Diana may have said pay me X amount or I will tell everyone the truth about Harry's father. Could this be the lever Burrell used to avoid prosecution over Diana's possessions?

The fact remains, that because of her affairs, there will always be a question over Harry's parentage in the UK public mind.

I agree that Charles was way to much of a gentlemen to stoop to her level of sniping but some of his friends haven't shown the same regard for him.

He could easily have used that knowledge to make her go away as that knowledge made public would just about have destroyed her - a woman who tried to pass off another man's child is bad enough to to try to change the bloodline of the royal family - only the truly fanatical Diana worshippers would accept that she had the right to to that to the royal family, the Queen as the grandmother and the British people.

The fact that she remained a public figure and continue to vilify him until almost the end of her life when you consider the letters that she wrote, the Panorama interview and the way that that was still being rehashed, the way she continued to upstage him and the Queen, makes it clear to me that they didn't have that sort of leverage over her.

Charles is too much of a traditionalist to accept an illigitimate child as a lawful heir to a range of royal titles and benefits - even though he obviously loves Harry as a son (which I believe very stronly that he is). He could still love him and treat him as a son but remove the royal status from him if he believed at all that Harry wasn't his and could prove it.

:previous:]I don't think any man would want to be shown to be a cuckold. As the spare, tptb may have relied on the belief that Harry reaching the throne were remote. Charles' friends would never reveal such an intimate detail and it would only have been his closest friends who would have been privy to such a matter. IMO, Charles would never publicly humiliate any child.:flowers:

I too believe that Prince Charles would never do anything so horrible to a child, especially one he so obviously loves. By the way, you have probably hit on the reason the case against that disgraceful butler was dropped, he would have had no compunction in revealing Diana´s secrets.

:previous:
Burrell could make such a claim but it's highly unlikely he would have evidence to prove it. He didn't join the Wales Household until 1987.

:previous: That could depend on what papers/possessions he took into his care.:whistling:

There are always going to be speculations about Prince Harry's paternity, partly by people trying to undermine Diana or the royal family, partly by the tabloid media trying to make money, partly because conspiracy theories are popular and impossible to refute with any amount of factual information (we never went to the moon! no! thousands of people at NASA are in on the deception too! you can't trust anyone! and the Queen had Diana murdered! yes she did! and anyway so did Philip! and the British and French police and coroner are in on it too!), and partly because some people for whatever reason genuinely believe Hewitt's revelations under hypnosis.

Whether these beliefs are based on anything firm is another matter. Personally I find the whole business of "I didn't remember that I'd slept with Diana before I was supposed to have met her until I went under hypnosis" to be absurd, and for me that taints anything Hewitt might have to say on the topic, particularly when combined with the fact that he has a bit of a track record of coming up with juicy tidbits when there's money to be had.

:previous: It is a conspiracy theory, because for diehard "Hewitt is Harry's dad" believers, there is nothing that could disconfirm the theory...short of DNA samples they themselves took and tested (because even if DNA results were made public by the royal family, it would be...'it's probably a cover-up!') And somehow I doubt any member of the public is going to get a chance to do a DNA test on both Harry and Hewitt... ;)

I was just thinking about the resemblances between family members in the BRF and somehow ended up wondering why I thought Harry looked more like the Spencers than James Hewitt. I had no idea this debate was still going on in this thread, but here are some pictures I found. I'm sure it won't convince skeptics, but I think there are a few reasons Harry's hair reminds me more of Earl Spencer's than Hewitt's. First of all, both Harry and Earl Spencer in their twenties had a very full head of hair. James Hewitt apparently didn't.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/52097934/Tim-Graham-Photo-Library
http://www.soundoffcolumn.com/images/princess-diana-memorial-service-4.jpg
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_03/dihewittREX_468x364.jpg

Harry and the Spencers tend to have fairly straight, full-bodied hair (Diana and her brother both); Hewitt's looks wavy and lays back flat against his head. (That's obvious even in these two photos that claim to show a resemblance between Harry and Hewitt.)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_EXqiJGUmhrU/SR1Jl88SyBI/AAAAAAAAAWk/jhv2PCaPohw/s320/Henry_hewitt.jpg

I also think James Hewitt's hair tends to be more auburn, while Harry and Earl Spencer both have more sandy-coloured hair, although that's hard to tell from photographs. But honestly, without prior knowledge that Diana had an affair with Hewitt, would anyone really think Prince Harry and James Hewitt looked alike (beyond both being Englishmen with reddish hair)?

There are always going to be speculations about Prince Harry's paternity, partly by people trying to undermine Diana or the royal family,
A great many of the people I have heard stating that it is clear Hewitt IS Harry's father, had no ill feeling/dislike of Diana or the Royal Family. They are just 'telling it as it is', ITO, it hasn't necessarily changed their opinion about Diana either, purely because Harry is the 2nd born.
SHORTENED - That's obvious even in these two photos that claim to show a resemblance between Harry and Hewitt.
And two wildly different photos couldn't have been found, IMO.:flowers:

None of which alters the fact that the actions that caused all this speculation could and should have been avoided!:flowers:

What a good thing William wasn't the red-haired son in that case.

BTW, I did give a whole list of reasons, not just the one.

BTW, I did give a whole list of reasons, not just the one.
One was true, (the tabloids making money), the other possible, some believe the hypnosis others that man didn't go to the moon.

I find many seem to want to believe that it is only non Diana fans/followers/devotees that see more than a striking similarity between Hewitt and Harry.

I think there are several groups, again. I've heard a few people saying that he must be Hewitt's son because otherwise how can he be a redhead, because they don't know that Diana's paternal ancestors and all her siblings are redheads; they're really only familiar with her and her blonde mother. Some people are saying it just to make Charles look foolish; I remember on one comedy show they put up a photo of Harry looking dashing and a photo of Charles looking bat-eared, bald, and elderly, and said something like, don't tell me that that ugly old git could be Harry's dad. And for whatever reason, some genuinely believe what Hewitt claims.

Well it sound to me that the whole subject is just going round and round. This is what we do know

1) Diana and Hewitt had an affair
2) Diana has stated that the affair started after Harry was born and Hewitt initially agreed to this fact
3) Hewitt is now saying (???) that he the possibility exists that the affair started earlier but he is not sure if he remembers when
4) So the based on this there is a possiblity that he is in fact Harry's father
5) Some people (people who don't like Diana, the royals in general, Hewitt or just conspiracy theorists) belive that Hewitt is in fact Harry's father because of the hair color not realizing (or caring) that Diana's siblings have red hair. Or even if they didn't know that her siblings had red hair they are not taking into consideration that Harry could have red hair because of a recessive gene in the Spencer family that has come back to life
6) If its stated on a website, said by people on a daily basis it must be true. Harry is Hewitt's son.
7) The Windsors know that Harry is Hewitts son but they don't want to weaken Charles because he looks like a fool for raising another man's son as his own
8) The Windsors know that Harry is Hewitt's son but they don't care because they love him just they way he is and as far as they are concerned he is Charles's son
9) Harry is Charles's son
10) We will never really know the truth because Diana is dead, Hewitt has no credibility, and Charles and/or Harry don't really care

Does that sum it up?

Last edited:
Does that sum it up?

:previous:

It does pretty well sum it up but I think No. 8 is the closest to the truth. One correction as far as I am concerned, the likeness is not the colour of the hair but the eyes, eybrows and nose, but that doesn´t mean much, lots of people have similar features.

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree with wisteria, this will follow harry to his grave. his mother opened a pandoras box with her comment. as for a resemblance to the mountbattens...i don't see any resemblance at all.

I don't see a resemblance to the Mountbattens but to the Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburgs (Philip's paternal line not his maternal line).

The only people I know who believe Harry is Hewitt's son are Diana fans to the extreme - you can't say anything negative about her at all without getting your head bitten off. They say that she had a right to have sex outside marriage as she was unhappy and that they believe that Harry was her favourite child because she was passing off a 'bastard' on the royals.

One has even gone so far as to say that she 'knows' that the Australian government has drawn up plans to pass over Harry, if the situation ever arose that he was to become King, because the government knows the truth. This person doesn't seem to understand that that would mean a referendum in Australia as it would mean a change to our constitution and therefore a vote on Diana's morality.

Most of those who, like me, and they make up the majority of the people I know, disliked Diana believe Harry to be Charles' son based on a belief that she wasn't that stupid, although some otheres do have their doubts believing that they wouldn't put it past Diana to have cheated on Charles from the very beginning. I do have two acquaintances who actually question William's paternity as well based on the fact that Diana admitted adultery and therefore was capable of doing so earlier than 1984 when Harry was born.

Well it sound to me that the whole subject is just going round and round. This is what we do know
3. is not entirely correct, the wording seems to be crucial here. Hewitt has said all along, (from the TV interviews I have seen) 'the agreed date was 1986'. I have always questioned why it was worded thus.
5. Is also incorrect, it is not just the groups you suggest, as has already been stated and not just because of the colour of his hair. Many people in the UK are probably more conversant with the Spencer colouring than those elsewhere in the world.
6. Again, just because some people on this site don't believe it, that doesn't make it untrue
7. The Windsors know he is Hewitts son but don't want to further tarnish the reputation of a future Kings mother.

The only people I know who believe Harry is Hewitt's son are Diana fans to the extreme - you can't say anything negative about her at all without getting your head bitten off. They say that she had a right to have sex outside marriage as she was unhappy and that they believe that Harry was her favourite child because she was passing off a 'bastard' on the royals.

Well, Skydragon believes Harry is Hewitt's son, and I don't think anyone could call her a Diana fan to the anything.:ermm:

:previous: No, I don't think you could call me a Diana fan, although I hasten to add I don't hate her as has been suggested by some, I just disliked her and the things she got up to!:D

Hewitt

Harry

I don't understand why we keep discussing Hewitt. He was a cad, and I have pity for any woman who managed to get involved with him.

As for Harry, even if he were biologically Hewitt's child, legally he is the child of the Prince of Wales. And unless Charles decides to untie that relationship, that's how it remains. Personally, I don't believe in Hewitt's paternity, and I don't think we're doing Harry any favors by bringing up this old chestnut. As for the red hair and resemblance, it's not improbable that as small as the old gene base was in England that there is a resemblance between people who are unrelated as far as we know. Look at the resemblance between Diana and Sophie, for example.

Hewitt belongs next to Burrrell in the dustbin. Thus spake Iowabelle!

Hewitt belongs next to Burrrell in the dustbin. Thus spake Iowabelle!

Iowabelle hath quoth.

That'll do it, then...We just need a couple of dustbins and we can wrap this thread up.:D

The fact that she remained a public figure and continue to vilify him until almost the end of her life e it.

How did Diana vilify Charles by the time of her death? By 1997 she and Charles were on friendly terms.

I believe Harry has Phillip's nose, he resembles his grandfather more than his father imo.

Actually, I hadn't noticed until recently but I do think Harry looks quite a bit like Prince Philip in his teens and 20s. The eyes and eyebrows seem similar.

I had noticed that Harry doesn't seem to have inherited Diana's nose, which William definitely has. Harry seems to have a more delicate nose, perhaps similar to the DoE or even George VI and the Duke of Windsor.

Actually, vilifying a philandering spouse is common. Charles was a philanderer, at best. Diana sought solace with the wrong people. Harry looks like many of his Spencer relatives and some of his Hanover ones, too. Iowabelle is right. This is old nonsense and one of the chief protagonists unable to defend herself.

How did Diana vilify Charles by the time of her death? By 1997 she and Charles were on friendly terms.

I believe Harry has Phillip's nose, he resembles his grandfather more than his father imo.

The words 'almost to the end of her life' were there for a reason.

Well, Skydragon believes Harry is Hewitt's son, and I don't think anyone could call her a Diana fan to the anything.:ermm:

I did mean the people I know personally, not those in cyber-space.

Actually, vilifying a philandering spouse is common. Charles was a philanderer, at best. Diana sought solace with the wrong people. Harry looks like many of his Spencer relatives and some of his Hanover ones, too. Iowabelle is right. This is old nonsense and one of the chief protagonists unable to defend herself.

And yet the saga never ends!

Unfortunately, this will follow Harry forever (at least with some people) other people will move on. For Charles and Henry it appears at least that there is no question. And honestly, if Hewitt had any question about Henrys paternity .he could have requested a DNA test when Harry is minor. Not sure how that would have played out in the courts and/or Press, or if the Palace would have squashed it but there you have it.

Last edited:
I think it will follow Harry for very many British citizens, until his death. I don't know why people on here get so upset about the belief, for many in the UK, IMO (no I haven't spoken to them all:D), it is taken as fact that Hewitt is Harry's biological father. They see overwhelming similarities between the two, eyes, mouth, hairline and especially the chin.

No amount of righteous indignation from pro Diana posters on here is going to force a change of opinion, especially of those that have never even heard of, or have any interest in The Royal Forums.:flowers:

No amount of righteous indignation from pro Diana posters on here is going to force a change of opinion,

Just as how no amount of righteous indignation from non-pro Diana posters will force a change of opinion. I agree, people will believe what they want to believe. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom