Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 4: April 2005 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
purple_platinum said:
is this an annual thing? how come for a 'solemn gathering', they have to wear a gala dress and a sash? :confused:

but she looks great with her hair down.. :)
yes, its an annual gathering...
I think the dress is ok, but I dont like the colour, its to "much", it looks like there´s glitter on it.

I think the first time we saw the dress was at Nobel 2000, but as seen in the above post she has worn it many times.

Last edited:
Gita said:
I thought Crown Princess Victoria wore that dress for the first time at the Nobel 2000 awards? Which was on the 10th December 2000.

yes you can see two photos from that events in the link i posted
wonder if we will see that dress again

I think the dress is ok, but I dont like the colour, its to "much", it looks like there´s glitter on it.

I agree there...The cut and the silhouette are right, but the color...it's not red, it's not pink...a bit weird.
Wasn't it the same dress at Nobel 2004 also?:confused:

Yennie said:
Yesterday, Victoria was at the Swedish Academy’s Solemn Gathering at the Stock Exchange House in Stockholm

one more from billet bladet

Attachments

• 00000052vic.jpg
    00000052vic.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 247
purple_platinum said:
one more from billet bladet

aw! that photo is so cute. she is wonderful! thanks for posting.

pollyemma said:
aw! that photo is so cute. she is wonderful! thanks for posting.

Victoria has an special gift of making funny faces on pictures, I haven't seen anyone (royal or not) who is capable of doing that, Go Victoria!!!:D

By TV-event "around the year with the royal family" at 27th Dec. don't pictures from Nobel-concert few days before the Nobel celebration with the crown princess?

According to a press release from the organisation Society and Defence, Crown Princess Victoria will attend their Annual National Conference 2006 during the days 17-18 January. It will be held, as tradition follows since many years, in Sälen in Dalarna County. Last year the King attended.

And, according to today's issue of Dagens Industri, Crown Princess Victoria will participate in the World Economic Forum in Davos which will be held in the end of January.

GrandDuchess said:
And, according to today's issue of Dagens Industri, Crown Princess Victoria will participate in the World Economic Forum in Davos which will be held in the end of January.

great news, GrandDuchess..
this is a chance for victoria to increase her economic & diplomatic skills.
i remember last year there're several royals present in switzerland (philippe & mathilde, who else?)

purple_platinum said:
great news, GrandDuchess..
this is a chance for victoria to increase her economic & diplomatic skills.
i remember last year there're several royals present in switzerland (philippe & mathilde, who else?)
Yes, and she has also been present during previous years. I think this year she really wants to attend it because two of the focus points for the meeting will be China (which has been a focus country for her in 2005) and India.

Today Crown Princess Victoria will attend the last two days of the organsiation Society and Defence’s annual national conference in Sälen in the Dalarna County.

Svenska Dagbladet notes in a small piece on her attendance that the King has attended this important even before, but this will be the Crown Princess' first time there. The newspaper also has these two comments from the Secretary-General of People and Defence on her attendance:

- She is interested in the issues, that's the main reason of her coming.

- She chose the programme features about the defence politics and the new defence herself. The issues about the system threatening, organised crime that we bring up on Wednesday she also felt were relevant.

In the end of the article, they note that this will be a break in Victoria's studies (she is apparently still studying society related issues). Right now she is studying constitutional knowledge and gets private tutoring/classes by the Speaker of the Parliament, Björn von Sydow, who is an expert in political science and has a previous university background.

http://www.svd.se/dynamiskt/inrikes/did_11560230.asp

Last edited:
GrandDuchess said:
In the end of the article, they note that this will be a break in Victoria's studies (she is apparently still studying society related issues). Right now she is studying constitutional knowledge and gets private tutoring/classes by the Speaker of the Parliament, Björn von Sydow, who is an expert in political science and has a previous university background.

Thanks for posting this GrandDuchess-dear
And I´m still more impressed of university diplomas, degrees, confirmations etc.
Maybe I´m old fashioned, maybe learning directly from ppl in the government/parliament is the future for crown princes and princesses. But I can´t help picturing Björn and Victoria having tea, cookies and having a little talk about this and that. Well, maybe they take it serious...dunno

When Crown Princess Victoria arrived at the organisation Society and Defence's annual national conference today, she met 2,5 year old Hedvig Eleonora (my note: nice name btw, it's also the name of an old Swedish Queen) Oskarsson. She asked:

- Where do you have the crown?
- At home in the palace, Crown Princess Victoria answered.

Picture by Ulf Palm/Scanpix via Sydsvenska Dagbladet.

Attachments

• Folk&Försvar 17 jan 2006_Sydsvenskan.jpg
    Folk&Försvar 17 jan 2006_Sydsvenskan.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
thanks for the tidbits, GrandDuchess..
that's very cute how Victoria answered that. i'm glad the princess is wearing her hair down quite often these days. she looks good rather than a ponytail.

Here are some pictures of Crown Princess Victoria's attendance at the organisation People and Defence's annual national conference yesterday, 18 January, in the town of Sälen in Dalarna County. The Crown Princess will attend the last day of the conference today.

Pictures by Ulf Palm/Scanpix via Svenska Dagbladet.

1: Crown Princess Victoria met Ulrika Eleonora Oskarsson at her arrival, 2: Victoria was welcomed by the Chairman of People and Defence, Lars Ekeman, and the County Governor of Dalarna, Ingrid Dahlberg, 3: At the conference, 4: Victoria was seated surrounded by (from left to right) Court Marshal Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, the Chairman of The Swedish Trade Union Confederation, Wanja Lundby-Wedin, and County Governor Ingrid Dahlberg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 204
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 198
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 274
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Yes!

Yes she did look like a million dollars! I love that dress it is gorgeous.:)

Larzen said:
When did this take place?

From billedbladet
According to BB Victoria looked like a million dollars when she came to the 50th birthday of the Swedish finance man Jacob Wahlenberg at the Grand Hotel
http://www.billedbladet.dk/default.asp?Action=Details&Item=3749
Thank you for finding this picture Larzen, Victoria looks absolutely gorgeous - definitely like a million bucks!

Of all the big shots (who can be quite full of themselves) in the corporate world, Jacob Wallenberg is one of the few that I really have respect and admiration for. He's quite down to earth and a very open and natural person, unlike many of his colleagues, and despite his family name (Wallenberg, being the most known family of Sweden, the Bernadottes excepted). He turned 50 this past Friday, 13 January, but I don't know when the party was held (I guess it could've been the same day). Dagens Industri had a great interview with him to honour that day, they have it online as well - you can read it here.

Gita said:
Yes she did look like a million dollars! I love that dress it is gorgeous.:)

Pardon, what does "look like a million dollars" mean? I'd like to understand, I'm sorry I'm Italian...

Lena said:
Thanks for posting this GrandDuchess-dear
And I´m still more impressed of university diplomas, degrees, confirmations etc.
Maybe I´m old fashioned, maybe learning directly from ppl in the government/parliament is the future for crown princes and princesses. But I can´t help picturing Björn and Victoria having tea, cookies and having a little talk about this and that. Well, maybe they take it serious...dunno
In my opinion Björn von Sydow is a 'pratmaskin'. Like many politicians he's got this kind of mouth which goes on and on and on :rolleyes: about virtually nothing, and no matter the subject it's always on a positive note.

I can't recall ever seeing a picture of him with a closed mouth.

If Victoria gets to say 'god morning' and 'have a nice evening' when they part without getting interrupted she should feel lucky.

Even a blind chicken can lay eggs, or whatever they say, so i hope Victoria can make something good out of what Björn von Sydow says.

It just struck me, maybe she uses Björn von Sydow as a blow-dryer. If she shows up with wet hair it will only take an hour or so until mr. von Sydow's rather airy mouth has done the trick with her hair ;)

"Million dollars"

To "look a million dollars" means that someone looks absolutely stunning, as if they have had a million dollars spent on them to look that way if you can get what I am saying.

Gita said:
To "look a million dollars" means that someone looks absolutely stunning, as if they have had a million dollars spent on them to look that way if you can get what I am saying.

Thanks a lot! Victoria looks like a million dollars to me, too!

Well, Victoria really looked gorgeous, she is getting more beautiful everyday, but I didn't like the dress. Just my opinion, though.

Victoria and her siblings and parents are all very attractive people good looking people. They're Scandinavian which generally are very tall people could someone tell me how tall Victoria is?

Has Princess Victoria arrived in Copenhagen yet?
seeing that Haakon & Mette-Marit were forced to cancel their flight and had to take a train to copenhagen, how about Victoria?
pardon my cluelessness, how to get from stockholm to copenhagen other than by plane?

Wow i love what PV wore to the People and Defence's annual national conference. The cardigan was gr8t.

I really like Victoria´s outfit today at the danish baptism. Very classy...only the hat could be removed. She has worn it several times before and it simply doesn´t add much to her beauty. Well, I don´t like hats at all and when they are big, I like them even less

From Face To Face (you can find more pics of her today in the thread to Christian´s baptism)
http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bap12ps.jpg

De La Cruza said:
Victoria and her siblings and parents are all very attractive people good looking people. They're Scandinavian which generally are very tall people could someone tell me how tall Victoria is?
Acutually, the Swedish royals aren't tall compared to their countrymen.

I estimate the King is around 1.70 metre and the Queen 1.60.

The average male height in Sweden is 1.80 and the female height 1.66, so they are both shorter than that.

Victoria is taller than Silvia, but I don't know if she's taller than the King. Since she's wearing heels it can be difficult to determine the difference.

Lena said:
I really like Victoria´s outfit today at the danish baptism. Very classy...only the hat could be removed. She has worn it several times before and it simply doesn´t add much to her beauty. Well, I don´t like hats at all and when they are big, I like them even less
I don't know about the outfit. Looks like second-hand clothes for a baglady. Maybe it's the lighting of the photo.

The hat, well at least she wore one. Those silly bandanas (or whatever they're called) on Mette-Marit's and Mary's heads just show us the obvious; that they aren't used to wearing hats.

They could take some lessons from Camilla. She always wears the most exquisite hats.

purple_platinum said:
Has Princess Victoria arrived in Copenhagen yet?
seeing that Haakon & Mette-Marit were forced to cancel their flight and had to take a train to copenhagen, how about Victoria?
pardon my cluelessness, how to get from stockholm to copenhagen other than by plane?
You can take the train from Stockholm to Malmö and then change train and go from Malmö to Copenhagen via the Öresund bridge.

Perhaps Haakon and Mette Marit also took that route, or perhaps they went by boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom