Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 3: November 2004 - April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much for posting, Yennie and GrandDuchess
The second one (of your attached pics) is a "real" Victoria-pic. I haven´t seen this glad beaming look on her for a while. Do you know what I mean (she had this look most time at 18/19...)?

BTW Gotlandska.com is now not running for me (I will try it later again...hope it works then)

Pics from Fotomarktplatz:

Attachments

• Got2.jpg
    Got2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 197
  • got1.jpg
    got1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 235
  • Got4.jpg
    Got4.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 225
  • Got3.jpg
    Got3.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 228
Lena said:
Thank you very much for posting, Yennie and GrandDuchess
The second one (of your attached pics) is a "real" Victoria-pic. I haven´t seen this glad beaming look on her for a while. Do you know what I mean (she had this look most time at 18/19...)?

Maybe Victoria is expecting something happy nobody else knows yet :) ;)

Crown Princess Victoria at the Equitana in Essen: February 26, 2005

First pic of Victoria visiting the Equitana (fair for horse sports) in Essen. Wonder how this skirt (?) looks in detail. (Fotomarktplatz)

Attachments

• equi1.jpg
    equi1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 295
Here are more pics from Fotomarktplatz...title: "how to get out of a carriage and how to show legs while doing" ;)
Finally something different. I think the outfit would look nice without the jacket (strange mix: formal with informal) and when the shirt would have an other colour.

Attachments

• Equi2.jpg
    Equi2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 287
  • equi3.jpg
    equi3.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 247
  • equi4.jpg
    equi4.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 358
  • equi5.jpg
    equi5.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 289
Pics from AP:

Attachments

• equi6.jpg
    equi6.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 281
  • equi7.jpg
    equi7.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 243
  • equi8.jpg
    equi8.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 354
More pics from Equitana 2005 in Germany, from Fotomarktplatz:

Attachments

• Equitana Essen 26 feb 2005_9.jpg
    Equitana Essen 26 feb 2005_9.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 390
  • Equitana Essen 26 feb 2005_10.jpg
    Equitana Essen 26 feb 2005_10.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 204
  • Equitana Essen 26 feb 2005_11.jpg
    Equitana Essen 26 feb 2005_11.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 512
Loved the videos from Gotland. I fear that it may not work for some people because it is on Quicktime. That flame looked a little too windblown though. Nice photos from the Equitana. Maybe a different jacket would have been better.

Pics from getty

Attachments

• 52244099.jpg
    52244099.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 261
  • 52244097.jpg
    52244097.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 277
  • 52244084.jpg
    52244084.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 216
  • 52244083.jpg
    52244083.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 253
  • 52244092.jpg
    52244092.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 275
Have any of you noticed that when Victoria wears glasses she looks a lot like her father and when she doesn't she looks like her mother?

Translation of an Expressen article today:

A muzzle – then the Crown Princess lights up

Essen, Germany.
Chaos broke loose when Crown Princess Victoria yesterday opened the Swedish pavilion at the world’s biggest equestrian fair in Essen. Ten big security guards were required to protect Victoria from the cheering, royalist crowd in the Republic of Germany.
- Touching, says Victoria to Expressen.

Crown Princess Victoria causes a bigger stir in Germany than home in Sweden. The four thousand people in the audience screamed, stood up and stomped on the floor when Victoria was taken around the arena in a carriage driven by horses from the Royal Mews in Sweden.

The host of the opening said “Crown Princess Victoria” 22 times during his opening speech. And so it is. When Victoria opened the Swedish pavilion, it was closed off with a fence and security guards.

Big “horse country”
But when Victoria spotted Expressen’s reporter, she said:
- I didn’t know that Expressen is interested in horses!

We’re interested in everything.
- That’s good.
Is the Crown Princess interested in horses?
- Yes, definitely. Unfortunately I don’t ride at the moment, but I hope to continue with it.
Why is it important to support the Swedish equestrian sport?
- Sweden is a big horse country. It’s not until the recent years that weave started to understand how many people are involved in the equestrian sport.
A whole industry has developed around this.
- 26 Swedish companies are represented here. There are those who say that Sweden has the most horses in Europe counted per capita. That’s great.
The Swedish companies’ chances here?
- It’s darn tough to come here as a Swedish company and compete with German ones. It’s cocky.
You encounter and enormous attention here in Germany from the media and public. Someone just told me that many people here consider you as Germany’s Crown Princess. That sounds a bit...cheeky.
Victoria laughs
- That’s a sweet thing to say. There’s a great turnout, I must say. One is always as moved. It gets intense sometimes.
That was quite and understatement.
- But it is nice; it’s fun to be able to bring home to Sweden.

Attachments

• 390d4057.jpg
    390d4057.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 350
GrandDuchess said:
A muzzle – then the Crown Princess lights up

Essen, Germany.
Chaos broke loose when Crown Princess Victoria yesterday opened the Swedish pavilion at the world’s biggest equestrian fair in Essen. Ten big security guards were required to protect Victoria from the cheering, royalist crowd in the Republic of Germany.
- Touching, says Victoria to Expressen.

Crown Princess Victoria causes a bigger stir in Germany than home in Sweden. The four thousand people in the audience screamed, stood up and stomped on the floor when Victoria was taken around the arena in a carriage driven by horses from the Royal Mews in Sweden.

The host of the opening said “Crown Princess Victoria” 22 times during his opening speech. And so it is. When Victoria opened the Swedish pavilion, it was closed off with a fence and security guards.

Big “horse country”
But when Victoria spotted Expressen’s reporter, she said:
- I didn’t know that Expressen is interested in horses!

We’re interested in everything.
- That’s good.
Is the Crown Princess interested in horses?
- Yes, definitely. Unfortunately I don’t ride at the moment, but I hope to continue with it.
Why is it important to support the Swedish equestrian sport?
- Sweden is a big horse country. It’s not until the recent years that weave started to understand how many people are involved in the equestrian sport.
A whole industry has developed around this.
- 26 Swedish companies are represented here. There are those who say that Sweden has the most horses in Europe counted per capita. That’s great.
The Swedish companies’ chances here?
- It’s darn tough to come here as a Swedish company and compete with German ones. It’s cocky.
You encounter and enormous attention here in Germany from the media and public. Someone just told me that many people here consider you as Germany’s Crown Princess. That sounds a bit...cheeky.
Victoria laughs
- That’s a sweet thing to say. There’s a great turnout, I must say. One is always as moved. It gets intense sometimes.
That was quite and understatement.
- But it is nice; it’s fun to be able to bring home to Sweden.
is victoria populour in germany or is it only expressen creative writing?

Josefine said:
is victoria populour in germany or is it only expressen creative writing?
Well at least she is popular in the German yellow press :) Remember the fake scandals etc :p

More pics from the opening of the Swedish section at Equitana 2005 in Essen in Germany in the end of February, from Fotomarktplatz:

Attachments

• Equitana Essen 26 feb 2005_24.jpg
    Equitana Essen 26 feb 2005_24.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 420
  • Equitana Essen 26 feb 2005_23.jpg
    Equitana Essen 26 feb 2005_23.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 308
  • Equitana Essen 26 feb 2005_22.jpg
    Equitana Essen 26 feb 2005_22.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 230
  • Equitana Essen 26 feb 2005_21.jpg
    Equitana Essen 26 feb 2005_21.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 342
  • Equitana Essen 26 feb 2005_20.jpg
    Equitana Essen 26 feb 2005_20.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 281
  • Equitana Essen 26 feb 2005_19.jpg
    Equitana Essen 26 feb 2005_19.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 375
Another long trip abroad!

After only having been at home for a short period after returning from Australia; it's soon off to the other side of the world again as Crown Princess Victoria will travel to Japan next week - after spending the two days in Copenhagen this weekend (!).

Monday 4/10 – Sunday 10/4
*Visit to Expo 2005, the official opening of “The Swedish National Day” and a visit to the Japanese pavilion (6 April)
*Visit to the Umezono Primary School in Okazaki (friendship city to Sweden)
*Attendance at a seminar hosted by The Swedish Care Institute
*Opening of a design exhibition at the Swedish Embassy in Tokyo
*Attendance at the opening of a new IKEA store in Yokohama
*Luncheon with the Emperor and Empress of Japan (9 April)

she has met Emperor and Empress of Japan a few times now

how about the asia trip will that be near the summer

Princess Victoria at the HC Andersen Celebrations in Denmark; April 2005

Crown Princess Victoria tonight at the H.C. Andersen Gala Performance at the Royal Theatre in Copenhagen, Denmark. The pics are from Imagine and one from Polfoto:

Attachments

• V1.jpg
    V1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 205
  • V2.jpg
    V2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 186
  • V3.jpg
    V3.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 211
  • V4.jpg
    V4.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 188
  • V5.jpg
    V5.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 226
  • V6.jpg
    V6.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 178
  • 245357684.jpg
    245357684.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 211
Thank you for the pictures, GrandDuchess
Is Victoria reading on this board...and is doing this on purpose :confused: ...if so "This is not funny, Victoria"...haven´t I made my point clear, that it would be terrible, when she would have a third meeting with Mary, which would be like the first two?! I don´t want to see glasses with evening wear. I also don´t want to see a top within a few weeks two times. And I don´t want to see the same styles for meetings with the same Royals. The only improvement: her hairdo

Its the "Meet the Danes outfit" I like the outfit, always have, and think she looks lovely, the hair is nice but glasses and evening wear is a no no for me, maybe she will wear the green dress for one of the next events:D My complaint is that she just wore it in Sidney and to the last meeting with Mary

While she looks lovely, I think she would've looked much nicer in a nice evening dress.

I read that she's staying as a guest at cousin Frederik's home, Kancellihuset.

Lena said:
Thank you for the pictures, GrandDuchess
Is Victoria reading on this board...and is doing this on purpose :confused: ...if so "This is not funny, Victoria"...haven´t I made my point clear, that it would be terrible, when she would have a third meeting with Mary, which would be like the first two?! I don´t want to see glasses with evening wear. I also don´t want to see a top within a few weeks two times. And I don´t want to see the same styles for meetings with the same Royals. The only improvement: her hairdo

I know Victoria probably could dress a bit more young and "edgy". The style she had in Australia was really good and suited her, but really so what if she is wearing glasses and the same top within two weeks? She seems to be such a lovely girl and an excellent representative for Sweden, she does so much work all by herself without having the support of a husband/fiance next to her. She is intelligent, hardworking and seems to have a heart. Her job is to represent Sweden, not be a supermodel.

bolla said:
I know Victoria probably could dress a bit more young and "edgy". The style she had in Australia was really good and suited her, but really so what if she is wearing glasses and the same top within two weeks? She seems to be such a lovely girl and an excellent representative for Sweden, she does so much work all by herself without having the support of a husband/fiance next to her. She is intelligent, hardworking and seems to have a heart. Her job is to represent Sweden, not be a supermodel.

Yes, but who gets the headlines? A stylish crown princess or the hard working one? I must say, I haven´t seen as many articles on Victoria as around her time in Australia for a long time! And maybe that´s our bad bad world and this system should be changed. But so far it´s simply a fact, that you get headlines, and through that attention for organisations, when you look like a princess.

I do think Victoria looks like a princess, and to me wherever she goes she seem to make headlines. I think the reason why Mary got so much attention in Australia compared to Victoria, was not purely due to how she dressed but the whole concept of a cinderella story, the common girl getting the prince and she is visiting her "old" homeland. Mary is new "blood" for the press, the exact same thing happened to her sister in law Alexandra when she got married to Joachim.

Crown Princess Victoria during the afternoon today at the celebrations of H.C. Andersen's 200th birthday jubilee in his birthtown Odense in Denmark. Pic from Fotomarktplatz:

Attachments

• showLayoutImage.pl.jpg
    showLayoutImage.pl.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 400
Thank you, Grand Duchess, for the lovely pictures. I'm so impressed with Victoria's new sense of ('dare bare') style. You go girl! :D

She looks fantastic!

I must say, I´m quite disappointed of Victoria´s appearances. I can´t say, that Mary was as stunning as I know her from earlier appearances, but she has clearly beaten Victoria.
As I´ve said, I don´t think it was very wise to wear this top, she has worn in Australia 3 weeks ago and for the first meeting with Mary. But that was still ok. A bit inconsiderately...but well.
But today I hated all two combinations. Yes, I mean esp. COMBINATIONS. This black hat destroys the outfit, the same for the jacket to the boring black dress in the evening. And that I´m not the biggest fan of glasses to galas is no big secret.
It seems "nagging Lena" is back...I guess you don´t have missed her. Well, I´m in a bad and sad mood today, maybe I will see her appearance in Denmark with "other eyes" in a few days.

You can find the pictures here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=194018#post194018

EDIT: Tonight she hasn´t worn a black dress...but black pants...again pants...her parents should have named her "Victor"

Last edited:
If we would ever make Victoria recyceling tread, we would need atleast two posts and tweny attachments to every outfit, how many times have we seen this jacket the past two years:confused: Mary, Laurentien and Victoria all looked dowdy\unflattering dressed in Parken I had truly expected something more for a fairy tale show.....

Attachments

• 52580024.jpg
    52580024.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 204
Larzen said:
how many times have we seen this jacket the past two years:confused:

Interestingly she has (also) worn it for a meeting with a danish Royal. Then with queen Margrethe. I guess in the past 3 years, Victoria hasn´t met the danish Royals more than 3-5 times officially . But for these HCA-meetings she had to choose exactly 2 outfits, which she has worn before for meetings with the Danes :confused:

Last edited:
Oh my goodness! I don't want to be mean, but that 'can't-even-define-what-colour-that-is' jacket is hideous. Why would she want to wear it more than once? It's the wrong colour and cut for her (or anyone, for that matter). It appears as if she has worn flat shoes with her 'outfit' as well. Bad choice. Very bad! I agree, Lena, about wearing glasses to galas. She often wears contacts; why couldn't she have worn them for an event like this? From the previous photo (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119435); that hat is terrible as well. *shakes head in sadness* “Why Victoria? Why did you revert back to your old ways?” I don't mind that shiny blue top, but she has worn it recently. I guess she will recycle her clothing to death, just like those white shoes (let us pray they are gone out of sight). I wish I was her fashion consultant. I can't guarantee her clothing would improve, but it sure would make me feel better.

Lena said:
I must say, I´m quite disappointed of Victoria´s appearances. I can´t say, that Mary was as stunning as I know her from earlier appearances, but she has clearly beaten Victoria.
As I´ve said, I don´t think it was very wise to wear this top, she has worn in Australia 3 weeks ago and for the first meeting with Mary. But that was still ok. A bit inconsiderately...but well.
But today I hated all two combinations. Yes, I mean esp. COMBINATIONS. This black hat destroys the outfit, the same for the jacket to the boring black dress in the evening. And that I´m not the biggest fan of glasses to galas is no big secret.
It seems "nagging Lena" is back...I guess you don´t have missed her. Well, I´m in a bad and sad mood today, maybe I will see her appearance in Denmark with "other eyes" in a few days.

You can find the pictures here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=194018#post194018

EDIT: Tonight she hasn´t worn a black dress...but black pants...again pants...her parents should have named her "Victor"

This post has totally made me laugh Lena! Especially the last Edit comment. I am now trying to clean tea off the screen on my laptop and make my keyboard less sticky.

I don't care much for Victoria's metallic jacket either. The big flower pinned to the jacket -- wasn't that fad over like two seasons ago? I remember it being popular two seasons ago during Sex and the City's last season (here in North America). Or maybe as the show probably runs a bit behind in Sweden it is the current trend there now so Victoria is stylish and I just don't know it? :confused:

I too, am in agreement with Lena about the glasses. I don't have (as much) of a problem if she's wearing glasses with her suits during daytime engagements. I think sometimes it even works well for her in that she looks older and more professional. But for a gala when Margrethe and Benedikte are in their fur jackets and even 60 year old Benedikte is wearing a dress with a rather daring slit young, nubile 27 year old Victoria looks very dowdy and old in her glasses and ponytail. At least she could've done her hair in curls or an updo if she were to wear a ponytail.

(Is anyone for chipping in a few dollars so that we can send Lena to Sweden to either cut off the ponytail, steal her glasses and leave her a fresh supply of contacts, steal the white shoes (for Danielle!), and steal any and all items of clothing we have seen more than 5 times and/or loathe? :p)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom