Coronation Celebrations in our Communities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilyflo

Royal Highness
City
England
Country
United Kingdom
What is everyone doing in their village / town / city?

The bunting is going up in the village next week and I've ordered all sorts of crafting materials to make replica crowns with my grandchildren. Our village is having a community picnic next Sunday with games and fancy dress competitions.

I'm in the US. Just going to watch the ceremony from online streaming or television.

I will be trying to make Union Flag meringues and fruit platters with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and squirty cream! They worked OK for the Jubilee :).

I am having a coronation party at home, my friends are coming round for breakfast and we will sit glued until the flypast. On the Monday there is a tree planting in our village plus a family fun day. Knitted crowns all ready, bunting ready to go up.

I've noticed coronation banners on field gates, union flags and bunting flying in our nearest small town and a farmer has used his tractor to write LONG LIVE THE KING in huge letters on our local beach (photographed from above before the tide washed them away). My grandchildren made their crowns with me and I bought the girls coronation charm bracelet kits. I'm feeling quite excited now!

I'll have my morning coffee in my best china watching the events and have a left over bottle of Pimm's that was not used at Christmas for later!

It was all very jolly at my local health centre this morning. The whole place is bedecked in union flag bunting and coronation posters. The dispensary and office staff were wearing coronation T shirts and replica crowns!

I walked over to our local coronation picnic earlier and it's very well attended. I didn't stay long as we have a sick dog at home (nothing too serious) but there was live music and quite a few people in costumes or special hats. Overall, a successful community event by the looks and sounds of it.

Hope you all enjoyed Coronation weekend and that the rain on Saturday didn't dampen spirits!

How did you celebrate the coronation?

Like many people around the world I watched the coronation of King Charles III and Queen Camilla live. I wore my tiara that morning. Then laced up my running shoes and ran a 5k+ wearing my tiara. I entered a virtual race to be run on May 6, and received my shirt and medal for that race. Here are pictures of me in my tiara and with my coronation race regalia.
Runnning with Tiara.jpg
Coronation run regalia.jpg

Back
Top Bottom