Christmas with the Norwegian Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ingrid is very talkative, can we get a small re-cap of what she says. Pretty please :flowers:

Thanks norwegianne. It's a wonderful family. Sverre and Ingrid Alexandra are so cute.

Oppie said:
Ingrid is very talkative, can we get a small re-cap of what she says. Pretty please :flowers:
"Now, it is really great,"
"I'm making Christmas decorations for Santa Claus"
"Santa Claus is coming to me to help me glue"

Some of her sayings.

She's got a problem with her r's - Marius becomes Majus, for example.

Aww.:wub:
Marius, Ingrid and Sverre is all so cute.
Ingrid's hair has really grown.
Thanks for the pictures :flowers:

Very nice! Svere got so big, he is so cute... And Ingrid got a new hair cut... she looks cute.. I got the Majus part, but I thought maybe thats how you pronounce it in Norwegian...
Nice Christmas party.

yes, ingrid alezandra's hair is adorable!!! she had the same hair cut than mette marit

How cute!
I love the new photos!
IA seems to have so much fun!
It is easy to forgive them now that they didn't publish birthdaypictures on Sverre's 1st birthday! He is so adorable!:flowers:

magnik said:

I don't think so - if you look at these pictures of Harald around the same time, there's isn't many similarities, in my opinion: http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=u436959acme1ut.jpg http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=19390503021jq.jpg

Rather he takes after Mette-Marit's side, I think.

Edit: Though, for the general shape of the head, both Ingrid and Sverre seem to take after grandmother Sonja: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/norwegianne/trf/1937.jpg

Last edited:
norwegianne said:
Article, and pictures + video from Nettavisen: http://www.side2.no/kjendis/article834563.ece
THANK YOU so much norwegianne. They are such a great family. Both the CPP seem like such hands on parents. HM looks like he is such a great dad. The children are getting so big, I can't beleive how talkative IA was during this video. SM has grown so much, he looks like a lot his mama. Of course, Marius has always been a heart breaker, nothing has changed there. I love to see this family interact. Hope they all have a wonderful Christmas!!:wub:

Sverre is such a cutie! My first impression from seeing these photos was that he is like Harald..and Ingrid is so funny :flowers:

Lovely video of the family. I love their approach at giving the public a glimpse of their family life.

What room were these photos taken in? It looks awfully small.

kaffir said:
What room were these photos taken in? It looks awfully small.
Their kitchen, I think. It is the same room as last year, when they baked for the photoshoot. :flowers:

ldt20 said:
Lovely video of the family. I love their approach at giving the public a glimpse of their family life.

Oh, I don't know. It all looks very saintly. Of course that's what is expected of them - to be a model family - but I'd rather know whether this is real life at the palace. Imagine them at the end of a long day - the kids cranky, the parents really exhausted, everybody just wanting to prop up their feet in front of the TV...that's where true character would show itself since everybody can be nice and well-behaved for half an hour at a scheduled foto-shoot.
(The pictures are cute, though! :wub:)

norwegianne said:
Their kitchen, I think. It is the same room as last year, when they baked for the photoshoot. :flowers:
Was it really last year?
I think Ingrid-Alexandra was only 1 year old (and Sverre wasn't born yet )when they took the baking-pictures, wasn't she??:ermm:
They are a very cute family. I'm really looking forward to see pictures of the whole Royal Family under the Christmastree in the Royal Castel, with the King and Queen, the Crownprincely Family and Märtha's Family:)

Her_Majesty said:
Was it really last year?
I think Ingrid-Alexandra was only 1 year old (and Sverre wasn't born yet )when they took the baking-pictures, wasn't she??:ermm:
They are a very cute family. I'm really looking forward to see pictures of the whole Royal Family under the Christmastree in the Royal Castel, with the King and Queen, the Crownprincely Family and Märtha's Family:)
You're right - two years ago: http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/innenriks/kongehuset/4361065.html

Ingrid Alexandra is so funny. Sverre look a bit tired but sooo cute, he has grown so much since the last time we see him. Marius is so handsome.
Thanks Norweianne for post the links to the video and to the pictures.

Last edited:
They are my fave CP family. Such wonderful kids. :wub:

Ingrid has grown so much! I mean, she looks way younger in London because of what she was wearing. But now that her hair is showing, I think she looks great!

Marius and Sverre will be heart-breakers in the future ;)

Oh, the pictures are great! I'm soo glad to see all the kids together. They have all really grown.:wub:

The video was cute (despite the fact that I couldn't understand I word they were saying)!.

aww, the video and photos are adorable! perhaps someone from norway can tell us what ingrid and mm are saying?

sverre is everyday cuter!

Can someone explain what Ingrid and Mette are talking about?

mirrjam said:
Can someone explain what Ingrid and Mette are talking about?

CP Mette-Marit asked Princess Ingrid Alexandra about who she was making that Christmas ornament to, and Princess IA answered that it was for Santa Clause. And then I think Princess IA said she wanted Santa come glue with her (don't remember quite exactly, saw it on the news yesterday) and CP M-M answered something confirmative.

But the most interesting was the dialect Princess IA had. I've never heard her speak before, and she has a facinating mix of her mother's Kristiansand dialect and her dad's Oslo dialect.

Last edited:
Ah how nice! Thank you very much Kikib!
Unfortunately I really can't here the differences in norwegian dialect.. :)

Translation of article from www.aftenposten.no

Ingrid Alexandra: ”I want to do it myself!”

Princess Ingrid Alexandra which will be three years old in January, is as will-strong as most three year olds. “I want to do it myself, “ she said with strength when dad Haakon tried to help her with her glue stick.

With her parents, big brother Marius and little brother Sverre Magnus the young heir made Christmas decorations at Skaugum this week. The three year old, which has become very good at talking the past year, was mostly interested in pearling and gluing links of glossy paper together, and was unwilling to accept help from the adults.

But she would like Santa Claus as an assistant. “Santa shall come and glue with me” the young lady claimed when mum Mette-Marit brought up the theme of Santa Clause.

Otherwise, she is convinced that Santa will come on Christmas Eve and stand outside, as she remembered him doing last year.

Yawned

The one year old Prince Sverre Magnus yawned through large parts of the Christmas decoration séance and was mostly busy tasting the decorations which he curled up in his little, tubby fingers.

In honour of the photographers Ingrid Alexandra tried to place the Christmas ornaments on the almost hairless head of little brother, which absolutely wouldn’t be decorated this way.

The little Princess has already become used to press photographers, and clowned about and squeezed her eyes shut when she was asked to smile to the photographer.

Tradition

The Christmas decorating took place in the breakfast room at Skaugum, which lies in between the dining room and the library in the representational part of Skaugum. In the window hang gingerbread hearts and bikini dressed gingerbread ladies, clearly decorated by the family’s youngest.

Last year too, the press was invited to be present when the Crown Princely family made Christmas decorations at Skaugum, so this can be counted as a fixed tradition as long as the kids are little, as it was when Crown Prince Haakon and Princess Märtha Louise were the same age.

Tuesday there were a Lucia-parade in the Princess’ kindergarten – with mum and little brother as audience, but this wasn’t open to the press.
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/kongelige/article1569160.ece

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom