Christmas with the Norwegian Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a lovely Christmas card. It looks like the picture was taken in the summer time. The girls looks adorable!:flowers:

Thanks, Esmerelda! Until now, I'd only ever seen the shorter Christmas 2008 clip that's on the NRF website.

Sonja is an expert snowman-maker, I must say. And all the kids are so cute.

Christmas 2010

This year King Harald and Queen Sonja are going to celebrate Christmas at the Royal Lodge together with Princess Märtha Louise and family.

Since the CP family is abroad, there will not be any photoshoot this year.
Instead of this Christmas pictures will be taken when the Royal couple visits Frogn voluntary on December 21st.

Frogn Volunteer bureau
Their Majesties The King and Queen visit the Volunteer bureau in Frogn (13:30).

Furthermore Norwegian people will get the chance to watch a one-hour program on December 21st on TV 2. It's called "The guys on tour" and features King Harald's summer fishing trip to Vefsna in Nordland.

Princess Märtha Louise can be seen at NRK's Christmas concert from Vang Church on the Christmas Day.

Google Übersetzer

On the first Christmas Day the Royal couple and Princess Märtha's family will attend the Christmas service together.
Christmas service Their Majesties The King and Queen attend Christmas service at the Holmenkollen Chapel. Her Highness Princess Märtha Louise and family will also be in attendance (12:00).

Last edited:
Such a pity we won't have any little film this year with Mette-Marit, Haakon and the children !

I wonder if the king and queen will do a photo shoot this year, even though Haakon and family are not around?

I wonder if the king and queen will do a photo shoot this year, even though Haakon and family are not around?
Please check my post above and you'll find the answer. :flowers:

Please check my post above and you'll find the answer. :flowers:

I should have phrased my post better. What I meant to ask was if there will be pictures of the rest of the family during Christmas.

Since the CP family is abroad, there will not be any photoshoot this year.
Instead of this Christmas pictures will be taken when the Royal couple visits Frogn voluntary on December 21st.​

I'm sort of confused here. Doesn't this just mean that there will be a photoshoot with just Harald and Sonja Frogn voluntary on Tuesday?​

I'm sort of confused here. Doesn't this just mean that there will be a photoshoot with just Harald and Sonja Frogn voluntary on Tuesday? [/LEFT]
I don't really know that either... It sounds like they'll have a normal official engagement and during that event, the media can take pictures (as usual? ;)).We'll see tomorrow.

News at last ! And pix, I am delighted I was hoping for nothing this year !

King Harald, Queen Sonia, Prinsess Martha Louise, Ari Behn, Maud Angelica and Leah Isadora attend Christmas mass at Holmenkollen Chapel on Christmas Day.

BelgaPicture - Category details

I assume Emma is there as well and the caption is incorrect?

Haven't seen the girls in a while and they have certainly grown!

no pre christmas photos for the NRF?

first pictures from the official Christmas photoshooting

whole family 1
whole family 2
whole family 3
Marius, Mette-Marit and Haakon
whole family without King Harald Sverre Magnus :D
Queen Sonja, Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus
Queen Sonja and Ingrid Alexandra 1
Queen Sonja and Ingrid Alexandra 2
Mette-Marit
Marius
Sverre Magnus

many more here

picture gallery (watermark free) http://www.namdalsavisa.no/bildeserier/bildeserier_underholdning/article5852634.ece

Queen Sonja read "How the snow got color" by Dan Lindholm for the grandchildren. Prince Sverre Magnus was concerned about the Christmas tree and had a little trouble sitting still, while big sister Ingrid Alexandra was more attentive during the shoot.
article
Google Translation

Last edited:
I miss seeing Princess Martha Louise's and her family. But I guess they're keeping it a simple as possible.

Marius

I say Marius resembles a young Leonardo DiCaprio. Which means the girls are going to love him, if they don't already. :D

Marius

I say Marius resembles a young Leonardo DiCaprio. Which means the girls are going to love him, if they don't already. :D

Marius IS A REAL Cutie-Pie! So dashing. Great photos of the Royal family of Norway, thanks for posting, love the traditional attire, the fabrics are amazing!

Good photos of the family. Sverre seems not to be enjoying it that much, tough... He's cute, looks like a man in miniature. Ingrid seems to have a very special relationship with her grandmother.

It's nice to see how both Sverre and Ingrid are sat on that sofa. I always wondered how would it be to live in a palace, that sometimes look more lika museum than a home. I always wondered if they were very careful not to break anything or something... I imagined parents telling their kids. "don't put your shoes in the sofa, it is very special, it belonged to your great-great-great-great grandfather!" and things like that. So it's nice to see they can actually feel kind of comfortable there

Back
Top Bottom