Death and Funeral of HE Don Fernando Gómez-Acebo; March 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to Vanitatis, on April 8 there will be a funeral in memory of Fernando in Madrid.

Funeral in memory of Fernando in the Military Cathedral of Madrid

Last edited:
Photos:

Last edited:
A nice extended RF gathering for the Memorial Mass!

I saw in live the arriving of the guests, I supose Grandees of Spain and friends , they all know each other well and a lot of warm Kissings. It lasted one hour before before the arrival of the King and the Queen.
I was impressed by the arrival of Infante Margarita . How devoted is her old husband Dr Carlos Zurita.
The Widow of Don Fernando was there with their Son. Both were kissed by King Juan Carlos and King Felipe.

I saw in live the arriving of the guests, I supose Grandees of Spain and friends , they all know each other well and a lot of warm Kissings. It lasted one hour before before the arrival of the King and the Queen.
I was impressed by the arrival of Infante Margarita . How devoted is her old husband Dr Carlos Zurita.
The Widow of Don Fernando was there with their Son. Both were kissed by King Juan Carlos and King Felipe.
The Duke of Soria is so devoted to the Infanta and they are a wonderful couple!

Glad to see the family be together despite of being a sad moment for all of them. Princess Pilar, mother of Fernando, was the oldest child of Juan Carlos' father. Imagine had Franco selected her and not the kid brother Fernando would have been the king if only for a brief period of time. Rest in peace.

Glad to see the family be together despite of being a sad moment for all of them. Princess Pilar, mother of Fernando, was the oldest child of Juan Carlos' father. Imagine had Franco selected her and not the kid brother Fernando would have been the king if only for a brief period of time. Rest in peace.
Hew was the youngest of 5 children so certainly he would not have become King but probably his oldest brother Juan Filiberto

Hew was the youngest of 5 children so certainly he would not have become King but probably his oldest brother Juan Filiberto
:giggle:Thanks Stephan, it's 7:57 AM and I need more coffee to get my genealogy brain to work! :coffee:

Spain needed a King , No need of an Infanta.
I disagree because I grew up hoping for a restoration, and the country to be stabilized with a dignified King, yet the later only occurred with the current king.

Fernando's mother, Infanta Pilar, conducted herself in life better than her kid brother and would have changed history for sure. But, back then it was a male dominated world as it seems still is today. Fernando and his family, in an alternative reality, would have given us less if any scandals and division at all. Like in the current Game of Thrones new series, Pilar and her family were the royals that never were.

The Infanta renounced her succession right upon marriage to Don Luis,Viscount la Torre in 1967.

The Infanta renounced her succession right upon marriage to Don Luis,Viscount la Torre in 1967.

I just remembered an historical footnote on Pilar, she was supposed to marry and become Queen of Belgium, which would have led her children to a totally different life.

I think watching Marvel's multi-universe series is ruining my mind with alternative realities for Pilar today. ;)

I just remembered an historical footnote on Pilar, she was supposed to marry and become Queen of Belgium, which would have led her children to a totally different life.

I think watching Marvel's multi-universe series is ruining my mind with alternative realities for Pilar today. ;)

Doña
Fabiola de Mora was a lady in waiting to the Infanta I believe and the king fell for the lady Fabiola over the Infanta Pilar.

Coming back to the thread, Don Fernando never divorced what are the titles of his Widow and his Son.?

Coming back to the thread, Don Fernando never divorced what are the titles of his Widow and his Son.?
He had no title except for the honorific style His Excellency Don Fernando/Lord Fernando ,not sure if that extends to his son?

No, this treatment is for the children of infantes and infantas and is for life, their children do not inherit it and their spouses can't use it either..

After yesterday's funeral, today there was a family lunch at the Puerta de Hierro Club in Madrid

No, this treatment is for the children of infantes and infantas and is for life, their children do not inherit it and their spouses can't use it either..

Spouses are entitled to its use. The Palace styled the Infanta Pilar's children's spouses, for example, as Excma. Señora and Excmo. Señor on the guestlist of then Prince of Asturias' wedding in 2004.

Nor is there any restriction in the 1987 royal decree of the right of the spouses of Infantes' and Infantas' children to share their spouses' treatment as is customary.

I am not sure about children.

Back
Top Bottom