Countess Alexandra's False Pregnancy Rumours: March to June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophus

Aristocracy
City
Copenhagen
Country
Denmark
According to Ekstra Bladet Alexandra is pregnant! It is the part of her family who lives in Austria who has verified the fact to danish magazine Se og Hør.

That should explain why Alexandra did'nt drank alcohol at the wedding...

:flowers:

Heike said:
It´s very unfair that you said Alexandra is no ambassador of Denmark.

The point was that some posters thought Alexandra 'deserved' the arrangements because 'she was such an excellent ambassador'.

She was no ambassador. She was a wife to a younger son of the Queen. Of course, in that high-profile role she was a nice calling card for Denmark. However, that was not her role: she was Joachim's wife and mother to their children.

What if Alexandra was not such a glamorous and photogenic lady? If she was an overweight lady with glasses and freckles? Was she still then 'such an excellent ambassador'? Yet she would still have been exactly the same: the wife to the youngest son of the Queen.
No more, no less.

Told you so! She is an inspiration to us "older" women!

I hope so! a baby is blessing and she is so in love and starting a new life

Danielane said:
And the pregnancy rumours begins, but that would explain the very short laps of time between the announcement and the wedding.

Ugeblad: Alexandra er gravid - dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland

It's in danish, and it's saying that according to family of Alexandra in Austria, she is pregnant.
Of course, it's also quoting Se & Hør as the source for the news. ...

It would be happy news if she were pregnant, though.

norwegianne said:
Of course, it's also quoting Se & Hør as the source for the news. ...

It would be happy news if she were pregnant, though.

What is wrong with Se & Hør? I don't know this paper very well.

Se & Hør isn't a reliable source for correct information. Essentially it's a tabloid magazine.

Nonetheless, if it is true, like many others, I would be happy for Alexandra and Martin.

:)

Aphrodite26 said:
How old is she?

She is 42 and are going to turn 43 in a coupel of months...Frankly i think she is to olde to have a 3. child..just do the math..when the child is 10 Alexandra will be 52-53 and when the child is 20 Alexandra will be 62-63 is that fair to the child or Alexandra think of it pleas...
I gues that when i make that kinde of statemend i am going to bashed inher :neutral:

H.M. Margrethe said:
She is 42 and are going to turn 43 in a coupel of months...Frankly i think she is to olde to have a 3. child..just do the math..when the child is 10 Alexandra will be 52-53 and when the child is 20 Alexandra will be 62-63 is that fair to the child or Alexandra think of it pleas...
I gues that when i make that kinde of statemend i am going to bashed inher :neutral:

Well, lots of women have kids at that age and the kids mostly turn out as well as "other" kids. She's got a life eectancy of about 80 years. So she might not die before her own daughter or son is forty...I hardly think that makes it unfair to the child!

H.M. Margrethe said:

Not necessarily - that's exactly the reason why I don't have a second child because when I finally could make room in my life I found myself that I was too old... But we don't know if Alexandra is pregnant and if so, if she wanted another child? Accidents happen... and then it makes no sense to tell that she is too old, when nature thoughts she is not...

You're allowed to express your opinion even though it may differ from others, so don't worry about it, H.M. Margrethe.

Countess Alexandra Pregnant

Just read it .....

no wonder she 'had' to get married.

GlitteringTiaras said:
You're allowed to express your opinion even though it may differ from others, so don't worry about it, H.M. Margrethe.

Thank you so mutch for saying that GlitteringTiaras.
The reason for saying that i am going to be bashed in her is that i have been looking in the olde threads about Countess Alexandra, CP Mary and a buntch of other threads about royal ladys and ther was abot of basshing of CP Mary just because she like the faschion and so on.
It is clearly my opinion about Countess Alexandra being preagnent for the 3. time that she is to olde to be a mother for the 3. time.

hrhcp said:
Just read it .....

no wonder she 'had' to get married.

Whooo stop it...it has not been confurmed from neither Alexandra or Martin so pleas holde your horses...

H.M. Margrethe said:
Whooo stop it...it has not been confurmed from neither Alexandra or Martin so pleas holde your horses...

I agree. :flowers:

But on the other hand - now that Alex don't have the machinery of the Danish court behind her in terms of press releases and so on, I do wonder if she'd release information about such an event. She's a private citizen now - and a pregnancy would be a private affair this time around and not a state matter.

So is it official now or just speculation on the part of the media?

Two questions:

1) Is Alexandra's title, Countess, hereditary for any future children she might have?
2) Would this child, if she is expecting, carry the title, or would it pass onto one of her son's that are Prince's?

Just wondering...

I obviously have no idea if it's really true. But it seems that a rumor such as this wouldn't creep up so soon. I could be wrong about that. But it just would make sense that there are still enough other stories surrounding this union that it wouldn't need a pregnancy rumor on top of everything else. So it seems to me that Alexandra being pregnant is definitely very probable. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

RachelD said:
Two questions:

1) Is Alexandra's title, Countess, hereditary for any future children she might have?
2) Would this child, if she is expecting, carry the title, or would it pass onto one of her son's that are Prince's?

Just wondering...
Alexandra's title is personal - and not herditary. If she has children with Martin, they'd most likely carry the surname Jørgensen.

In order for us to really know that it's true what types of news agencies or newpapers/magazine's are the most credible for things like this? How long can such a rumor like this remain unconfirmed and who would confirm this rumor? Is there a press secretary related with the DRF that might confirm it or does Alexandra have here own press representation to confirm? I'm just curious to know exactly how we will know if this is true or not. Of course in a month or so it might be obvious when looking at Alexandra so maybe that is the only confirmation the public will get.

Has it been confirmed yet? if it's true than that's great. Congrats to the couple. Felix and Nicolai could be happy to have a new brother or sister. No wonder they got married so soon if it's true

BeatrixFan said:
I see. A shotgun wedding. How quaint.

I doubt they got married because she was pregnant. Did you ever consider that maybe they planned the baby at the same time as the wedding because of Alexandra's age? There hasn't even been a confirmation yet as to whether or not she is pregnant so we can't really assume it was a "shotgun weding".

She's been married a few days and now she's pregnant? If she is pregnant that is. And if she is, she was carrying a bun on her way to the cake shop.

I think it´s normal that Alexandra would want to give her new husband a child. How old was P Caroline when she had Alexandra? - about the same age as Alexandra now?

Yes i realise that IF she is pregnant then she was pregnant at the wedding all I'm saying is that it isn't realistic to say that is why they got married. But that is just my opinion :flowers:

eireann said:
I think it´s normal that Alexandra would want to give her new husband a child. How old was P Caroline when she had Alexandra? - about the same age as Alexandra now?
Yes. Princess Caroline was born Jan. 23, 1957. She married Prince Ernst on her 42nd birthday, Jan. 23, 1999. Six months later, she gave birth to Princess Alexandra on July 20, 1999.

-Ayvee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom